• Published 20th Aug 2023
  • 5,975 Views, 512 Comments

Live, Die, Repeat - Hidden_Night



An Isekai starts when you die, so what if you kept dying and got placed somewhere else?

  • ...
28
 512
 5,975

My Guiding Moonlight.

[A Few Moments Ago]

Anonymous walked outside, with Spike on Twilight’s back he leans in and whispers.

“Cmon Twi’ your crush on him is more obvious than mine.” He jokes, since Twilight teases him on Rarity it’s only fair he does the same.

“I-I know. He seems to not know either.” Twilight is still a little shocked at Anon’s comment about sharing a room. “I think. Is he flirting? That’s not how the books go.”

“Twilight. It’s not always about the books.” Spike kicked his heel into Twilight side gently, just enough to be a friendly jab.

“I-I know. It’s just, all the books I read on this subject keep saying that I should get to know him more. I’ve shown him all of my interests and he reacted positively, but I don’t know anything about him.” Twilight watched as anonymous walked away, heading to the fair grounds nearby. She knows about the bits Luna has given him, and she’s grateful he’s not spend happy.

“True, true. Have you tried asking about that?”

“I thought about it!”

“But have you tried?”

“N-No.”

“Then how will you know if you don’t ask?” Spike, being concerned for his sister leaned down and looked at her face. She was avoiding eye contact, still uncomfortable with the idea of trying.

“I know Spike…it’s just, I think it’s too soon. I need to know more. He’s from Longsword, so maybe I should look up customs from there on…”

“Twilight. You’re dodging the question.”

“I…” She grumbles, trying to think. “You’re right. I should try to hang out with him…the only things I know about his interests areScience and Magic so he’s two for two on similar interests.”

“Then maybe try studying magic with him. You like doing that already, maybe you’ll be faster together?”

“Y-Yeah! I could try! I should send Cadance a letter…she would know what to do better than me.”

“True that. Now c’mon let’s go trick or treating! Oh hey, who’s that carriage for?”

“H-What? Celestia, Luna?!” Commence a freak out.


[Back to Anonymous]

“Snap back to reality…”

No. Not that song, it doesn’t even fit Luna! According to Twilight, Luna was purified from her evil spirit, no snapping back to any form.

“This is hard. How do I plagiarize correctly?” I’ve been playing songs from memory using dream magic, then some illusion magic to actually play the song. Of course I’ll be singing, can’t plagiarize my voice after all.

“Hmmmm…” I could do rock actually, metal is also cool I don’t know if that’s an actual genre of music, I’ll just say it’s music from Longsword. No one knows what a Longsword country music even is.

“NOOOOOOOOO!” Hey Twilight’s voice, I wonder what she’s doing. She probably just noticed Celestia and Luna approaching.

Eh, probably unimportant. I’ll just focus on music. Probably something somber, like a Lullaby for a Princess or something.

But I still want it to be metal or rock. Hmmm.

Name of Heaven? Nope. It’s more about freedom than Luna.
Talk about You? That’s a song about a child. Save that one for later.

Wait, I know.

Celestia, thanks for bringing Luna Home.

I guess the elements too.

Now to wait.


I wonder what Twilight is doing.

“THE FUN HAS BEEN DOUBLED!” Luna’s voice is even louder when in person. How? No clue. Still it’s cute when she’s excited.

Why am I getting attracted to horses? No fucking clue. Am I complaining? Yes, because I’m weird. Am I going to stop hitting on the horses? No. Like all creatures, I’d like some love. Perhaps getting to know Twilight isn’t all bad. She’s cute, a huge nerd, and a powerful mage. Three things I’m looking for with someone. Perhaps if we develop the ability to cross dimensions, we can actually be happy, but no. She’ll pass way before I figure it out. It’s difficult.

I’ll have to tell her everything if she actually wants to get together. If she rejects me after the truth, then it wasn’t meant to be. Yet, why do I feel hopeful she’ll accept me for who I am? Do I have a crush on her?

Likely, she’s the only female contact I’ve been regularly seeing here.

If I’m going to attempt to be a member of society, I should get an actual job! I want to be at least not be dependent on her if I’m dating her! It would be like dating your landlady, and that’s already weird enough.

I am unworthy. So I must make myself first!

“Anonymous!” The white mare yelled out my name. “Get on stage. It’s your turn!”

“Thanks Vinyl!”

“Hey, I told you tell me DJ-Pon3!”

“Yes you did.” I walk up the stage. All eyes on me.

“Welcome our next contestant! Anonymous Incognito performing by himself!”

A small cheer was heard. Looking upon the crowd, I saw everyone I know. Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Spike, the girls, and the princesses. Wait, oh no. LUNA AND CELESTIA ARE WATCHING OH FUCK.

It’s okay Anonymous, you can do this. Just sing your song. Let state fright pass over. Relax. Deep breaths.

With a heavy inhale and exhale, I grow determined.

Let’s do this.

Using my horn I manifest instruments made out of a green holographic light. Illusion magic is not my forte but I love playing music with it. Strumming on an electric guitar I feel at peace. You can do this.

The violin. the choir, and the bass plucks.


Turn around, Stay Away.
Laughing so hard, here it goes again.
Time will wait for us, or so I thought.

Upon grass, out of luck.
It’s just our usual stuff and all.
But where have your hoofsteps gone?

What am I doing here?

I don’t know how you’re feeling now
Hope you’re not lonely
Worrying about weather
Are you crying?

Coming Home!
Coming Home!
I’m here waiting for your words.
I’ll be here, brought to you
Can’t wait to see you smiling

Coming Home!
Coming Home!
But my words just fade away
My sun has gone down a long time ago~!

Celestia looks shocked as I’m playing the minor bridge right now. I think she knows I’m singing from her perspective.

Nightmare Night is about both of them after all. The lament of leaving her sister on the moon may not be my place to have a word on, but I’m sure I can still bring happiness to her.

Our Garden, Our School,
Our Neighborhood, places you loved.
Can’t find anything left of you

From the highway to the border
Even over the seven seas
Can’t find your hoofsteps though
Still looking for your trace

I don’t know what you’re doing now
I hope you’re not scared alone

No one will harm you
So please stop crying

Coming Home!
Coming Home!

I’m here waiting for your words
I’ll be here, lonley too
Can’t wait to see you smiling

Coming Home!
Coming Home!
But those words are lost in the wind
Your moon has come up, a long time ago~!

The guitar solo, a place where I can truly understand what I’m doin. What am I doing? I’m singing about something I would never understand. I never had to…no. I never had to, I was forced to abandoned my sibling just like Celestia.

I miss them everyday, even if I don’t remember their face I know the pain you feel Celestia. I just wish I could see my sister face to face again. Even if I can never go back, just one more look would bring me comfort.

I am a mess.

I don’t know, what should I do?
Not sure who you are anymore
Was it only me?
Who thought I was failing

Coming Home!
Coming Home!
You are here, brought to me
I can see you smiling
Coming Home! We are home!
These words won’t ever fade away!
Our Sun has come up a long time ago~~!

I may have plagiarized, but I think they got the message. My voice hurts from the last high note.

With the resounding finish I let the guitar play a few strings then end the song. A slow strum to end the music.

I was met with cheering? Looking at the crowd they’re happy. I guess the song doesn’t exist in this world. I feel dirty plagiarizing, but I feel happy to have performed it myself. I think I’ll just call it a cover to keep myself happy. Thanks illusion magic.

With a bow I turn and walk off the stage. That was awkward. I kinda don’t want to show my face right now. I don’t know why. I feel I need a helmet to hide myself. Fucking imposter syndrome can you piss off?

Take a deep breath, before creation comes destruction, just destroy your mind’s mess for clarity, then it will be clear of what to do.

“I feel we should thank thee anonymous.” Oh hey Luna. Didn’t feel you…LUNA!?

My head turns to face behind me, Luna and Celestia are there, so is Twilight. I guess she is Celestia’s pupil so it makes sense to why they’re here.

“Despite not singing a dark, brooding song like the rest. You chose to sing about Celestia. Why?” Twilight chimed in.

“I guess. It’s because I wanted to sing about something I feel could’ve been sung about. I don’t know really. It felt correct.”

“Well, Anonymous Dear.” Oh god Celestia called me dear like I’m a child. This feels odd. “I’d like to thank you personally. Though you may not be winning the competition, it is nice to hear a positive version of Nightmare Moon’s banishment.”

“O-Oh. Thank you Celestia.” With that, Celestia and Luna depart. Twilight walking up to me.

“So. What spell did you use to manifest those instruments? I haven’t seen a spell like that yet.” Twilight, curious as usual. The nerd.

“Oh those a combination of conjuration and illusion magic.”

“Of course! Quick you gotta tell me the details while we go home.”

“Yeah. Of course. I can do that.” I smile, maybe I did good today. On our way home I began to describe how my instruments work. Perhaps I can actually learn my own song or two, if a cover is what gets me into music then so be it.

Author's Note:

Plagiarism goes hard.

Also actual song for your listening pleasure:

https://youtu.be/q707LpwDKiI?si=O6cFf3bUBr3CnIy4

Not gonna write my own music yet. I’m still garbage at that, but I’m going to keep trying to write this and music.