• Published 27th Dec 2011
  • 3,173 Views, 71 Comments

Chaotica - Evowizard25



Discord is back and he's got an army with him this time.

  • ...
10
 71
 3,173

Part 3: Discord's Evil Council of Doom

On the outskirts of Canterlot, a bright white flash lit up a small alleyway. In the middle of it, appeared a large mismatched group of creatures, mostly made up of ponies. They were all silent, taking in the place they had arrived. It was an old part of Canterlot, so old that no one seemed to have lived in it for years. It was dark, damp, and overall depressing.

"Well, I didn't see this coming." Carrot Top's voice oozed with sarcasm, as she rolled her eyes.

"Well, it is in Discord's nature to be random." Princess Luna explained, not picking the sarcasm.

"I was being…" Carrot Top stopped speaking, when she finally noticed the mare before her was the one and only ruler of the night. She bowed. "I-I-I'm sorry, Princess. I didn't notice you."

Luna sighed. "There is no need to bow before me. I am just as confused as you."

"I'm not." Pinkie Pie said, hopping about the group.

"Oh great," Gilda put a hand to her face. "Her again."

Pinkie Pie stopped in front of her. "Hi, Gilda. It's so super duper to see you again."

"Yeah, likewise." Gilda rolled her eyes.

"You know this griffon?" Luna asked.

Pinkie Pie nodded her head. "Uh-huh, she was Dashy's friend, but she was a big meany pants to me."

"But she doesn't wear pants." Luna stated.

"She wasn't being literal." Gilda looked away from them and muttered, "Idiot."

"Hey!" A blue, blond maned, stallion walked in between them. "You will show the Princess some respect."

"The Princess?" Photo Finish rushed up to them. She looked Luna up and down and smiled. "Wunderbar!" She exclaimed. "I have a whole line of dresses that you must see."

"Ah yes, I'd love to." Luna was a bit taken aback by her mannerisms. She then turned to the stallion that had defended her. "Noble stallion, what is your name?"

The Earth pony smiled. His cutie mark was an hourglass. "Oh, I'm known by many names, dear Luna." He bowed. "But you can call me, The Master."

Ditzy Doo gulped and took a step back. Carrot Top noticed her uneasiness. "Is something wrong, Ditzy?" She asked.

"No." Ditzy shook her head. "It's just his name...I've heard it somewhere before."

"Oh, I get that a lot." The Master told her. "I travel from place to place."

"Look, this is all very fascinating," Blueblood stepped in. "But it hardly helps us figure out what that beast wants."

"And why it dragged us to this disgusting place." Upper Crust added. A rat ran in front of her hooves. She shrieked and quickly hid behind her husband.

Gilda snickered. "It's just a rat." To emphasis this, Gilda quickly seized the creature in her mouth and bit into it.

There was a collective, "Ewww," from a group of fillies, as Gilda swallowed her catch. "Daddy always said griffons were barbarians." Diamond Tiara said. "Guess he was right."

Gilda growled and glared at the little filly. "Oh, really." She challenged.

Diamond Tiara cringed before her gaze and whimpered a bit. "Stop it." Carrot Top said. "You're scaring the little filly."

"Scaring the little filly." Gilda said. "Lady!"

"Oh, for goodness sake," Trixie grumbled. "Are we going to continue arguing, or are we going to find this hotel?

"The mare has a point." Blueblood said, before walking off. "The sooner we find civilization, the sooner I can get back to my afternoon pampering."

Luna scowled. "I really hate him."

"I don't know," Carrot Top stared off after him. "He seemed cute, in a royal douche bag kind of way."

Luna stared at her for a moment, before turning to Ditzy. She shrugged. "She's desperate."

"I am not." Carrot Top stomped a hoof on the ground and walked on after Blueblood. The rest of the gang followed.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It didn't take long before the group found the hotel, or what was left of it. It was deteriorating and most of the glass windows were broken. "And we're supposed to go in there?" Trixie asked.

"Eyup." Pinkie Pie walked by, smiling. "Isn't it great? It has this spooky vibe to it." Her eyes widened. "This would make a great place for a Nightmare Night party."

"I don't know." Princess Luna looked at the place from top to bottom. "I'd rather tear this whole neighborhood down. We could always use it for something else, like a zoo or something."

"I love zoos." Pinkie Pie chimed.

"I personally find them disgusting." Blueblood said, sticking his nose in the air. "I mean, who wants to look at filthy animals."

"Yes," The Master eyed him. "Filthy animals, indeed."

Blueblood didn't catch his small glare or the scorn in his voice. He simply walked up to the door and stood right in front of it. "Well," Gilda called up to him. "Aren't you going to open the door?"

"I have servants for that." Blueblood stated, with his snout pointed up in the air.

"He really does." Luna said. All heads turned to her. "He even has ponies to brush his teeth for him and other such mundane acts."

"I'm a prince," Blueblood stated, putting a hoof to his chest. "It is my sworn duty to enjoy the pleasure of our fine country." Luna harrumphed.

Everyone sat in silence as Blueblood sat in front the door. "Oh, out of my way." Gilda said, shoving past everyone. She went up beside the princes and glared him down. He flinched underneath it. She then shook her head and reached for the door.

Just before she touched it, a can whacked her hand away. On the tip was a green gem. "I wouldn't do that, if I were you." A green unicorn said. She saw a dark green question mark on his flank.

"What's the big idea?" Gilda shot at him.

"The idea is that this very doorknob can only be opened by one of royal blood." The unicorn stated. He then looked to Blueblood.

Blueblood sighed. "Very well." He said, before grabbing the doorknob. The moment he did, his body lit up in a dazzling show of sparks and electric waves.

"Whew, fireworks." Pinkie Pie cheered. A few seconds of pain and agony, and total mirth to everybody else, the doorknob stopped electrocuting Blueblood. He fell backwards. A whiff of smoke came off of his body.

"Is he okay?" Carrot Top asked, concerned.

"He's survived worse." Luna said. "Remember the Grand Galloping Gala." She called up to her nephew.

"I...hate...you...all." Blueblood said, still twitching from the initial shock.

"Oh, he says the sweetest things." Pinkie Pie giggled.

Just then, the door went wide open, hitting Gilda straight in the face. At the same exact moment, a white, yellow maned pony popped out of the doorway. "SURPRISE!" She yelled.

"Pray tell," Luna asked. "Who is that?"

She was answered when Pinkie threw herself and tackled Surprise. "Cousin!" She shouted. The two mares giggled as they landed, hugging one another. "It's so good to see you again."

"You too." Surprise said, as the two mares got back on to their hooves. She looked over to the green unicorn. "And you even brought Cousin Quizy with you."

The green unicorn frowned. "It's Quizzler, not Quizy." He said. "You know I don't like being called Quizy. It sounds like a sickness."

"How many cousins do you have?" Carrot Top asked.

"Loads." Pinkie Pie threw her hooves up into the air to emphasis. "The more, the better."

"Our family reunions are quite legendary." Quizzler chuckled.

"Ah, yes." Luna finally nodded, remembering something. "Celestia told me about your bloodline. She finds you all very interesting."

Quizzler bowed. "We do try." He then looked over at The Master. He smiled broadly. "And I thought I'd never see you again."

The Master just laughed. "Do you really think that mere police can hold a Time Lord?" Quizzler shrugged, before going over and hugging him. "I see you still have that cane of yours."

Quizzler pulled back and levitated his cane. "As I said before, I never go anywhere without it." He told him.

The Diamond Dogs eyed the cane, greedily. "We wants your shiny gem cane." Rover said.

Quizzler pulled his cane close to his side. "No one told me Diamond Dogs would be here."

"No one told any of us anything." Trixie said. "I like to be informed about such things."

"Hey," Carrot Top said, looking her over. "You're that show pony that wrecked the town."

Trixie looked affronted. She put a hoof a hoof to her chest. "It is not my fault that those colts lacked intellect. I would put the blame on their teacher. Is it not her job to inform foals about such things?"

"Don't talk about Cheerilee like that." Carrot Top glared at her.

"ENOUGH!" Luna used her royal voice level, quieting the whole group. "INSIDE! NO!" No one disobeyed her. Soon enough, the door closed behind them.

"Why hello everypony." A voice called out to them. They looked over to see a pale, old Earth pony walk up to them. He held a long black cane, to which he used to find himself around. The reason was because of a brown bandage that was wrapped around his eyes. He smiled. "It's so super to see you."

"It would be," Trixie started. "If you just take off that ridiculous bandana."

"Oh, this old thing." The old stallion said, reaching up to touch the bandage. "I've worn this for so long; I don't think I've ever taken it off."

"Oh, great." Blueblood threw his hooves up in the air. "The owner is a blind fool. That's just what I needed."

"Hey!" Surprise jumped in front of the stuck up prince and glared at him. "Don't talk about him like that. He's a nice pony."

"Yeah, ri..." Blueblood's eyes widened when he noticed the mare in front of him. "Oh no, not you."

"Yes me." Surprise answered. The two stared at each other for a moment.

"What's up with them?" Carrot Top asked Pinkie Pie.

"Stuff." Pinkie answered, glaring at the prince. "A whole lot of stuff."

"Sounds serious." Ditzy commented.

"I don't get it." Luna said.

"There's a lot you won't get about our family." Quizzler said.

"You're a bunch of dweebs." Gilda walked past everyone. "That's all I need to know." She stopped in front of the blind stallion. "Eh, old geezer, you got any free rooms."

"Why yes," The stallion nodded. "But I thought you'd like to have the rented room." Everyone was silent for a couple of seconds, before murmuring about Discord broke out. "So, do you want the room or not." The old stallion cut in.

"Ja." Photo Finish spoke up. "But how well is the room decorated?"

"I did my best." The old stallion answered.

"Oh, great." Prince Blueblood rolled his eyes. "The best of a blind stallion. That's so reliable." Gilda snickered.

The stallion ignored their comments. "Your room is upstairs, third door to the right." He told them. "It's unlocked, so you can just walk inside." The group walked on up the stairs, all except for one pony. Ditzy watched the elderly pony sigh and use his cane to guide him back to behind his counter. She couldn't help but feel sorry for him. She trotted over to him and helped him on his way. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Ditzy turned her attention to the stairs, before back to him. "Don't listen to them. They just like to make others feel bad about themselves. Deep down, I don't think they really mean them."

"Don't worry my dear," The elderly pony said. "I've dealt with the likes of them before." He paused. "But that was so long ago...No one ever comes around here anymore."

"Why didn't you just leave?" Ditzy asked.

"Oh, don't worry about that." The elderly pony smiled. "This place has all I need. Besides, where could I go?"

Ditzy was silent for a moment. "You could always come stay with me."

He shook his head. "I wouldn't want to be a burden."

"No really," Ditzy said. "I have a spare room in my house you could stay in."

"No." The old stallion replied, tapping his cane on the ground in agitation. "I know you have good intentions, but I can't leave this place." He tilted his head down. "I just can't leave."

"I'm sorry for asking." Ditzy said, lowering her own head.

The elderly pony smiled. "Now don't go crying for an old fool like me." He told her. "I love living here. This fine gentlestallion promised to spruce the place up."

Ditzy stood there a moment, looking at him, before walking back up to the others. She opened the door to find everyone sitting about talking. She trotted over to Carrot Top. "Are you okay?" Carrot Top asked.

"Yes." Ditzy said, not making eye contact with her friend. "I'm fine."

Off in another corner of the room, Trixie was rubbing her chin, looking at Princess Luna. "Wait!" An idea popped into her head. "I know you."

"Yes, I'm sure you know your Princess." Luna said.

"No, I mean you were Nightmare Moon."

Luna's eyes grew wide in fear and concern. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Yes, you do." Trixie smiled confidently. "You're the eternal goddess of the night."

"I am, but I'm no Nightmare." Luna's voice quivered.

"You tried to plunge the world into eternal darkness..."

"NO!" Luna shouted, cutting off Trixie. Everyone looked at her surprised. "I mean, okay, I was before..." Luna looked out the window, as though in a daze. "But that was the past."

Everyone was silent. "Okay, I'm just going to ignore you now." Trixie said, turning away.

Just then, Discord walked through the door. "Alright, alright, alright." He stopped and clapped his hands together. "Is everyone all here?"

"Of all people, you should know." Trixie called up to him.

"Yeah, it's kind of stupid to ask that." Gilda said.

"I was just asking, sheesh." Discord grumbled. "Now, I'm sure you are all wondering why I called you."

"YES!" Everyone agreed.

"You see, I have assembled the most devious and clever minds in all of Equestria for one grand purpose." Discord said, playing his fingers against one another. "Together, we shall defeat Princess Celestia and take the throne for ourselves." An evil laugh escaped his lips.

"WHAT?" Princess Luna glared at the creature before her. "You gather all of Equestria's scum..."

"Hey, what about me?" Blueblood put in.

Luna looked at him and then back to Discord. "You gather all of Equestria's scum..."

"Darn it." Blueblood muttered under his breath.

"So, you could take my sister's throne." Luna said.

Discord nodded. "Pretty much, yeah."

"And you brought me along?" Luna looked at him, as though he was an idiot. "What in my sister's name would ever get you to think I would turn against her...again?" She quickly put in.

Discord feigned fear. "Oh no, I've made a terrible mistake. I let little Lulu outsmart me and now I'm doomed. Doomed!" He put a hand to his forehead and swooned. Luna just glared at him. He sighed. "You never did like my jokes."

"You were never funny." Luna looked away and snorted.

Discord put a hand to his heart. "That hurts."

"That will pale in comparison to turning your retched hide back into stone." Luna threatened.

"You haven't changed." Discord said, sending her a small glare. "To answer your question, I brought you here, because I knew you'd gladly work for me."

"And why is that?" Luna raised an eyebrow. "I would never work for such a lesser being."

"I wonder," Discord tapped his chin, before smirking. "How many times you referred to Xenos as a lesser being." Luna stiffened at the mention of that name. Discord's smirk grew ever wider. "I'd hate to think of what might happen if poor Tia ever found out about what really happened to your special brother."

"How did you..." Luna started.

"I have my sources." Discord sent her a fierce glare.

"Could someone clue me in on what's going on?" The Master piped in.

"Aren't I entitled to a few secrets of my own?" The spirit of Chaos question the Time Lord. The Master went silent, but sent a small glare his way. "Now, let's get back to this meeting.

"Ah, excuse me." Jet Set looked around nervously. "My wife and I don't belong here with these scum."

"Oh, but you do." Discord smirked. "You two judge people by their birthplace. That hardly seems nice at all."

"The pony has a point." Luna said, raising a hoof. "I'm not a villain either."

"Of course you're a villain." Discord said. "You were going to plunge the world into eternal darkness, just because you were jealous of your sister."

"I was just confused." Luna stated, breathing heavily. "I didn't know what I was doing. Honestly."

"Is that what you told your parents when they caught you making out with your marefriend?" Gilda poked her in the side. A small murmur of laughter went through the group. Luna blushed in embarrassment .

"Silence." Discord shot at them. "We didn't come here to talk about Lulu's ambiguous sex life."

"I did." A voice from outside said.

"Hey!" Luna said, looking like she was about to kill him.

"Shut up." Discord said, while thrusting a coconut cream pie in her face. "We all came here to defeat Celestia. Once and for all." He looked around the room. "Hey! Where's Surprise?"

He was answered by two, loud, draconic screams and then the sound of building's tumbling down. Soon afterwords, the yellow mare opened the door. She was smiling like a maniac. "Whoo, I've never scared a dragon before, let alone two."

"Dragons?" Upper Crust gulped and pressed herself against her husband for comfort.

"Don't worry." Discord said, moving a hand in the air as if to wipe away their concern. "They're on our side." He quickly flew over to the window. "May I present," He pulled aside the curtains to reveal two dragons: a red fire dragon and a green forest dragon. "Traxoric and Ackuna..." Discord scratched his head. "Ackumi...Acky...Acme..." He snapped his fingers and a parchment appeared in his hands. He looked it over, before glancing over to the green dragon. "Look, I'm just going to call you Bob, okay." The green dragon grumbled angrily. "Yeah, okay." He turned back to the group. "Now on to business. Evil business." He started laughing maniacly.

"Wait a moment," Luna said, raising a hoof. "Is this it?"

"What are you blathering about?" Discord asked.

"I mean is this it?" Luna looked around the room. "Is this your army?"

"Yes," Discord nodded his head. "I'm quite happy with it."

"Oh, come now. There's got to be more. I mean, you can't seriously hope to take Canterlot by storm with only a couple dozen ponies...and others." She sneered at the griffon. Gilda balled up one of her hands and glared at her. "Don't you have some sort of organized cult or something?"

"I did." Discord's shoulders sagged. "But your sister dismantled it not long ago."

Luna smiled. "Ah yes," She said. "The incident involving those creatures she talked about."

"I'd hate to interrupt this interesting conversation." Trixie rolled her eyes. "Shouldn't we carry on."

"Quite." Photo Finish said. "Beside why would I help you?"

"Pardon?" Discord asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I mean, helping you would ruin my career." Photo Finish stated.

"On the contrary," Discord snapped his fingers, appearing right beside her. "You'd become ever greater then you are now." He hooked an arm around her. "Picture it. You, at the head of the fashion world. Everyone going to you to stage their shows, or to pick out models. Everypony would know your name: Photo Finish!"

"Ja," Photo Finish said, nodding her head. "That das sound gut."

"Indeed." Discord smiled.

"And what about the Great and Powerful Trixie." A little colt, by the name of Snips, said.

"Wait a moment." Trixie narrowed her eyes, looking at two familiar colts. "I know you two."

"She remembers us." Snails said, rather excited.

"You're those colts that brought the Ursa Minor into town." Trixie gave them a deathly glare. "And ruined my career."

"Ah," The two colts looked at each other, nervously.

Trixie grit her teeth and lunged at them. Ditzy and Carrot Top held her back. "Let me at them." Trixie growled. "It'll all over quickly."

"Calm down." Carrot Top told her.

"Yeah, they're just colts." Ditzy said. "They didn't know any better."

"Colts that wrecked my carriage." Trixie said, struggling against the two mares. "Everything I owned was in there. I was lucky to find my cape and hat still intact."

Discord just sat back, enjoying the show. "Oh, I forgot how splendid it is to watch you ponies." He commented. "It's always hilarious."

"Discord!" Luna glared at him. "Why did you bring foals along?"

Discord shrugged. "They fit the bill." He said, before pointing to three fillies. "You would not believe how much chaos they bring about."

"Hey!" Scootaloo said. "That's so not true."

"Well," Sweetie Bell started. "We do get carried away sometimes."

"But we're not evil." Scootaloo said.

"And who says I'm evil?" Discord told them. Everyone raised their hands, or hooves. He sighed. "I'm chaotic. There's a difference."

"I see none." Luna stated, lifting her nose up into the air.

"That was cold Lulu." Discord said.

"And stop calling me that." Luna shot at him. "I will not stand for you to call me such a silly nickname such as 'Lulu'."

"You don't have a problem with Celestia when she calls you that." Discord countered.

"She's my sister." Luna told the spirit. "She's the only exception to the rule."

"Exceptions, Mcpeptions." Discord mocked. "I find your logic rather droll. I mean, I've known her far longer then you have." Before Luna could answer, he smacked another pie into her face, silencing her. "Now, onto the plan."

"And that is?" Blueblood asked.

"Drum roll please." The room was silent. Discord groaned and went to the window. "Is it too much to ask for a drum roll." He told the dragons.

"Sorry." Traxoric apologized. The two dragons started beating on their bellies.

"Thank you, for Celestia's sake." He turned backed to the group inside. "In order to defeat Princess Celestia, we are going to play a chess game with her." Discord smirked evily. "DUN DUN DUN!"

"That's your plan?" Trixie said.

"I already did that." Luna said.

"Me too." Blueblood put it.

"Look,..." Discord looked out the window again. "Cut it out." The two dragons stopped. "Thank you." He returned his gaze to the group. "This is not ordinary chess game. This game shall take place on a boat."

"A boat?" Trixie asked.

"Yes, ingenious isn't it." Discord played his fingers against one another.

"Is it furnished?" Upper Crust asked. He shrugged.

"Why a boat?" Luna asked.

"Because when we defeat her, we will push her off...into the sea." Discord explained.

"And what pray tell will that accomplish." Luna asked.

"Look, her hair will be soaking wet." Discord explained further. "It will take her hours to dry it. Long enough for us to take the kingdom."

"Why do we even need to play some stupid chess game?" Gilda asked. "Why can't we push that prissy Alicorn off the boat?"

"No." Discord glared at them all. "The boat is integral to the plot...The evil plot...Of which I am the evil mastermind."

"That plan sucks." Gilda stated.

"Yeah," Snips said. "It stinks."

"I like it." Pinkie Pie said, hopping by his side.

"Why thank you, Pinkie." Discord smiled.

"Sure thing." Pinkie answered. "You're not going to turn me grey again, are you?" She looked at him, with a large eyed, sad expression. The spirit of Chaos quickly shook his head. Pinkie smiled and hugged him. "Thank you." She then let go and trotted over to her seat.

Discord couldn't help but allow the smallest of smiles grace his lips. "My daddy could buy better plans than that." Diamond Tiara said, smirking.

"Oh, really." Discord put his hands on his hips. "Does anyone else have any other plans."

"Why not send a legion of spiders?" A voice said. Everyone looked over to a large, glowing sphere. Inside was a peculiar blue creature, that looked a little like a mix between a spider and an ape. Not to mention the black cloak.

"How long have you been here?" Discord asked.

"Oh, I got here about the same time you guys did." The creature said.

"And you are?" Trixie asked.

"Dr. Smith." The creature said.

"Hmmm," Photo Finish said, rubbing her chin. "I think black cloaks would make excellent attire. A new fashion line, perhaps." She pointed a hoof to herself. "Led by me, of course."

"Look," Discord interrupted everyone. "We are going with my plan."

"Oh come now." Dr. Smith said. "We should go with mine. This Princess Celestia would be no match for a giant legion of spiders." He waggled his fingers about when he said 'spider'.

"That sounds stupid." Diamond Tiara said.

"Look here." Dr. Smith adressed her. "I didn't come all this way to be told off by some stuck up pony." He looked around. "Honestly, I can't be the only one who tried using 'spiders'."

"Well, I did once." Luna said. "I got a little agitated at last year's Nightmare Night and intentionally brought about a swarm of spiders."

Dr. Smith looked at her for a moment before smiling. "That just proves it." He said. "Princess Luna is best pony." He started laughing.

Luna blushed. "Why thank you."

"We are not using spiders." Discord told him. "End of story."

Dr. Smith lowered his head. "Not even ponies like my ideas about spiders." He sniffled.

"Oh, don't worry." Pinkie Pie tried to cheer him up. "We could always have a 'giant legion of spiders' party."

"I think I'm going to like it here." Dr. Smith said, smiling.

"Enough!" Discord snapped at them. "Just forget about the chess and spiders."

"What about the boat?" Snails asked.

"Shut up." Discord glared at him. "We're just going to wing it. We'll just take the castle in a full on frontal assault, got it."

"This won't end well." Luna told him.

"That's my plan and I'm sticking to it." Discord folded up his arms and gave her a stern gaze.

"But, Mr. Discord." Apple Bloom asked. "What are we going to do with the Princess?"

"Why do you ask?" Discord said.

"Well, I mean," Apple Bloom started, she obviously looked concerned. "My sister says you're the bad guy and in stories, bad guys always try and kill the heroes and..."

"No!" Discord cut her off. "Celestia will be fine. I'll just send her away for a while."

"But, if we help you, won't that make us bad ponies." Apple Bloom asked.

Sweetie Bell sniffled. "I don't want to be a bad pony."

Discord couldn't take the sight of the sad fillies. "You won't be bad ponies." He told them. "You'll be ponies on a rightious crusade."

"A crusade!" Scootaloo said. The other two fillies stopped sniffling and brightened.

"You didn't say anything about crusading." Apple Bloom smiled.

"We could be..." Sweetie Bell squinted her eyes as she thought. "Cutie Mark Rightious Crusaders."

"I like it." Scootaloo said, smiling.

"Then it's settled." Apple Bloom said.

"CUTIE MARK RIGHTIOUS CRUSADERS GO!" The three fillies yelled, which rivalved even Luna's Canterlot voice.

"Ow, my ears." Traxoric complained, covering them the best he could.

"Well, since that's all setlled," Discord smiled. "Let's go defeat Princess Celestia, once and for all."

"Hey!" Silver Spoon said. "I didn't get to say anything."

"Save it for the next meeting, Silver Spoon." Discord said. The green dragon grumbled. "You tell her, Bob."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The writing style in this chapter is different then what I'm used too, so be easy. I just tried to make sure that all the characters got enough spot light. I hope I accomplished that.

Well, till next time.

See ya!