• Published 23rd Oct 2012
  • 2,730 Views, 35 Comments

The Price of Loyalty - Silentpegasus



Rainbow Dash is having nighmares. But they're only dreams....... right?

  • ...
5
 35
 2,730

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

“Dashie are you okay?” the pink mare said as she brought her friend in for a hug.

“Yeah, ladies I’m fine.......really.” They didn’t buy it, in her current state Rainbow was a worse lier than Applejack.

“No your not Rainbow.” Twilight exclaimed with worry in her voice.

“It was just a bad dream Twilight, take it easy.”

“NO!! Rainbow that didn’t seem like a normal dream to me.” Twilight said.

“Yes darling you had us really worried.” Rarity said wiping the tears from her eyes.

“Yeah, RD talking in yer sleep is one thing but screaming like your dying just ain’t normal.” Applejack exclaimed while comforting Fluttershy who had retreated to the back corner of the train car.

“Like I said I’m fine!!” Rainbow shouted.

“NO, YOU’RE NOT.” Twilight yelled with tears rolling down her cheek.

“That was more than just a dream, It was a full blown nightmare and nightmares like that just don’t go away they get worse and worse until It completely destroys the dreamers sanity.”

“please ...........stop ......fighting.....”

“Oh ya? Well how would you know Little Ms. Bookworm?” Rainbow yelled in anger.

“Please..... stop....”

“Oh, Typical Rainbow dash to stubborn to see that she needs help.” Twilight said with spite in her voice.

“Just ........stop.....please”

“Oh, so That’s how it is huh? Well if you want to go I’ll take you right here and now Lil miss Magic!!” Rainbow said getting ready to tackle Twilight.

“Bring It on Rainbow Crash.” Twilight yelled as her horn began to glow with magical aura.

“I .........SAID.......... STOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!!” Fluttershy yelled in anger and with tears in her eyes as she stared at both of her best friends. Twilight and Rainbow dash were frozen in shock either the fact that their timid friend had raised her voice at them for the first time since they knew her or the fact that Fluttershy was using “The Stare” on them.

“Now calm down there sugar cube.” Applejack said trying to calm the yellow pegasus down. As she did Fluttershy started to tear up again crying into Applejack’s shoulder.

“Now look at what you two have done, you’ve upset poor Fluttershy.” Rarity said while trotting past Twilight and Rainbow dash to go comfort her friend. At this statement Twilights magic began to recede back within her horn.

“Look Rainbow I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to say those things. It’s just that we care about you, we just want to help you.” Rainbow now relaxing her position

“ I’m sorry too Twilight, I just don’t know what got into me. Still friends?” Dash said with a sad look on her face.

“Best friends.” Twilight said taking her cyan colored friend in for a hug. The two now trotted over to where Rarity and Applejack were comforting Fluttershy.

“Fluttershy.” Dash said.

“I’m so sorry girls I.....I.......didn’t mean to use “The Stare” on you I just panicked and it just slipped out.” Fluttershy said while fighting through her tears.

“Fluttershy If any-pony should apologize It’s us Rainbow and I just got carried away.” Twilight said trying to reassure her flustered friend.

“Yeah, what Twilight said. You were just being the smart one and stopped us before one of us got hurt.” Rainbow said bending over to make eye contact with her fellow pegasus. Fluttershy hearing these words began to wipe the tears away and began to hug her two best friends.

As Rainbow backed away from the hug she breathed a sigh of relief.

“Canterlot is only five minutes away.” The conductor announced over the intercom. Rainbow dash looked back at her friends as her stomach growled.

“Look girls, we’er almost there and I’m really starving, how about I’ll tell you about it at lunch Okay?” Rainbow said with a sheepish smile on her face.

“That sounds fair.” Applejack said while looking at the other four ponies with a questioning look.

“Fine by me.....only if you want to ...I mean.” Fluttershy said now back to her old self.

“We’ll have something to talk about at lunch, how grand.” Rarity said regaining her composure.

“Well, story time usually comes after food time and before nap time. Ohhhh and then comes Food/Nap/Story time, that is my favorite time of them all.” Pinkie said with a huge grin on her face. The others didn’t even try to make sense of what their pink friend just said.

“Um never mind her Rainbow, Lunch time would be perfect to tell us about your dream and I’m pretty sure the princess could offer good advice.” Twilight said with a reassuring smile on her face.

“Last Stop Canterlot!” The conductor announced. Soon the six friends departed the train happily and proceeded to the castle. As rainbow dash exited the train she couldn’t shake this feeling of dread.