• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 2,652 Views, 69 Comments

Mare vs Machine - Slingshot619



basically the sequel to Blur.

  • ...
6
 69
 2,652

Chapter 3: First War of Equestria

Before we get on to the story, I want to thank batran for the chapter names. Most of them were suggested by him. And also a thanks to Menoshe for the story name too. Keep the comments coming. You guys are awesome!


Scout hopped onto the back of the giant soldier. He struggled to find a control panel or something, there was absolutely nothing. Scout decided to pull out his Scattergun and blasted away at the soldier's head. heavy blocked the machine, causing it to trip. Spy sapped the contraption but it was no use. Medic Ubercharged Heavy. Heavy kicked the robot so hard that it's head rolled off.

The team breathed a sigh of relief. Only to findout a new wave of machines had arrived and were making their way towards Ponyville. Scout yelled in frustration and flew towards the town. He found out all the machines were headed towards one entrance and one entrance only.

Scout flew and found out that two red ponies were holding them back. He took a closer look and saw that it was a RED Demoman and a RED Pyro. Demoman gave Scout a nod and went on with blasting robots.

Scout spotted Sniper and a group of Celestia's guards battling the robots too. Even Skittles and the gang were in on it. Twilight was doing her magic left and right, Rainbow Dash would fly in and kick a robot once in a while, Applejack was bucking like mad. Rarity was well, hiding along with Fluttershy. Even Pinkie was blasting robots with her party cannon.

Scout chuckled and flew off. he found a deserted street that was about to be overrun by robots. The only form of defence was Rainbow Dash high in the sky, Derpy Hooves and a couple of guards. Scout shrugged and charged. He fought like he never fought before. Dodging and bonking, rolling and blasting.

Eventually the robots were dead. Everyone was exhausted, but they were relieved that they're city wasn't under attack anymore. Scout looked for Medic to get patched up. Apparantly alot of ponies got hurt because there was a line over a mile long. Scout sighed and waited in line. Rainbow Dash went behind him and flashed him a cheeky smile. She looked okay, other than a few scratches and bruises, she was fine.

Eventually Scout got treated and flew back towards Rainbow's home. He went in and collapsed. He had excellent stamina, but he was exhausted. A whole day of robot battling was hard work. Scout climbed in bed and tried to sleep. He couldn't fall asleep at all, he knew the damn robots were going to strike again, and somewhere deep down he knew that his time was coming.

Eventually, Rainbow climbed in bed with him. He instantly felt his whole body relax. RD just had this kind of effect on him. Whenever she was nearby he would for some reason feel relieved and relaxed. He closed his eyes, ready to get a good night's sleep.

Scout woke up the next morning and ran towards the window. He found out there was nothing wrong and breathed a sigh of relief. Scout walked back to his bed and stared at the pony known as Rainbow Dash. She looked so peaceful asleep. Scout dreaded knowing that one day his time would come and he would have to leave her side.

Scout stroked her mane for a while and went to go put on his gear. Earpiece and cap ready, Scout headed out and looked for Engie.
Engineer had practically built a wall of sentries. The smaller sentries in front, larger ones at the back and dispenser outside. Equestrian soldiers surrounded the swirling portal.

Scout raised an eyebrow, Engineer flashed him grin. Scout waved and flew back, relieved that nothing was happening yet. Scout went to a nearby cafe and ordered some hay fries. He ate and watched the fields. Expecting a robot or two to pop out.

After lunch Scout went to Fluttershy's to hang out with Heavy. As soon as he arrived he found Spy knocking at the door.

"Wassup?"

"Zhe Engineer thinks another wave is approaching. We must be ready."

Scout let out a sigh of dissapointment and waited for Heavy. eventually the three of them headed towards the fields and found Engineer together with a bunch of REDs. One of which was Demoman, he flashed a smile at Scout, sure they tried to take over and Demoman had broken Scout's bat, but this was serious, they had to form an alliance or they would never win.

Scout and the others waited for the wave. And soon it came, this one seemed even larger than the last one. Scout fought hard, he lost sight of the others in the sea of metal. He heard Heavy somewhere in the distance say "More rubble, less trouble!" alongside would be Medic, Ubercharging Scout or anyone else occasionally. Spy was sapping bots like crazy, he looked pretty badass, not breaking a sweat. Blasting bots with his revolver and what not. Even Pyro was setting practically everything on fire, Sniper would pick them off one by one, Demoman would take them out with his grenades and swords.

When the battle was done, Scout was panting, and so was everyone else. They waited for anything else, and they heard the sound of huge metal footsteps. They couldn't help but notice that the footsteps were faster than the others.

Then a giant robot Scout burst through the portal and ran for the town. Scout hopped on it's back and began finding weaknesses for it. Scout found the control panel and pried it open. he ripped out the wires and eventually, the machine stopped. Scout leaped off the metal deathtrap, but the machine tilted ever so precariously and fell on top of Scout.

Everypony was silent as they heard absolutely nothing from the giant contraption. Heavy rushed over and picked the metal body up. Demoman ran in and dragged Scout out. They waited anxiously as Medic came in and checked his pulse. Medic checked his heartbeat, pulse, breathing, anything that would indicate he was alive.

Eventually Medic got up. He had a sad look on his face. He looked at Spy and shook his head.

On the day of the funeral, the pegasus ponies left a rain cloud over them, upon request from the Spy. They had played Coldplay's Viva La Vida because Heavy remebered Scout telling him about how when he died he wanted that specific song to be played.

Everyone was silent as they stared at the body of Scout. This wasn't a broken bat, but an actual pony. He had fought bravely, but his time had eventually come. When they lowered the casket, Heavy had tears rolling down his cheeks, but he kept a straight face. Spy looked on in sadness and left.

Rainbow Dash was the last one. She stayed and gave one last glance at the final resting place of her lover. She blinked back tears and flew back to her home. She entered the home and leaped on her bed. She let the waterworks out. She was expecting Scout to hop in through the window like last time, but no such thing. She buried her head in the pillows as sobs were heard across the night sky.


Yes, Scout is dead. This isn't his bat this isn't a joke. He's really dead. But the story isn't over yet.