• Published 19th Nov 2023
  • 290 Views, 0 Comments

Brotherly Troubles - KaylaBlues



Thorax runs away. Pharynx experiences a mental breakdown.

  • ...
 0
 290

The runaway/Meeting Spike

It sucks to think that my brother wasn't really my brother at all. All those pranks, protectiveness and encouragement were fake all along? I couldn't believe Pharynx could turn his back on me like that just to keep his image...

I followed them back to the center of the hive. I still stayed as a parasprite. I plan to leave the hive, it's not where I belong. I flew out of the hive without hesitation.

It was the second time I've been out here so I don't know the way around here, so I guess there's only one place to go.

Canterlot

I tried to remember the direction to Canterlot. I looked down to look at the signboards to check wether I was going towards the right direction. After hours of flying, I decided to look for a spot to rest without getting spotted. There were tons of places in Canterlot filled with ponies so I flew to a different direction.

This time, the temperature was pretty cold. It made the wind stronger. My parasprite form was starting to get really weak, so I turned back into my changeling form. There were snowflakes and fields of snow here.

I saw a place near to a ravine. It's not really a place ponies liked being near to, so I rested there for a couple of minutes.

The rest ended quickly than I thought. I felt a huge wave to love power coming nearby. Was it another wedding? Is that why the power is so strong? I couldn't control myself that well. I tried to get away but it's really good...

I flew closer to absorb the love. Wait! No! I pulled myself back from it. Just then, I saw something. It wasn't a pony. It was a dragon. I haven't seen a dragon this small before...Oh shoot! He's coming closer... And his love is also strong! Agh! Forget it! It'll be less painful if I transform into him. I transformed into him, make him think that it was his reflection instead.

"... Just my reflection. Huh? Ha! Ha-ha! Hmm. Just my imagination, I guess..." The dragon spoke. Once he turned away, I charged at him...

"Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-changeling!" He ran off screaming for help. Damnit Thorax! What were you thinking!? I hurried towards the dragon.

"No. Wait! Come back!" I shouted, trying to get his attention.

The dragon ran too fast, he wasn't even paying attention to where he was going. He fell into the ravine. I flew over to him and grabbed him with my legs. "The ice is pretty slippery. I wouldn't want you to get hurt because of me."

The dragon looked at me. "You... saved me?"

I looked away sadly. "It's okay. I know you don't wanna be friends." Everypony doesn't want to be friends with a changeling... I flew away.

I stopped as the dragon asked me. "Wait! I don't understand. Changelings are supposed to be evil... right?" That's what I thought too.

I told him, "Evil? Oh, not me. All I've ever wanted is a friend." I did have one though, who was also my brother, but he betrayed me...

I started telling him about how I got here. About my past, about the attack, about how I'm literally craving for love right now.

He then told me the reason why there's so much love in the Crystal Empire. "That would be from the royal Crystalling. It's pretty much a giant outpouring of light and love for a new baby". Turns out there's a new member in the Crystal Empire.

The word love is just so... Satisfying to hear and I want it now! I hissed at the dragon. I pulled myself back. "Oh, sorry! I'm just so hungry! If I had a friend, maybe the love we shared could sustain me, but I don't think the Crystal Ponies want to be friends."

He then told me a really foolish thing I find hard to believe. "What if I told you there was somepony they respect and admire so much, he could convince them to give it a try?" I looked at him with confusion and disbelief.

"It's me, Spike! Spike the Brave and Glorious? I'm sure you've heard of me." What does he mean by that? Doesn't he know that I Iive with changelings and not ponies?

"Nope. But I was raised by an evil queen. I'm Thorax. I can't believe you want to help me." I told him.

"Why? Hasn't anypony ever just been nice to you?" Spike asked. If they know I'm out here, definitely not... I accidentally hissed at him again.

"Uh! S-Sorry! Kindness like that kind of brings it out. Do you still wanna be my friend?" I asked. He said yes.

I hissed at him again, that yes has became a "But... maybe I should just, uh, talk to them first."

Author's Note:

Yes. Several of the lines were taken from 'The times they are a changeling'.