• Published 11th Jan 2024
  • 1,358 Views, 1,094 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Tell Your Tale: Season 2 - JesusG0987



What If: The Mane 7 adventures continues while facing a snow leopard enemy that is on the lose in Equestria.

  • ...
6
 1,094
 1,358

Chapter 5: Misty-rious New Room

Chapter 5: Misty-rious New Room

At night in the living room of the Crystal Brighthouse, Sunset and Misty are watching the Frankenstallion’s movie, with Misty huddled in a blanket as said scientist pony comes out from behind a gravestone and looks around nervously, unknown to his Frankenstein pony was behind him.

“He's right behind you!” Misty cried out in fear while holding her popcorn while Sunset chuckled.

“Hehe, he’s gonna get karma.” Sunset chuckled as she turned to Misty, who was shaking in fear. “Come on, Misty. You've seen scarier stuff than this movie after living with Opaline."

“I know, but I never watched these movies before. And I still get scared since it’s my first time.” Misty said shakingly. “I’m just glad you’re here to help me watch it through, Sunset.” She added with a small smile.

“What are friends for, Misty?” Sunset said with a warm smile.

They continued watching as Frankenstallion turned and saw his monster growling at him as Misty dropped a popcorn she was about to eat before Sunset quickly caught it and put it in her mouth as Frankenstallion opened his goggles. But then, a shadow flew over the two ponies as Misty screamed in startle while Sunset looked surprised as Misty dropped her popcorn.

“What in the name of Celestia was that?” Sunset asked as she and Misty looked around.

“Hello? Is anypony there?” Misty asked nervously as she and Sunset looked around before they saw something flying over them, which caused Misty to scream and covered herself in a blanket while Sunset looked in surprise.

“Uh, Misty. Look at this.” Sunset said in shock.

Misty opened one of her eyes and looked and then she noticed her horn is glowing. “Wait a second.” She said as Sunset noticed this as well.

“You’re horn is glowing? Are you doing this?” Sunset asked in confusion.

“N-No. I am not doing anyhting.” Misty answered before the lights turned on to reveal a magic glowing spellbook as it floated in front of them. “Whoa.” She said in awed with sparkles in her eyes.

“A book? Floating?” Sunset asked in shock.

“Where'd you come from?” Misty asked the book before turning to Sunset. “Do you know about this, Sunset?”

“Uh, no, Misty. I did not know. This is the first I’ve even seen a floating book.” Sunset said in surprise.

“Well, let’s take a look at it and find out more.” Misty said as she was about to grab it, but the book flew off. “Whoa!” She called as Misty fell to the floor while Sunset looked surprised.

“That book is quick.” Sunset said as she quickly picked up Misty. “After that book!” She exclaimed as she and Misty chased after it as they ran upstairs.

“Hey! Come back, mysterious glowing book thing!” Misty called as she and Sunset ran down the hall. “Where are you going?” She asked as the two ponies started chasing it before Misty gave a determined expression and quickly grabbed hold of the book. “Gotcha!” She called with a smile before the book started dragging her, which startled her.

“Misty!” Sunset cried out as she grabbed Misty by the waist and tried to pull her, but she was being dragged along as well. “Boy, this book's pull is strong. There’s two of us and the book is still winning!” She cried out.

“You said it!” Misty called out as the two ponies were being dragged by the book.

“Whoa! Whoa, whoa, whoa!” They cried out as they were then dragged to a golden door with rainbows on the side as it opened itself up and opened a portal as the book, Sunset, and Misty were then entered through.


At a mysterious room on the other side of the portal, Sunset and Misty screamed as they exited the portal and fell to the floor, looking dizzy. “Okay, what is it with these mysterious portals?” Sunset questioned as she stood up and shook her head before she saw something that made her gasped in shock. “Misty, you better see this.” She muttered in shock.

Misty stood up and rubbed her head. “See what, Sunset?” She asked before she opened her eyes as she widened in shock before she looked in awe with sparkles in her eyes with Sunset. “Whoa…” She breathed as she looked around and saw that they were in a room.

The room is all purple and has glowing butterflies flying around. But what’s even more breath taken is that the hallway has glass windows of Ancient Equestrian times like the ones in Canterlot as it showed the moments in the history of Twilight and her friend’s adventures, like when they first fought Nightmare Moon with the Elements of Harmony, the time with Cadance and Shining Armor’s wedding, there’s even the exact same picture of Sunny, Sunset and their friends like the one from the blanket they found and put together when it showed them reuniting Ponykind.

“What is this place?” Misty asked in awe as she looked around the room.

“I don’t know. But this is amazing!” Sunset exclaimed in shock before they turned and saw the door closed before it disappeared. “Oh, not so amazing anymore!” She exclaimed as Misty screamed in panic and rushed up and fell as she tried to reach for it before it disappeared completely.

“Uh-oh. Sunny? Zipp?” Misty called out.

“Hello? Can anypony hear us?!” Sunset called next but got no response.

Oh, no! Are we... trapped?!” Misty asked in fear as the butterflies continued to fly around.

“Don’t panic, Misty. We might not see an exit, but I’m sure there’s a way out. So take a deep breath.” Sunset said with an assuring tone

Misty did what Sunset told her as she took a deep breath and sighed. “You’re right, Sunset. There's gotta be some way out of here. The Crystal Brighthouse is our safe place.” She said with a small smile.

“Exactly. Even with a mysterious room, the Crystal Brighthouse is our home. No danger will come.” Sunset said with a smile before she had an idea. “Hey, maybe I could teleport us out of here.

“Great idea, Sunset!” Misty said as Sunset then held her with her hoof and charged up her horn as they disappeared, but a few seconds later, they reappeared back in the same spot, which made them confused. “Uh, any second now, Sunset.”

“That’s strange.” Sunset said as she teleported again, but they were still in the room. “What?!” She called as she tried again many times, but they hadn’t left the room. “What’s going on?! My magic won’t teleport us out of here!”

“This is bad!” Misty exclaimed in worry before Sunset placed a wing on her.

“It’s okay, Misty. Maybe there’s some kind of magic blocking us from teleporting out.” Sunset theorized as she looked around. “And this room magic is stronger than mine. Maybe if we look around, we can find the exit.

“Good idea. Let’s go.” Misty said as she and Sunset walked down the hall while the butterflies still flying around and the history-stained glasses are still showing. “So this is what the Canterlot Palace has when you told me?” She asked Sunset in amazement.

“Yep. Each one represents each important moment in Equestrian history, though I am surprised that it’s up to date with our adventures too.” Sunset said as she looked at the stained glass that she, Sunny, and the rest of their friends did together. “I just can’t believe this is all here.”

Then, Sunset and Misty stopped as they looked with sparkles in their eyes at a room with many books, equipment, and a flag that showed Celestia and Luna using the Elements of Harmony to turn Discord into stone.

“Whoa... What is all this?” Misty asked as she looked around.

“I don’t know, Misty. But from the looks of things, this looks to be some kind of study room.” Sunset answered before looking at the flag. “This picture showed Celestia and her sister Luna defeating Discord for the first time by using the Elements of Harmony to turn him into stone. It’s like old ancient items from my time are resurfacing back up.” She commented in surprise.

“Well, it’s amazing, Sunset.” Misty said in awe as she then looked at a pink wall with flowers on it as she gave a thoughtful smile. “Maybe this opens the door.” She said as she tapped on the flower as it started glowing, making Sunset and Mistly smile widely with sparkles in their eyes.


In the kitchen, Zipp is spreading some peanut butter on her bread as she starts singing. “It's sandwich time, sandwich time, sandwich time, uh, uh, it's gonna be so goo-ood—” She sang as she didn’t realize that she was starting to float without her wings with several items around her. Once she realized what was happening, she gasped in shock. “What?! H-Hey!” She called as she flared around.


Back in the mysterious study room around the same time, Sunset and Misty waited for something to happen after Misty touched the wall, but nothing happened on their end. “I don’t think it’s it, Misty.” Sunset noted.

“Nope.” Misty said in agreement as she let go of the wall.


At the same time, the glow around Zipp and the food around her faded once Misty let go. “Huh? Aah!” Zipp cried out as she fell to the floor with the items as the peanut butter bread landed on her face as she scoffed. “You gotta be kidding meeee!” She complained as she planted her face to the floor.


Back in the study room, Misty and Sunset are searching through some crystals. “Are you a door?” Misty asked as she tapped onto the crystal, which started to glow.


In the bedroom, Izzy is trying on a hat she made with a cheerful smile with sparkles in her eyes, but then her wardrobe starts shaking before it blows a gust of air with a loud belch, which causes some clothes to be sent flying and Izzy’s mane to get all puffed up as she gave a shocked expression from that.

Izzy then gave a frown. “Excuse you, wardrobe!” She said to the wardrobe.


Back in the study room, Sunset and Misty are looking at Celestia and Luna’s tapestry as it glows in the middle of the room. “Heh, knew that Celestia and her sister would still shine.” Sunset said with a warm smile.

“Do you think these lights will help open the door?” Misty asked Sunset in wonder.

“I don’t know. But when has that ever stopped us?” Sunset asked with a shrug. “But when it comes to Celestia and Luna, the former rulers of Equestria before Twilight, they’re full of surprises.” She pointed out.

“Good point.” Misty said as she and Sunset then started moving their hooves through the light to see if anything happening.


At the top of the Crystal Brighthouse, Pipp is in the crystal room, but then it starts turning to a movement before it starts spinning around. “What is happening?!” Pipp cried out as she held onto something as the crystal room spun around very quickly with the rainbow light doing the same.


Back in the study room, Sunset and Misty stopped what they were doing as Misty shook her head. “Nothing's working.” Misty pointed out in defeat.

“I don’t get it.” Sunset said in confusion why rubbing her chin. “We’ve tried every best-case scenario of finding a hidden entrance or pattern, but nothing seems to be able to open the door.” She said.

Misty then flops to the floor in defeat. “How are we ever gonna get out of here?” She asked as she faceplanted on the floor.

“Misty…” Sunset started, wanting to say something to comfort the young unicorn, but the second Misty’s horn touched the ground, it started glowing on its own as it lit up the floor. “Whoa! Misty, your horn!” She called as Misty looked up and saw it with wide eyes as well.

The floor shined completely with the symbol on it as the rumbling, which startled the two ponies as a pillar appeared and the book from earlier flew in and stopped in front of the ponies as they looked at the cover.

“‘The Art of Spelling’?” Sunset read in wonder before Misty eyes’ widen.

“Is this a spell book?” Misty asked as the book shook, as it was a way of nodding. “That's amazing!” She called excitedly before she gave a nervous look. “And scary... And exciting!” She quickly added.

“So you’ve been a spellbook this whole time? You brought us here for a reason right?” Sunset asked the book as it nodded again. “Okay, but why?” She asked again as the book pointed its tip at Misty, which surprised the two. “I think it’s here for you, Misty.” She said in surprise.

“Really! Awesome!” Misty exclaimed as she touched the book to open it, but it repelled. “Whoa!” She called as Sunset was surprised by this as Misty gave a sad look.

“That's strange.” Sunset said as she touched the book next, but was repelled by it. “Mmm, if this book can’t be opened by hooves, then how?” She asked in thought.

“Maybe a magic book needs magic to open it?” Misty suggested with a smile and giggles.

Sunset’s eyes widen from that. “Hey, you’re right.” She said with a smile. “Maybe you should try, Misty. The book did come for you.” She offered.

“Really? Thanks, Sunset.” Misty said as she gloared her horn, but then a small spark of magic popped up as it circled around the book as Misty and Susnet watched, but then Misty was covered in rainbow light as she started floating up.

Sunset watched in surprise. “Misty?” She asked in awe Misty and the book floated up and the magic spark Misty made circled them as it entered her Cutie Mark, which surprised both her and Sunset as her Cutie Mark projection came to life as they watched it enter the book and then it opened up, releasing a rainbow light as the pages started flipping and they landed back down as Sunset watched in awe. “Whoa. Misty, that was… incredible.” She said in awe.

“I know. I didn’t know I could do that.” Misty said in awe as the two ponies then looked at the book as the pages kept flipping until it stopped on a certain page as Misty gasped. “There's a picture of the door. But what are these symbols?” She asked as she looked at the picture of the door and saw two symbols of a star and a swirl around it.

“They look like symbols of a star and a swirl.” Sunset noted before her eyes widened. “Wait, a star, and a swirl. Star… swirl. Starswirl!” She exclaimed in shock. “O.M.P! This room is connected to the elements Twilight and her friends used to have when they were around!” She called in amazement.

“Wait, really?!” Misty asked in shock. “This room was created by Twilight herself!”

“I believe so!” Sunset said with a smile. “I guess with magic still growing, it must’ve created something new! And these symbols of a star and swirl refer to Starswirl! Twilight’s idol!” She stated with a small laugh. “I can’t believe I haven’t noticed this before! And Twilight really looked up to him as well. These symbols might be a way for us to open the door!” She stated.

“But where are the symbols?” Misty asked with a smile as the two ponies looked around before the two symbols from the book started floating, which made the two look awed with sparkles in their eyes as they moved and hopped on each symbol that was on the floor as they glowed up. “The symbols on the floor! That's it!” She called as she then went up to the symbols and started pressing them. “Swirl... Star…” She touched as the magic floated around Misty and landed on her muzzle as she giggled. “And magic!” She called with sparkles in her eyes.

“You sure you got enough to open it yourself, Misty?” Sunset asked in wonder.

“I might seem a little quiet, but my strength is very real!” Misty started with a smile as her Cutie Mark started glowing and so did her horn. “When my cutie mark comes to life, my heart helps me feel!” She declared as she pressed the symbols again, and they started glowing.

“This place is for you to learn and to grow, Misty.” A mysterious male voice as the magic circled around the room as Sunset and Misty watched in awed with sparkles in their eyes. “The door will always be open for you to come and to go. And your friend Sunset is welcome to will help you learn more about the magic of the rainbow.” It said as the door from earlier then opened up.

“The portal! It’s open!” Sunset called in awed as she and Misty looked with sparkles in her eyes.

“Whoa. Thank you, mysterious voice!” Misty called while waving her hoof. But then she turned and saw the pages turning again before a page was ripped out and was folded into a butterfly and circled around Misty as she giggled and it magically fused with her Cutie Mark as Misty glowed bright and shined.

“Whoa.” Sunset breathed in awed as the magic around Misty faded as she looked at the book and gave it a bow as she placed back on the pillar.

“We'll be back soon! We promise! I want to learn everything!” Misty cheered to the book in excitement.

“That’s great, Misty.” Sunset said with a smile before she turned and saw the portal closing. “But we should go, the portal’s closing!” She called.

“Ah! Gotta go!” Misty said to the book as she and Sunset rushed into the portal before it closed completely.


In the bedroom, Sunny is dusting her picture of her and her father as she gives a smile, but then a portal opens up above her as Misty and Sunset fall and scream through it as they land on top of Sunny.

“Oof!” Sunny called as she gave a groan before realizing who was on top of her. “Misty? Sunset?” She asked in surprise as she looked up and saw the portal before it closed, shocking Sunny when she saw that. “Um…” She started as she gave a nervous laugh. “D-Did you two just fall out of a magical door in the ceiling?” She asked in shock as Sunset and Misty got their bearings.

“Sunny, it was incredible!” Misty cheered with sparkles in her eyes as the three stood up. “This magic book came to us and led us to a secret room! It showed me how to use my magic to get out! And it's gonna teach me spells!” She called with her horn glowed with an exciting laugh.

“It’s a long story, Sunny.” Sunset simply said with a smile. “But we’ll tell you later. Right now, it was one interesting discovery the Brighthouse showed.” She said.

“And sorry about the crash landing, by the way.” Misty apologized with a smile.

“Yeah, it wasn’t on purpose. It was pretty random.” Sunset added with a sheepish smile.

Sunny just gave a smile. “Girls, I've lived here my whole life, and nothing like this has ever happened before. You know what that means?” She asked with sparkles in her eyes.

“What?” Misty asked in wonder.

“I think I might know. But how about you answer it, Sunny?” Sunset asked with a smirk.

“Sure thing.” Sunny said as looked at Misty. “The Crystal Brighthouse is exactly where you're meant to be, Misty. You found your special place.” She said, which surprised, Misty.

“Yeah, Misty.” Sunset said with a smile. “The Brighthouse has given you something you’ve always wanted. And now it’s gonna teach you with me helping you to learn more about magic, where you truly belong. With your friends.” She stated with a warm smile.

Misty looked at them with teary eyes before she wiped them and gave a smile. “I think you're both right.” She said to them.

Just then, the door opens to reveal Zipp, Izzy, and Pipp, all are a mess from what happened to them as they gave shocked expressions. “I just got burped on by a wardrobe!” Izzy exclaimed while holding a piece of clothing.

“Everything started floating!” Zipp added.

“What is going on?!” Pipp desperately asked with her mane all up from the spinning.

Sunny, Sunset, and Misty looked at each other from this as they all gave laughs at their friends’ expressions.


Later that night, Sunset was at the Brighthouse's top with the very same Sonic that clashes into her universe a long time ago, the very same Sonic that she's friends with now, as well as the one that saved the entire multiverse.

The two of them were just laughing as they talked about trivial things that nothing had to do with their quest across the multiverse.

"Wait, so Sunny seriously left you injured for a full month?" Sunset asked with a funny face, trying not to laugh again.

"I know, I know, she was quite aggressive there... But it also helped to forge her strength for the final fight with Opaline, so it was worth it!" Sonic replied with a smirk. "Now let's get back to that part where Hitch made a whole damn tunnel to confess to Sunny... That was actually really creative! Mine just took her to the beach and told her he liked her."

"Hey, a confession on the beach is still a really romantic one!" Sunset pointed out with a smile.

"I'm not saying it isn't, but come on! A tunnel where you get to relieve all you lived together?! The ice statue I gave Pipp last Wishday looks tame against that!" Sonic pointed out.

"...You gave your Pipp an ice statue of herself?" Sunset asked with a playful smile.

"And it never melts," Sonic replied with a confident smirk, before raising his orange juice since he and Sunset also had some snacks with them. "The gods bless magic and all the things it can do!"

"I second that!" Sunset replied before they made a toast with their drinks and then proceeded to swallow them.

“And I can’t believe you and Misty found a secret room in the Brighthouse that is made for her to learn how to control her magic.” Sonic said in surprise. “I didn’t even know there was such a thing in the Brighthouse.”

“It surprised me too, Sonic.” Sunset said with a wide smile. “It was made for Misty since I was dragged along with her after seeing the flying spell book, but it’s amazing. Inside seemed to be a room with some spellbooks and other things for Misty to learn magic, and not only that, it also had the exact same stained glass of Twilight and her adventures as well as the ancient Equestrian times like the ones in the Canterlot Castle, and it also has a stain glass version of Sunny’s blanket and a couple of our successes we’ve done since reuniting ponykind and bringing back the magic.” She explained.

“Whoa! Now that’s interesting.” Sonic said with an awed smile. “I wonder if I could find the same thing in my world’s Brighthouse. My Sunny, Zipp, and Tails would have a field day with that.”

“Well, our worlds are roughly similar, so you might be right.” Sunset said with an encouraging smile.

“I get the feeling I’ll search around my Brighthouse when I get back.” Sonic said with an interesting smile as he raised his drink. “Another toast to discovering more secrets to the Crystal Brighthouse.”

“Here, here.” Sunset said as she raised her drink again and she and Sonic swallowed them together.

After they finished with their drinks, Sonic cracked his fingers a bit and started to flex his muscles a bit. "By the way, how you doin' with that resurrection spell for Twilight? Have you brought out a zombie Twilight by mistake?"

Sunset looked at Sonic with wide eyes, before bursting out laughing. "A Zombie Twilight? Seriously?"

"Multiverse, Princess Shimmer. Anything is possible!" Sonic reminded with a smug smirk.

"I think I told you to not call me like that..." Sunset deadpanned.

"And I don't follow anyone's rules but mine, so too bad for you!" Sonic replied, still with the same expression.

Sunset rolled her eyes and chuckled, before sighing and looking up to the night sky. "...We're not making that much progress," She confessed. "Sunny thinks that we just have to increase our magical strength, but I feel strong enough! What else is there that I have to learn?!"

"You're never too old nor too young to learn, Sunset," Sonic pointed out. "Even when everything's at peace, there's always something else waiting for you. If it'll be easier or worse to deal with is always a mystery. All you can do is be prepared... Which reminds me, do you have any clue on what this 'Allura' gal might be up to? Seriously, I hope that if I ever come across her, Tails just reflects her mind control spell on her or something..."

"That's actually a good idea," Sunset said regarding the idea of applying Allura's spell on Allura herself. "As for what she's up to? Not really. All I know is that Sunny's willing to give her a second chance to, well, change and explain herself, I guess..."

Sonic deadpanned after hearing that. "Well, that sounds really stupid... But considering that some of my friends were once people that wanted to kill me, like Knuckles or Shadow, I guess I see her point. I tell you, no matter the universe, she's the same everywhere."

"Right?" Sunset agreed with him. "I guess something good came from this odyssey through the multiverse after all."

"Among other things," Sonic said with a smile, before his expression shifted to a serious one. "However... You think that she's fine with this plan of opening the necklace you have?"

"Why wouldn't she? She's her hero, Sonic," Sunset pointed out. "Sunny's gonna be beyond happy that Twilight's back––"

"I was talking about Twilight, Sunset," Sonic cut her off, strangely, with a frown. "You think she'll be fine coming back? In a world where her friends are long gone? Where she's nothing but a legend everypony has heard of?"

Sunset was not used to Sonic getting this serious. She saw him enraged against Opaline, true, but this was a different kind of anger... And quite honestly, she didn't liked it.

"Look, Sonic, I understand that the only Twilight you knew is the one that currently leads the Secret Society, but I knew my friend," Sunset started to explain. "She was a pillar of hope and the promise of a better future back in Ancient Equestria. Why would she hate to come back and help Equestria even more? Heck, she could even be a great helper against Allura! Maybe she could even help us to reform her!"

"Or she could turn back on you for doing what she told you not to do," Sonic pointed out, and all signs of anger left Sunset to let in some guilt and surprise, but mostly guilt. Sonic, noticing this, sighed and rubbed his face. "I understand why you want to do it, Sunset. Is not only because she's Equestria's former ruler, but is also because you miss her. After all, you're the only pony from your time that's still around. Discord and Spike are here, true, but you're the only equine around that's as old as Twilight, maybe even older."

"...And that's been a really hard thing to forget..." Sunset confessed.

"However, you should also consider what Twilight would've wanted," Sonic pointed out, then he stood up and took out a picture from his quills, one where he was hugging an older, brown anthropomorphic owl. "...I know what it feels like to miss someone that meant the world for you, and if I had the power to bring her back, I know I would try to do so... But I know she wouldn't want me to revive her. She already accomplished her mission in the living world, Sunset... And so did Twilight. Maybe... Maybe is time you let her rest, with her friends, and you keep moving to the future."

After Sonic said this, he looked at his dimensional watch and opened a portal back to his universe, but before crossing said portal, he looked back at Sunset again.

"Death is nothing you should play with, Sunset. And I learned that the hard way when Opaline pushed me past my limits, and it didn't even scratch her..." Sonic reminded her, before crossing the portal and disappear.

Sunset didn't even knew what to say, so she simply looked back at the sky and sighed again. While her desire to bring Twilight back remained there inside of her, what Sonic commented really got stuck in her, and now she started to have lots of doubts... Was bringing Twilight back the right choice? Or is it better to let her go? Whatever the answer is, only time would eventually tell... And hopefully, it'll be pretty soon.

End of Chapter 5.