• Published 27th Dec 2011
  • 3,174 Views, 71 Comments

Chaotica - Evowizard25



Discord is back and he's got an army with him this time.

  • ...
10
 71
 3,174

Part 1: The Meeting

There is a nation called: Equestria. A pony nation, to be precise.

Located just outside our universe, in a world not yet named in any canon.

It is a large country. How big it is, I have no idea, but through thousands of years of historical events, it is technically considered a nation.

It is run by a Alicorn named, Princess Celestia, who was declared the proud ruler of Equestria. There's also her sister, Princess Luna, but that doesn't matter.

It has been said she has the hottest flank in all of Equestria, plus she has the sun as her cutie mark.

For the most part, Equestria is a quiet, simple, gentle land, that has yet to subject itself to any intense, hostile violence.

That is where Discord comes in.

Off on a balcony, up on the tippy top of the Canterlot castle, Princess Celestia stood watching her kingdom. She had just called forth the sun, which shone brightly in the sky. She loved watching her handy work. Her ponies would dance, laugh and enjoy themselves under its warm gaze. That's all that she wanted.

Her muscles were tense. She'd been put under a lot of stress lately. Discord's nearly successful takeover of Equestria had worried her. He could have beaten them at any moment he wanted. He could have transported them all to the other side of the planet, or even to the moon if he wanted. He could have been malicious and torture them. To make them beg for death, but that wasn't his style. No. He acted like he always had. She sighed, knowing that fact to be true.

Celestia turned and headed back inside. She needed to relax. Once fully inside, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Slowly, she unfurled her wings to their fullest extent. She stretched her leg muscles, pivoting her shoulders around. She had learned these techniques from a yoga master more than three centuries ago. A soft smile graced her features as she remembered the old Pegasus. He was one of the few ponies she had been able to really talk to and confess her feelings. She missed her, not more so then all the others she had watched as old age caught up to them. Their departures were never easy on her.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
(Year 648 of Celestia's reign)

Celestia sat upon a large cloud, far outside Canterlot. Her eyes were closed in concentration, as her front hooves were pressed together. Still, her lips moved slightly, as certain memories played out inside her mind. "Something is troubling you." A voice said.

Celestia opened her eyes. An old pegasus sat in a similar position. His long white beard matched his white tunic. "You were always so perceptive, master Chi." She said. "More so then many ponies I've ever met."

"That is because most do not choose to listen." Chi said, finally opening his eyes. "So, what is it that troubles you?"

Celestia hesitated. Unlike most of her subjects, Chi showed no fear towards her. Even though she did nothing of the sort to scare her ponies, they always feared her because of her power. Chi did not. Which always made time spent with him more relaxing. "An old friend." She said.

"Ah," Chi said, nodding his head. "I take it he still lives."

Celestia was a little taken aback by this. "How did you know?" She said.

"I know." Chi simple stated.

Celestia sighed. "Yes, he does." She said, but paused for a moment. "But I can never see him. Not in the same way."

"Oh, why so?" Chi asked. He never pushed her to tell more then she was willing.

"We were once friends." Celestia said. "Close friends."

"Then why do you hate him so?" Chi said. Celestia looked at him again, surprised by how much he could tell. He mearly held up a hoof. "And old pony can tell. Though, to you, I am but a youngster." He chuckled. "An interesting concept to think upon."

Celestia stared at him for a moment. 'Yes, it is.' She thought. She knew that she would long outlive master Chi. Just like she had outlived most of her friends, the few who still lived were scattered about the world. That was the bain of all immortals. Still, she fought the urge to cry when she thought of the day she would never again see dear old Chi's smile. "Anyways," Chi said. "Back to this friend of yours."

"I don't want to talk about him." Celestia said, turning her head away.

"You of all people should know you can't keep things bottled up forever." Chi said, raising an eyebrow.

"You're right, as always." Celestia said, before looking at him again. "I hate him because of what he did. He went down a path of greed and evil. He lost himself in what he did best and forgot everything else that mattered." She was silent for a moment. "Including me."

"I see." Chi said, nodding. "Did you care for him?"

"Yes." Celestia said immediatlly. "He was a dear friend…was a dear friend."

"Then why not just confront him and fix the matter?" Chi asked.

"It's complicated." Celestia said, sighing. "Besides, he's lost himself to his beloved chaos. There's no hope left for him."

"There is always hope, dear Princess." Chi said. "As there is always good in everyone's heart."

"He no longer has a heart." Celestia said, with much scorn.

"Then you condemn him eternally." Chi stated. "For if you, a being of pure heart, can not forgive him, who can?"

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Those words haunted her since that day. She spent many a night thinking them over, long after her beloved friends passing. Even now, she thought them over. She had every reason too. Discord's escape was still fresh in her memory. 'He hadn't changed one bit.' She thought. 'He was the same monster I imprisoned all those years ago.' She continued on with her stretching for a few more moments, before she heard the sound of someone slurping down a drink. She turned to see the one creature she thought she'd never see again. At least, not in the flesh. "Discord." She said, stopping what she was doing.

Discord was lying on the balcony, with a large soda in one hand. He raised a finger with his other, so that he could finish. Finally, he let up. "Ah, that hit the spot." He said, before looking at her. "Do go on. I rather enjoyed the show."

"Discord." Celestia said, glaring at him. "How did you escape? The Elements..."

"Are just a trivial threat." Discord interrupted her. He stood up and walked a couple of paces towards her. "Do you think I would be defeated that easily? Mere hours after my escape." She just continued to glare at him. He shook his head and sighed. "I expected you of all people to know better."

Celestia stomped a hoof to the ground. "If the Elements could not seal you away, then I will." She said, with much spite.

"Oh, I'm sure you can." Discord said, smirking. "But let's be sensible here. Our powers are equal to one another. That plus the fact that we are sheer opposites; Order and Chaos; adds up to the fact that we're a perfect match for each other." He paused, looking her up and down. "I stress the word perfect."

Celestia blinked. 'Did he just compliment me?' She thought. She pushed that thought aside. "I will do anything I can to protect my kingdom." She said.

"Ah, yes." Discord said, plucking his beard. "You're kingdom. It's nice to sit up on the throne, isn't it. To look down upon everyone."

"I never look down at any of my ponies." Celestia said.

"I remember your father saying words quite the contrary during his own rule." Discord pointed out.

Celestia flushed with rage. "How dare you bring up my father." She said. "I should have ended you that day."

Discord simply laughed. "You killing me?" He said, before falling to the floor, laughing uncontrollably. "Oh, that's rich. Rich!"

"I would do it for the good of Equestria." Celestia said.

Discord stopped laughing, but was still smiling. He flew up into the air and landed right in front of her. "You and I both know you wouldn't kill anyone." He said. "That's one thing we have in common."

"Uncle would say otherwise." Celestia said, glaring at him.

Discord sent her a glare of his own. "Karma, my sweet princess." He said, trailing a finger across her cheek. She ignored it. "What comes around goes around. Lest we make a martyr out of a conspirator."

"You still had no right." Celestia said.

"Oh, contraire Tia," Discord said, using his little nickname for her. "I had every right, as you would know."

"Then, what becomes of me?" Celestia said. "Shall I face the same fate as he did?"

Discord pulled back in shock. "Never." He said. "I would never do that to you." He paused. "Yes, I've thought up some nasty tricks to play upon you, but never would I harm you in that manner. The world would be dull place, without you to pester."

"Then what, pray tell, are you here for?" Celestia said, already knowing the answer.

"Your kingdom, your majesty." Discord said, bowing. "That is all I ask."

"And you thought I would simply hand it too you on a silver platter?" Celestia asked.

"To be frank, yes." Discord said. "It would be easier that way."

"And if I refuse?" Celestia said.

"Then I shall take it by force." Discord said.

"You make it sound as though you have an army behind you." Celestia said.

"So, I do don't I." Discord said, preening his beard. His eyes flew out wide. "Tia, you're a genious."

"Though that may be true, I never lent you anything more then a threat." Celestia stated.

"Oh, don't be modest." Discord said. "You gave me the idea of how to beat you once and for all." He chuckled.

"And that's a good thing?" Celestia said, pouting at him.

"Oh, I miss your pouting." Discord said. "You always looked so cute."

Celestia blushed. "I am not cute." She said, stomping a hoof to the ground.

"Ah yes, you are much more." Discord said, flicking himself in the head as though scolding himself for forgetting. "But anyways, what's your answer?" He hovered in front of her.

"No." Celestia said.

Discord pouted, and looked at her with puppy dog eyes. "Pwetty pwease." He said, in the most innocent voice he could muster.

"No." Celestia said, looking away. "You know that look never won me over on anything."

Discord frowned deeply. "Yes, never won you over." He seemed to be muttering that more to himself. "I give you one more chance." He raised a finger. "One more before I come down and bring my horde upon Canterlot. Give me the kingdom." Celestia said nothing. "Come on. I'm asking nicely here." She still said nothing. "I mean, I'm not doing the same thing as last time. I'm asking." She remained silent. Discord growled in frustration. "Fine!" He nearly shouted. "Why do you always want to do it the hard way?"

"But always thought you loved it when I played hard to get?" Celestia said, smirking.

Discord blushed, before scowling. "I'll be back high noon tomorrow." He said. "And I swear, I shall have your precious flower."

"What?" Celestia said, rather shocked by his wording.

Discord put his hands over his mouth. "I mean kingdom." He said, quickly. "That's what I meant."

"Then what was with my flower?" Celestia asked.

"Well, since your still a..." Discord trailed off. He hit himself in the head with his lion paw. "Oh," He was rather flustered at this point. "Never mind. High noon. Tomorrow." He snapped his fingers and was gone in a flash of white light.

Celestia just stood there for several moments. She blushing blushing a deep red. 'Did he really just mean what I think he meant?' She shook her head. 'No. It was just the slip of his tongue. He probably just wanted to toy with me.' She walked over to the balcony and looked out at the sight before her. Her peaceful land of Equestria, again was to be visited by chaos. 'But if he really wanted to toy with me, why didn't he? He had ample oppurtunity.' She shook her head, to get rid of that chain of thoughts. She had to think of a plan to stop Discord. 'I mean really, how could he even know that I haven't been with a stallion.' She put a hoof to her head, trying to stop that chain of thoughts.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
I apologize to all under age readers for the subject that was brought up.

I would also like to give a shout out to 'the guy with the glasses' crew, as well as the crew of MLP: Friendship is Magic. Both of them deserve a lot of praise for their excellent work.

Thank you all for reading. Please stop and review. Your opinions will help me better myself and make your reading more enjoyable.

Don't worry everybody. There is a lot of laughs up ahead.