• Published 9th May 2023
  • 228 Views, 2 Comments

Kamen Rider Lux: Sins of the Parent - Rixizu



After the fall of the Great Leader of Shocker, Kamen Rider and newly positioned Princess Twilight Sparkle tries to rebuild Equestria after Shocker's cruel reign. But a new threat emerges to threaten everything she's worked towards.

  • ...
4
 2
 228

Chapter 27

“Zol has failed.” The Great Leader of Destron’s mighty voice boomed through his emblem, a fiendish golden scorpion whose stinger glowed a malevolent crimson light.

“Damn those Riders.” Marshal Yoroi slammed his spiked ball and chain against a nearby console. A Combatpony yelped in surprise as sparks flew from its panel. So much had gone into this plan. They’d hoped to cripple Equestria while it was still fumbling to create a government. “They will pay for this!”

“It matters not. We will rebuild. We will survive to wreak havoc once again.” The Great Leader, in his infinite wisdom, said. It calmed Yoroi, reminding him of their greater purpose. They refused to allow this failure to dampen their spirits. Destron would have their day. They just needed to be patient.

Marshal Yoroi’s red scorpion armor clattered as he paced the room, considering their next move. The foalish princess assumed Zol’s death meant Destron’s destruction. A cruel smile extended across his lips, pleased by this unexpected boon. “You’re correct Great Leader. Let the foals think Destron defeated. We will spread and grow from the shadows, poisoning this budding new government with corruption and greed. When Equestria becomes fat and lazy, we will strike and reclaim Destron’s rightful glory!”

His rousing speech awoke something in the downtrodden and defeated Combatponies, awakening their pride and hope. The room erupted into cheers, hailing Destron as the world’s future master. A pleased smile filled Yoroi’s twisted muzzle, guiding his ponies as they abandoned the base. Destron couldn’t afford to be caught in Pferdreich with Equestria forces moving in.

Let Lux take Pferdreich. Let her think Destron defeated. One day soon, they would rise again. All would learn to fear their name. All hail Destron.

---

“Come in,” Twilight said, placing her hooves on her desk. New newly titled knight swaggered into the room, her golden cape billowing behind her. While flashy and somewhat tacky, it suited the mare.

“Twilight,” Trixie said, giving her princess a slight salute. Twilight detected a hint of mockery in her knight’s untitled address, but Twilight didn’t mind. Respect wasn’t something a pony earned easily. Besides, despite everything, this pony was a friend.

“How are the operations going?” With Twilight still confined by her injuries, she couldn’t go out into the field to help pacify the remainder of Destron’s forces. Pockets of resistance still fought in Pferdreich. The organization had brainwashed countless innocent citizens to its side, causing them to fight with the ferocity of true fanatics. General Fire Flare and her Pferdreich Counter Paramilitary Group had been pivotal in restoring freedom to the country. The matter, however, was still a considerable undertaking.

“We captured a Baron Kiba last night, another Destron bigwig. He gave us some trouble, but I defeated him in the end.” Twilight guessed it hadn’t been an easy victory from the bandages hidden beneath her knight’s cape.

“That’s good.” Twilight sighed, glad the operation was going smoothly. But it didn’t dampen her worries that the worst of Destron still hid somewhere. She had the distinct impression someone had puppeteered Zol and Shinigami’s actions from the shadows. And they still hadn’t found Cadance anywhere. Kamen Rider Cupido’s disappearance worried Twilight, fearful for her former foalsitter’s safety despite being an enemy.

“I hear you will win the newest election quite hoofily,” Trixie said. “Your approval rating is over 90 percent.”

“Yes, it appears they still want me back.” But this brought Twilight little joy. Many ponies died during the Destron invasion, many by her mistakes. They had trusted their lives to their princess, and she’d failed them. Her misplaced trust in Shocker’s possible redemption had almost cost Equestria and the world its freedom. Some glorious hero she was.

“Hey, cheer up already,” Trixie said, knocking Twilight on the shoulder. She yelped in pain, still recovering from her various injuries. Twilight sent a scathing glare at her knight.

“I mean it,” Trixie said more seriously. “You’ll worry yourself to death. You blame yourself for everything!”

“I have to. It’s my responsibility.”

“Foal. You can’t fix everything.”

This only earned silence from Twilight. While she understood this intellectually, her responsibilities still weighed heavily on her soul. “Thanks, Trixie. I’ll try to keep that in mind.”

“Foal,” repeated Trixie, turning away and leaving.

Twilight sighed at the blatant disrespect, but smiled. She needed a mare like this to keep her in check, reminding her she wasn’t alone. She still missed Red and her boundless energy, but this Trixie should do.

---

“You really scared me, you dummy!” Rainbow Dash said, sitting by her friend’s bed. “Don’t do that to me again!”

“Stop fussing. I’m fine.” Gilda said, refusing any comforting words on instinct.

The doctor’s prognosis wasn’t a happy one. While they could salvage what remained of her torn body, she’d require an even higher level of cyberization. The doctors estimated only six percent of her body would remain organic. Rainbow had joked that Gilda might end up a brain in a jar. Even after the repair operation, it’d take months of physical therapy to regain combat efficiency. Getting hurt sucked.

“Well, I’m proud of you, Captain Gildy!” Princess Gabby said, squawking away on her other side. “I’ll make sure Daddy will give you all the medals!”

Despite the stoic expression on her beak, this pleased Gilda. “We sure sent Destron packing!”

While disappointed they hadn’t been able to help protect Ponyville during Destron’s unexpected invasion, the Griffon Kingdom was making up for it tenfold in Equestria’s mop-up operations. The King himself had gone to Pferdreich to oversee the dismantling of Destron’s military government. As hunters, the Griffons ruthlessly prowled the lands for any remnants of the occupying force.

“When you fully recover, what will you do, Gild?” Rainbow Dash asked tentatively. “Return to the Griffon Kingdom?”

“I’m not sure.” With the general chaos of the last few weeks, she hadn’t given it much consideration. Hopefully, it wouldn’t be more guard duty. Though she had to admit this bodyguard mission for their princess had been exciting. “What about you? Are you staying with the Wonderbolts?”

“Of course!” Rainbow shook her rainbow-colored mane. It whooshed over the bandage across her eye. Gilda wasn’t the one who’d received scars from the last battle. “It’s my dream. For good or bad.”

“You know, Gilda, I’ve been talking with General Stormy. And we’ve gotten a proposal that might interest you,” Rainbow said, trying to keep her voice innocent.

“Wait, you aren’t suggesting I join the Wonderbolts, are you?” The idea was ludicrous in the extreme. The stunt flier group was for lame ponies. Rainbow didn’t count. They’d proven their metal during the invasion, but still.

“I mean it, Gilda. You’re the best flier I know! I’ve learned basically everything I know from you!” Rainbow said in a forced bit of flattery.

“Would it really be so terrible? You could act as the Griffon Kingdom’s representative.” Princess Gabby asked. “I’m sure they’d even allow you to keep your rank. It’s the perfect symbolic act to show our kingdom’s budding friendship!”

“Well.” Gilda floundered, recognizing the idea had some luster. She’d be able to hang out with Rainbow again. Heck, she might even see the now-mythical Sonic Rainboom for herself. Its earth-shaking boom had awakened Gilda from a sleep she’d assumed was death.

“I’ll give it some thought,” Gilda said finally.

“Great!”

“I haven’t agreed yet, doofus,” Gilda said, catching the pony’s expression. In Rainbow’s mind, she’d already agreed. While true, the stupid pony could wait on it.

“No hugs, please,” Gilda said, wishing she could push her friend away. She despised sentimentality. But it felt nice. She would enjoy fighting alongside Rainbow Dash in the upcoming days.

---

“How does Mac and Cheese sound?” Amethyst Star asked as she peeked her head into Dinky’s room. In response, the filly only gave a noncommittal grunt.

“Okay, I’ll call when it’s ready.” After giving a look of concern, her half-sister left for the kitchen.

“How was your day at school?” Amethyst Star asked as they ate supper, slipping at her orange juice. “I’m honestly surprised how quickly they got the schools up and running after the invasion. That’s Princess Sparkle’s efficiency for you.” She outwardly cringed when she mentioned the princess’s name, remembering how much Dinky disliked the mare. But the filly didn’t reply, picking at her food.

When her half-sister didn’t respond, Amethyst Star tried a different tact. “Would you like some ice cream for dessert? I have mint, your favorite.”

“...”

“Okay, I’ll leave some out if you’re still hungry,” Amethyst Star said, finishing her meal. The dead silence hung over the dining room like a cloud, suffocating them both. Despite this, Amethyst Star refused to abandon Dinky, staying strong for her sake.

“Everything’s going to be okay, Dinky.” The mare said, giving her half-sister a hug. While they’d never had a great relationship, the older mare still loved her sister despite their estrangement.

“Star.” Dinky broke down, crying into her sister’s shoulder. It hurt. It just hurt so much knowing her momma was gone. In a single day, she’d lost everything in the cruelest way possible. Would anything ever be right again?

Dinky’s ice cream melted under the falling sun, but she hugged her half-sister tight. She marveled at how the mare continued to love her despite how terribly she’d treated her. She accepted Dinky’s grief without complaint or judgment, a sturdy tree to lean on.

“Could-could I get some more ice cream?” Dinky asked in a quiet voice.

This earned a laugh from Amethyst Star. “Sure, dear. As much as you’d like.”

As sisters, they shared a pail of ice cream as they watched some silly cartoon on the couch. Despite herself, it earned a few chuckles from Dinky. Her mood improved double as Trixie came to visit, eager to play some games with her. The pegacorn’s shining cape impressed Dinky, its flashy colors dazzling her.

While initially having some reservations about the mare, her half-sister soon warmed up to the Kamen Rider, becoming fast friends. They played Go Fish together, though Dinky got the distinct impression the adults were letting her win, the jerks.

“Thanks for stopping by, Trixie. You’re always welcome around here.” Amethyst Star said. Luna’s moon was in its full glory, showing how late the hour had become.

“Of course. Anything for little Dinky.” Trixie said, ruffling the filly’s hair.

“You’re going to Pferdreich tomorrow? Get me some souvenirs!” It sparked Dinky’s imagination, dreaming about far-off lands. While she’d miss the Kamen Rider, the cool souvenirs excited her. And it won’t be forever.

“Sure thing. And don’t worry, I won’t be lonely.” Trixie said. “A special friend is coming along with me, the Princess’s father. We’re going to have plenty of fun together.”

“Okay.” Dinky hadn’t a clue what that meant, but whatever. She shared a hug with the older mare. “I love you, Trixie.”

“Me too, squirt.” Was that a tear in the older mare’s eye? Despite the personal troubles and tragedies, something about this mare made everything okay. She’d miss her momma forever, but somehow she’d gained a new family member.