• Published 17th Oct 2012
  • 1,204 Views, 20 Comments

Caramel Apples - Derpy The Mailpony



Pinkie and Applejack are mad at each other, but why?

  • ...
5
 20
 1,204

Hearts and Hooves Day

Chapter 1:
Hearts and Hooves Day

For now, disregard the Romance tag.


Feb. 13, 2013:

Dear Diary,

Twilight again, obviously, because it's MY diary, heh. Okay, tomorrow is hearts and hooves day, also the day known as 'The day Pinkie and AJ started hating each other!' day. It's been a WHOLE TWO YEARS since AJ found out that Pinkie was dating Caramel, who was, at the same time, her coltfriend! I mean, come on! Two mares at the same time! That's bad enough, but when one gets angry easily AND is one of the toughest mares in Equestria, geez. Well, after all 3 of them had a very rude argument, AJ an Pinkie started hating each other (Still don't know why though) and Caramel got his ass kicked my both AJ and Pinkie, and I think he's still afraid to go near them at this time of the year. AJ and Pinkie hate each other throughout the whole year, but during late February, it just gets worse. Last year, they had a very intense argument in the middle of Sugar Cube Corner, and then after a couple minutes, AJ punched Pinkie, and guess what? Yep, they started fighting. There was no clear winner though, which I find amusing since AJ is pretty much the strongest pony in Equestria and Pinkie is a pacifist, I think. Well, neither one of them came out a clear winner, but both just walked away after the fight was broken up by Big Macintosh. Still, I think they could have went on fighting for hours. Well, tomorrow is most likely going to be pretty much the same, but I hear that Pinkie has a new coltfriend, but I'm not sure who exactly. I'll find out soon though! And, tomorrow is Spike's 9th birthday! only nine years ago today I made his egg hatch, and also made him grom 15 times his size, and got my cutie mark. Well, for his birthday, I have LOTS of fun-nine-year-old stuff planned like cheesy party games and stupid party hats and, well, I should really stop writing, because 1) I'm getting tired from all the magic i'm using to write this and 2) It's pretty late. Until next time my diary!

Sincerely,

Twilight Sparkle

Twilight finished writing in her diary and stuffed it back inside of a secret opening on the side of her bed that nopony knew about, hopefully. Twilight turned to look at the Clock next to her bed and noticed she should have went to sleep over an hour ago.
'Oh dear, I should be asleep right now!' Twilight thought to herself, turning off a little lamp also next to her bed. The lavender mare snuggled under her covers and slowly closed her eyes.


RING RING RING RI-

It was 6:00 am, and Twilight had just gotten out of bed, and shut off her alarm. She checked in the secret opening on the side of her bed to make sure her Diary hadn't moved or been read. She makes her way downstairs to change the calender she kept on the wall (the kind you ripped off a piece of paper that had a big number on it every day) and remembered that it was Hearts and Hooves Day. She never really thought about getting a coltfriend or even a friend that was a colt that was closer than just an acquaintance. She mainly, for that past 2 years now, thought about how Pinkie and AJ would be mad at each other.

Twilight disregarded that thought for later and had a nice breakfast that consisted of a dandelion sandwich and a glass of orange juice. Once done with her breakfast, she walked towards her desk to start her daily organization, starting with her desk and ending with the alphabetizing of the books in the library, usually Spikes job though. She went through her desk, neatly putting quills and parchment in one drawer and books that needed reading in another. She always had a empty drawer that she hoped she could fill with love notes from a secret admirer or a very special somepony, but the day never came so far. Again, she repressed that thought for later and continued with the organizing.

After organizing her desk, bedside table and her private collection of books that were to never be read or checked out by anypony but herself, she headed into town forgetting to wake up Spike to accompany her on her usual stroll through the market to get necessary supplies. It seemed as though she was always running out of ink and parchment around this time of the year, but she never put any thought into it. While walking through town, she decided to go and see Pinkie, not only to say hi but also a glimpse of who her very special somepony was. She was hoping it wasn't a member of the Apple family or one of AJ's ex's.

Twilight was just about to step into the bakery in where Pinkie lived, when she was stopped by the very pony she had been looking for. Pinkie Pie had ran in front of her before she could enter. Twilight was going to ask but Pinkie just shushed her and slowly backed into the bakery. Bewildered, Twilight called to Pinkie Pie for some answers.

"Pinkie, what was that all about? Can I come in? Hello?" Twilight received no answers, and was getting frustrated. "Pinkie, I know you're in there! You just walked in!" Twilight again called to the pink mysterious Earth-pony, but again, no replies. Twilight was about ready to just walk in when she heard a voice behind her that belonged inside the bakery.

"Hi Twilight! Whatcha doin' here?" Pinkie Pie asked her befuddled lavender friend. Twilight slowly turned to see the exact same mare standing behind her as the one that walked into the bakery mere seconds ago.

"How did- why... uh." Twilight was so confused that she couldn't properly make out sentences, Not only because Pinkie Pie seemed to have either crawled through a window or, although it seemed impossible, teleported behind her. Well, it didn't seem so impossible if you thought about it. 1) She was Pinkie Pie, the strange and most mysterious of all ponies in Ponyville. 2) She can tell the future by mere spasms of certain parts of her body. Twilight wasn't confused on only how she could sneak behind her, but also why she wasn't as angry or mad as usual near the end of February.

"Hey Twilight, are you okay? You're not answering me. Hey! Are you listening to me at all?" Pinkie was starting to wonder of Twilight's behavior. but soon enough, which is only 2 seconds later, Twilight figured not to think about how Pinkie does anything. It's like a paradox, you think about it too much, your head explodes.

"I- uh... yeah, i'm listening, it's just. I saw you walk into the bakery like, 8 seconds ago, and now you're standing behind me." Twilight explained what happened and what she saw, and Pinkie just said she didn't want her to see something, but as how she got behind her, she kept a secret. "So Pinkie, why aren't you angry today? It is the 2nd year anniversary of you and AJ being mad with each other, isn't it?" The pink delightful blob of joy nodded back to her not saying anything. Twilight was again questioning Pinkie Pie's actions but, again, didn't think about it because, she's Pinkie. "Okay, um... can I go into the bakery now?" Twilight asked the strange pink pony.

"Oh, yeah you can go in!" Pinkie Pie replied happily. Twilight gave her a look of bewilderment and trotted into the bakery, with Pinkie hopping in behind her. "So, why are you here Twilight?" Pinkie asked her unicorn friend. Twilight walked up to the counter that Pinkie was already behind and looked her in the eyes.

"I need to pick up that cake, remember, I placed an order for a-"

"Chocolate single tiered ice cream cake with 9 candles, 3 green 3 red and 3 blue, and yellow writing that says 'Happy 9th B-Day Spike!' and you wanted it done by, 3 minutes and 14 seconds ago and it is!" Pinkie Pie finished Twilight's sentence before she could. Twilight gave Pinkie another look before taking the cake and walking out wondering how Pinkie does everything she does.

*3 Hours Later*

Twilight walks into her tree-house and sees that Spike had gotten up and started reading a book while waiting for his mentor to return. He looked up from his book, which was the second book of his favorite series, at the sound of the door opening and closing.

"Welcome back Twi, why didn't you wake me up?" Spike asked Twilight while she was trying her best to conceal Spike's birthday cake. Twilight also had multiple bags from her shopping spree, in which she got more than the usual 'necessary supplies'. She also got Spike's birthday present and lots of other items necessary for Spike's birthday.

"Oh, I didn't feel like waking you up because you stayed up late last night helping me with the library and other stuff." Twilight responded.

"Oh, I thought it was because it was my birthday and you wanted me to be happy and not sleepy. Oh well, I still got to sleep in, hey, do you need help with any of that?" Spike asked Twilight.

"What? Oh, no but thanks for asking Spike! But actually, can you take this and put it on my desk please?" Twilight asked Spike and he did as she asked. After she hid his birthday present and other birthday things, she needed to get rid of him to set everything up. So, she made something up.

"Hey Spike, Rarity said she was going to need your help today" Twilight called to his name, and Spike showed up right as she said 'Rarity'. She already new what was going down. While shopping, she went to Carousel Boutique and asked Rarity to distract Spike for an hour or two while the others help set up the party. But sh e didn't think about it very much, as she had invited Pinkie and Applejack and she didn't know how those two were going to act. Hopefully they would be good because it's Spikes party, but maybe not. Sh decided it wasn't like them to ruin something like this twice. Last year, they came, they fought, and they practically destroyed the library. There were books on the ground and shredded wrapping paper everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE. it was in the toilet and in between books and somehow even on the underside of the balcony. Don't ask how, 'cause I don't know. "Spike's party is in, 1 hour and we don't even have the streamers set up! Where is that pink mare?" Twilight thought to herself, opening the door for Applejack who, like Pinkie, seemed much more calm than last year or the one before.

"Howdy partner! Where's the birthday boy?" Applejack asked Twilight while she was still thinking to herself.

"Oh, he's at Rarity's, remember?" Twilight suddenly remembered she hadn't let Applejack in on the whole thing. "Oh, I didn't tell you did I?" Twilight asked Applejack.

"Tell me what?" Applejack stared and the purple unicorn in confusion when just a second later the door rang.

"Better get that, I'll explain it to you later." Twilight galloped towards the doorway and when she opened it, there was a pink mare covered in yards, maybe even miles of multiple colored streamers. "Great, your here! Just set the streamers down on that table for now."

"Okie Dokie Lokie!" Pinkie said joyfully and hopped to the table with other party supplies on it. "So Twilight, is Applejack here?" Twilight turned to look at Pinkie Pie and was going to say no but somepony interrupted her.

"Yes I'm here sugarcube." Applejack went over to greet her previous arch-enemy...

Sorry, I know you guys hate cliffhangers so I put one in the first chapter! There will only be like 3 or 4 chapters but each with like a couple thousand words. These will probably be updated bi-weekly because I'm working on another story at the same time, one I know everypony will love! Seeya next time!