• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 2,652 Views, 69 Comments

Mare vs Machine - Slingshot619



basically the sequel to Blur.

  • ...
6
 69
 2,652

Chapter 2: The First Wave

As I have mentioned before, I updates will be less frequent. But I will try my best. In contrast to my promise, I will finish this story by November, just in time so you guys can enjoy Season 3 of MLP.


Scout turned around to find one of the weirdest things he's ever seen. It was basically a bomb on two robot legs. It shook and had what could be considered a stroke. Heavy and Scout looked on in confusion, until suddenly Medic gave out an ear drum destroying yell.

"HIT ZHE DECK!"

Everyone dived for cover and the huge bomb blew up, leaving a crater almost the size of Rainbow Dash's home. Spy got up and brushed his suit. Still as calm as ever, Medic was panicking like a madman while Heavy and Scout tried to piece together what just happened.

"Um, what the hell was that crap?"

"It was a Sentry Buster." Spy calmly replied

"But we ain't no sentries."

"Exactly. I am quite confused as to why it might come here."

Spy looked at all of them with dead seriousness. Not many ponies can look menacing while wearing a ski mask, but Spy managed.

"Let us never speak of this again."

"Ditto."

"Da"

"I agree with zhe Spy."

The were about to part ways, but all of a sudden, a swirling blue portal opened up again. This time another pony stepped out.

"Cream gravy!"

The pony had blue fur, a hard hat and goggles. It was Engineer. Scout breathed a sigh of relief. Finally they have someone that can help them solve this mystery.Scout grabbed him by the shoulders and asked the question that was on everyone's mind.

"How the hell is this here?"

Scout produced the metal robot head from earlier.

"Dag-nabbit damn it! Those darn contraptions made it here already?"

Engineer decided to build a sentry, better safe than sorry. Engineer would stand guard for today, tomorow would be Scout's turn.

Meanwhile......

Fluttershy and Applejack were near the Everfree Forest looking for a lost bunny. When all of a sudden, they saw a blue pony. He seemed to be carrying what looked like a rocket launcher. Applejack took a step closer while Fluttershy stayed behind.

Applejack approached the pony, it immediately turned and fired a rocket. AJ dodged it, the rocket flew and missed Fluttershy by inches. Fluttershy yelped and hid behind a bush. Applejack turned her attention towards the maniac.

"What in tarnation?"

She noticed that the pony was metal. Had rivets all around and a horrible paint job. The robot was about to fire another rocket, but Applejack kicked him. It didn't really do anything other than give AJ a huge pain in the hooves. The robot tilted his head sideways and aimed.

Applejack knew this was the end, she was going to die thanks to a stupid robot pony. When all of a sudden, bullets riddled the machine. He collapsed, AJ looked up and found a blue pony in a hard hat with a shotgun looking down on her.

"You ladies shoulda' oughta' brought some menfolk with ya."

"Gee, thanks mister."

Engineer helped Applejack up. Engineer tipped his hat and went off to go build another sentry. Applejack couldn't help but feel a bit of blood rush to her face. Not only did this pony actually have the same way of speech as her, he saved her life.

Applejack shook it off and went to calm Fluttershy. Once Fluttershy calmed down they continued looking for the bunny. Eventually they found the little furball. Fluttershy thanked AJ and left.

Meanwhile......

Scout was soaring through the skies. Enjoying the fine weather, Scout decided to try and do as many barrel rolls as possible. What could possibly go wrong?

Scout hit the barrel rolls and was soon on the ground, stumbling around in a daze. He didn't remember doing barrel rolls to be so difficult. Scout threw up. Barely missing Rainbow Dash.

"Hey watch it!"

"Sorry Skitz!"

Scout decided to have some fun, he flew off into the distance and targeted Rainbow's cloud. He flew and kicked the cloud, Rainbow fell, screaming, but Scout managed to catch her before she turned into a grease spot.

"That was fun wasn't it?" Scout said with a chuckle

"You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Easy Skitz, just a joke."

Scout let her down on a cloud and went to go check on Engineer. Upon reaching he found Engineer building as many sentries as possible. Scout raised an eyebrow and landed.

"Yo wassup?"

Engineer gave him a glance and Scout could see the stress behind those goggles. Scout knew that he wasn't messing around.

"Son, go get the team."

Scout went and gathered the team. When they arrived, a line of robots were already coming in. The sentries were doing a pretty good job. But some of the robots still passed through.

"Son, I'm gonna blow that dumb look right off your stupid face if you don't come down and help."

Scout flew down and blasted the robots. A sentry buster would come by once in a while, but the sentries would get to it before it could blow up.

Scout remembered fighting like hell. Medic gave him a Ubercharge once in a while, but he focused mainly on heavy. When the robots were destroyed, it looked like a junk yard.

"I was told we would be fighting men!" Heavy said with a laugh

Scout breathed a sigh of relief, before giant metal footsteps were heard once again. Scout waited, the footsteps got louder and louder until they seemed to be right behind them. Scout turned to find a huge metal soldier. He had a nuke on his back and a huge rocket launcher.

Scout could only stare in shock. The robot disregarded them and walked towards Ponyville. Scout took a moment to realize what was happening. Then he finally unfroze and ran to attack the behemoth.


Hope this chapter didn't feel rushed. If it did feel rushed I apologize, but I have to work on other fan fics too.