• Published 16th Dec 2023
  • 750 Views, 52 Comments

A blaze rekindled - RedBlack



An alicorn, one whose life had been nothing but war and despair finally finds peace when a purple alicorn, one he had known to be dead appears for a short while, giving him much needed hope.

  • ...
3
 52
 750

An Ending

*Celestia POV*

As I lean on my sister, I stare at the sky, waiting for Blaze to come out of the portal.

I don't fully understand what this was all about, but I do know that Blaze is on our side, so I hope for his safe return.

As we all stare at the portal, something comes out first.

Is that, the tree of harmony?

"Sister, is that the tree of harmony?" Luna asked me.

"I, believe so"

As the crystal tree fell from the sky, we soon hear the screams of a colt.

Squinting my eyes, I see the flailing colt as his screams almost become shrieking.

"You take the tree" I tell Luna as I light up the leftovers of my magic to catch the colt.

"Fine" I heard Luna answer.

I slowly lower the colt into my arms as the tree gets planted into ground.

"Oh my Faust, Luna come here" I tell her as I stare at the colt.

"Sister? What is it?" she asked before gasping. "Colt Blaze" she whispered and put her hooves to het cheeks while staring.

Although, he was acting quite strangely.

He had a frozen smile on his face as tears streamed down as he hugged me tightly.

Trauma?

"I-I'm not Blaze" he said with a quivering voice and pointed upwards.

Before I asked what he meant, I looked up and saw a falling alicorn colt.

Oh, that's Blaze.

Wait, then who is this?

I take a peek at the tree.

Huh, I don't think I've seen that before.

As I look at Blaze, I keep wondering to myself.

I wonder if he would survive that fall?

It's a genuine thought as I think about the things he's done.

But, before I can do something, his descend slows down as six familiar gems follow him down.

Isn't that, the Elements of Harmony?

Why do they look like the ones before the bearers got to them.

Blaze, the real one, finally touches the ground as he suddenly opens his eyes, releasing a burst of magic that ascended to the sky.

It rose for about ten seconds, then, with a boom, it spread throughout the world as the aftereffects of the war almost disappeared.

Almost.

I think, as I look at where my castle used to be.

We'll have to crash with Twilight for a bit.

"Uh, Princess?" I turn around to look at the pony who spoke to me.

Ah.

This could be an issue.

Ugh, I'm so tired.

"What should I, uh, we?, do?" the pony who asked me was a unicorn with light green mane and a white coat.

The problem was that there was another pony identical to him standing right next to him.

Giving a calming smile, I speak to him.

"Please solve it on your own for now"


*Calming Blaze POV*

After waking up from the short nap, I almost screamed out as every part of my body felt like it was being boiled while shredded at the same time, yet it was still freezing somehow.

Suffice to say, I am very hurt.

What could you expect from literally jump starting the creation of the multiverse.

Also, I'm practically a colt again.

At the moment, I am pretty much empty of magic, therefore, my enhanced body turned back to normal and my hair is also its normal orange.

We were currently sat inside a tent, a temporary meeting place for the leaders of nations that participated in the attack.

King Torch, was participating through a mirror though.

Twilight, having decided not to participate for some reason, just requested building materials then left.

The smell of alcohol filled the air as cheers came from outside the tent.

Plenty of exotic foods and drinks were shared between troops of different races, celebrating their victory and their newfound freedom.

Even the changelings successfully integrated into it, without disguises of course.

Then there was me, currently drinking as much as I could.

"Yak not sure red Alicorn should drink that much"

"Shut up Rutherford, every inch of my body hurts like tartarus right now" I respond as I down another bottle of, something.

I forgot what I was drinking.

"Let him be, he was the star player" Shining Armor, or at least I think it was him, spoke up.

The general consensus was that they agreed, which is good because I'm trying to be drunk right now.

For some reason, my fire completely disintegrates alcohol, stopping me from becoming intoxicated.

So right now, I'm currently focusing on making sure my fire doesn't do that.

I can feel it, the flames just really hate alcohol for some reason.

"So, what do you all need?" Tia asked the others.

"Hmm, Yaks need wood for broken home, Yak will pay in Yak specialty alcohol and bits"

"That's acceptable, we will send workers specializing in construction along with as much wood as you need"

"Grateful, I, Rutherford, will make sure ponies have good stay, we will also be sending gift wagon for hero"

"Thank you" Tia said as I heard a confirmation noise from the other.

Hmm, I'm starting to feel it now.

"Do any of you else need anything?"

"The Crystal Empire is in need of extra food for the year as our farms were harmed during the fight" Cadence started.

"Alright, please send a list of the needed items to Princess Twilight Sparkle. Me, my sister and Prince Calming Blaze will most likely be staying at her residence for the time"

Sounds of agreement.

Hmm, is the room spinning?

Ah, I think I'm finally drunk.

I'm a bit tired, I think I'll head to sleep.


Ugh.

My head.

How much did I drink?

Well, my body feels much better at least.

Grunting as I rose, I pulled off the cover off of me as I barely opened my eyes.

Holding my head in my hoof, I swipe away the crust gathered in my eyes.

With a yawn, I stretch, several pops and cracks sounding out.

Ahh.

Satisfying.

With that, I finally open my eyes to check my surroundings.

As an easy smile grows on my face, it freezes as I notice a few things.

Firstly, the room was made of crystal, most likely Twilights castle.

Secondly, either I'm on the ceiling or the room itself flipped.

What?

I grabbed the bed and let it drop.

Ok, the bed is acting on the same gravity as me, but the rest of the furniture isn't.

Eh, I'll deal with it later.

With that, I head towards the upside down door as somepony opens it.

"Go-AHHH" Pinkie Pie screamed as she, fell?

Is it fell or rose?

"I fell upwards" she answered my question as a giant cake appeared in front of me.

"Thank you" I give my gratitude as I grab the cake and leave the room with Pinkie following me.

"You missed the party yesterday, and I thought I should save you some cake"

"Yeah, some, still thanks though"

Yesterday?

How long did I sleep for?

"Also, did you get a new tattoo? What does it mean?" she asked, which stopped me in my tracks.

"Tattoo?"

"Yeah, this one on your back" she said as she pulled out two mirrors, which I used to check my back.

There it was, a single star, half surrounded by long 5 hexagons in a half circle shape.

"Oh" I give out a small smile as I continue walking. "It means, I'm not alone I guess"

"That's good, it's not a good idea to be alone" she happily said as she jumped along.

In the end, I reach the kitchen, having little to no issue.

"SURPRISE!"

I jump slightly in place as a barrier forms in front of me.

After about a second of observing, I let down my guard.

They all give a chuckle at my expense.

There were the girls, Lu and Tia, the CMC, Buttons and his mom were all wearing party hats.

"Aw, you guys shouldn't have" I calmly say as I hope for them to forget what just happened.

Shit, was today Hearth's Warming?

No, it's not Winter yet, I know that much.

"Of course we should have, it's such an important day for you" Tia spoke up.

"Yes, how could we not celebrate this day?" Lu interrupted while throwing her front hooves up.

"Yeah, uh, exactly what, are we celebrating?" I nervously ask.

They give a gasp, especially Pinkie Pie as her mouth somehow stretched bigger than the rest of her head.

"Uh, your birthday?" Twilight cautiously said as a giant cake behind tilted a bit, showing the frosting that spelled 'Happy Birthday Blaze' before putting it back.

"Blaze" Tia said as she grabbed me from the shoulders, which looked comical with my current small stature. "Tell me the date" she finished as she looked at me with slight concern.

"It's, Uhh-"

Uh.

Crap.

"I, uh, with everything that's been going on, I don't, actually know today's date"

"What about your birthday then, don't you at least know that?" Lu interjected as she smiled nervously.

"Uhhhhh" their looks were starting to turn to concern. "Yeah, it's, uh, June? -ish?" I reply as their faces turned more and more concerned.

"Blaze, it's April"

Oh, wow.

"Yeah, I passed out way too much to keep track of the date"

"Well, that's obvious, but to forget the date of your BIRTHDAY?" Pinkie interjected.

"It's not that big of a deal guys, I just never really celebrated my birthday that much" I try to calmly explain as I move towards the food table.

"Well, you are still a foal at age" Celestia said with that graceful tone.

Wait.

How old am I now?

Wow, I have completely forgotten both my physical age, and mental age.

"I guess so" I simply answer as I take a seat. "Well, aren't we celebrating my birthday then?"

After my question, they get broken out of their stupor as Lu put a party hat on my hat.

"Make a wish" Twilight said as Tia lit 8 candles on the cake with magic.

Ah, I'm 8 years old.

"Don't say it loud~" Pinkie said in a singing tone.

I give a slight chuckle as I think about it.

How about, a peaceful life from now on?

Doesn't sound too bad does it?

With one breath, I turn off the candles and the 8 layered cake slices itself into equal slices.

"Thanks for the party guys" I say as a large smile grows on my face.

Heh.

Life, should be good like this.

Author's Note:

Alright, one more chapter and I'm going to fully close out this story, and as I've mentioned in a comment reply, I will most likely put out a mini story thing where Blaze would be dealing with some other stuff.:eeyup:

It'll probably lean into the slice of life genre more than the others.:duck:

I don't even know what kind of story I would put out yet, so, stay tuned I guess:pinkiecrazy: