• Published 11th Jan 2024
  • 1,358 Views, 1,094 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Tell Your Tale: Season 2 - JesusG0987



What If: The Mane 7 adventures continues while facing a snow leopard enemy that is on the lose in Equestria.

  • ...
6
 1,094
 1,358

Chapter 9: Cracked It

Chapter 9: Cracked It

In Maretime Bay, Sunset and Sunny, who is in her Alicorn form, flew by with their smoothie carts attached to them. “Morning, ponies!” Sunny called with a smile.

“Here’s a refreshment to start the day!” Sunset called as she and Sunny then started giving two stallions each a smoothie, which they smiled.

“Thanks, Sunny and Sunset!” The stallion said as Sunny skated on the ground while Sunset continued flying around the streets while Izzy and Pipp were chatting with Posey at Mane Melody as Sunny used her Earth Pony magic to make flower crowns for each of them as she and Sunny gave them some smoothies as they took off with the three ponies smiling at them before the flower crowns landed on their heads and they caught their smoothies.

“Thanks, girls!” Izzy cheered with a smile.

“Oh, thanks!” Pipp cheered.

“Thanks, Sunny and Sunset!” Posey thanked next.

“Anytime, girls!” Sunset said as she and Sunset flew and twirled around in the air while passing by Hitch and Sparky while Sunset was behind.

“Egg!” Hitch called when he saw something in front of Sunny as he waved his hooves to Sunny while Sparky babbled.

“Egg?” Sunset asked in confusion as she stopped while Sunny continued on before she turned to Hitch with a smile.

“Hi, Hitch!” Sunny waved to her coltfriend as Sunset saw something in front of her.

“Sunny! Watch out!” Sunset called while pointing something in front of Sunny.

“Huh?” Sunny asked as she turned and saw a giant egg in front of her, which caused her to scream as she flapped her wings frantically to slow down.

“Uh, oh.” Sparky said in a baby tone as he, Sunset, and Hitch watched in concern before Sunny crashed into the egg, which sent smoothie continents flying as Sunset quickly brought out her magic shield, but Hitch and Sparky weren’t so lucky as some smoothies hit them on their face, which Hitch gave a dull look while Sparky smiled from the taste as Sunset chuckled.

“Wow, we haven’t seen you get hit with smoothies in a while.” Sunset said with chuckles while Hitch gave a bored look.

“Yeah, it has been a while.” Hitch said unamusingly.

“Sorry, Hitch. But you know it was an accident.” Sunset said with a small smile. “Sunny got too distracted by that giant egg to get you your and Sparky's smoothies. Fortunately, I have brought spare smoothie supplies." She then gives Hitch both a rag to clean himself and Sparky and the smoothies for Hitch and Sparky.

“Thanks, Sunset.” Hitch said with a smile while Sparky babbled in agreement.

“You’re welcome.” Sunset said with a smile. “And, also, there’s a giant egg in the middle of Maretime Bay!?” She exclaimed in shock at seeing the giant egg.

“Yeah, that’s something.” Hitch said in agreement.


A bit later, ponies are gathered around while Hitch’s critters use security tapes around the egg, which got Sunny’s splattered image in it with smoothies from the crash while the rest of the Mane 7 inspected it.

“Keep it moving, ponies! Nothing to see here!” Hitch called to the crowd with a megaphone while Sparky repeated his words in baby talk.

Rufus gave a brow from this. “Yeah, yeah. Then how do you explain that giant egg? Huh?” He questioned sarcastically about the giant egg in front of them.

“Mmm, I’ve never seen an egg like this before.” Izzy said in amazement while touching it. “It looks kinda… old.” She said as Pipp and Sunset landed next to her.

“Well, I’ll tell you this, this egg is old and completely hard as a rock.” Sunset commented while hitting the egg, which is really hard. “Harder than any egg I ever seen, if not at all.”

“And a bit drab.” Pipp added before she gasped with sparkles in her eyes. “And seriously needed some glam!” She exclaimed in excitement.

“Yes, Pipp!” Izzy cheered with sparkles in her eyes as well as she levitated some glitter and formed them in the shape of ponies. “Glittery dozenytee! A sprinkle here, and a sprinkle there!” She cheered as she tossed some glitter while Pipp was holding some products.

“Not what I was going, but I saw that coming.” Sunset said with a chuckle at Pipp and Izzy’s ideas as she then grabbed a rag and walked off.

“But where did it come from?” Hitch asked in wonder as Sunset came to Sunny while wiping her with a rag with Zipp to get the smoothies off her while Misty looked through her spell book to find any clues.

“I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about, Hitch.” Sunny assured her coltfriend with a smile. “Just something to make the day eggxtra eggciting!” She joked, while her friends just looked at her strangely from that joke while Izzy smiled cheerfully at her while clapping her hooves. “Eh, see what I did there?” She asked with an amusing smirk.

“Stick to the smoothies, Sunny.” Posey said to her with a bored look as she walked past them.

“Surprisingly, I agree with Posey on this one.” Sunset admitted as she turned to Sunny. “I mean, no offense Sunny, I like doing egg jokes and other jokes as the next pony, but those are overdoing it and a bit weak.” She stated as Sunny frowned.

“It sounded good in my head.” Sunny said with her hooves crossed as Sunset chuckled and wiped some more smoothies off her.

“But you may be right about the egg not being scary. We just don’t know what’s in it.” Sunset said while looking at the egg again.

Misty was still looking at her spellbook before she gave a worried look. “Not to alarm anypony, but it could be an ancient fire hawk of terrible danger.” She said seriously while looking at the picture of a fire hawk hatching from the egg as the ponies behind her gasped in fear, which surprised me.

“She said could be, ponies!” Sunset corrected as she sighed. “Why did you have to read the part of a dangerous creature, Misty?” She asked.

“What? I’m still learning through the book.” Misty said in defense. “Besides, it could be.”

“Well, I know some bunny who can help.” Zipp said with a knowing smile as she pressed on her phone.


At Eggmund’s place, his phone was ringing as Zipp tried to call him, but some blankets got piled up on his phone as Eggmund tried to get his bunny children under control. “Come here! Oh! Down!” He called as he grab a couple and pulled a bunny out of a fishtank and chase after some more. “Where is your brother? No, your other brother. Not him. Your other, other brother!” He called while trying to calm his children down.


Back in Maretime Bay, Zipp is looking at her phone with a frown since Eggmund didn’t answer as she turned to the crowd, who are looking nervous as Sunset pushed Zipp back to the others. “Zipp, you do know that Eggmund has 16 bunny children, right? He’s probably too busy to answer the phone right now.” Sunset reminded her.

“Yeah, good point.” Zipp nodded in understanding. “Guess we’ll have to figure this egg out on our own.” She said as they frowned.

“Which will be tough, considering.” Sunset said while looking at the egg in thought.


A bit later, the Manee 7 are inspecting the giant egg as Hitch smiles at it. “Aw. Last time I found a magic egg, it gave me this little guy.” Hitch said fondly as he gestured to Sparky, who babbled happily at the compliment as Sunny came up to them and she nuzzled Sparky on the cheeks.

“That was a wonderful time for him to hatch.” Sunny said warmly as Sparky giggled as they turned back to the giant egg.

“So, maybe this big guy just needs a little love too. Huh?” Hitch suggested with a wink.

“Yep.” Sparky said in baby talk and a nod.

“Then let’s give it to him, Hitch.” Sunny said with a smirk as Hitch nodded as the two Earth Ponies then used their Earth Pony magic and grew some vines to make a nest as Hitch summoned a giant leaf to go to the top of the egg and brought out a blanket.

“Don’t worry. Dada is here.” Hitch said as he sat on the blanket and rubbed it. “Hush now.” He said in a soft tone while Sunny giggled at her coltfriend’s daddy side.

Below, Pipp and Izzy are decorating the bottom of the egg as Izzy makes a spray-painted version of herself while Pipp is making a star with her color streaks. “Now it’s looking totally gorg!” Pipp cheered before she gave a thoughtful look. “Mmm. But something’s missing.” She said while looking at Izzy’s painting.

“Hey!” Izzy said in offended at Pipp, who gave the unicorn a bored look before Izzy gasped and went up to her painting with a sweet smile and sparkles in her eyes. “Don’t you listen to her. You’re perfect just as you are. Aren’t you, you cuty little Iz.” She said cutely as she then hugged the egg with her painting while making kissing noises before her hoof touched a button with her Cutie Mark on it, which caused her real one to glow as the button glowed, making Izzy gasp in surprise while Pipp surprised by that. “Wow! Look at that!” She cheered as she took off her goggles.

“Oooh!” Everypony said in awed.

“Did-Did that button of your Cutie Mark just glowed when you pressed it, Izzy?” Sunset asked in surprise.

“Yes! I think it did!” Izzy answered cheerfully.

“Maybe that might be the key for this thing to hatch!” Sunset theorizes with wide eyes.

“Now we’re getting somewhere!” Zipp exclaimed with a smile as Misty looked at another button with her Cutie Mark on it.

“What if I…” Misty started before she pressed the button, causing it to glow as she gasped with sparkles in her eyes and a smile before she turned to another button with her mark as she reached towards it, but it was too far for her hoof to reach.

Izzy saw this as she pressed her button again and then the section of the egg started moving. “Ooh! Coming at ya, Misty!” She cheered as she moved towards Misty, causing Misty’s button to get close to her sd Misty smiled as she pressed the second button, causing the egg to crack while her Cutie Mark glowed as well. “Whoo!” Izzy cheered as the two Unicorns turned to Sunny and Sunset and nodded to them with smiles.

“This egg is like a giant jigsaw puzzle! Finding a mark on it and moving it to the right position!” Sunset realizes with a wide smile.

“So if we find our marks and move the egg in a certain position…” Sunny started with a smile.

“Then we can finally crack this thing! Literally!” Sunset cheered, which made her and Sunny share a laugh and high hoof each other.

“Good one, Sunset!” Sunny cheered as she turned to the others. “Everypony, find your hoofprints!” She called.

“Did you say something, Sunny?!” Hitch called out from the top as he stood up, but then his hooves stepped on four buttons with his mark on it as it glowed. “Ah, what?” He asked before he started spinning, which made Sparky cheered in excitement. “Something’s happening!” He called as Hitch spun around before he stopped, looking dizzy as his Cutie Mark glowed.

Pipp was searching the egg for her mark before she found it on the star paint she did as she gasped. “Oh, my, glitter!” She cheered with sparkles in her eyes. “I knew something was missing! Maaaagggiiiccc!” She sang as she tapped her mark, which cracked and caused her Cutie Mark to glow.

Zipp then pressed her four hooves down on the four buttons with her mark on the side of the egg as she looked down at the others. “Ready?” She asked with a smirk.

“Ready!” Izzy, Misty, and Pipp exclaimed as Zipp trained and used her wings to push the marks up as the three mares cheered for her. After a bit of effort, Zipp made it to the spot as it started to crack, which caused her Cutie Mark to glow.

Sunny and Sunset watch in awe as the egg is nearly cracked as it shows their two Cutie Marks on the egg are shown and sparkled as their friends look in awe while Sunny and Sunset look in awe at their Cutie Marks with smiles and sparkle in their eyes.

“What?! I can’t see anything from up here!” Hitch called as he couldn’t see what was going on below from the top of the egg.

“It’s… It’s us!” Sunny cheered with sparkles in her eyes.

“Me and Sunny have our marks in the middle! Like, we’re the source of it all.” Sunset said with sparkles in her eyes as the buttons in the middle of their respective marks glowed as Sunset turned to Sunny. “You ready, Sunny?” She asked with a smirk.

“You know it, Sunset.” Sunny said as she summoned her Alicorn form as she twirled around with Sunset. “With hope. Bright as the sun!” She cheered as she slammed down on her mark with sparkles in her eyes.

“With Empathy, to understand the others and show them the light of the sun!” Sunset exclaimed as she slammed down on her mark as well with sparkles in her eyes as Sunny and Sunset glowed bright.

And then, the giant egg cracked more as it started glowing as the cracks then began to glow. “Whoa!” Zipp said in awe before the egg started shaking, causing the Mane 7 to scream and run off before it cracked completely.

A giant magical hawk-like rainbow creature appeared as it gave a squawk and started flying around, leaving a trail of eggs in its path as it spread its wings and created a firework display, which the ponies gasped.

“Aaah! It is an ancient fire hawk of terrible danger!” Posey cried out. “Run for your lives!” She yelled as the ponies were running away and screaming in fear while the hawk creature kept flying around as some of the eggs fell close to the Mane 7 as Sunset realized something.

“Everypony stop!” Sunset yelled, which got the crowd to stop panicking as they turned to her. “This hawk creature isn’t attacking! It’s flying around and releasing these glowing eggs.” She said while gesturing to the eggs.

“Wait, seriously?” Posey questioned with a brow.

Misty looked at the egg close to her as she picked it up. “Sunset’s right. It’s…” She then opened it to reveal it was a chocolate egg as she gasped.

“Cholcate eggs!” Sunny exclaimed with a wide smile as the hawk flew higher in the sky and gave a squawk as it left a rainbow trail and the chocolate eggs as the fillies and foals caught some and they cheered and laughed in joy.

“Amazing! Ho, ho!” A pegasus stallion in the air called with a smile as the Pegasi in the sky caught their eggs while everypony else caught their chocolate eggs while the Mane 7 caught there’s as well as they watched the whole thing.

Sparky walked by while carrying a stack of glowing chocolate eggs as he placed them down and enjoyed them with joyful babbles.

Zipp’s phone vibrated as she answered it and saw Eggmund on Facetime, looking really messy from trying to handle his bunny children. “Zipp! Did you get my gift?” He asked with a smile.

“It was from you.” Zipp said with a smirk. “It was a tricky puzzle, but we got it.” She assured him with a wink.

“Puzzle? What do you mean?” Eggmund asked in confusion while scratching his head. “The instructions are right…” He brought out the instructions, but then he saw one of his bunny children eating it as he gasped. “Hey! What did I say about chewing papa’s documents?!” He questioned as Zipp gave an amusing smirk. “Aw, spit it out right this instance!” He called before Zipp ended the call.

“Well, that explains why that egg has our marks. And Eggmund really made a great gift to us.” Sunset said with a smile as more eggs fell as she caught another and ate it. “I never seen any surprise or gifts like this in all my life.”

“Neither have we, Sunset.” Zipp said in agreement. “This is a first for us as well.”

“Another day in Equestria, that’s for sure. Never a dull moment.” Sunset said with a chuckle. “Though, it would’ve been better if his children hadn’t eaten the instructions or at least left a note on it.” She said with a small smile.

Sunny then came to them with a smile. “Eh, we don’t need his help cracking the case anyway!” She joked as she gave a laugh as her friends looked at her strangely before they all laughed as well.

“Oh, nice one, Sunny. You’re improving your egg jokes.” Sunset said through her laughter.

“Hahah! Thanks, I just thought it would be eggciting!” Sunny joked again through her laughter.

“Okay, okay. Easy there, young mare.” Sunset said with an amusing smile. “Or the yoke is on you.” She quipped as they all laughed again at the jokes as they and Maretime Bay enjoyed their raining chocolate eggs from the magical hawk.

End of Chapter 9.