• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 7,850 Views, 372 Comments

Meet the Team: Pony Fortress 2 - The Usurper



Now with its MvM-based sequel, Pony Fortress 2: A Worthy Cause. Meet the mercenaries from Team Fortress 2 - except this time, these ones aren't the ones from Earth. This isn't the same situation as Earth either. Heck, they aren't even

  • ...
22
 372
 7,850

Author's Notes

Recently, I was watching the Meet the Team videos from Team Fortress 2, and I got an idea. That idea was to ponify all of those videos, putting the characters from My Little Pony Friendship is Magic into the shoes of the mercenaries.

Of course, these ponifications won't be exactly the same as the videos themselves. A conversion from a video to a story requires many changes, but the stories should convey more-or-less the same message as the videos themselves keep your fingers crossed. Also, the characteristics of the separate characters should be a kind of combination of the Equestrian and the original mercenary, although it will probably consist mostly of the Equestrian's characteristics.

Also, the mechanics of this world function the same way as TF2's: i.e. respawn points, what pretty much amounts to 'clones' of mercenaries on both teams (eg you've got a Sniper for RED and an identical Sniper for BLU) and so on and so forth. Don't get confused if you run into any of that. If you are confused, though, feel free to drop a comment below so I can pick it up and rectify it.

Finally, this story ignores any physical changes to the characters that occurred after the end of Season 2. Significant alterations, such as Twilight's alicornism, (that's really it, actually) will be addressed in the upcoming canon resolution chapter.

Okay, author's rant over. On to the stories!

(Final note: Most other non-essential Author's Notes are now in the chapter Compilation of Cross-Chapter Author's Notes because I needed to move them somewhere else other than in the chapters themselves.)