• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 2,652 Views, 69 Comments

Mare vs Machine - Slingshot619



basically the sequel to Blur.

  • ...
6
 69
 2,652

Prologue

Thanks to Batran for suggesting the Mann vs Machine for the sequel. Without him this story wouldn't be here. This chapter is just to show you all how the robots got here, and stuff like that.


It was a sunny afternoon on the base. Engineer was setting up his machines while the team prepared. The robots could be coming any second. Engineer set up his teleporter. He had experimented a bit and had come up with a newer, faster teleporter. It could take anyone anywhere in the blink of an eye.

Engineer finished it up and wiped the sweat off his face. He saw the damn robots in the distance. Then he noticed something. The teleporter was going to be right in the path of the robots. Engineer didn't mind about the robots using it. He was worried that they were going to destroy it.

Engineer's fears were for naught as the robots walked past it and did not give a damn. Engineer breathed a sigh of relief. Then he noticed something. One robot was gone. There were 6 robots before he went through. Now there were only 5. He had completely vanished. Then he saw it running for the teleporter. He was gone in the blink of an eye.

Engineer didn't care. As long as it's gone it's gone.

Oh little does he know.


So, yes it's short but don't worry. The usual chapters will be back to the magical 1000 words and above.