• Published 5th Jan 2012
  • 2,534 Views, 86 Comments

Classroom of the future - Paradise Oasis



For Cheerilee, future shock has a whole new meaning...

  • ...
4
 86
 2,534

war with words

War with Words

"NO! You can't do this! Please don't kill me! PLEASE! AIEEEEEEEEEEE!"

The villan camp with filled with the sounds of a hysterical filly, panicking and screaming her head off. Baby North Star and Masquerade had been tied to a stake, and were about to be roasted alive. The yellow Pegasus turned her head towards the frightened pony tied behind her.

"Try to calm yourself down, little one." The changeling pony told her calmly. "We're going to make it out of this alive, I assure you."

"I want to go home! I want mummy and daddy! I’m sorry I was so mean!" Baby North Star continued to wail over and over. Masquerade felt helpless, wishing she could do more than just talk to help the distraught filly.

"Worry not, my little senioritas. You sacrifices shall be for a glorious purpose!" Azutohil gloated, as he and the other three leaders of the literature army crept up to the pole the two ponies were tied to. "It shall send a message to all of ponyland that all who stand in our way shell be crushed!"

Crysalis and Discord brought two torches out, and shoved them into the kindling under the ponies' hooves. Both Pegasus started to panic, as the flames began to rise around them.

"AAAAAAH!" Baby North Star shrieked.

"Stay strong, little one!" Masquerade yelled, struggling against the pony-proofed ropes. "We'll get out of this one yet!"

It was at that moment, that a rush of air zipped by the burning stake, makes the two equines disappear.

"W-what?" Azutohil exclaimed. "What in de world was-"

The same tan-colored blur suddenly zipped at the villain, knocking him off his feet. The leader of the evil escapees suddenly found a familiar form standing over him.

"Game's over Azoutohil!" The angry Pegasus exclaimed, standing over the downed fiend. "You and your villainous crew are finished!"

"Wh-what?" The villain yelled, looking up at his foe in disbelief. "Daring Do! How did you get here?"

"With a little help from my friends!" The Pegasus nodded towards the five Dream Valley Ponies. "They set us free from the golden door, to put your evil scheme!"

"Das what you think!" The cat fiend yelled, looking towards the assemblage of villains. "Mi amigos, get dem!"

"Stand your ground, Dream Castle ponies!" Masquerade called out, pulling the ropes off of herself. She handed the sobbing Baby North Star off to Cheerilee. "Here, take care of her!"

The horde of Chengelings, shadowbolts, and crazy cats charged at the five Dream Valley Ponies, who responded with the effective force that they had used in battle thier entire lives. They proceeded to pound, hack, and blast away at their foes, as they always did. But much to thier surprise, the combat did not go as they had expected, however.

"By the great horsemaster! What's happening to them?" Wigwam exclaimed, as he hacked away at the charging Shadowbolts with his Tomahawk. Many of the villains split right down the middle at his slashes, their very bodies breaking apart into letters, punctuation marks, and Parenthesis.

"Zhere breaking apart into text vrom a book!" Gypsy responded, blasting away at a tiger that attacked her, blowing it apart into a paragraph that scattered everywhere. "Zee enchantment zhat held zhem togezer iz dizzolving at each attack!"

"What a bunch of Pushovers!" Locket snorted, as she dive-bombed a few Changelings down, scattering their text all over the crystal-covered landscape.

"Why did we think these villians would be a threat again?" Modern Applejack quipped, as she back-kicked a mixed group of all three lackey types, smashing them back against the crystal rocks behind them.

It was at that moment, that a sucker punch hit the Dream Valley ponies from behind. Chrysalis, Discord, and Nightmare Moon all hit the equines from Dream Castle with a surprise energy blast, hitting them hard when they were least expecting it!

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh!" The five ponies cried, as the blasts knocked them out.

The four evil leaders then surrounded the unconscious equines.

"End of the road, everypony!" Discord cried out gleefully. "I'd love to see the disappointed looks on your faces... to bad you'll never wake up!"

"Hey, uglies!" Cheerile stood up on a crystalline outcropping behind them, staring down at the four of them. "Don't you losers know you've already lost?"

The four fiends merely looked back at the lone equine, with Baby North Star huddled against her lower leg, and laughed.

"Really, Seniorita?" Azoutohil laughed bitterly at them. "An how you gonna take all 'o us down?"

"Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie!" The Pink pony popped up behind discord. "Wanna have a party?"

"Hey! What are you-" The surprised draconequuis looked back over his shoulder at the pink pony, who promptly splattered the villain in the face with a pie.

"Good work, Pinkie!" Past Applejack ran past the blinded Discord, throwing a lasso around him, and pulling the draconequuis up over a branch. "This ornery critter is lassoed, an' ready fer hog tien', yee haw!" The orange pony exclaimed, as she tied Discord's arms and legs up.

I shal grids you beneath my hooves, foolish mares!" Queen Chrysalis shifted into a black colored dragon, sending a stream of fire at Fluttershy and Rarity.

"A dragon, darling? Really?" The white unicorn asked, blocking the fiery blast with an energy shield from her horn. "I expected something less tacky and garish from a queen!"

"And I'm, um, kind of sorry..." Fluttershy muttered. "But I'm going to have to take advantage of your choosing that form, and use it to my advantage!"

Fluttershy opened her eyes wide, staring deep into Chrysalis's eyes with a commanding gaze. After a few moments of wavering, the great beast lay down before the pony's gaze, totally neutralized by power of 'the stare'.

On the other side of the Camp, Nightmare Moon and Twilight Sparkle both shot beams from thier horns, which met in the center, and wavered back and forth.

"You are wasting your time, Twilight Sparkle!" Nightmare Moon boasted. "You couldn't defeat my magic by yourself a thousand years ago, and you most certainly cannot do it now!"

The beam slowly began moving towards Twilight's head, as the shadow alicorn's power quickly overwhelmed the unicorn mare.

"That may be true." Twilight exclaimed, as her opponent's beam neared her head. "But just like a thousand years ago, I don't need to defeat you alone!"

With the alicorn distracted by her conflict with Twilight, Rainbow Dash slammed into her from behind.

"Take that, ya creepy old witch!" The blue Pegasus called out, smacking into the back of the villainess’s head.

"Aiiieeeeeeee!" The shadow Alicorn cried out. Nightmare Moon, hit from both sides by the overwhelming force, collapsed to the ground, unconscious.

"Looks like all of your friends are gone, Azoutohil!" Daring Do snorted, charging at the Cat creature. "Looks like it's just you and me now!"

"Wrong, Seniorita!" Azutohil snapped. "It'll be just me!"

Spinning around quickly, the monster caught the Pegasus adventurerer by the throat with his tail hand. Glaring evilly at the mare, he began to choke Daring do mercilessly.

"Foolish pony! Who do you theenk it 'twas,, who detected the leak between worlds the teacher's departure from the book created?" He choked the pony tighter. "I took advantage of the leak, an used to it manipulate the little filly's anger to my own ends! "

"Y-you followed me out of the book?" Cheerilee yelled in shock, looking down from the crystal overlook. "You used me to get free?"

"But of course, Seniora!" Azutohil gloated, keeping his grip on Daring. "It was de original Discord who created dat book dat trapped you, before he vas sealed in stone for de last time- a kind of 'final reward' for de teacher of de little fillies who freed him!" The fiend bellowed. "Now, thanks to you and Baby North Star, myself and de other villians are free! All of Ponyland will be ours!"

"Hey, Azutohil!" Baby North Star yelled, breaking away from Cheerilee. "Look out below!"

The Little Filly landed squarely in the monster's face; flapping her wings furiously, and blocking his sight.

"Why you leetle-arggaaaaaaaaah!" He screamed, letting go of Daring Do.

"End of the line, grusome!" The tan Pegasus launched herself at the fiend's midsection hard, sending Azutohil flying straight backward. "Aieeeeee! CURSE YOU, DARING DOOOOOO!:" He howled out in anguish, before falling to the ground, unconscious.

"Everybody, wake up!" Masquerade yelled, as she came to. The Yellow Pegasus saw all of the remaining lackeys charging at the six harmony bearers and Daring. "They need our help, let's go!"

The other ponies were soon awake, and very quickly all twelve ponies plowed into the literary villains- hacking, slashing, and cutting away the changelings, cats, and Shadowbolts, and scattering the words that bled from thier wounds all across the landscape. Finally, the last Shadowbolt fell, and the dozen exhausted ponies stood triumphant over a sea of broken grammar.

...

It wasn't long before the twelve ponies had wrapped things up on the battlefield, and had made thier way back to the golden door. In truth, all of them knew what was going to happen next, but nobody wanted to vocalize it.

"I can't believe it, we won!" Locket shook her mane, disbelieving.

"Yeah, that fight was way easier that I thought it would be." Modern Applejack snorted. "Why'd we need to free those six from the land of legends again?"

"'Cause ya couldn't a' handled it on yer own!" Young Applejack snapped, glaring at the older AJ.

"The knew these villains inside and out- they are the harmony bearers and Daring Do, after all." Cheerilee replied with a chuckle.

"That was an awesome fight!" Rainbow Dash replied. "Let's do it again!"

"No thank you, Darling." Rarity snorted. "All that fighting messed up my hair!"

"Besides, Dash, we need to go back." Twilight Sparkle replied. "The land of Legends needs us to remain there, in order to remain stable!"

"Aw, do we really have to go?" Pinkie Pie asked sadly. "We haven't even gotten to party yet!"

"Vou haff to go bak, Darlink, and zo do zhey!" Gypsy nodded over towards the five villains, who were all chained up thanks to Locket. "Und I vill zeal ze door behind vou, zo it may never be opened again!"

I was then the six harmony bearers trotted solemnly towards the gates, the chained fiends in tow. Suddenly, Baby North Star galloped forward, a book in her mouth.

"Oh, miss Daring Doo!" She called out, galloping towards the door with a copy of a Daring Do novel. "My mum is a big fan 'o yours! Would you sign this book for her please?"

"Of course I will, Kid!" The Pegasus replied with a smile, autographing the book. "Tell your mom I said hi!" Daring disappeared through the gate.

"Goodbye, Girls! It was so good seeing you again!" Cheerilee's ears drooped. "I'm really going to miss you!"

"Cheer up, Cheerilee!" Pinkie Pie told her, trotting through the gate. "We'll see each other again, someday! Then we'll have the biggest party EVAH!"

"Take care, Cheerilee." Fluttershy said gently, as she went through. "Make sure to be extra nice to the critters of Ponyland for me, okay?"

"See ya around Cheerilee!" Rainbow Dash smiled back at her, disappearing into the light. "Daring and I, the coolest ponies ever, will think of you whenever we race!"

"Bye, Cheerilee, take care o'yerself." Applejack snorted, looking at her older self, as she trotted through the gate. "Ah'd say see ya later, but Ah'm right beside y'all!"

"Cheerilee, Darling... you have a wonderful family and friends, make sure you cherish your time with them, instead of obsessing over the past!" Rarity tossed her mane before trotting through the doorway.

"Cheerilee, from the moment you got sucked into that book, you've had things happen to you, instead of making them happen." Twilight told her, as she trotted into the light. "Take control of your own life, instead of having others make decisions for you."

With that, the golden door swung shut, and vanished back into the mountainside... never to reappear again.

“Wow, Cheerilee! Your plan worked like a charm!” Locket commented admiringly, as the group trotted back towards Dream Castle. “We never would have stopped those fiends from getting the elements, if it weren’t for you!”

“That’s very nice of you, miss Locket, but I really wasn’t much of a help!” Cheerilee replied, smiling. “Why, I didn’t even help in the fight against Azoutohil and his lackeys.”

“You don’t have to be zee vighter to be of aid, Darlink.” Gypsy reassured her. “It vas your planning zat brought zee harmony vearers to our aid!”

“Miss Cheerilee? I’m so sorry I treated you so terribly in your class. “Baby North Star whinnied guiltily, looking at the ground. “I promise to be a better student from now on!”

"Indeed, you did well, my love." Wigwam nuzzled her. "I am very proud of your quick and clever thinking!"

"Thank you, all of you." Cheerilee smiled, as they all trotted down the road together. "Now let's go home, everypony!"