• Published 19th Nov 2023
  • 289 Views, 0 Comments

Brotherly Troubles - KaylaBlues



Thorax runs away. Pharynx experiences a mental breakdown.

  • ...
 0
 289

The plan/interruption of the royal wedding

Queen Chrysalis is the queen of the changelings, the mother of every changeling. Me and my brother Pharynx are one of those children she birthed.

While we all may have been her children, we are still like strangers to one another. All of us live in the same hive, part of the same culture, birthed by Queen Chrysalis. Still, I feel like I'm just another changeling. Even Pharynx doesn't seem like family to me. He's more of a mentor than family.

This day just proves that everything that I assumed was true after all.

Queen Chrysalis sat on her throne. Her throne is not like any other thrones. Her throne is made of an ancient dark stone, what stone it really is is unknown. It's not really our business to know about it anyway. Most of us don't want knowledge, we want love...

Queen Chrysalis announced that today is the day we will have our most successful takeover ever. All of the changelings were whispering, some like me were didn't, but are also curious about this 'takeover'.

The queen commanded us to be silent, but there were still whispers in the hive. Queen Chrysalis was furious. She roared loudly, "SILENCE!" every changeling went quiet. Chrysalis looked around and continued to speak.

"What a bunch of disobedient bugs...Anyways, for this takeover, ALL of you are coming. We are going to the Canterlot." It was weird why she wanted to attack this place. Normally, we'd go to a place full of love so that we can absorb them. Canterlot sounds unlike a place like that.

"Canterlot is the capital of Equestria, ruled by the princesses of day and night- but that's not important...There is a wedding in preparation now. Now, we all know what weddings mean..." She grinned evilly.

The crowd of changelings, including my brother chanted "MORE LOVE! MORE LOVE! MORE LOVE!", I find it pretty awkward saying that so I just mouthed the words instead, while maintaining an evil look.

Queen Chrysalis seemed impressed. She nodded and said "Since this is a ROYAL wedding, it's double the love power!" The crowd cheered in unison.

"Well, you know the drill. I will replace the bride and drain the groom's love while you do the same to all the other ponies. Now go! Go! Go!" And every changeling took off.

When we reached Canterlot, we noticed there was a barrier around the entire city, perhaps, to protect it. Queen Chrysalis had a change of plans, she told us to work together and break the barrier. She then shapeshifted into a beautiful pony with curly hair, maybe that was the bride. She went in and vanished from our sight while we started to break the border.

The barrier was powerful, it took a while to break the barrier, but we managed to nail it. Queen Chrysalis might have already drained the groom's love that the magic of the barrier grew weak. We made our way into the castle and attacked the ponies. Every changeling were flying at every direction, I felt a shiver take over me. The ponies seemed really innocent, I didn't want to attack them...

I felt something hit my back, I turned to look. It was Pharynx. His expression was readable. He was clearly disappointed and confused that I was just standing there like a lost dog. "Well?" He said "Have you drained anypony yet?" I slowly nodded, I was afraid to disappoint him. "Good" he said, and he flew away to drain another pony.

When we were just about done draining the entire city. We were ambushed by a strong force of magic.

We were deafeated. I failed my own kind.

The magic was powerful enough to send us back to where we came from, the hive.