• Published 1st Nov 2023
  • 695 Views, 49 Comments

Family Matters - TheKing2001



After Sunset finds out Spitfire needs surgery, she abandons the human world temporarily to spend time with her sister.

  • ...
3
 49
 695

Chapter XVIII


Spitfire


I stood in a large room groaning along with Princess Celestia and Sunburst as Twilight smiled faintly.

“First few car rides are always an experience,” Twilight giggled as Sunset and Lyra set up some shiny metallic items with cords.

“I see that,” Princess Celestia said as she sat up straighter. “What is this room?”

“It’s where we record all our songs and practice. We call it the studio but it’s actually just Lyra’s basement,” Rarity admitted. “Sunset and her friends used it before they extended their gracious invitation to us as well.”

“I see. So we will be getting a royal performance?” Princess Celestia asked curiously as Sunset chuckled and nodded.

“Lavender is gonna be practicing a song that she is gonna perform at our next show,” Trixie explained as Sunset lifted up a guitar and strummed it experimentally before giving a satisfied nod.

I didn’t know much about the blonde haired girl except that she was especially confident of herself and was close to Sunset. I’d say Sunset had more friends than I did in all honesty and I felt a pang of jealously that I quickly shoved down.

No need to be jealous. This is one of the few things my sister and I don’t have to compete with each other over. Besides, I have Sunset, Sunburst and Soarin. Apparently my sister’s friends like me a lot too surprisingly.

“You look better when I’m drunk, you look better. You look better when I’m drunk, you look better,” Rainbow started with a faint smile as Lavender took a step forward.

“It’s the right night to make the wrong moves, got a bad case of nothing to lose. When the light’s out, we have an excuse
is this romance or is it the juice?” Lavender sang as she glowed a lavender color.

“I might be crazy but I think tonight has only begun. You’re not my normal type but we can make an exception,” Adagio sang and shot Princess Twilight a wink who promptly blushed.

“A little less thinking and a lot more drinking that’ll work for me tonight. When the room starts spinning and we stop sinning, I begin to realize,” Lavenders voice raised as she stood with a confident smile in front of us. “You look better when I’m drunk. You look better drunk, you look better drunk, you look better drunk, you look better when I’m drunk.”

“It’s about time I learned my lesson, this lesson under my skin. it’s a new night, a new location so I wait for the buzz to kick in,” Lyra, Lightning and Rainbow sang.

“A little less thinking and a lot more drinking that’ll work for me tonight. When the room starts spinning and we stop sinning, I begin to realize,” Lavender sang as Princess Celestia gave an impressed look her way. “You look better when I’m drunk. You look better drunk, you look better drunk, you look better drunk, you look better when I’m drunk.”

“Hey DJ, spin the soundtrack to bad decisions,” Bon Bon, Derpy, Octavia, Fluttershy and Rarity sang. I won’t act like some music expert but their voices blended together very well. “And these drinks make me lose my self-control.”

“Hey DJ, spin the soundtrack to bad decisions,” Pinkie and Sci Twi sang. “And these drinks make me lose my self-control.”

“You look better when I’m drunk, you look better. You look better when I’m drunk, you look better. You look better, you look better when I’m drunk,” Lavender finished as she inhaled. “Haven’t sang like that in a minute, good lord.”

“For a world that doesn’t have regular town sing alongs,” Princess Celestia began as they all gave us hopeful looks. “You all sing very well. I miss Sunset’s singing, it used to echo down the castle halls.”

Sunset turned bright as the others all gave laughs as Derpy wrapped an arm around her.

“She is very good at singing. I love hearing it. She sings in the shower often,” Derpy teased as Rainbow laughed.

“Not the only singing she does,” I muttered under my breath as Rarity choked on the water she had been drinking. I forgot she had worked her way over to me.

“How did you all do that glowing thing?” Princess Celestia asked as they all shared a look with Twilight.

“We pony up whenever we play instruments or sing. Or display true parts of ourself,” Twilight explained. “Magic for me and Sci Twi, loyalty for well Lyra now. Equality for Lavender, she and Starlight get along very well because of that view.”

“And these geodes,” Rainbow said and handed one to Princess Celestia. “I can’t believe you’re related to Spitfire! That’s so awesome!”

“Most definitely came from the tree of harmony. How, I don’t know. Most likely from Starswirl somehow or Clover the Clever,” Princess Celestia reasoned as she handed the geode back. “I can feel the magic in it.”

“You can just feel magic?” Fluttershy asked curiously as she tilted her head.

“All Equestrians can,” Sunburst confirmed. “Adagio, Aria and Sonata can as well as Princess Twilight, Princess Celestia, Spitfire, Sunset and myself. Most likely coming from Equestria where magic is very prevalent for all three tribes.”

“And me!” Spike growled as the dog jumped out of Pinkies hands. “Now where is my counterpart? I wanna play tug of war!”

“Outside,” Sonata said as she pointed. Spike took off with barks as Sci Twi laughed. “Wait, I’m coming too!”

I gave a rare laugh as Sunburst raised an eyebrow slightly.

“Where is my counterpart?” I asked suddenly. “I wanna talk to her.”

“Most likely at her house. You can see her tomorrow if you wish,” Sunset said casually as she squeezed Derpys hand.

“I’d like that,” I said as Applejack and Octavia both gave me wary looks.

“Why do ya wanna see her?” Applejack asked suspiciously as I shrugged.

“No reason. I just want to have a conversation with myself,” I said as I stared into their eyes. Main part of lying was to maintain eye contact. Breaking it is a sign of guilt.

Me and my counterpart were going to have a few words.

Author's Note:

So I've done thinking about what singers voices would work best for the group. We already know Sunsets and the Rainbooms along with Trixie, Lavender and Fuchsia but the others haven't sang in the movies. Not where we heard them at least.

Lightning: Syd Duran from Valora.

Bon Bon: Amy Lee from Evanescence.

Lyra: Jen Ledger from Skillet.

Vinyl: Izzy Hale from Halestorm.

Derpy: Faith Hill.

Octavia: Nita Strauss.

And all rights belong to the original owner of the song used, as always.