• Published 16th Dec 2023
  • 750 Views, 52 Comments

A blaze rekindled - RedBlack



An alicorn, one whose life had been nothing but war and despair finally finds peace when a purple alicorn, one he had known to be dead appears for a short while, giving him much needed hope.

  • ...
3
 52
 750

The pay-off

With a gasp, a colt awakes in his bed at the dead of night.

Quickly sitting up, the colt looks around his room, noticing the familiar surrounding.

"It worked" he said in a high pitched male voice.

With a startle he looks towards a calendar.

Year 1000 of the Sun calendar, May 5th.

Approaching a drawer, the colt takes out a hoof held mirror and looks at himself.

A red coat, much lighter than blood.

A fiery orange mane, much closer to yellow than red.

The orange colored eyes that no longer had the innocent look it once did.

And the little stub of a horn.

A broken bone, as it has always been.

With a weary sigh, the colt sits down on the ground, remembering what his life once was before Equestria was taken over by the villains.

"The thousandth Summer Sun celebration, the beginning of it all"

A bright smile comes to his face.

"The problem is fixed then, I can live a peaceful life"

Tears stream down his face as his body relaxes and the tears of joy and relief lasts until he falls asleep.


[The next morning]

Calming Blaze awakens with an unnaturally speed for him.

With a drowsy mind he gets up slowly and calmly, something he hadn't done in nearly a decade.

Multiple cracks were heard as he stretched his body to the limit and he felt the stiffness of his body melt away.

With a contended sigh and a clear smile, he stands to leave the room.

Leaving the room, he looks around as the familiar hallway fills his vision, bringing back countless memories.

At the end of the hallway, he travels down some stairs, reaching the first floor and reaching the kitchen.

"Good morning honey, what got you up so early?" A pleasant voice asks.

"Good morning mom, and I guess I was a bit excited for the trip" he responded back calmly on the outside whilst crying on the inside.

A decade of preservation and self control wasn't for naught.

The mare standing before him was a yellow coated unicorn with an orange mane and eyes with a kitchen knife on her flank.

"Of course, and you better be excited because we'll be taking a chariot for our destination" she exclaimed with excitement.

"Yeah, Mom, I was thinking last night, what if we move to the other place instead?" he said with hope.

"Oh, what made you change your mind?" she asked with concern on her face.

"Well, Manehattan sounds good and all but, don't you think we would prefer someplace more quiet?"

The mom stares with concern for a few seconds.

And with a sigh, "Well, if you want to dear, we'll be going by chariot anyway" she added with a calm smile.

"Thanks mom" he says as he takes a seat at the table.

"It's no problem hun, everything for my little colt" she said as she hugged him.

He simply hugged back, but tightly, as if he would never feel her hug ever again.

They stayed in comfortable silence for a few seconds before a burning smell came.

"THE EGGS!" she yelled before running to the stove.

Blaze only stared for a seconds before bursting to laughter.

He had missed this feeling.


"A chariot for Ms. Delicate Cuisines? " a gruff voice asked before looking up from his clipboard.

"That is correct sir" the mom responded.

"Ah, please climb aboard then, make yourselves comfortable and my stallions will pack your stuff for you" he said with a business smile.

"Thank you then, come on Blaze, let's go in" she said as she climbed on the chariot.

"Coming mom" Calming Blaze responded as he sat next to Delicate.

He sat there for a moment before faking sleep.

He had a lot to think about now that he had some down time from emotions.

The most obvious issue, the time difference.

It simply didn't make sense.

He was not a magic specialist like Twilight, nor was he knowledge on the subject.

He only knew spells that could be used in battle, not much else.

The spell structure made no sense to him whatsoever, so he could not engineer it, only cast it.

So he couldn't figure out just why the spell had sent him back in time.

If this is the past, then what would happen to the future? Would it be as terrible as it was? Somehow worse? What would change? What would happen?

"Calm yourself" he commanded in his mind.

With a deep breath, he gets his mind in order.

Going by current clues, the time the unicorn named 'Starlight' that Twilight was chasing had caused the change in the past not too far from his return.

The change in the past was something significant enough that it caused a peaceful Equestria to go into ruin as multiple horrors descended Equestria.

The largest and strongest nation, the only nation with four alicorns on their side had fallen in just 3 years.

What was it that was so important that it could prevent the beings which would bring untold disasters upon Equestria.

Then it dawned on him.

The artifacts.

The sixth artifact was a star, it couldn't be a coincidence could it?

If Twilight is involved in this mess, then it could mean that the change had significant effect on Twilights' life.

She could be connected to the artifacts.

The artifacts had god like power, their presence itself filled the area with magic power.

If she was connected, then it could mean she solved the problems in the original timeline.

He finally opened his eyes as he reached the best conclusion he could for the time being.

"Good timing, we're about to land" the gentle voice of his mother rang.

Faking a yawn, he looks out the side to see a fairly large village.

A river ran through the town, a few bridges built over them.

An impressive orchard of apple trees along a farm house and barn.

At the center, a large building he guessed as the town hall.

A building that looked like a giant gingerbread house.

"Plenty of landmarks I suppose" he thinks to himself.

"Looks pretty peaceful" he commented.

"Yes, it's said to be the one of the most friendly and calm town in Equestria with barely an incident in the last decade"

"Sounds nice"

"It does sound nice doesn't it? There's also a pretty famous spa in here apparently" she commented with glee.

"What's this place called again?"

"Ponyville"

"It looks like a good place to live" he said with a soft smile as Delicate looked at him with a playful smirk.

"Since when did you get so apathetic?" she asked while rubbing his head.

He replied with a shrug.

"Since always, I suppose"