• Published 23rd Oct 2012
  • 2,727 Views, 35 Comments

The Price of Loyalty - Silentpegasus



Rainbow Dash is having nighmares. But they're only dreams....... right?

  • ...
5
 35
 2,727

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The room became quiet, until Rainbow broke the seemingly never ending silence

“You know who it is? Who? Tell me!” Rainbow dash said with astonishment.

“I can’t be sure, but I have an idea on how to confirm it.”

“How?”

“You will fall asleep and I will enter your dream and see this stranger for myself.” Celestia said with a flat tone. Rainbow sat there dumbfounded at what the princess had just said.

“You WANT me to have that nightmare again?” She said with a hint of anger.

“Rainbow dash I understand you being uncomfortable with this idea but it is the only way to see if it is a great of threat as I fear.” The sun goddess said with pleading look in her eye.

“Don’t worry when I exit the dream I will bring you with me. We will be in and out before you know it.”

Hearing these new facts Rainbow, struggling to make a decision. Either A.) Keep having these nightmares or B.) Let Princess Celestia go inside her head, literally.

“Okay princess lets do it.” She said with a concerned look.

“Don’t worry Dashie, we’ll be right next to you the whole time.” Pinkie said with a reassuring grin.

“You mean it?” Rainbow looked up at her friends.

“Of course Rainbow, what are friends for?” Twilight said smiling at her friend.

“And we shall be there as well.” Princess Luna said. “While my sister inhabits your dream I will remain in the physical world if things get out of hoof.” Rainbow now looking confused,

“Wait How is Luna supposed to help if she’s out here?” Rainbow asked the sun goddess.

“My sister will act as an anchor to this world, so when the spell wears off we will have a way out back into the real world.”

Applejack now spoke up.

“Wait, how is this spell supposed to work anyhow?” Celestia now turning her gaze to the orange mare.

“It allows the caster’s conscious to enter another pony’s dreams. However I can only be present in your mind for a short amount of time.” She said turning back to rainbow dash.

“So will I be able to see you in the dream?” Rainbow said nervously.

“Not the entire time, you will only see me when we decide to leave the dream.” Celestia said.

“Like if you two were reading the same book, at the same time.” Twilight explained.

“Oh, I get it now.” Rainbow exclaimed.

“Good analogy Twilight Sparkle” The blue princess said.

“Very well then should we get started?” Asked the white princess. “Rainbow took a deep breath.

“Yeah, lets do this.” Rainbow yelled hyping herself up for what will probably be a very weird experience. As the six friends high-hoofed they each let out a different chant.

“YEEHAW”

“Woo-hoo”

“Okie-Dokie Loki.”

“Hooray”

“Ok girls lets do this.”

“HUZZAH!!!!” Exclaimed Luna using her traditional canterlot voice. The force from the shout sent the six ponied flying back against the wall. “Oops, my apologies every pony I am still getting used to modern equestrian.” The night princess said while making a sheepish grin.

“Its fine princess I need all the encouragement I can get.” Rainbow said regaining her balance. The sun goddess stepped forward helping Twilight to her hooves.

“It will take some time for me to prepare the spell, I suggest you try and relax until it is ready, maybe take a stroll around Canterlot.” She suggested with a warm smile.

“Thank you for helping me princess.” Rainbow said giving the two sisters a bow.

“Anything we can do to help our subjects is no burden to us.” Luna said.

“Then it’s settled, I will send Twilight a message when Luna and I have prepared the spell.” Celestia said with a smile.

“But princess, how will that work. You usually send your letters through Spike and he’s back in Ponyville.” Twilight said with a quizzical look on her face.

“Oh, my faithful student I can send you messages through magic, I just send them to Spike because it is a little bit easier to lock onto a dragon rather than a unicorn; being that there are not that many dragons in Ponyville.” Celestia said with a grin.

“Oh, I guess that makes sense. Okay princess we will wait for your message and return to the castle.” Twilight said as she and her five friends left the dinning hall.

As soon as Celestia made sure that her student and company were out of earshot, her grin had changed into a face of despair as she slumped to the floor.

“Sister what troubles you?” asked Luna trying to comfort her.

“Oh, Luna I fear the worst for Rainbow dash. If I am not able to help her than there will be nothing any pony can to save her.” Luna now backing away with confusion.

“Save her? Tia, it only sounds like a bad dream and we are the princess’s of Equestria there isn’t anything we can’t do when we work together.” Luna said with a reassuring look in her eye.

“I wish I shared your optimism little sister, because if we can’t, then there is only one other thing I can think of to save our friend.” Celestia said as a single tear rolled down her cheek.