• Published 19th Nov 2023
  • 289 Views, 0 Comments

Brotherly Troubles - KaylaBlues



Thorax runs away. Pharynx experiences a mental breakdown.

  • ...
 0
 289

The unwanted sacrifice

Thorax pleaded Pharynx to get off him as he pinned Thorax to the ground hissing violently at me. Thorax stared at his brother with shiny eyes. Pharynx flinched away from Thorax and glared back at him the next second. I can't do this... he thought. Even if he was hungry and desperate for love, he couldn't just feast on his brother mercilessly. He'd rather do it on a pony instead.

"You're hungry." Thorax said. "You have to feed, immediately." He sighed dramatically. "On me."

"I won't," Pharynx said, his voice was trembling and soft but steady. "Feed on you, I'll find a pony, or another creature." He finished as he slowly walked away.

Thorax flew after his brother and stood in front of him. "No, you won't feed on ponies or anything else. You have to feed on me." He looked away from Pharynx. "I actually want you to. I don't want to live a life like this. It's not what I want to be like. Besides, Queen Chrysalis wants you to do this too. It's what's best for you, Pharynx." He told Pharynx.

Pharynx opened his mouth to argue. "But it's not what's best for you-"

"What's best for me is that I leave the hive and and never come back!" He shouted. He gasped and covered his mouth and calmed down. "That was actually why I left the hive. I didn't want to be a burden and a letdown, your weakness..."

Pharynx looked at Thorax and chuckled slightly. He rolled his eyes. "Weakness? Ha!" He stared at Thorax with a straight face. "What are you talking about?"

Thorax's expression dropped instantly. "Don't you get it...? If I wasn't here, you wouldn't have to worry about me everytime. You can focus on other stuff that way."

"What other stuff there is?" Pharynx asked. "My job and you are the only thing I focus on."

"Exactly! You can focus only on your job without the thought of me brothering you." Thorax said with a sigh of relief.

"Protecting you is part of my job!" Pharynx hissed.

"Protecting me means protecting the ponies and I know you hate ponies so protecting me and protecting the hive or Queen Chrysalis are two different things!" Thorax yelled with tears forming in his eyes.

"I can have both." Pharynx said steadily.

"No, you can't." Thorax argued. "And you never will..." He flew away sobbing. He looked back at Pharynx. "Me or the hive. Your choice, and don't even think about lying again..."

Pharynx stood there melancholy, his eyes dropping with sadness. He walked away slowly as he was still hungry but he didn't care. It was one of the first things he learnt to do when he was leader of changeling patrol, to fight through the pain and endure it."

Pharynx walked across the hive as he saw all the changelings either fighting or roasting each other. He turned to two changelings and stopped as he tried to get away. The two changelings glanced at him and smirked evilly as they stepped up.

"We heard that you got demoted... Well, that's sad..." Axery said as he slowly rolled his eyes. His voice then sounded thrilled. "But, hey, atleast you don't have to choose now."

Pharynx looked down and shut his eyes. He eyed flashed towards Axery and Rythe as he slowly said, "Yeah, totally. The price I had to pay is getting sucked by Queen Chrysalis. Isn't that amazing?" He frowned and muttered something under his breath.

Axery and Rythe listened in horror but then bursted into laughs. Axery then teased Pharynx in a cold manner with a half-smie. "Ouch. That must've hurt." He stared at Pharynx. "Didn't it?"

Pharynx sighed. "Yeah..." He walked towards Axery while maintaining a fierce look. "And you are the last changeling I wanted to see after that happened. Then I thought, I couldn't bring myself to feed on my brother, I care about him. Nor I can find a pony outside... Why not feed on the changeling i never wanted to see in the first place?"

Rythe stared at the two of them and flew away swiftly. Axery glanced at Rythe ad yelled at him to get back but it was too late. He looked back at Pharynx and cursed at him harshly.

Pharynx expression turned more furious and desperate. "Consider this payback after all you've done..." He then started to suck out Axery's love with no mercy whatsoever.

Thorax was looking at the view as other changelings started to gather around Pharynx and Axery to see what's happening. Huh? He also squeezed through the crowd of changelings cheering and gasping in horror at what they're looking at.

Thorax tried to reach out to his brother to stop but Pharynx was clearly taken away by rage. Thorax sighed and flew towards him and reasoned with him the best he could.

"I told you to do it on me! Not Axery!" Thorax pleaded. "Get of him...please..." For me...

Suddenly, there was a loud voice of anger booming across the hive as Queen Chrysalis flew into the hive.

" WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!?"