• Published 23rd Oct 2012
  • 2,730 Views, 35 Comments

The Price of Loyalty - Silentpegasus



Rainbow Dash is having nighmares. But they're only dreams....... right?

  • ...
5
 35
 2,730

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

As Rainbow Dash looked out the window, deep in thought she didn’t notice that her friends were looking at her.

“Hey what’s wrong with Rainbow dash?” asked Fluttershy in her usual timid voice.

“Ah don’t know sugar cube, but it must be something must be bugging her, she hasn’t said a word since we boarded the train.” said Applejack while scratching the back of her mane.

“It is rather odd to see her like this.” Rarity commented with a bit of worry in her voice.

“She’s probably just nervous about seeing the princess’s.” Pinkie pie said with a big grin on her face.

“But she’s met Princess Celestia and Luna before, it doesn’t make sense that she would be nervous about that.” Twilight interjected.

“Well if it isn’t that then what could be bothering her this much?” Pinkie pie asked.

“I don’t know Pinkie, but I think we should find out.” Twilight said. “I’m gonna go over and talk to her for a bit maybe figure out if there’s something wrong.” Twilight said with a smile. Twilight then got up and moved next to Rainbow Dash’s seat.

“Hey Rainbow dash, whats up?” Twilight asked her winged friend. Rainbow not noticing that her friend had moved to sit next to her gave a little jump at the response.

“Gahhh” shouted Rainbow almost flying right out of her seat.

“Rainbow are you okay?” Twilight asked her with concern in her eyes.

“Yeah, of coarse I am Twi.” Rainbow dash said trying to regain her composure.”I mean why wouldn’t I be?”

“It’s just that you seem to be acting a little bit strange.” Twilight said trying to calm her flustered friend. “I mean you’ve barely said a word since we got on the train.”

“Well I’ve just been enjoying the scenery that’s all Twilight.” Rainbow dash said with a reassuring grin on her face. As Twilight looked her cyan friend over she couldn’t help but suspect that Rainbow was hiding something.

“Okay..... If your sure.” Twilight said, returning to the others.

“Well what did she say?” asked Applejack.

“She said that she was enjoying that scenery.” Twilight said while making quotation signs with her front hooves.

“Since when has Rainbow cared about the landscape?” Rarity asked while raising an eyebrow.

“Ah don’t know sugar cube, but maybe we shouldn’t ask her about it again just yet. Looks like she’s taking a nap.” Applejack said while pointing with her hoof to the pegasus asleep in the opposite row.

“Well, okay maybe she’ll be more inclined to talk when we get to Canterlot.” Twilight said in a hopeful voice. As Rainbow dash’s friends talked and gossip’d about recent events, Rainbow was fast asleep, but in an all too familiar dream.


“WHAT DO YOU WANT?” Screamed Rainbow dash as she encountered the same stallion that terrorized her dream the night before.

“Still don’t have an answer do we?” The stallion said with an unimpressed look in his eye. This time rainbow wasn’t going to be as nice as she was with her last encounter with the stranger, as she got into position to perform her Buckineer blaze against the stranger, she found that she could no longer move.

“Wha- What’s going on?” Rainbow exclaimed with panic in her eyes.

“You are now unable to move, I figured that this time I take precautions so that we may be able to speak with one another.” The stallion said coldly.

“I told you I don’y have an answer, psycho. NOW LET ME GO!!!!!” Rainbow screamed as she struggled to get free of the invisible force that was holding her hooves planted to the ground.

“Oh no, I am not leaving without an answer this time Miss Dash, you will answer the question whether you want to or not.” The angered pegasus said as he drew a jagged dagger out from under the cloak he wore. As he galloped towards rainbow dash with alarming speed, Rainbow dash just stood there stunned as the stranger rammed the blade right in the middle of her chest. At that moment rainbow’s scream finally left her lips.

“AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH STOP, PLEASE STOP.” she yelled as the stranger removed the blade from her body.

“I’ll stop when you answer the question!!” he bellowed with anger in his voice. “SOME-PONY, ANY-PONY HELP ME!!!” Rainbow screamed in utter agony.

“Rainbow......ake.........up.” said a faint voice

“Hang on.........ugar cu.......be” said another.


“Dash.....ie please .....wake up” said the third. The voices managed to pierce the horrors of the nightmare.

“Twi? AJ? Pinkie?” Rainbow said as the dream began to collapse. As she awoke from her dream and found herself on the floor of the train car, she saw the faces of her five best friends all sick with worry and tears streaming down their faces.