• Published 11th Jan 2024
  • 1,639 Views, 1,585 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Tell Your Tale: Season 2 - JesusG0987



What If: The Mane 7 adventures continues while facing a snow leopard enemy that is on the lose in Equestria.

  • ...
7
 1,585
 1,639

Chapter 13: The Return of Twilight Sparkle

Chapter 13: The Return of Twilight Sparkle

In the Crystal Brighthouse, Sunset was in the basement while she was carefully wearing goggles while also working on something that was under a bedsheet as she sighed. “Okay, so far, I’m doing alright.” She said as she then gave a thoughtful expression before she levitated the spellbook she and Sunny founded in the restricted archives in Canterlot. “Am I?” She asked as she double checked. “Yes, I am.”

Just then, from the doorway, there was a shadow as it slowly approached Sunset while she was working, “Come on focus, Sunset. This isn't difficult, you're just about to break all the Known laws of life and Death to do something morally questionable on all angels,” Sunset told herself as the shadow got closer, and closer, “Still, why does it feel like I'm not making any progress on-YARGH!” She yelped, feeling something jump on her back as she turned and gaped as she saw.

“Sparky?” Sunset said in surprise as the baby dragon gurgled at her happily. “What are you doing down here? And didn’t I lock the door upstairs?” She questioned as the baby dragon giggled and patted her muzzle as she then giggled as well. “Okay. It’s cute, but still. Who opened the basement door?”

“You know you’re not the only one who lives here, Sunset.” Zipp’s voice spoke up as Sunset turned and saw the rest of her friends by the doorway. “We all have keys to every room in the Brighthouse.” Zipp said with an amused smile while twirling the keys in one of her wing tips.

“What are you doing here?” Sunset asked her friends.

“You locked yourself down here for days now,” Pipp said, crunchling her nose, “Seriously, it smells like a swamp down here.”

“Yeah, and something tells me you haven’t had something to eat or drink.” Sunny said with a concerned look as she brought in some sandwiches and a smoothie. “But a shower wouldn’t hurt either.” She added while covering her nose with a slight chuckle.

Sunset raised a brow as she sniffed under her hooves while Sparky did next as he then gagged. “Huh, I guess I did it again.” She said.

“Again?” Misty asked in confusion. “This kind of thing happened before?”

“Well, whenever I get overworked or on a breakthrough with something, I isolate myself for days to figure out the answer to it.” Sunset explained with a shrug.

“Yeah, we seriously need to talk about that later.” Hitch said with a grossed out expression.

Sunny then placed the sandwich and smoothie down. “Sunset, we’re worried about you. Whenever you’re on break from the smoothie stand or when we have enough free time when there’s no problem or adventure, you come down here ever since we got back from Canterlot.” She stated.

“Even I wouldn’t be doing something with my Unicycling for that long.” Izzy commented.

Sunset then took off her goggles as she sighed. “Sorry, ponies. But I’m this close to something. I think I nearly cracked it.” She said as she levitated the sandwich and started eating it.

“What are you talking about?” Zipp asked before they then noticed a body size tarp covering something. “And what’s behind the sheets?”

“Yeah, because it’s like you went all Frankenstallion mad science there.” Pipp commented before she squealed. “Are you making a Frankenpony?! Because that would be spooky and great for my ponygram!” She called in excitement.

“Uh, that’s scary.” Misty said nervously as Pipp flew towards the sheets.

“Wait, Pipp! It’s not exactly--” Sunset tried to say before Pipp remove the sheets, but as she gasped, she raised a brow at what she saw, which happened to be posable ponnequin that is life size.

“Aw. No monster?” Pipp asked in disappointment.

“Uh, is that a ponnequin? Because if that’s what you’re doing for days, you seriously need to find a job since you’re good at fashion designing!” Izzy said with a cheerful smile.

“Nonono, I'm not fashion designing, that's more Rarity's department!” Sunset said quickly before turning to the ponnequin, “This isn't a ponnequin, it's a replica.” She explained.

“Huh?” The rest of the Mane 7 said in confusion.

“It's something I learned about in one of the other Equestrias I visited during my time in the Society.” Sunset explained, “And Sunny, remember that spellbook we found that can bring back ponies or creatures from the Departed Realm in Canterlot without the need for dark magic?”

“Yeah, we were studying it and been trying to find ways to not bring a pony zombie apocalypse.” Sunny said with a nod. “Why?


“Well, I've been trying to use this replica and that magic to fulfill a promise,” Sunset said before taking a breath and giving the big reveal, “I'm trying to see if I can bring Twilight back, the real Twilight.”

This made the rest of the Mane 7 give wide eyes. “I’m sorry, can you repeat that?” Hitch asked.

“Yeah, because we thought that Twilight finally moved on after she defeated Opaline and after that inspiring lift spirit speech she gave you after you were kicked out of the Society that one time before going to help Sonic and his friends with their Opaline and Future Sonic.” Izzy listed out.

“That's what I thought too, until I realized how many worlds there where someone could be brought back.” Sunset said to them. “One of them is with an alternate reality where Twilight held some sort of key-shaped sword with strange abilities with others like her. And I visit them one time and they explain certain things like vessels and hearts.”

“Hearts? Um, your not gonna put somepony's heart in that thing are you?” Sunny asked with a cringe.

Sunset realized what Sunny was implying and waved her hooves, “No, not that kind of heart! I meant the kind of heart that holds Twilight’s memories, magic, personality, basically everything that makes Twilight, Twilight.” She explained.

“You mean like a soul?” Misty asked.

“Yeah, basically.” Sunset nodded as she brought out her amulet she used to contact Twilight through it. “I manage to get the vessel made and with some spells from the book to get it done, thanks to some tips to that Sora kid and his friends from that world I’ve told you about, I think I can make a new body for Twilight’s heart to inhabit and bring her back to us,” She said with a smile.

While the idea of seeing Twilight again did sound wonderful the Mane 7 gave uneasy expressions, “Uh gee, Sunset. That's pretty extreme.” Zipp said unsurely.

“Yeah, bringing back the dead sounds like a twisted Unicycling.” Izzy said with a shudder.

“What do you mean?” Sunset said in confusion while arching a brow, not getting her friends’ trepidation.

“Sunset, you're basically saying you're gonna put Twilight in a living doll and bring her back to Equestria when she might not even want to come back,” Hitch explained.

“W-Well, yeah. I mean, that’s kinda the point. And trust me, I was skeptical when they showed me this vessel stuff, but it’s pretty effective.” Sunset said with a brow.

“Sunset, that's not the point.” Misty said gently, “What we're trying to say is, maybe it’s best you don't go forward with this.”

Sunset’s eyes widened, “Wh-What?” She asked, stunned.

“I mean, last time we saw Twilight, she basically said we don't need her anymore and I hate to admit but she's right,” Pipp explained, “I mean, check all we did even without her,” she said, showing her selfies of everything they've been through since Opaline’s defeat. “We defeated Allura the first time when we first found and freed Starlight Ridge…”

“We’ve been solving some issues and problems around Equestria together…” Hitch continued.

“Discovered other things from in the Brighthouse or around Equestria.” Misty added with a smile.

“Like recently, the rainbow machine. It was still cool to actually see it by the way.” Zipp said with a chuckle and a smirk.

“Or when I found my Rainbow Magic, met a Seapony and rebuilt a magical theme park!” Izzy added with a jump.

“We even found clues to Skyros and about my mother,” Sunny finished with a smile, “We’ve done wonderfully even without Twilight, and I'm sure wherever she is she's happy. So why fix what isn't broken?” She asked, knowing Sunset understood even if they missed Twilight, things were still fine.

However, Sunset's shocked expression said otherwise, “You mean, you don't care about seeing Twilight again?” Sunset asked slowly.

“Well, I wouldn’t word it like that but…” Hitch tried to say but Sunset cut him off.

“But that's not fair,” Sunset said before she gave a glare of sorrow and anger, “That's not fair!” She yelled.

This made the others flinch as Sparky hid behind Hitch a bit. “W-Whoa, Sunset, easy there.” Zipp tried to say.

“Do you have any idea what I've had to go through?!” Sunset demanded, holding her glare, “I've been alone for so long! My friends promised we'd stay together but we drifted apart! I came here to be with Twilight but instead I came back to an Equestria where everypony hates each other and had to fight a crazy fire alicorn and ice roaring winged snow leopard and travel across dimensions to fight another fire alicorn and try and get the Society’s leader stubborn and crazed head on straight while saving the Multiverse from collapsing! And all I want is to have the Pony who saved me again only to now have my friends tell me to leave her dead?!” She demanded with hot tears in her eyes.

“Okay, calm down-” Pipp tried to say.

“Do you have any idea of how much I've suffered?!” Sunset yelled out, making them step back, “My family is dead! My mentor is gone! My friends over there are who-know-where's! Twilight is all I have left and I just want my best friend back! I WANT THE MARE I LOVE BACK!!!” She screamed out with her horn sparking and tears running down her cheeks.

The rest of the Mane 7’s eyes widened when they heard that as Sunset realized what she said as her eyes shrunk. “I-I… I need some air!” Sunset cried with tears still falling as she flew up to the door.

“Wait, Sunset!” Sunny called before Sunset quickly shut the door as the others flinched from the slam.

“...Well, that happened.” Zipp said, unsure of what else to say.

“Sunset loves Twilight?” Izzy said in confusion, “Like, loves like I love you guys or love like Sunny loves Hitch?” She asked, gesturing to herself and them and then Sunny and Hitch.

Sunny and Hitch blushed from this as they gave sheepish looks with chuckles before Sunny shook her head. “Sunset never told us that she cared for Twilight that much.” Misty said in concern. “I mean, sure she had a deep friendship with her in the past, but this is huge.”

“Why didn't she just tell us?” Pipp wondered, “We were right here, she could've talked to us about anything.”

Sunny frowned in concern, “Maybe she felt like she couldn't.” She said, confusing them, “Sunset’s always been the one to burden our problems, get us through the hard times. We say things like ‘We can count on you,’ ‘We need you’. She's always been our rock when times get tough but, we never stopped to think about how she's been feeling.”

The five ponies looked at each other, thinking of all the times Sunset had helped them, or when she told she was okay and they just accepted it, not considering that maybe she wasn't. Sparky babbled sadly with his head lowered.

“You said it, Sparky. I guess we never realized that Sunset's feelings were just as important.” Hitch said with his ears lowered.

“Problem with being everypony's therapist, who's supposed to be yours?” Pipp quoted with a guilty expression.

“W-Wow, I-I guess that explains why her sparkle is a bit dim sometimes.” Izzy said with a concerned look while rubbing her chin.

“W-What can we do?” Misty asked in worry.

Zipp gave a firm look, “We're gonna find Sunset and be the friends she needs us to be for her.” She declared.

“She's right. Friendship isn't always easy but there's no doubt it's worth fighting for. So come on Ponies!” Sunny said with a determined smile, “Hope!” she started as her Cutie Mark glowed.

“Creativity!” Izzy continued as her mark glowed next.

“Confidence!” Pipp called with a spin in the air while her mark glowed.

“Kindness!” Hitch called with a pose while Sparky giggled with Hitch’s mark glowing.

“Bravery!” Zipp announced with a flip in the air while her mark glowed next.

“Heart!” Misty called as her mark glowed as well.

“Hooves to Heart!” They declared in unison as their Cutie Marks came together, creating the Starscout sign as it glowed for a moment before it faded.

“Now, let’s go find Sunset!” Sunny declared as the group rushed out of the basement to find their Alicorn friend.


The group then rush out of the Brighthouse as they look around for any sign of Sunset. “Where could Sunset run off too?” Misty asked.

“I don’t know. She is usually on the top of the Brighthouse or in the room when she's in thought or a bit down.” Izzy noted while scratching her head.

“Sunny, you know Sunset better. Do you know where she could be when she gets this upset?” Zipp asked the earth pony mare, since Sunny has been around Sunset longer than any of them.

Sunny thought for a moment, before smiling brightly, “I got it!” She cheered.


And then a bit later, the group entered through the cave and returned to the ruins of Canterlot. “Wait, this is Canterlot?” Misty asked in surprise. “I mean, I know it existed from Opaline’s tale, but to actually step hoof in one of Equestria’s ancient history landmarks…”

“Yeah, I have a similar reaction as well, Misty.” Sunny said with a giggle.

“But more a fanmare than you, Mist.” Izzy added with a chuckle as Sunny blushed sheepishly from that.

“Sunny, why are we even here?” Hitch asked in confusion, saving Sunny from the embarrassment while also wondering why they’re here. “Do Sunset really come here often?”

“Well, not completely often, but if I know Sunset, she would go somewhere familiar to be alone.” Sunny said to them as they walked past the ruins of Canterlot. “And Canterlot is the only place that she’s familiar with to have some time to herself when she’s upset.”

“But where do we start looking for her?” Pipp wondered.

“Yeah, Canterlot is so big. It will take us forever to find her.” Zipp said in agreement. “And in this mess, it’s gonna be hard to tell which one she’s in.”

“We go to the one place Sunset knows very well.” Sunny said as she gestured to the Canterlot Palace. “The Canterlot Castle. She was Celestia’s former pupil before Twilight. So she must’ve come here often.”

“You think she's there?” Hitch asked his marefriend.

“It’s the only place Sunset usually mentioned and the only place that is somewhat intact in all of Canterlot.” Sunny said as they walked up to the front gate. “If Sunset is anywhere, it’s here.” She said as they entered the castle.

“Are you sure you know where to go in there?” Misty asked uncertainty. “Because we might get lost in there.”

“Nothing is worth more than being there for a friend.” Sunny said, charging into the darkness while her friends followed close behind.

What they didn’t notice however was that a not so friendly Snow Leopard and her sidekick bunny had followed them to the old city. Allura looked around at the broken city, feeling the emptiness and cold around them, “Now this is more like it,” Allura said with a smile. “This could be a backup in case our cave lair might either be discovered or melt.”

Twitch then babbled to her with a brow. “I know the cave serves well. But you never know when you might need a backup home.” Allura told her sidekick, “Besides, I heard those ponies mention magic in this city, maybe something that will help us find a way to restore the Nova Charm or at least put this whole hotspot into a deep freeze.”

Twitch thought for a moment before he babbled with a nod. “Glad to hear it. Now, let’s see what we can find and maybe, get some sweet payback.” Allura chuckled evilly as they walked into the castle.


WIth Sunset she was sitting alone in what used to be the Canterlot Library, crying into her hooves. In front of her she held photos of Twilight and herself on the few visits she made to Equestria before Opaline’s arrival. She ran her hoof over Twilight’s with her mouth shaking, “Oh Twilight, I miss you so much,” Sunset whimpered as she looked up and saw the tattered picture of a white alicorn with a colorful Mane, “Princess, I give anything to talk to you right now.” She said sadly.

“Sunset Shimmer.” A familiar voice said, which got Sunset’s attention as she looked around.

“W-Who said that?” Sunset asked, looking around to find who spoke to her. She then looked down and noticed a familiar shadow over her. The shadow of a tall pony with a mane moving like it was being blown in the wind.

Sunset gasped and looked behind her, only to see nothing, “No, no i-It couldn't be her,” Sunset told herself, not even trying to hope, “E-Even she couldn't have lived that long.” she said.

“I can assure you, my faithful student, that I’m not alive, but I’m not that much dead either.” The voice said with a slight chuckle, which Sunset heard as she looked around.

“Princess Celestia?” Sunset said as she turned again as her pupil shrunk in shock as she saw her former mentor standing beside her.

“Hello, Sunset. It's been a long time,” Celestia said with a motherly smile, “Aren't you happy to see me?” She said with a brow.

“N-No! I-I mean, yes! I am happy to see you!” Sunset quickly said to her former mentor. “I-I just, wait, how are you even here? Am I dreaming?”

“No. You are not dreaming.” Celestia assured with a chuckle as she walked around Sunset. “When my time has finally come, I have obtained a high spiritual plane of existence. While I may not be around physically, as an alicorn of the sun, my spirit remains so long as it shines. I have become with its light and warmth that bathes over every living thing.” She explained.

“But, why are you here, now?” Sunset asked, still stunned to see the mare she loved like mother before her.

“Because until now, you have forgotten me.” Celestia said with a frown.

“No! I didn’t forget you! I would never forget those I cared about!” Sunset said to her, appalled Celestia could ever think she forgot about her. “Why would you think that?”

“You have forgotten who you are and in doing so you have forgotten those you care about including me.” Celestia explained, placing a hoof on Sunset’s shoulder, “Sunset, you are the element of Forgiveness but I sense there is still one creature you still refuse to forgive.”

Sunset looked confused, “What? Who?” She asked, wondering if Celestia was referring to Opaline, Allura or even FS.

“You haven’t forgiven yourself, Sunset.” Celestia said to her, which surprised Sunset from that.

“Myself?” Sunset asked in confusion.

“You still blame yourself for what has happened to Equestria. To your friends. To me…to Twilight,” Celestia explained as Sunset lowered her head in guilt.

“I should’ve come back. I should’ve been here to help.” Sunset said, looking at her mentor, “If I hadn't been so selfish I could've saved Twilight, I could've stopped Opaline.”

“Sunset, you never would have realized what would occur if you came back.” Celestia said to her former student. “If you even returned, things wouldn’t be any different.”

“But with Opaline and the Society I thought I was doing the right thing, trying to be like you but it just blew up in my face and Twilight and Sonic paid for it.” Sunset said sadly, remembering how Twilight ‘died’ and Sonic nearly lost his whole world.

“But you made amends and helped set things right, like how you've always done.” Celestia said to her. “You always push through and set things right.”

“But I still make so many mistakes, just now I yelled at my friends for a totally selfish reason and ran away like a scared little filly.” Sunset said, sitting on her haunches. “I don't know what to do anymore, even if I bring Twilight back I could end up losing her by taking her peace away and bringing her into a world without her best friends.”

Celestia saw that her former pupil was conflicted on bringing her old friend back and taking away her peace after everything she’s done and the fact that she’s sad that she can’t even make the right choices as she walked up to her. “Sunset, I understand how you feel.” She said to her.

Sunset was surprised by this as she turned to Celestia. “Y-You do?”

“Take it from someone who lived longer than anypony.” Celestia said with a smile as she haunched down to her. “I’ve lived a longer life than anypony in Equestria. And when my sister, Luna, was turned into Nightmare Moon, I was forced to endure a thousand years without the only family I had left. And I’ve waited many moons, watching the moon with the face of my sister, alone. I waited until she returned, and it was thanks to Twilight and her friends, they saved my sister and brought her home and helped amend my mistake for not giving her the attention she deserved.” She said to her. “So understand that I know what you’re going through.”

Sunset was caught in her former mentor’s words as she hadn't realized that her former mentor had gone through such loneliness. “I-I had no idea.” She said to Celestia. “Y-You never really showed the loneliness when I was around you when I was your star pupil. You make it look like you were strong.”

“Just as you appeared strong for young Sunny and her friends?” Celestia questioned with a smile.

Sunset’s eyes widened from. “W-Well, yeah. I have to be strong. Because they see me as a symbol, as a Guardian of Harmony, a pillar of their strength.” She said while looking in thought.

“But why must you alone carry the burden of others?” Celestia asked, “Don’t you think your friends would be willing to help you?”

“I-I don’t think they would understand.” Sunset said uncertainly. “I mean, they have family, they know everypony and everything in this era of Equestria. And I have to carry that burden because out of all of them, I’m the oldest. The responsible one of the group. And if something happens to them, it’s on me, like how I couldn’t even return home sooner before all this change.” She said sadly with her head lowered.

Celestia put a wing over Sunset, “Twilight felt she had to be the one to carry the responsibility forevermore, and it took her a long time to accept she cannot always be the one to hold everyponies’ problems,”

“She did?” Sunset asked slowly.

“Yes. And trust me, I’ve seen how she reacted and it was a bit funny and somewhat similar to how I have been.” Celestia said with giggles, which surprised Sunset even more. “But it showed that one pony, Alicorn or not, even the most powerful ones, can’t always carry the burden on their own when they have their friends to support them.”

“Never be ashamed to ask for help Sunset, seeking aid and admitting you need it is a sign of true strength,” Celestia told her former pupil with a comforting smile. “You should never hold something buried deep inside. If you trust your friends, they will understand how you feel. And I know they are looking for you right now.”

Sunset look down for a moment and smiled before turning to Celestia and hugged her, “I missed you, Celestia,” She said softly.

Celestia smiled softly and returned the hug while wrapping her wings around her. “I missed you too, Sunset.” She said as the two kept hugging, having long to hug each other again after they last saw each other while feeling each other's warmth while tears fell from their eyes.

“Sunset!” Sunny’s voice called out, as Sunset’s ears pointed in the direction of the voice as she turned, “Sunset where are you?!” Sunny called again.

“Sunny? Heh, looks like you were right Cel…” Sunset stopped herself when she saw Celestia was gone. “C-Celestia?” She asked as she then realized that though she couldn’t be seen, her mentor was still with her and she smiled, “Thank you, princess,” She said gratefully.

“Sunset!” Sunny’s voice called out from the entrance.

“Sunny, in here!” Sunset called as she saw her friends walking towards her, “Boy am I glad to see you. I’m so sorry about running off like that. I was just having a…” She trailed off when she saw her friends entering, but what she saw made her pause because she saw her friends, even Sparky, giving wide creepy smiles. “Uh, guys? Why are you smiling like that?”

The rest of the Mane 7 just gave creepy laughs and walked towards Sunset as backed up before realizing something, “Wait, I recognize those smiles,” She said as horror came to her, “Oh no, Allura!” She realized as the Snow Leopard walked up from behind her.

“Ah, Sunset Shimmer, the Alicorn. We meet again.” Allura said with a sinister smile while Twitch had the same expression as Sunset turned to her.

“M-My friends and I know that you somehow came to Equestria through a portal that was still open in Starlight Ridge, but what are you doing here?!” Sunset questioned while readying her horn just in case. “What do you want?!”

“Oh I’m just here looking for a summer vacation spot,” Allura said, looking at her paw.

“Really?” Sunset asked in surprise.

“No! I was looking for a way to restore the Nova Charm or find some way to escape this realm!” Allura called with a glare before she looked around. “But, I gotta say, this place really does fit my description.” She said with a smirk.

“Okay, one, you’re weird. And two, good luck with that. The Nova Charm broke into seven pieces when Izzy created that theme park!” Sunset said with a glare.

“Yes, I know,” Allura said irritably.

“Really?” Sunset said again.

“Just because I’ve been stranded doesn’t mean I haven’t kept my eyes on you ponies.” Allura said with annoyance. “I know you ponies had the Nova Charm, and when I saw it with you and that cheerful unicorn,” She gestured to the mind controlled Izzy, “I thought Twitch and I had a chance to finally get back and continue our rule. But instead, it broke into pieces and left us stranded here!”

Sunset gave a glare, “Well, if you promised to leave the Auroracorns alone then maybe we could help you two get back home but we both know that’s not happening,” She told the Snow Leopard. “So why don’t you just let my friends go and we all go our separate ways.” She suggested.

“Hmm, let me think about that,” Allura said, feigning she was thinking before smirking, “No, and I’ve got a better idea. How about I let your friends have some fun?” She suggested.

Sunset smirked, “Heh, in case you haven’t noticed I’m an alicorn. I think I can handle six mind controlled ponies and a baby dragon.” She boasted, fanning her wings and lighting her horn again.

Twitch just laughed at her while Allura held her smirk, “Heh, do you think I can make ponies just smile and do whatever I want, Sunset? No, that was just for fun, here’s when I want somecreature destroyed,” Allura said as she turned to the Mane 6, “You six ponies, destroy Sunset Shimmer,” She ordered as the sound waves of her voice were red instead of purple.

Sunny and the other’s eyes then turned red as they growled angrily while Sparky showed his teeth. “Yes, Allura.” They said as Sunny brought out her Alicorn form, which made Sunset startled as she backed away.

“Uh, okay, didn’t really think that through.” Sunset said nervously as her mind-controlled friends advanced towards her.

“And there’s no magic crystal snow to snap them out of it this time.” Allura said with her smirk still in place. “One of the only things I loved about this place.”

Sunset back up towards a broken window as her friends continued glaring at her as she backed up to the edge and saw the sheer drop, “Oh boy,” Sunset gulped as she turned back to her mind-controlled friends, “Oh, what do I do?! What do I do? What do I do?!” She panicked.

Just then, three familiar Dragons rose up from behind her, “Looks I chose a good day to visit the old crib while Discord keep an eye on the Dragonlands in my stead when I’m out,” Spike commented.

“What?! More dragons?!” Allura asked in shock and anger while Twitch looked on with wide eyes.

“Spike!” Sunset cheered in joy as Blaize and Tumble flew in as Tumble used his breath to blow the mind controlled ponies and baby dragons back. “Careful! They’re not themselves! They’re being controlled!”

“Don’t worry, I just gave them a strong gust.” Tumble assured as the mind controlled ponies and dragon got up with glares as Sunny kept her alicorn form up. “And I think I tick them off.” He said nervously.

“Sunset, what’s going on? What’s wrong with Sunny and the others? And who’s the Snow Leopard and Evil Angel?” Spike asked in confusion.

“Uh, I’ll tell you later. But quick version, that’s Allura and her sidekick Twitch we talked about. And right now, I need to get back to the Brighthouse!” Sunset exclaimed, jumping onto Spike back, “There’s something there I have to get!”

“Then time to be quick on this one! Blaize, Tumble hold them off until we get back!” Spike called out.

“You got it, Your Spikeness!” Blaize nodded as she and Tumble flew towards the mind-controlled group as Spike spun around and blew his green flames forward as he and Sunset teleported away. “Alright, so holding off a hatchling, six ponies and a mind-controlling leopard. How hard can it be?”

“Uh, you know that Sunny is an Alicorn right now, right, Blaize?” Tumble asked his friend as Sunny lit up her horn while giving a menacing glare.

“Eh, it still wouldn’t hurt to have a bit of a challenge.” Blaize said with a shrug.


Back with Sunset and Spike, they soon appeared outside the Crystal Brighthouse, “Okay we’re here, so what’s your plan?” Spike asked Sunset.

“Well, since I don’t know how to snap the others out of their mind control unlike how Sparky did with you with Opaline, we need someone else to snap them out of it.” Sunset said as she got off Spike.

“What do you mean someone else?” Spike asked.

“Hold that thought.” Sunset said before she rushed into the Brighthouse as Spike waited outside a bit, looking a bit confused before Sunset came out while carrying the vessel and the spellbook she is levitating while having the amulet around her neck. “We’re gonna use this.” She said as she put the vessel down.

Spike arched a brow, “Um, no offense Sunset but I don’t think playing dolls is gonna save your friends,” He said confusedly.

“It’s no doll, Spike. It’s a vessel to make a new body to bring somepony back. And you might know who I’m talking about.” Sunset said as she took off her amulet and placed it on the vessel. “An old and closest friend of ours.”

“Twi?” Spike gasped hopefully, “You mean, you figured out how to bring her back?”

“Yes, but there was still something I’m missing to bring her back and I can’t figure out what it…” Sunset stopped herself as she looked at Spike, remembering his bond with Twilight and what Sora had told her.

Sometimes, that connection between two hearts is all that you need,

“Wait, that’s it. It’s you!” Sunset realized, pointing at Spike.

“Me?” Spike said confusedly.

“Spike, you knew Twilight longer than any creature, you were practically born from her magic!” Sunset explained, “There’s practically no one more connected to her than you!”

“So?” Spike asked, not getting what Sunset was so happy about.

“If Twilight’s heart is still with us, then your connection with her will be enough to guide her into the vessel!” Sunset said, gesturing to the replica, “Meaning if you can focus on your memories and love for Twilight, we can bring her back and with her help we can save Sunny and the others.”

Spike looked amazed as he looked at the Replica, thinking to himself before closing his eyes and opening them with a determined look, “Do it,” He told Sunset.

Sunset nodded as she placed the replica between them, and put the amulet around its neck. “Twilight, I know that you can’t come out. But I know that you can hear us. And I know that you told us to move on, but it’s not the same without you. Equestria might not need you but Spike and I do need you.”

“You were always there for me and I was always there for you. We were separated for many moons, Twilight. I will not be separated any longer. We’re a family. And family sticks together, no matter what happens.” Spike said with a determined smile.

“We need you back, Twilight. It might not be the same without the others, but that’s nothing new. We know that our friends are always with us in spirit.” Sunset continued. “Even if Equestria doesn’t need you, your friends, both old and new, needs you. Because we know you never leave your friends behind. So please, accept this offer and come back to us. Come back to our friendship, our family, Twilight. Let our heart be your guide.”

Sunset then lit her horn, and focused her magic as Spike held out his chest with a light resonating from it. Then the light floated around as it then circled them before slowly entering the vessel while at the same time, the amulet the vessel was wearing released a purple stream as it exited the amulet and entered the vessel to the spot where the light entered through.

And then suddenly, the vessel then gave off a bright glow as the lights from its chest spread across its body as it gave off a purple glow that shone brightly, blinding the two. And then after the shine, Sunset and Spike opened their eyes and looked at where the vessel once laid as they then gasped.

What they saw was none other than Twilight, who looked exactly how she used to be in her alicorn prime as she opened her eyes while giving a confused look, “Wh-What happened?” She asked as she looked at herself.

“Twilight?” Spike asked slowly as Twilight slowly turned to him and Sunset. “A-Are you okay?”

“Spike? Sunset?” Twilight asked in surprise before she realized something. “Wait, usually when I appear, I come out of the amulet. Is this some kind of new projection that I--” She stopped when she gasped when she saw her actually hoof. “My hooves!” She said as she touched her hoof, actually feeling her fur. “I-I can feel it! I can feel it!” She cheered as she saw that she’s not a ghost or a spirit. “W-Wait, I'm mortal again?!”

“Y-Yeah. You see, Sunny and I found a spellbook that can bring spirits back to the mortal world, and a certain interdimensional friend kinda gave me some instructions on how to make a vessel to give you a new body.” Sunset explained while holding the urge to hug Twilight since she just got back.

“You brought me back?” Twilight said, stunned.

“Well, Spike helped. He had a much more connection with you since you raised him since he hatched.” Sunset said while gesturing to Spike with a smile.

Spike gave a chuckle. “I have always thought about you before we were separated, Twilight.” He said with a smile. “And I’ve missed you everyday.”

Twilight was still speechless by all this as Sunset gave a guilty expression, “I'm sorry, Twilight, I know you said Equestria didn't need you but I needed you, I needed my best friend,” She said sadly.

Twilight then slowly walked up towards her. “I-I know that you passed on the torch to me and the others, but, I-I really missed you and I couldn’t even move on any longer without--” Sunset was cut off when Twilight grabbed her into a hug, which surprised Sunset from this.

“Sunset, thank you. Even when I said to move on, to tell you the truth, I missed having a physical body.” Twilight said with a joyful smile as she kept her hug. “Because then, I was never able to hug you.”

Sunset gave a smile as she returned the hug. “I kinda had a feeling you didn’t like being a spirit in an amulet 24/7.” She said with tears of joy coming out of her eyes. “Even I missed hugging you.”

Spike looked at his two friends with a sad smile as Twilight giggled, “Alright, bring it in ya big softy.” She said as Spike quickly wrapped his paws around the two alicorns and held them tight in his grip as the three laughed at the touch.

“I’ve been waiting a long time to do that to you, Twilight.” Spike said happily.

“W-Well, looks like you got your wish.” Twilight said with giggles. “Wait until Discord, Sunny, and the others see me. They’ll be so surprised.”

Sunset’s eyes then popped open in alarm while Spike shared the same expression. “Oh, shoot, we forgot about Sunny and the others!” Sunset exclaimed in panic.

“Dang! Can’t believe we forgot so quickly!” Spike said while facepalming himself with his paw after he put his friends down.

“Uh, sorry, but what are you two talking about?” Twilight asked in confusion. “Because I’m a bit out of the loop right now because I was just brought back.”

“Twilight, we don’t have much time! Sunny and the others are in trouble by an old enemy of ours!” Sunset started with an anxious look. “And she’s a bit more tough than Opaline!”

“And from what Sunset and the others told me, she’s not one of your friendly types.” Spike added with a nervous look.

“She has the power to mind control other creatures with her voice, make them do whatever she wants!” Sunset explained, “She's using it to mind control Sunny and the others right now!”

Twilight then gave a determined look, “Well, let’s go!” She declared as looked to Sunset, “Where are they?”

“Canterlot!” Sunset said quickly.

“Wait, Canterlot?” Twilight said in surprise. “Huh, that place can’t catch a break even when it’s in ruins.”

“No time for that! Blaize and Tumble can’t hold them if Sunny’s in her alicorn form and Allura is there! We gotta help them!” Sunset called as she turned to Spike. “Spike, get us there now!”

“Roger that!” Spike nodded as he breathed his fire around them as they teleported away.


Back in Canterlot, Blaize and Tumble laid on the ground, panting tiredly. “You… wanted a challenge, huh?” Tumble asked his friend in exhaustion.

“I'm…just getting…warmed up,” Blaize panted as they saw the Mane 6 and Allura standing over them.

“You dragons fought bravely, but it wasn’t enough against my new minions.” Allura said with a smirk. “And from what I see, you two would make find additions in my club.”

“Y-Yeah… sorry. But we tried the whole mind control thing from an evil Fire Alicorn.” Blaize said with a glare. “Not a fan.”

“Oh sorry, I didn't mean for that to sound like a suggestion,” Allura said with an evil smirk, “It was a statement of fact.”

“You know you won’t get away with this.” Tumble said with a look. “Our friends will stop you.”

“Then they will fall too.” Allura said as she was about to use her purr sounds on them, but then she was hit by a rock to the head. “Ow! What?!” She questioned as she turned with a glare.

There standing behind her was Spike, Sunset and Twilight with determined expressions. “Step away from my dragons.” Spike said firmly to Allura.

“Oh, so you returned for failure?” Allura taunted with a smirk. “I thought you'd run away like cowards.” She added as Twitch laughed from that.

Twilight looked at the bunny and cringed, “Yeesh, and you thought Angel was evil,” She told Spike.

“Yeah, compared to those two, Angel was a lot safer compared to that dustbunny.” Spike said with a chuckle, which made Twilight giggled too, knowing that is true.

“And who are you supposed to be? Another Alicorn?” Allura questioned while Twitch gave a glare at the two’s insults.

“Oh, Allura, she’s not just a Alicorn. She’s the Alicorn.” Sunset said with a smirk as she stood next to Twilight.

“I am Princess Twilight Sparkle, and this is my house.” Twilight declared as she lit horn, “And as this realm’s protector I made a promise, to protect my subjects from tyrants like you, always!” She called while her horn lit up with a determined expression.

Allura then stepped back in surprise, sensing the power from Twilight, “What are you doing?! What is this?!” She demanded as Twitch got nervous and hid behind Allura.

“Oh, I’m bringing in an old classic I’ve been waiting for a long time. But first.” Twilight said with a smirk before she created a shockwave, which spread around the area before hitting Sunny and the others, who groaned and shook their heads from that hit. “A little insurance.”

Sunny was the first to come as she opened her eyes, which are back to their normal colors. “Huh, w-what happened?” She asked while rubbing her head.

“Where am I?” Hitch wondered while Sparky gurgled in confusion.

“How did I get here?” Pipp asked.

“When did I black out?” Zipp said, rubbing her head.

“Why is my head so fuzzy?” Misty wondered.

“Who Unicycled with my brain?” Izzy asked as her eyes spun.

Allura was shocked, “No! You broke my spell!” She said in shock.

“You’re not the first mind-controlled villain I’ve faced. And trust me, I’ve seen plenty in my time.” Twilight said with a smirk. “Which is why I always find a way to counteract that trick, reversing your control.”

“I'll just find more servants! And I have what I came for.” Allura told the alicorn, “You can't stop me.”

“Girl, you’re not gonna find suitable servants to even match us.” Sunset said with a smirk. “Because as long as there’s heroes like us, the Guardians of Harmony,” She said while gesturing to her friends and herself. “You will have a bad time trying to take over a piece of land.”

“But not even you can stand up to his power!” Allura said with a growl.

“Wait, his?” Sunset said in confusion before Allura gave an icy roar, causing them to shield themselves against the blast.

When they uncovered their eyes, Allura and Twitch were gone, “She got away!” Blaize called in annoyance.

“By the time we get out she'll be clear across Canterlot!” Hitch stated.

“Let her go. She’s not a threat right now.” Twilight spoke up to them, which got Sunny and the others attention.

“Princess Twilight?!” Sunny asked in shock with wide smiles while the others were surprised.

“It's good to see you again, Sunny.” Twilight said with a smile.

“H-How did you manage to--” Hitch tried to say before Zipp spoke up.

“Wait, Sunset’s vessel actually worked?” Zipp asked in surprise, remembering what Sunset made and showed them. “It brought you back?”

“Yes, it did,” Twilight said as she looked to Sunset, “I am eternally grateful.”

Sunset smiled and turned to her friends with a guilt expression, “Guys, I’m sorry about what I said back at the Brighthouse. There were just things on my chest that I felt I shouldn't have to trouble you with.” She said while looking away.

Sunny just gave a smile. “Sunset, we should be the ones to apologize.” She said to her as Sunset looked at her. “We thought that we were only trying to reason with you, but instead, we made you feel worse.”

“Yeah, you helped us and so many others for so long, we never realized how you felt after so long.” Hitch said with a frown.

“Yeah, we weren’t being sensible to you back there.” Zipp said with guilt.

“But we won't be like that, not anymore,” Pipp said with a smile.

“Yeah, friends lean on friends when friends are feeling sad,” Izzy said with a cheerful smile.

“So if there's something bothering you, you can tell us,” Misty told the alicorn.

Sunny approached Sunset with a kind smile, “We're not going back to the Friendship where you're always the one carrying our problems, from now on, we all carry each other's problems, and if there's something bothering us we tell each other, hoof to heart?” She asked, raising her hoof.

Sunset was surprised by their words as she gave a smile as she raised her hoof and tap Sunny’s. “Hoof to heart.” She said as Sunny then hugged Sunset as the others then joined in as Sunset smiled fondly as she returned the gesture while Spike, Blaze, Tumble, and Twilight watched with smiles.

“They certainly know how to make you smile.” Tumble commented.

“That’s the true meaning of the Magic of Friendship, Tumble. Right, Twilight?” Spike asked with a smile.

“It most certainly is, Spike. It certainly is.” Twilight said with a smile, feeling her times with her friends resurfaced and the times she and Sunset had together when they either hang out or when there’s a situation.


Back near the Crystal Brighthouse, the Mane 8 are sitting around at the picnic with Spike and his two dragon comrades beside them while chatting around. Though younger ponies watched in shock as Twilight was all but devouring her hamburgers, and chucking down more than three smoothies. “Geeze, I never realized I was this hungry.” Twilight said with a smile while enjoying the meal.

“Uh, isn’t she royalty?” Pipp asked Sunset in confusion.

“Heheh, your sister is one to talk to, Pipp.” Sunset chuckle while gesturing to Zipp. “I mean, sometimes I forget Zipp is a princess.”

“You know, she got us there.” Zipp said with a chuckle. “I am a rebel.”

“Ain't that the truth.” Hitch commented as Sparky babbled in agreement.

“And besides, compared to Twilight when she’s been a spirit for sometime in the amulet, I bet she missed having to touch, smell, or especially eat.” Sunset added with chuckles. “I think she’s just making up for the times.”

Twilight then wiped the ketchup of her mouth with another burger before eating whole, her cheeks puffed up as she mumbled in bliss. “She got a point there. We were like that when you and Sunny made our foalhood Wishday’s cookies last year.” Izzy commented.

“Heh, if Opaline sees Twilight like this, she would be disbelieving and weirded out that her arch enemy is like this.” Misty said with chuckles.

“That’s Twilight for ya.” Spike said with a fond smile, even though Twilight is a messy eater, he missed every bit of her.

Twilight then swallowed her burger and gave a slight burp before giving a sheepish chuckle. “Heheh, sorry, ponies. It has been over a thousand years.” She said with a slight blush.

“So uh, Twilight, there’s something I wanted to ask for the longest time but you never could,” Sunny said looking excited.

“Of course Sunny, what is it?” Twilight asked before she was suddenly faced with Sunny’s notebook.

“Can I have your autograph?!” Sunny squealed with her eyes twinkling.

Twilight was surprised by this as she turned to Sunset and the others, who chuckled. “She did the same to me when we first met, Twi.” Sunset said with a shrug.

Sunny gasped in realization, “That's right! And never got it!” She exclaimed before bringing her notebook to Sunset, “Please sign it too, please?!” She pleaded.

Sunset and Twilight looked at each other before they all laughed while Sunny realized that her fan side was showing as she gave a sheepish blush and joined in the laughter as well.

“That’s funny. You’re funny, kid.” Blaize said through her laughter.

“Be glad that I’m too big to even sign an autograph. Can’t do that anymore.” Spike said as he gave a laugh and nudged Tumble.

“So, Twilight, I wanted to ask you?” Izzy said, after calming down, “Did you know that you're the mare Sunset loves?” She asked while Sunset was about to drink her smoothie.

Sunset's eyes widened while in her mind she was screaming in panic as lightning and thunder clashed. She gave a nervous look towards Twilight who looked surprised by what Izzy asked, “Oh, uh, no I wasn't completely aware of that.” She said as Sunset wrapped her forelegs around Twilight.

“Hey Twi, how about Sunny and I show you to your room, personally?” She said with a wide smile, through her teeth.

“Uh, sure?” Twilight said as Sunny led her into the Bright House while Sunset waved to her, still smiling.

Once Twilight was gone, Sunset gave Izzy a murderous glare, “What?” Izzy asked innocently.

“Izzy, we’re gonna have a serious talk about personal things later.” Sunset said through her teeth. “Because it’s one thing to babble things out, but babbling out other’s feelings is way too personal!”

“But friends are supposed to share love, aren't they?” Izzy said with a shrug.

Sunset gave an aggravated groan and stomped into the Brighthouse, “Was it something I said?” Izzy asked the girls and dragons.

They all gave Izzy a brow. “Izzy, you clearly forgot what we talked about during Hearts and Hooves day.” Zipp muttered.


Sunset soon came to the bedrooms where she saw Sunny showing Twilight her section which looked like her old room from Ponyville, “What do you think, Twilight?” Sunny asked as Twilight smiled happily.

“It's just like home,” Twilight said as she gave Sunny a hug and turned to see Sunset, “Thank you for setting this up for me Sunset,” She said.

“Anything for the ones I love,” Sunset said with a smile.

“And the best for the one you love the most?” Twilight asked with a grin and a raised brow while leaning close to Sunset.

Sunset gave a sheepish blush and a chuckle from that. “Izzy's just being Pinkie Pie.” She said while Sunny gave a smirk while holding back her giggles.

“Yeah. She really does.” Twilight said with a smirk and a chuckle. “Something tells me that I’ll feel right at home.”

Sunset just gave a smile and bumped Twilight playful before frowning in thought, “There is one thing that still bothers me, though.” Sunset said, getting Twilight and Sunny’s attention.

“What’s that?” Sunny asked with a brow.

“Back at Canterlot, did you catch what Allura said?” Sunset asked them.

“Yeah, she mentioned ‘You can’t stand up to his power’.” Twilight said with a thoughtful look. “And from what you ponies told me, Allura and her sidekick Twitch were alone and looking for a way to either restore the Nova Charm or find another way back to Starlight Ridge.”

“So the question is…” Sunny started in concern.

“Who is Allura working with? And why?” Sunset finished with a serious look as the three ponies wondered what Allura was planning and who was this ‘he’ she was talking about.


Back in the cave on the beach near Maretime Bay, Allura and Twitch were resting after what happened at Canterlot. “It’s bad enough that we have to fight two Alicorns, but now we have to deal with three!? Ugh, I hate this world even more.” Allura muttered in frustration.

Perhaps if you had just stopped playing games and actually finished them off like I would have, it would have gone differently!” The voice in her head growled.

“Don't get cute with me, brother,” Allura warned as she frowned, “I may not have the Nova Charm but I know there must be something in this accused world that's just as promising.”

And what would that be?” The voice asked in skepticism.

Twitch then babbled to Allura and pulled out an old blue book from Canterlot with a snowflake on its cover, “A book? Our answer is a book.” She said in confusion as Twitch babbled again and gestured to the cover, which Allura realized something. “Oh, it's inside the book.” She said as Twitch nodded.

“Well, reading isn't really my thing but why not?” Allura said as she took the book and opened it to see a picture of a snowy wasteland, “Ooh, now that's what I'm talking about.” She said with a smile and continued flipping through the pages, seeing a city made of pure crystal and a heart shaped cyan crystal in its center, “Hmm, the Crystal Heart? Said to amplify the emotions of those close to it,” she read before flipping the next page.

Then she saw something that really caught her attention: it was a unicorn with an ash Grey coat, a black Mane, dressed in silver armor and red cape, and had curved blood red horns with his eyes glowing green and purple. At the sight of the unicorn, Twitch yelped in fright and hid behind Allura.

“Wow, now this unicorn seems to be my kind of pony.” Allura said with a smirk as she looked at the unicorn while seeing his name on the page, “King Sombra, Dark King of the Crystal Empire. Guess we have a lot in common; We both know that when you want something, especially leadership, you take it. And if you're as powerful as this book says you are, then you're just what I need to make this Realm ours.” She said with a sinister smile while Twitch gave a sinister chuckle.

Allura and Twitch may have been beaten again and her enemies have another alicorn and an old friend by their side, but she found some information that could prove to her useful in the future to get her revenge on them.

End of Chapter 13.

Author's Note:

Surprise! This was done as an original chapter of bringing back an old friend that Sunset missed. And with a few twists thanks to a friend who helped me, Harry Right now, I'm planning on making some original chapters to make things a bit more interesting and something that Allura is gonna study and research about an old enemy from G4. I hope you all enjoy this and be ready for the next chapter on Thursday because things just got a whole lot more interesting.