• Published 1st Nov 2023
  • 695 Views, 49 Comments

Family Matters - TheKing2001



After Sunset finds out Spitfire needs surgery, she abandons the human world temporarily to spend time with her sister.

  • ...
3
 49
 695

Chapter XII


Sunset


“Here,” I said to Nurse Redheart and levitated the blood into her hooves. “Now help Spitfire.”

“Where did you even get this from?” Redheart demanded as she stared at me in awe. “We don’t have her blood type. Will it actually help her?”

“It’s from Princess Celestia. You’re a nurse now do your fucking job before my hoof goes so far up your ass, you’ll need to see a doctor yourself to get it removed,” I threatened as Redheart glared at me.

“I like her,” Misty Fly whispered to Blaze who nodded. I had partially forgotten the rest of the Wonderbolts were in the room along with my friends and the rest of the mane six.

“Me too,” Blaze whispered back before I gazed intently at them and they gulped.

“Now Sunset, don’t threaten the mare,” Twilight placed a hoof on my back as Soarin nodded. “It is from Princess Celestia. I can confirm.”

“Okay. Thank you,” Redheart nodded before shooting me another dirty look. She disappeared through some doors and I watched her enter Spitfires room with some doctors.

“I know getting angry when ponies you care about is like your thing but I don’t think threatening a nurse is the way to go about it,” Rainbow Dash pointed out as she flapped her wings above me. “It’s not smart.”

“You’re one to talk Dash,” I snorted as she rolled her eyes. “But maybe you’re right.”

“Pfft maybe is an understatement,” Sassaflash commented casually as she leaned against the wall. “Threatening ponies is usually White Lightnings gig too.”

Twilight hugged me as Aria and Adagio glared at each other from opposite sides of the room while Sonata sat next me. She had practically thrown herself out of her taco stand to hug me.

“They are still aren’t getting along,” Sonata muttered into my mane as she hugged me as well.

“They will get over it. If I have to lock them in the same room together by god,” I slammed a hoof down on the ground.

“I hope so Sunset. I hope so.”

The doors swung open and Nurse Coldheart trotted out, pointing at me and Sunburst.

“Your sister wants to see you two first.”

“Okay,” I said and stood up, following her through the doors. Sunburst followed me as we trotted into the hospital room as Redheart left the room, giving me a final glare.

“Hey,” Spitfire said as she looked at me. “Good You’re here. Sit down.”

Sunburst and I looked at each other before sitting next to her on opposite sides of the bed.

“What’s up?” I asked finally as Spitfire looked down.

“I asked specifically for you two to sit here while they do the blood thingy,” Spitfire waved a hoof around.

“Blood transfusion,” Sunburst clarified as she pointed at him.

“Yes that thank you.”

“Okay but why us?” I asked as she inhaled. “Anypony could have. Soarin, Misty, Twilight-”

“I’m scared.”

“What?” I finally asked as my eyes widened slightly and Spitfire raised her head to look at me.

“I’m scared. I don’t want to be alone. I know you hate needles so you don’t gotta stay if you feel uncomfortable but I want at least one of you to stay with me,” Spitfire admitted as she dropped her voice to a whisper. “Please?”

“Y-yeah,” I muttered as I leaned over and nuzzled her. “Just didn’t think you wouldn’t admit something like that. I never thought you got scared.”

“I’m just like you and Sunburst,” Spitfire scoffed as she rolled her eyes. “Example, I was terrified when I led the Bolts against Tirek that one time. For myself and the other pegasus ponies I had recruited. Derpy, Cloudkicker, Cloudchaser, Flitter, Sassaflash, White Lightning, Raindrops and Blossomforth just to name a few. I think you get the point.”

“I think we got it,” Sunburst answered as he pushed his glasses up. “Of course we will stay with you.”

“Damn straight,” I agreed. “I don’t think Redheart likes me very much.”

“She doesn’t,” Spitfire admitted. “Especially not after you threatened to shove your hoof so far up her plot that she would need to see a doctor.”

I gave a nervous laugh as I rubbed the back of my head with my hoof.

“Yeah that may have happened yes,” I said. “She annoyed me though, asking me all sorts of questions and shit.”

“Fair.”

“So is this why you had us sit in on your surgery too?” Sunburst asked and flicked his tail slightly. “I thought it was fascinating but Sunset looked more sick at seeing your internal organs.”

“Please don’t say anything more,” Spitfire said as she raised a hoof and looked a bit green. “Or she won’t be the only one who will get sick.”

“Sorry.”

I yawned as Spitfire flopped back on her hospital bed and sighed. Her eyes flicked to the clock above the door as she rested her forelegs above her head.

“So Bon Bon told me something,” Spitfire said finally and looked at me.

“Oh God. What did she say?”

“That you cut yourself after something called the Fall Formal repeatedly because you were depressed after how you treated the school,” Spitfire said bluntly as Sunburst glared at me.

“Maybe I did,” I admitted after a moment. “It wasn’t a great time for me. Sure, mom did her best but I wasn’t exactly forthcoming for a bit there.”

“I know what it’s like to feel guilty about treating ponies poorly,” Spitfire admitted as she stared at me. “I tried to replace Soarin with Rainbow Dash for the Equestria Games just because he got injured. Rainbow tried to play both sides but ultimately chose Ponyville. She taught me a lot that day. Stuff I will admit I forgot about. And yes, stuff you had partially taught me. You’re loyal to your family. And then I called Rainbow Dash Rainbow Crash when she hated that nickname.”

“She didn’t tell you that until a good while after,” Sunburst pointed out.

“Still doesn’t justify it,” Spitfire shot back. “But if you ever try to kill yourself again, I’ll punch you so hard that you won’t remember me hitting you. Same if you manipulate anypony.”

“I understand,” I said as she nodded in satisfaction.

“And you two better not tell anypony about me admitting I’m scared! I don’t need that out there!” Spitfire snapped as Sunburst and I both laughed.

“We promise,” I said as I grabbed her hoof with mine. “Ready?”

“Ready.”

I gave a nod as Sunburst waved Redheart in.