• Published 1st Nov 2023
  • 695 Views, 49 Comments

Family Matters - TheKing2001



After Sunset finds out Spitfire needs surgery, she abandons the human world temporarily to spend time with her sister.

  • ...
3
 49
 695

Chapter XXX


Sunset


“I’ll see you in a few days,” Soarin promised as I stood in front of the mirror with my sister.

“I know,” Spitfire said casually as Soarin kissed her. I turned red as Spitfire grinned and slapped his flank with her tail and I gagged.

“I could have gone my entire life without seeing that,” I grumbled under my breath. “You two are worse than AJ and Rarity.”

The two burst out laughing as I looked over at Derpy. Everyone else had went through the mirror except us.

I waved Derpy over with a hoof and pressed my lips to hers as she let out an eep sound before sighing contently and kissed me back. Her tongue was rougher and wider than when she’s a human. I don’t know which is better, both are amazing.

She tasted like a mix of blueberries and muffin mix as I pulled away. We both looked at Soarin and Spitfire turning red as Derpy and I burst out laughing.

“Looks like we won,” Derpy said with a smug smile as she placed a wing over my back.

“Looks like it,” I agreed readily. “Wanna go again? Or we can spare them and wait till we get home and cuddle on our bed?”

“Both,” Derpy purred as I snickered and planted kisses around her face.

“Your wish is my command dear.”


“I’m so going to throw up if you ever make out and grab your marefriends flank in front of me again,” Spitfire tossed me a dirty look as I gave a laugh.

We sat on the couch as Derpy snored quietly curled up in a ball next to me as Vinyl, Sunburst, mom, aunts and siblings watched Home Alone.

“You can try,” I whispered back with a smug grin. “At least that’s all we did.”

“Oh I would have bucked you into next week,” Spitfire warned with an eyeroll. Ruby glanced over as Sunburst allowed her to sit on his lap.

“Relax, I’m playing. That stuff we do is private for obvious reasons. Nobody watches us do it,” I whispered back.

“Shut up over there,” Vinyl nudged me playfully. “We’re trying to watch a movie.”

“Make me DJ girl,” I snickered as I shoved her back. “Surprised Octavia couldn’t make it.”

“She has a cold and pretty much told me to get out of the house when I visited everyday. Practicing my wubs when she is sick isn’t always the greatest idea for the record.”

I shivered slightly. While I’ve never seen Octavia angry, Rarity told me one story where Octavia got angry and it convinced me never be on the receiving end of her anger.

“Muffins,” Derpy muttered as I shook her and she sat up, rubbing her eyes. “Oh you’re all still here.”

“I’m surprised you’re awake. Going through to Equestria usually knocks you out longer than an hour and a half,” I checked my phone before setting it back down.

“I slept well last night.”

I vaguely remembered last night, mainly just us going to one of Pinkies Christmas party at school and passing out from a migraine. Migraines are evil but they do make people sleep easy. Medicine helps too of course.

“So how’s school been?” Sunburst asked as I laughed and watched a paint bucket slam into the guys head.

“Decent. A bit hectic with finals coming up but I think I’ll do fine,” I said and wrapped an arm around Derpy and Fluttershy with grins. “We will do fine. Been hitting the books hard.”

“I’ve woken up at like four in the morning to go to the bathroom and she’s still at her desk studying or asleep on her desk. Then I have to drag her to bed,” Derpy rolled her eyes.

“I respect the dedication but sleep is an important part of passing a test Sunset,” Aunt Minuette said as she set her hot chocolate down. “Don’t wear yourself out too much. It’s winter break, have some fun girl.”

“We will,” I promised and yawned. “We’re all going downtown tomorrow night to look at the Christmas lights. Don’t know if Octavia will be joining us but all the others are. Got work tomorrow morning snd then I’ll be off for a few days.”

Sweetie Drops usually closed the entire week for Christmas except rare occasions according to Applejack. Apparently the two families have been doing business ever since freshman year. Except the time of anon a miss where Sweetie Drops and Bon Bon had cut off all ties with them and got their money back for all the produce they had bought off the Apples.

“Oh I’ll make Octavia come,” Vinyl proclaimed with a grin. “Sick or not, she is coming with us. She might end up taking my head off at the end of the night but hey, we will have fun at least!”

“I didn’t think getting your head taken off was a definition of a good time,” Fluttershy said softly as she shook her head. “I think I prefer your head where it currently is.”

I think we all preferred that in all honesty.

“I’ll be fine. I can run faster than Octavia can,” Vinyl said confidently before muttering I hope so under her breath.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Octavia run before in all my life. I’ve seen her gallop as a pony but that’s kinda different than her running as a human.

“Alright it’s been real but it’s Ruby’s bedtime,” Aunt Berry stood up and stretched. “We will be back in a few days most likely. See you girls around, love yall.”

“See you guys,” I waved lazily after hugging Ruby and my aunts before they walked out the door, shutting it gently behind them.

“I’m going to bed. Goodnight,” Scootaloo waved as she stood up and walked up the stairs. It was pretty late and we were all tired after today.

“Come on,” I told Derpy. “Let’s go to bed. Spitfire and Sunburst, you remember where your rooms are?”

“Yeah,” Spitfire confirmed as Derpy ran quickly up the stairs as I followed at a more subdued pace. Our door was half open as Derpy was climbing in bed as she yawned.

“Goodnight Derpy,” I said as I pulled my shirt off and put a pajama shirt on I had hanging up nearby.

I waited for a response and got a quiet snore instead as I burst out laughing.

“Yeah, that’s how I feel too tonight.”

Author's Note:

Home Alone is the best Christmas movie, I don't give a shit what anyone else says lol.