• Published 1st Nov 2023
  • 695 Views, 49 Comments

Family Matters - TheKing2001



After Sunset finds out Spitfire needs surgery, she abandons the human world temporarily to spend time with her sister.

  • ...
3
 49
 695

Chapter XXV


Indigo


I tucked the soccer ball under my arm as we all walked into Sugarcube Corner where Sunny, Sugarcoat, Lemon, and Vinyl were waiting.

“Hey you guys,” I greeted them as I flopped on the seat next to Sugarcoat who promptly scooted over and rolled her eyes.

“You could have asked before you sat on my dress,” Sugarcoat said flatly with a bored tone as I groaned.

“Sorry. How was the rest of your guys school days?” I asked as Sunset slid in across from us. Rainbow, Sweetie Belle, Cloudkicker, Tennis and Mystery sat a table nearby.

“Quite an intriguing time,” Sunny commented as she brushed her hair aside. “How about you dearie?”

I shrugged as I watched Pinkie plop down several shakes in front of us before she skated off to another table.

“It was okay.”

“Boring.”

“Such a fun time.”

“Decent.”

We all looked over to Lemon who was busy sucking up her shake before she spit the straw out with wide eyes and gave a pained cry as she grabbed her head.

“Brain freeze!” Lemon cried as she slammed her head on the table and we all chuckled. “Sour, help me!”

“You did that to yourself,” Sour answered as she stuck her straw in her mouth. “Suffer the consequences.”

Lemon let out a pained, sexual sounding moan as Sunset and the others turned red. Sunny Flare hid her face in her hands as Sour groaned.

“Never make that sound again Lemon,” Sugarcoat told her as I laughed. Vinyl sat watching with a grin as she rolled her eyes.

“So how’s Scootaloo?” I asked and leaned back in my booth. “And Silver and Diamond?”

“They’re okay. I have to help them with homework tomorrow night,” Sunset sighed. “I love those girls but helping with their homework is always a struggle while also trying to get mine done.”

I agreed with that. At least Canterlot High homework was way easier than CPA work. That shit made me want to kill myself some days. Surprised I was even able to do my sports for the school.

“Just one more person- ah there she is!” Sunset grinned and stood up as Twilight walked in and looked around as Sunset waved her over. “Twilight, hey girl!”

“Oh uhm hey,” Twilight’s eyes drifted over to us nervously as we all looked down.

“Hey,” Lemon said awkwardly as she rubbed the back of her head. Out of all of us, Lemon was the one with the least amount of issues with Twilight.

“Oh look, Rainbow is waving me and Vinyl over. Twilight, why don’t you stay here for a moment?” Sunset suggested as she and Vinyl took off towards to other booth.

“Fudge,” Twilight muttered as she sat down across from me. “So uh how’s the weather?”

We all looked outside the shop at the snow starting to fall before looking back at her.

“Right,” Twilight said. “Snowy. How you girls practiced soccer in shorts and tee shirts, I’ll never know.”

“I wear leggings under my dress so,” Sugarcoat shrugged and sucked on the straw. “Keeps me warm.”

“And Indigo is just a freak of nature who can wear shorts in any fucking weather,” Sour scoffed as she tossed a cherry in her mouth.

Twilight stayed silent as Sunny coughed.

“So dearie, we haven’t seen much of you. Are you ah, alright?”

“Fine.”

“We’re sorry,” Sugarcoat mumbled as Twilight opened her mouth and Sugarcoat held up her hand. Twilight closed her mouth and looked up at the ceiling. “For the whole Friendship Games thing. Me being overly blunt, forcing you into releasing the magic and years of being a jerk.”

“Same here,” Sour chimed in as she played with her hands. “Sunny and I were worse. Sugarcoat is just blunt because she thinks it’s helpful to point out where people’s mistakes are, she just does it wrong. But we made fun of you for fun.”

“And that’s even worse,” Sunny added. I had already apologized so we all looked at Lemon who lifted her head.

“Yeah I’m sorry too. Got a brain freeze right now and it’s worse than getting ran over by an eighteen wheeler three times.”

“Why would he run you over three times?” Sunny asked with a confused expression.

“Once going forward, then backing up and third time to go in the original direction he was headed.”

We all fell silent as we each individually processed Lemons words. That was probably one of the smartest things she had ever said. And she didn’t really do thinking too much, she preferred to just do.

“I forgive you,” Twilight admitted as Pinkie sent down a vanilla shake in front of her and disappeared. “I was the one who helped the others teach you friendship so I suppose I’d be a hypocrite to not try to be your friends.”

“Way better person than I am,” I grumbled. “I’d never be friends with someone like me.”

Sour kicked me under the booth and I jumped, glaring at her as she glared back.

“Is everything alright?” Twilight asked hesitantly.

“Just fine,” I gritted my teeth slightly.

“Exactly,” Sour said as she looked back. “Just correcting some self deprecating behavior is all.”

“I need to go to the mall after this,” Lemon announced as she sat up straighter, brain freeze seemingly gone.

“For?” Sugarcoat asked flatly.

“Christmas shopping. It’s a bit weird to have more than just my parents to get gifts this time around. I got Rainbow, Sunset, Lyra, Octavia and you guys.”

“I completely forget it was December. I haven’t even started yet,” I admitted sheepishly. “Well, Twilight wanna come with us?”

Twilight looked over at Sunset and Rainbow who watched with faint smiles. They both gave an encouraging nod as Twilight inhaled and nodded.

“Yeah let’s go. I should probably get some final gifts myself while I’m there. I don’t mean to be presumptuous but can I get a ride?”

I gave a chuckle as I nodded, patting her on the back a bit too hard.

“Sorry about that. But uh yeah, I can give you a ride.”

“Good luck. She listens to the worst music,” Sunny muttered as I rolled my eyes.

“It’s just soft rock. Now come on girls. Let’s get this done.”

Twilight shrugged as we all stood up and made our way to the doors.

“Can’t be that bad,” Twilight decided as I held the doors open for her and the others.

“Don’t speak too soon,” Sugarcoat warned as she examined my truck. “You always struck me as a sports car person.”

“I enjoy both, now let’s go!”

I ignored her amused eye roll as I slid over the hood. Have to look epic, of course.