• Published 16th Dec 2023
  • 750 Views, 52 Comments

A blaze rekindled - RedBlack



An alicorn, one whose life had been nothing but war and despair finally finds peace when a purple alicorn, one he had known to be dead appears for a short while, giving him much needed hope.

  • ...
3
 52
 750

A Nicer Side of Things

*Celestia POV*

As I calmly eat lunch, I worriedly stare at Blaze, who is currently banging his head on the table.

After the unexpected revelation this morning, we eventually started eating breakfast.

Mmhm, the grilled cheeses were really good.

After the hearty meal and a little banter, I asked him when he would like to start training the guards.

He wanted to start today, so I let him.

Luna went to sleep and I went back to paperwork and dealing with the needs of the day court.

Most requests were, less than satisfactory, to say the least.

Though, I have accepted a few proposals of decorating and preparing the food for Blaze's coronation.

I still need to find him a proper crown.

Anyways, since he spends most of his time in the training grounds, I thought it would be fine to let him work out and guide at the same time.

It was fine, just, not the guards themselves.

It was expected though, nowadays, the royal guard is nothing but a title, not an actual representation of strength nor skill.

Barely two hours in, a few guards rushed into the throne room to complain.

Said something about abuse, but they didn't even have a scratch on them.

Seems Blaze won't be respected until he's officially a prince of Equestria.

After about six hours, I came in for lunch, hoping to see Blaze with a satisfied expression, or at least one of determination.

He was banging his head on the table.

I requested salad and sandwich for lunch after seeing him like that.

"So, how did it go?" I nervously ask as his head turns to me slightly.

Oh my, that glare looks dangerous.

"Celestia, tell your recruiters to recruit ponies who ACTUALLY want the job, not just the prestige, because your current guards aren't guards at all" he calmly said as suddenly got up from his seat and went towards the fridge.

"It can't be THAT bad can it?"

"They couldn't even do pushups, which is ridiculous because it's the easiest exercise considering our anatomy, none of those ponies have ANY kind of intention to actually train and do their jobs, only benefit from the position" He said with a serious expression. "Well, except for one, that one is pretty determined" he added calmly.

"Hmm" I ponder a bit as I put my hoof to my chin. "I'll inform the recruiters to change their requirements"

"Yes, tell Raven about it, she'll know what to tell them, and tell her to inform them this" he suddenly looked at me. "I'll only train those who actually want to improve themselves, not some city slicker, I need guards, not business ponies"

I nod as he goes back to whatever he's doing.

Going back into my job, I get a slight headache from remembering a noble who came in.

The worst part about his complaint, was that is was actually reasonable.

The laser that came down on Canterlot, although only affected, two ponies and one snake, it was still a concern for others as it left behind a scorched crater in its place.

I can't blame Blaze for it, but since everypony believes that it was caused by his ascension, they're worried.

For now, there are no petitions or disagreement with Blaze's innocence apart from a few since he was seen fighting the changelings by the public.

And the support from Ponyville helps quite a bit too.

A chuckle almost escapes me as I remembered the reports.

"He's scary, that's for sure, but he's never done anything bad" a response from Dr.Hooves.

"Uh, he's a bit weird, always acts like a grown up, then he's suddenly more foalish than me" a colt said.

"He seemed to be pretty mature, I'm still a bit surprised he never attended the school" the local teacher said.

I was suddenly woken from my thoughts as I stared at the burst of fire coming from the large frying pan.

What was it called again?

I remember that it was from a foreign country.

Blaze has handling it with his hooves as the contents flipped around several times.

Is that, green onions?

And why is it only the white parts?

He suddenly cracked in 5 eggs, stirring it with a metal spoon as the contents started to mix together.

Although I was slightly worried about fire burning something, it was as if it was magical as the contents remained perfectly normal.

After stirring while handling the pan with care, he suddenly put in several vegetables that got chopped up in the air.

As the delicious smell started to waft through the kitchen, he opened the fridge and brought out some already cooked rice.

Did he leave that this morning?

He put the rice in as the sizzling sound rang throughout the room.

He sprinkled in some seasoning, then plated it equally in 3 large plates.

"Here you go" he says as the plates are placed on the table.

"Smells amazing" I comment as he tops it off with the leftover green parts of the spring onions.

"Did Blaze make something?" Luna barges in with a slightly frazzled mane.

"Whoa, Lu, you good?" Blaze asked as he took his seat.

"Blaze is right sister, what happened to your mane?" I playfully ask as she looks up at her mane.

With a sheepish grin, she casts a spell to make it normal and took her own seat.

As we calmly eat lunch while a delightful conversation is had, a small smile comes to me.

It's a good day today.


*Luna POV*

As I sip a cup of a nice latte, I play a normal fighting game.

Worldly Konflict 1.

After about two minutes, I, very calmly put the controller down as I lay down on the couch.

It wasn't normal at all.

As I silently cry with a frozen smile, Blaze comes into the room with a knock.

"Hey you-oh, uh, are you alright?" he asked while holding a disc.

"I will be if you give me some pizza" I quickly say as my mood turned a 180.

He chuckles and floats it over in front of me, which I quickly proceeded to take a bite of.

"So, what're you playing?" he asked as he took his own slice while looking at the TV.

"It's called Worldly Konflict, with a k"

"Oh, that game? It was pretty violent for something that came out of Equestria" he commented calmly.

"You've played it?" I ask as he changes the game.

"Yeah, I played it with Buttons once, a friend from Ponyville, he was traumatized for a whole week" he said with a laugh.

"I can imagine why" I sarcastically add as I go for another slice.

Hay bacon and potatoes, how does he make it combine so well?

He laughs at my joke as the TV screen changes.

"Which one did you put it?"

"It requires two"

"Oh yeah, I didn't get the chance to play that one"

"Well, let's do it now then"

"Yes, let us"

With that, we spent nearly the rest of the day playing around.

It's always relaxing in his presence.

Author's Note:

A simple chapter after the whole depression thing.

I thought it would be needed, and it also serves as something like a break for me:rainbowwild: