• Published 5th Jan 2012
  • 2,534 Views, 86 Comments

Classroom of the future - Paradise Oasis



For Cheerilee, future shock has a whole new meaning...

  • ...
4
 86
 2,534

School bells, wedding bells

School bells, wedding bells

The Swift Mare soon returned to port in Dream Valley, and word soon swiftly spread amongst the castle's population about the events that had transpired during the school trip. Every Pony in the small kingdom, who had not been wondering and speculating about this ancient teacher- were doing so now. Who was this mysterious mare, who had so easily stolen the heart of one of Dream Castle's most elusive bachelors? The lack of any concrete information, served only to fuel the fires of speculation!

"Can you believe it, Megan?" Sundance asked her young charge excitedly, as the two were strolling down a castle corridor. "Another pony couple in the castle will be getting married soon! It seems only yesterday that we had the last wedding here!"

"But Sundance, they've only met a few weeks ago!" Megan asked, confused. "How can they get married, when they barely know each other?"

"They've known each other long enough." Sundance commented, curious now. "Why, how long does it take human couples to fall in love?"

"Well, my mom and dad told me they dated for a year before they got engaged." The human girl replied.

"It took your father that long to propose? It's a wonder your mother had the patience to wait." Sundance merely shook her head. "I'll never understand why it takes so long for humans to do anything!"

...

"Oh dear! I can't believe I slept in this morning!" The pink earth pony teacher panicked. "If I don't hurry, I'm going to be the one late to class!

Cheerilee was on her way back to her classroom, in a panic over the fact that she had slept in on her first day back. Glory stepped out in her path, causing the mare to skid to a stop.

"Cheerilee! I was hoping to run into you!" The white unicorn exclaimed. "I heard you had an... interesting trip."

"Glory, so nice to see you!" The teacher replied quickly. " I'd love to talk to you, but I really need to get to class right now!"

"This will only take a moment." Glory replied. "I just wanted to let you know that Quackers will not be coming back to your class."

"Well that's... wait, what?" Cheerilee asked in shock. "I had heard she had recovered, what's the problem?"

"I simply can't take care of her, Cheerilee... I've already got my hooves full." The white unicorn replied. "I'm sending her away to live with our relatives in Rainbow Valley."

The pink mare thought for a moment, then blurted out. "I'll do it. I'll take care of her."

"Wait, are you sure?" Glory asked, her eyes going wide in surprise. "You and Wigwam are a new couple, just starting out..."

"I'll talk with Wigwam about it, but I don't think there should be a problem." Cheerilee assured her. "Let me know when you can make the arrangements."


"Thank you so much for this, Cheerilee." Glory replied gratefully. "I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate this!"

"It's nothing, that little filly needs a loving home." The teacher sighed. "But right now, I really need to get to class."

"Understood, my friend." Glory shook her mane. "I will talk to you later, then."

The pink mare nodded, then trotted confidently on towards her classroom.

"Good morning class... sorry that I am late!" She said confidently, going into teacher mode. " If you will all please hand in your essays on our trip, I will be sure to get those back to you as quickly as possible, all right?"

As she took their papers, the pink teacher noticed that one particular Pegasus filly was missing from her seat.

"Say, has anypony seen Baby North Star?" Cheerilee asked the rest of the class. Baby Glory put her hoof up.

"I think she out with the trots, Miss Cheerilee." The unicorn filly shook her mane. "She told me she ran into something rotten on the trip, and didn't feel like coming to class today."

...

Having just recently gotten her daughter off to the school for the day, Moondancer was making lunch when she heard the knock on her door.

"Just a minute." She called out. Turning off the oven, she trotted over, and opened the door. There stood the diminutive form of Baby North Star. She had a smile on her face, and was holding some kind of folder in her mouth.

"Why hello there, young lady!" Moondancer said, as the arrogant young filly trotted right in. "Not that I don't appreciate the visit, but shouldn't you be in class at this hour?"

"Oh, I would most certainly love to be there, Lady Moondancer." Baby Moondancer replied suavely. "But I have something here I just knew you just had to see."

One of the ladies in waiting to Queen Majesty, Lady Moondancer's voice carried a great deal of weight at court. She often used that clout to weed out what she saw as 'corrupting influences' at the royal court, that could be detrimental to her Second only in influence to Twilight Shine, there were few mares in the palace who would dare cross the unicorn blowhard.

"Very well." She sighed, levitating the folder in front of her. "Let's take a look at what you have here."

At first, the white unicorn with the red mane only feigned interest in the folder. But as she opened it and looked at the photos inside, Moondancer's eyes went as wide as dinner plates.

"My stars! Is- is that Cheerilee crying in a pit?" The unicorn mare asked incredulously. "Is that her lying on top of ambassador Wigwam on a chair?" Her whinny rose to a shrill pitch. "IS THAT YOUR TEACHER IN AN EROTIC SCULPTURE?!?"

"Blimey, I just knew you'd want to rid Dream Castle of this moral corruption." Baby North Star told her. "So I brought you these souvenirs from our trip as, soon as I was able!"

"Young lady, you did the right thing!" Moondancer narrowed her eyes. "I'm going to make sure this unscrupulous harlot is removed from her teaching duties as soon as possible!"

As the scandalized unicorn mare ranted and raved about 'indecency' and scandal', the filly delinquent smiled at how well Moondancer had taken to the photos her new partner had conjured up. Now, all she had to do was sit back, and watch the fireworks...
...

"Ugh!" Cheerilee groaned unhappily. "No offense ladies.... but this dress feels too tight!"

Buttons and Bow Tie were fitting her with her wedding dress, trying to pull it tight enough to fit, but not so tight it pulled hard against her flank. For them it was an experience most annoying... but for the earth pony teacher, it was an experience most painful.

"I'm sorry, Cheerilee!" Bow Tie froaned, loosening one of the ties in the dress's back. "But since we lost the castle dressmaker, buttons and I are the next best things in Dream Valley."

"And we're trying our best here." Buttons continued, pulling another lace tight. "It's not often we have to make an old fashioned dress from scratch. Most mares have us modify the dresses they order from Bright Valley!"

"I know girls, and I'm really sorry about that!" Cheerilee apologized to them. "But I wanted an old fashioned Equestrian wedding dress for my special day."

"Myself, I think it looks lovely." Wigwam told her, trotting into the room. "That dress is matched only in beauty by the lovely mare wearing it."

"Wigwam! You shouldn't see my in my wedding-" Cheerilee snorted. "Oh, hang silly old pony superstitions! How do I look, Wiggy?"

"Like an angel that stepped out of heaven." He told her, nuzzling the mare he loved. "Now, I was told there was something you wanted to see me about?"

"Yes, about Baby Quackers..." Cheerilee clopped her front hooves together nervously. "She has nowhere to go... and I-I was kind of was wondering if we could... maybe..."

Wigwam thought for a moment, then slowly began to nod. "I was thinking we should start a family early, and I could not stand to see the little one separated from her friends."

Cheerilee's eyes went wide, then she threw her hooves around her beloved's neck. "Oh, thank you so much, Wigwam!"

"How Romantic!" Buttons and Bow Tie sighed, as they watched the couple embrace each other.

...

It was as evening fell, that the throne room at Dream Castle was lit by a thousand candles, The few dozen ponies that had gathered there were dressed in their finest ponywear. The queen sat silently on her throne, fully clad in her royal regalia, while the groom was clad in a tux jacket and feather headdress. They all waited anxiously, as the bridal march began to play.

The bride came trotting down the aisle, wearing a beautiful gown of the purest white. On her sides were Applejack, Glory, and Bow Tie- her three bride's maids, while Baby Poesy served as her flower girl. The bride noticed most of the ponies present were friends of her stallion- most of her friends and family were dead and gone. But the few Ponies she did know there, such as the smiling Sweet Stuff, made this solemn occasion all the more bearable.

As she arrived at the base of the throne, the groom lifted her veil. The stallion stood transfixed at the sight... even though it was a face he had looked into so many times before. The two ponies smiled at each other, as the queen began to speak. Neither of them heard the words she uttered, so lost in each others eyes were they. But as she approached the proper part of her speech, both bride and groom spoke the words their words straight from their hearts.

"I do."

"I do."

"Then by the power invested in me, by the great horsemaster. I now pronounce you Stallion and wife!"

As the assembled ponies stamped thier hooves and cheered, Cheerilee and Wigwam kissed the kiss of true love.
...


"Tvilight, you wanted to zee me, darlink?"

Gypsy trotted into Twilight Shine's lab, looking around at all the scattered notes and opened spell books. The white unicorn shook her mane, amazed that Dream Valley's greatest mage was also it's most disorganized.

"Ah, yes, please come in." Twilight replied, finally looking up and seeing the other unicorn. "I was just doing some research on this whole Cheerilee situation, and I think I know how our time-lost earth mare actually got here."

"Und how iz zhat, darlink?" Gypsy asked curiously. "Az a vellow magic user, I vould love to hear your personal zheroy on how she got here."

"Tell me Gypsy... have you heard of the land of Legends?" The pink unicorn asked. "The magical realm, sealed beyond the golden door?"

"Jez, it iz a dimension vhere fantasy becomes reality." Gypsy replied. "Vhere zee fairy tales characters from fiction und literature come to life."

"Yes, the Paradise Estate Ponies had a run in with several of the legendary figures that came through the door a few years back." Twilight continued, flipping through the pages of a book of enchantments."They released a residual energy, that I was able to detect after that."

"Zo?" Gypsy asked. "Vhat does zat haf to do vith..."

"Gypsy, I did some research into the historical Cheerilee, and found out she did write a book about cutie marks and special talents later in life." Twilight Shine's ears drooped. "One in which she used herself as a character, to illustrate how teachers can talk to their students about cutie mark and special talent issues."

Gypsy's eyes went wide in shock. "Vait, you don't zink Cheerilee is a..."

"I've detected that same magic, coming from the books North Star and Wind Whistler brought back from the Canterlot ruins. books like the one our Cheerilee came out of."

Gypsy shook her mane. "Tvilight, vhat are ve going to do?"

"For now, nothing. I don't want to ruin her and Wigwam's happiness, because of my stupid speculation." Twilight closed her eyes. "Besides, no harm has come out of Cheerilee being here so far..."