• Published 20th Jun 2023
  • 1,160 Views, 63 Comments

Together from Canterlot to Canterlot - EileenSaysHi



As a relationship blossoms between them, Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle find themselves on a journey of exploration, redemption, and reconciliation across two worlds.

  • ...
8
 63
 1,160

Interlude: A Dream of Manes and Hooves

The grass was light under Twilight Sparkle as she bounded through the field, a sensation alien to her, yet comforting all the same.

It did not have the feel of running through grass barefoot; there were no toes for the blades to slide between, no heel to press into the dirt, not even nerve endings to transmit what she knew she should be experiencing. And yet she could sense the way each hoof pushed into the ground, the impressions she made in those brief points of contact before her limbs were again in the air, one at a time with each new gallop.

She was laughing as wind whipped alongside her, her ears flicking. The sun was shining down on her as she felt her heart pulse, her lungs expand and contract, and her chattering mind quiet down as the image before her overwhelmed it.

She was staring into the rich amber visage of the unicorn beside her, the flame-tinged mane whipping through the air, the face illuminated perfectly by the light that had chosen them above all others.

Sunset Shimmer was laughing too, and all was right.

And yet there was something else—