• Published 5th Jan 2012
  • 2,535 Views, 86 Comments

Classroom of the future - Paradise Oasis



For Cheerilee, future shock has a whole new meaning...

  • ...
4
 86
 2,535

Investigation and condemnation

investigation and condemnation

"...and so these stallions and mares, who join the this organization devoted to the great horsemaster, have their manes magically change rainbow colors as a sign of their devotion and faith." The little filly looked away from the chalkboard, and towards the class as she finished. "Their sparkling cutie marks serve as a shining example to all the ponies of Ponyland!"

"Thank you very much, Confetti, that was a wonderful report on the holy order of the Rainbow Ponies." Cheerilee smiled, as the young filly returned to her seat. "And I'd also like to thank Sunlight, Moonstone, and Parasol- the current heads of the rainbow order- for their help to Confetti in researching the rainbow ponies!"

The students in the class clapped their hooves together in applause, before Cheerilee motioned for them to quiet down.

"Now before we go on to our next report, I'd like you all to meet our newest student, Clever Ruse! She's a transfer filly in from Fort Rainbow Dash, and she doesn't know anypony here yet. so I want you to all make her feel welcome!"

The new little filly, a red Pegasus with gemstone eyes, trotted up in front of the class, and smiled shyly. "Nice to meet you all." She said timidly, as the class erupted in a flurry of welcomes and hellos. The little mare quickly took her seat, as the teacher turned her attention back to the rest of the class.

"Now, our next report will be from Buttersctoch, on the customs and traditions of Grundle holidays..."

As the next report started, none of the other students noticed the serious look in the new student's eyes, as she studied her new teacher with a fierce scrutiny...

...

"Wigwam! Quackers! I'm home!" Cherrilee announced, as she trotted in. The old stallion looked up from his book and smiled, while the little yellow filly came running, and great big grin on her happy face.

"Miss Cheeriwiwee! Sho gwad you bak -QUACK!- We shure happy to she you! -QUACK!-"

"Hello, dearest!" Wigwam trotted up, and nuzzled his wife. "I trust you had a good day in class today?"

"Actually, it was rather tiring." The pink mare replied with a sigh. "I have a new student in class, who seemed to want to ask me everything about everything over the past week!" Cheerilee collapsed back into a chair. "Where I was from, how I got here, why I became a teacher... I'm all for eager young students asking questions, but she was getting a little too personal!"

"Rewiwe? -QUACK!-" Quackers asked in disbelief. "Dhat doshesn't shound like any fiwwy I know -QUACK!-"

"That does sound awful though." The buffalo pony nuzzled his wife. "You've been through a lot today... I know! Why don't we go eat supper at the Satin Slipper? You deserve a a day off cooking dinner!"

"That sounds really wonderful, Wigwam!" The pink earth pony replied with a smile. "I could use one of Scoop's veggie burgers with cheese right about now!"

....

Clever Ruse watched the pony couple and thier daughter leave the apartment, and trot down towards the Satin Slipper. Following discreetly, the filly managed to stay out of sight, while staying close enough to hear what was going on.

The three ponies walked into though the turnstile, and sat down at one of the booths near the door. Sitting at a table on the opposite side of the room, the student literally made herself invisible to all the ponies present.

"Miss Cheeriwiwee, -QUACK!- may I order teh hot fudge sunde, pweese?" Quackers asked, looking at the menu.

"Of course, little one." Cheerilee replied. "Though make sure you eat a healthy meal first!"

As the three ponies looked over their menus, a pony-sized shape walked up to the table. Thinking it was scoops coming to take their order, Cheerilee spoke without looking up from her menu.

"I'd like the veggie burger with light mayo, with a side of hay fries." She told the figure standing there. "Oh, and a tall glass of cider, too!"

"I'd get ya the stuff ya asked for, Cheerilee." A draconic voice rasped out. "But I don't think you'd like how I'd make it."

Upon hearing that voice, the pink earth pony nearly dropped her menu in shock. "S-spike?!? Is that you?"

"In the scales, so to speak!" The small purple dragon replied with a laugh. "When Wigwam and AJ told you were alive, I just had to pay for a visit!"

"Shpike! -QUACK!- Ish good to she you! How is you doing? -QUACK!-" The little filly beamed at the sight of the dragon.

"Oh, I'm fine, Quackers!" Spike replied. "How are your baby ducks coming along?"

Cheerilee turned to Wigwam. "You knew he was going to be here, didn't you?" The teacher cracked a small grin. "That's why you suggested we come to eat here, isn't it?"

"He and I set this as a surprise for you, in order to cheer you up." Her husband replied sheepishly. "Now, you two can get caught up, and reminisce about Equestria!"

Wigwam motioned for Quackers to follow him, and the two trotted up to the counter to eat. Cheerilee then turned to Spike.

"This is so amazing to see you again, Spike!" Cheerilee exclaimed, smiling. "How have you been over the last... er... Millenium?"

"Oh, you wouldn't believe it!" The dragon replied with a laugh. "Slept for two centuries, woke up in a Ponyville amusement park filled with crazy mares, enslaved by the dark lord Tirek- same old, same old."

"Oh my gosh! It sounds like you been through a lot!" Cheerilee shook her mane. "All I've been doing over the past millennium, apparently, is slumbering in the pages of a book."

"Yeah, I heard how Glory accidentally set you free." Spike replied. "We always wondered what had happened to you, Cheerilee!"

"I wouldn't have left if I'd had a choice, Spike." The teacher's ears drooped. "I miss all my students, and all my friends, as well."

"I know Twilight sure missed talking to you, there was no other pony in town who could keep up with her intellectual conversations." Spike mused. "The the former cutie mark crusaders never stopped looking for you after you vanished."

"Those wonderful girls." Cheerilee replied with a sigh. "Tell me Spike, how did those three ever turn out?"

"Well, Apple Bloom took over Sweet Apple Acres after Big Mac died. Sweetie Bell spent many years touring as a singer- you remember that voice of hers- and later married Pip, that colt who moved to Ponyville from Trottingham." The dragon looked thoughtful. "As to Scootaloo, she joined the wonderbolts, and eventually replaced her heroine Rainbow Dash as the group's leader."

"Wow, sounds like they really made lives for themselves after I was gone." Cheerilee replied with a sigh. "Spike, tell me... what ever happened to Big Mac? Did he ever find happiness?"

"He married Junebug, and they had seven or eight kids." Spike nodded "One of Them went on to be the teacher at your school when she grew up."

"Good, I'm glad." The pink earth pony whinnied. "I can't tell you how good it is to see you again, Spike!"

"It's great to see you again too, Cheerilee!" The small dragon replied. "Hey, You know I still have that hat you gave me for my first birthday in Ponyville? Twilight cast a preservation spell on it for me!"

"Hat? Birthday Present?" Cheerilee asked, confused. "Spike, I don't know what you're talking about!"

At those words escaped from the teacher's mouth, the invisible Clever Ruse narrowed her eyes at the confused mare. Leaving the Satin Slipper, the little filly made her way back towards Queen Majesty's throne room...

...

"How was I supposed to remember that present I gave to him?" Cheerliee asked, as she and family trotted out of the Satin Slipper. "I bought that white hat as a joke when I got my groceries that day! I had forgotten all about it, especially given the fact Spike grew large and rampaged through Ponyville a few days later!"

"Spike still seemed bothered that you didn't remember the hat." Wigwam commented. "Not that I think it's really that big of a deal, dearest!"

"Maybeh he jusht mad you not rwemeber shomting important to him, Miss Cheeriwiwee. -QUACK!-" Quackers added, trying to be helpful. "My mommy alwaysh ferget meh berfday -QUACK!-"

Her two adopted parents looked at Quackers worriedly, and both made a mental note to not forget their little jewel's birthday when it came up.

It was when they were making their way back to the castle, however, that Glory stepped out across the drawbridge, a sad look on her face.

"Why Glory, what's wrong?" Cheerilee asked, trotting up to the white unicorn in concern. "Has something happened?"

"I just got back from a meeting of Queen Majesty's Privy council." Glory replied, shaking her mane. "We were talking about you, and your duties as Dream Castle's schoolteacher."

"What has happened?" Cheerilee asked, her mind suddenly flying into a state of panic. "What did the council decide to do?"

Glory shook her head. "I'm sorry, Cheerilee... but I'm afraid you will not be teaching your class again until further notice."

All three of the ponies present looked at Glory in disbelieving shock. "What!!! Why?!?"

"The Queen's agents are investigating several allegations of moral misconduct on your part." The white unicorn looked away. "Until we can all sort this matter out, the Queen believes it best that you refrain from working with the castle youth!"

"What? Yeh can't doo that to Mish Cheerwiwiwee!-QUACK!-" Quackers whinnied in anger. "She too nice teh doo ahynfing bahd like dhat. -Quack!-"

"What!?! This is an OUTRAGE!" Wigwam snorted angrily. "I cannot believe this! I demand to speak with the queen at once!"

"I'm afraid that's not possible." Lady Moondancer came trotting up, staring the teacher pony down. "You're not going anywhere near the council until we decide what to do with you...and if I have my way, you and your indecency will be expunged from Dream Castle forever!"

"Moondancer! So you're behind all this!" Wigwam snorted angrily. "I don't know what you're game is this time, you old nag, but I'm not letting you take my wife's future away from her!"

"Keep your place, stallion!" Moondancer snapped back. "This is a discussion between mares!"

As Glory and Moondancer proceeded to argue, Cheerilee just stood there, stunned. Her life, which had finally just gotten stable again, was once again torn out from under her. "My students... what about my students?"

"As of tomorrow, Sundance shall resume her duties teaching the class."

The teacher slipped down to her knees, tears welling up in her eyes. "Please... please don't do this..."

As Quackers moved to nuzzle the distraught teacher, Wigwam stared the arrogant council mare down.

"I'll be taking my wife and daughter out west with me, while you continue these ridiculous deliberations!" The stallion growled angrily, trotting over to Cheerilee and Quackers. "I'll not be subjecting them to the council's scrutiny!"

As Wigwam led the three of them out, Glory glared at the other unicorn. "I hope your accusations have some truth behind them, Moondancer. Because you are causing far more grief than you can possibly imagine!"