• Published 17th Oct 2012
  • 10,373 Views, 572 Comments

Turning Point - ZachTheBrony



A God of War and Pony crossover. Oh geez...

  • ...
43
 572
 10,373

Chapter 9

... but it never did.

Twilight opened her eyes, and looked around, tears running down her cheeks as her legs shook. Her head was wracked with a headache, her body and soul shaken like an eight on the Richter Scale. Kratos was nowhere to be seen, like he had disappeared out of thin air. Twilight fell to the ground, and started to silently weep. She wasn't in the condition to speak, or listen. She was terrified like a filly, as though she woke up from a nightmare. Twilight covered her eyes, and ignored the faint hoofsteps on the cobblestone road.

"Twilight, what's wrong!?" A familiar voice asked her. The mare's voice sounded tired, but very concerned and alert. "Twilight!"

Twilight's sobs grew in volume, but were muffled as though a suppressor had been placed over her mouth as she cried into her hooves. She could almost feel the blades ripping and tearing her apart like table-saw blades, shredding her hope, her dreams, and the friends she once knew to death. Only now had Twilight realized that Kratos was right. She shouldn't have done what she did- take his weapons. Regret filled her mind, and she shook violently with the plague of fear, which was striking at her heart with ruthless abandon, even as her friend hugged her.

"Are you alright?!" Asked the rainbow-maned mare with grave concern, as though she knew something terrible had happened.

If only Twilight hadn't been choking on her own sobs, what she said would come out much more clear. "K-*gasp*K-*cough*Kr-Kr-*sniff, hiccup!*-atos is a-a-a monst-monster!..."

"What did he do to you, Twilight?!"

"H-he..."

- - - -

Kratos was watching this unfold from the top of a building. He had run away when Twilight wasn't looking. Why hadn't he tore into her? Because he knew that it wouldn't do him any good, seeing as how Celestia was deeply connected to her. It was only one word that came to mind that prevented him from killing her; reputation. If he had killed Twilight, that would more than likely result in Celestia, who was probably the only pony on this world whose assumed magical prowess could return him back to Olympus, becoming hostile towards him.

And the last thing he needed was a war breaking out in a world he's a foreigner in.

Now, he knew of this 'Princess Celestia', because he 'met' her himself.

He looked around the night air, spotting a castle-like structure in the distance.

Which inconveniently, was on the side of a mountain.

Kratos groaned to himself, and quickly slid off of the roof, and undetected, he sneaked out of Ponyville. He looked blankly at the mountainside city as he stood in a field, thinking, 'That fortress is at least a couple hundred miles away... without taking the mountain climbing into consideration... there's a forest to the East, looks like it could serve as a detour. There's a building... looks like it has tracks that lead up the mountain. If I walked along them enough I could reach the city by dusk tomorrow... hmm. By the looks of the castle, it might be home to that royal annoyance... best to try my luck.' Then, he began his long trek along the train tracks. As he reached the 20-mile point, the sun rose up in the sky. Had he really been walking for that long? And a better question to ask was, how was he coping with his leg? But nobody was around to talk to. Nor did Kratos care as he walked along the old tracks.

He heard a faint rumbling behind him, like a stampede of centaurs. He turned around, and saw a colorful train coming towards him. Kratos got an idea once he saw the cars of the strange vehicle. 'Might as well make convenience of this...' He thought, before stepping back once to ensure the vehicle wouldn't collide with him. Taking one blade by the chain, and spinning it, he timed it flawlessly as he threw his chain-blade like a javelin at the train, piercing the metal of one car like paper. Luckily, there weren't any passengers in the car he just vandalized, because it was a storage car. Kratos swiftly repeated the process with his other blade before the train went on too far, and jumped with a groan, pulled himself forward, and with momentum, jumped and slammed into the car's door, sending himself through and into the cart's storage area, in which he landed in a pile of boxes.

And smacked his head off of the metal door behind him. "AGH! DAMN!"

But that wasn't the end.

Kratos could hear a faint scraping sound, then, his blades tore out from the walls, and were sent flying towards him.

And as soon as Kratos's eyes focused on the two objects coming towards him, "Oh shi-" was all he said, before his own blades' handles smashed him square in the forehead.

Let's just say he had a nice long nap after that.

- - - -

Rainbow Dash had to drag Twilight all the way to Sugarcube Corner, because it was the nearest place where she knew Twilight could rest. She knocked on the door, and with luck, Pinkie Pie herself was still up.

Pinkie gasped when she saw Twilight, her friend was crying, sniffling, shaking, repeating the phrase "He's coming for me..." over and over again. Pinkie immediately brought her and Rainbow Dash inside, for fear that there might be a monster in the streets.

Good 'ol Pinkie Pie, ah?

Twilight now sat curled-up on Pinkie's bed, wrapped in a blanket's embrace, the occasional sniffle escaping her nostrils. Pinkie and Rainbow Dash sat on either side of her. "What happened, Twilight?" Pinkie asked.

As soon as she asked this, Twilight teared-up again, and with the memories, she sobbed into the blanket. Comforting hooves wrapped around Twilight's body- both Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash were hugging her. She stopped crying momentarily, squeaking as she sniffled in a fruitless attempt to hold the tears back. "It's okay, Twilight. Let it out. Pinkie's here." Pinkie soothed her friend as she began weeping again. "Shhh, it's okay..." Pinkie rocked Twilight in her hooves, and Rainbow Dash followed suit, cradling the crying mare like a mother would a foal.

Very soon, Twilight's sobs died-down. Pinkie Pie had left Rainbow Dash with Twilight, and went to get some tea. She returned just a couple of minutes later, smiling as she saw her friends hugging, the occasional sniffle being heard. Carrying the plates on her back which housed the cups, and the teapot in her maw, she entered the room, and set the teapot down on the end table next to her bed, and the plates next to them, with a little nudge and slide-off technique. "Twilight, do you want some tea? I made some just now if you'd want some!" She offered with a huge smile.

Twilight's reddened eyes opened as she looked up to her friend. "Th-thanks P-Pinkie..." She smiled back, and sniffled as Pinkie Pie poured the hot tea into the trio of cups on the table. Twilight lifted one of them up with a magical grasp, and let out a small sigh of relief as she took a long sip of the tea. "Could I stay here for the night, Pinkie?" Twilight asked.

Pinkie Pie nodded. "Of course you can! Rainbow Dash, you could stay too if you wanna!" She offered.

"Ehhh..." Rainbow received looks from both ponies, before she smiled. "Fine."

"What's wrong? You don't have to if you don't want to." Pinkie questioned, cocking her head at Dash.

Rainbow sighed. "I just wanna find that punk Kratos, and teach him a lesson." She pressed her hooves together.

Twilight's eyes widened. "Y-you couldn't, Rainbow Dash... he's... h-he's much stronger than you think..." She warned.

"Doesn't mean he's unbeatable!" was the last thing Rainbow Dash said, before she hopped off of the bed, opened a window, and flew right out of it, swiftly taking to the skies.

"RAINBOW! NO!!!" Twilight yelled, accidentally spilling the teacup's contents onto the floor as she rushed to the window, watching her disappear into the distance. She looked back to Pinkie Pie, and nervously chuckled. "Eheh... sorry." She sniffled.

Pinkie smiled. "Don't worry about it, silly!" She giggled, and went to go get some paper towels. "Help yourself to more tea if you want!" Pinkie said as she walked out.

Twilight's smile faded away as she stared, disappointed and worriedly, out into the deep black skies.

'I swear, Dash is out of her mind... she doesn't know what she's up against.'

Author's Note:

"All of my stories run on my theories, and my ideas. If you have a problem with them, move on, and have a good day. If you don't like it, don't read it. It's as simple as that.

"If you spot any grammatical problems, tell me. If you spot any punctuation problems, tell me. If you have a problem with the plot, I'll give you this and this only: It's my story. Not yours. If you want <insert your idea here> to happen, write it yourself, or stop bugging authors to make a story that they enjoy writing, into something that you would enjoy. In other words, your ideas are your ideas, and my ideas are my ideas. Don't try to force anything down my throat, or another's. Write it yourself, or it isn't going to happen."

- ZTB