• Published 9th May 2023
  • 228 Views, 2 Comments

Kamen Rider Lux: Sins of the Parent - Rixizu



After the fall of the Great Leader of Shocker, Kamen Rider and newly positioned Princess Twilight Sparkle tries to rebuild Equestria after Shocker's cruel reign. But a new threat emerges to threaten everything she's worked towards.

  • ...
4
 2
 228

Chapter 16

“You doing alright?” His father asked, slightly jostling as the train rumbled beneath them. “You seem somewhat on edge.”

“I’m okay.” But Shining Armor knew that wasn’t quite the truth. His life itself was going well. His work as an instructor at the police academy was fruitful. He loved teaching the next generation of officers. Without Shocker breathing down his neck, Shining could mold the young ponies into something Equestria could be proud of.

No, this anxiety came from their upcoming reunion with his sister. Irritating and annoyance filled his belly, furious at how long Twilight had waited before contacting them.

“You know how Twilight is.” Night Light said, seeming to read his son’s mind. “She’s just been busy. Nopony expected her to become princess!”

“Which we only learned about through the news!” That rankled him. Had she become too important for them now? No, that was unfair and untrue. Arrogant didn’t describe his sister. But why in Equestria would she not contact them? Her rather nervous invitation by email made him suspect something was wrong.

Even without words, his father caught onto his son’s worries. “I’m worried about her, too. She has a bad habit of putting too much on her plate. I can’t imagine becoming princess has been easy for her.”

“No kidding.” With the country still in shambles after Shocker’s fall, organizing a new government was a monumental task. Though he supposed Twilight was the ideal pony for the job. Her micromanaging skills were unreal.

“Do you think we could convince her to transform? Princess and a superhero! Quite spectacular if you ask me!” Night Light couldn’t sound prouder.

Though how she’d become a Kamen Rider, only Shocker knew. Had Shocker experimented on her? It wouldn’t be hard to imagine they had augmented her into a monster, only to rebel against her masters. He smirked, knowing that a pony like her wouldn’t be easy to mind control. He’d need to ask her when they met up.

“What’s wrong, Dad?” Shining asked, noting his father’s sudden change in mood.

“I just wish your mother could be here.” Night Light said. “I realize what she was like, but she would have been proud of her Kamen Rider daughter.”

“Yeah.” Though, in his heart, he could only grimace. While she’d always doted on his sister, Twilight Velvet had exclusively ignored his entire existence. And all because he’d never matched her standards. When he hadn’t performed high enough on an intelligence proficiency test as a foal, he’d stopped being Twilight Velvet’s son. But when Twilight Sparkle proved exceptional, her daughter was Equestria’s greatest gift. Their mother was obsessed with making her daughter the perfect pony, making her study far harder than anypony her age. Twilight Velvet had even thrown the word goddess around.

“No offense, Dad, but she deserves whatever Shocker have done to her!” That showed just how deranged their mother was. Even an evil organization like Shocker wouldn’t take her! What happened to her remained a mystery. The papers reported dead, but the details were sketchy.

Night Light released a long-suffering sigh. “I know. She seemed so happy and full of life when I married her. No, that is in the past. I’m sorry for how she treated you, son. But I still think, deep down, she loved you.”

If that monster is capable of love. But Shining tactfully didn’t voice this opinion. Instead, he gave his father a hug. They moved to a less painful topic, discussing what changes Twilight had done to the castle since becoming princess. They joked about how she’d make it an even more clinical place since taking residence. Unlike the late Princess Luna, his sister despised ceremony and ostentation.

Still, Princess Twilight Sparkle, it’s hard to believe. True, it was only a temporary position until elections started, but still. He hoped she would run when they finally started. His sister had proven a popular leader with plenty of forward-thinking ideas. Her status as a national hero didn’t hurt either.

He smirked, contemplating the myriad of ways he’d tease her when they reunited. While still furious at her, Shining was proud of what she’d accomplished. She’d created a future free of Shocker.

Nostalgia washed over him as he gazed upon the familiar boundless fields. Plumes of mist showed they weren’t too far from the Neighagra Falls. It brought back fond memories of a camping trip when they were foals. He was looking forward to visiting Ponyville too. Still, while he missed it, Shining’s life was in Manehatten. He adored his students and his job, despite the trouble they sometimes caused.

Huh? An odd hissing sound caught his attention, but found it nowhere in sight when he turned to investigate. Was it from that luggage over there? Was something leaking? Shining frowned, but shrugged. It was probably nothing.

Still, he couldn’t help shivering, getting the odd sensation that somepony was observing him. He peered at his father, but nothing seemed amiss to him. The older stallion was intent on his book, captivated to the point of being oblivious to his surroundings. Twilight had a similar habit.

Something is wrong. Cop instinct guiding Shining’s step as he left the train car. While no longer on the beat, he remained an officer at heart. A slight familiar pain jolted through his leg as he walked, but it became background noise as Shining focused on his task. He peered around the cabin, searching for anything out of order. The feeling of being watched didn’t leave him as he entered the next car. He heard that strange hissing sound again. It came from the window this time. Was it his imagination, or was it mocking laughter?

The luggage compartment was empty as he slipped inside. Because it was the slow season, the car was mostly empty. Few ponies had joined them on this train, only a smattering of business ponies. While reckless, he needed to confront their observer. It was his job to protect his father and the other passengers. A nearby pile of luggage made a useful hiding spot, and he slipped behind it.

Minutes passed, but nothing happened. Nopony entered to follow him. Shining wondered if he was just being paranoid when a hissing sounded from above. He yelped in fright as a snake dropped onto his back. It hissed at him with menacing glee. He turned to flee, but more snakes appeared to block the cabin’s exit. What the hay was going on?

“I have you now, Shining Armor.”

He watched in stunned surprise as one snake glowed, transforming into a pony-snake monstrosity. The cobra-like creature had glistening fangs. Its scales were yellow, while its belly was a bright blue. It had odd metal patches across its body, one of which looked like a line of bullets across its right middle. Oddly, the monster had a snake head for its right arm instead of claws.

“What the heck? Shocker?” Shining said, backing away in fear.

“I am Machine-Gun Snake! I am a proud member of Destron, the future rulers of this planet!” The monster said. “I’m giving you one choice: come quietly or die. We don’t need both of you to use against Kamen Rider Lux.”

Destron, of course! Twilight, Dad! Oh, no! The monster’s plan became sickeningly clear, and he rushed towards the exit. But several business ponies appeared in the doorway to block his path. Shining’s dread increased as they removed their disguises to reveal the Combatpony uniforms beneath.

They laughed, mocking him. But as a former officer of the Manehatten police force, he refused to be deterred. Despite the injury that’d cost him his career, he’d still fight. Protecting ponies against monsters like this was his duty, refusing to fail his new princess or his father.

“Come and get me, then!” Shining said, horn sparking to life.

“Get him! And don’t be gentle!” Machine-Gun Snake said, setting his Combatponies free to assail their prey. One jumped him from behind, but Shining proved too nimble and leaped away. His attackers surrounded him, blocking any escape. The Destron cyborg watched from the sidelines, amused, allowing his minions to do the dirty deed.

“Shining!” His father cried out from a distant car, heightening his anxiety. As if on cue, the Combatponies struck as one.

Shining fought off his attackers while rushing toward the next car. Despite his foes’ enhanced strength, Shining had experience on his side. But their numbers threatened to overwhelm him. One shrieked in triumph as they punched Shining from behind. They yelped in surprise as the blow bounced off a suddenly materialized shield. They flailed, almost thrown off the train. Only a lucky grab of a railing saved them from hitting the speeding ground. He reached the opposite end of the car, but a sudden blow from behind almost crumpled Shining. Only a quick shield spell had saved him.

“You aren’t escaping so easily!” Machine-Gun Snake said, his snake arm pressing hard against Shining’s shield. So strong. It took considerable concentration to prevent his dome from cracking.

“Shining!” His father cried out, struggling against the two Combatponies restraining him. Unlike his son, the older stallion was only a clerk. He had no magic or fighting ability to protect himself.

“Give up,” Machine-Gun Snake said, pressing harder against Shining’s only protection. “Or your father will meet a terrible fate!”

“No, run! Forget about me!” His father said, yelping in pain as a Combatpony gave one of his legs a hard twist.

“Father!” Panic filled Shining, wondering what he should do. Fleeing wasn’t an option. He refused to abandon his only remaining family. But surrendering to Destron would only play into their hooves and threaten his sister.

“Surrender! You have three seconds!” Machine-Gun Snake motioned with a hoof. A Combatpony produced a knife, pointing it toward Night Light’s throat. The older stallion stopped thrashing, eyes wide with terror.

“No!” Shining hooves shook, helplessness creeping in. He had no choice. “Okay, I…”

“Typical Destron! What can’t beat two stallion civilians without any tricks?” A mare’s voice said.

“You!” Machine-Gun Snake said, searching for the source of the interruption.

Distracted by the interruption, the Combatpony with the knife pulled his weapon away. He yelped as a pony appeared from nowhere and tossed them into a nearby seat. Another Destron lackey received a hoof on the chin for their trouble.

“Who are you?” Night Light said to the mare that stood protectively in front of him. Shining gapped as he noticed the azure-colored mare had a unicorn’s horn and a pegasi’s wings.

“Trixie Lulamoon!” The mare announced, giving Shining’s father a wink. “I’m always willing to rescue handsome studs like yourself.”

“Protean!” Machine-Gun Snake said, snarling. “You finally show yourself!”

“Damn right! You’d think I’ll let you do whatever you like?” Trixie said, pointing towards the Destron cyborg. “I am Shocker’s bane! The storm that will consume you all!”

“We are Destron, silly mare!” Machine-Gun Snake replied. “We are their great successor!”

“Whatever, like I care. Different name, same monsters.” The winged unicorn said, shrugging.

“Thanks,” Shining said, taking a protective stance in front of his father’s savior. “Get my father out of here! I’ll hold them off the best I can!”

“No, she should get you to safety instead!” His father said in protest. “I won’t let you die for me!”

“But!” Shining opened his mouth to argue, but Trixie interrupted him.

“Nopony needs to get sacrificed! I’ll handle all of them!” The mare rolled her eyes before entering a fighting stance. Shining’s eyes boggled again as a belt appeared around Trixie’s waist. Another Kamen Rider like his sister? How was that possible? He thought the only other Rider was his sister’s former foalsitter, Cadance!

“Foal, like I’ll give you a chance!” Machine-Gun Snake tossed aside the snake head covering its arm to reveal a fully loaded machine gun. “Die, Protean!”

Shining had seconds before the enemy filled the car with bullets as the creature unloaded, spraying everywhere. Under his son’s protective shield, Night Light trembled. Sweat trickled down his forehead as stray bullets struck his shield. Such power! Each shot almost pierced through it.

With such a display of power, Shining assumed his wannabe savior was mincemeat. But Trixie proved more agile than anypony expected. With deft hooves, he slipped behind a seat for cover. Pointing his arm in that direction, Machine-Gun Snake filled that location full of lead. Each bullet pierced past the makeshift barrier, stuffing flying everywhere.

“Finish her! Machine-Gun Snake said, directing his minions to accost the obviously fatally wounded Kamen Rider. But the Combatponies gasped in shock, finding nopony there. What? There wasn’t anywhere to go. How did she escape?

From out of nowhere, Trixie appeared behind the Destron Cyborg. “Henshin!” Whatever form Shining had expected, this wasn’t it. Her armored form was more visceral than expected, organic instead of mechanical.

“Protean!” Machine-Gun Snake, said alarmed. He grunted in pain as he received a jab to the sternum. After receiving several continuous body blows, the monster staggered back. Ouch, that had to hurt.

“Damn you! Get her!” Machine-Gun Snake said, waving his Combatponies to swarm the Kamen Rider.

The Combatponies jumped into action, surrounding the Kamen Rider while their leader returned to a safe distance. While it appeared Trixie didn’t have any formal training in any martial art, her strikes were fierce and quick. Her attackers failed to subdue her, each Combatpony falling to a well-placed strike.

Whatever she is, Trixie can handle herself. With everypony so distracted, it seemed like the ideal time to escort his father to safety. With a gesture, he indicated they should sneak away to the far car door. After a nod of acknowledgment from his father, they crept in that direction.

“Die Rider!” Machine-Gun Snake unleashed another barrage of machine gun fire, headless if he hurt any of his ponies.

While most shots missed, one struck Protean in the leg. Much to Trixie’s shock, it oozed crimson. She grimaced as she struggled to support her weight on that leg.

“They created me to kill you, Kamen Rider Protean! Doctor G predicted your organic armor wouldn’t withstand armor-piercing bullets!” Machine-Gun Snake said, laughing with glee.

Oh, ponyfeathers! Thought Shining. A glance outside revealed they weren’t too far from Ponyville. If he shot a warning flare, his sister might see it and send help! But when he opened the next car, an unwelcome sight greeted him. A pony wearing scorpion-themed armor walked into the car, blocking any escape.

“There’s no escape this time, Kamen Rider Protean.” The stallion said. “I, Doctor G, General of Destron, will ensure your demise!”

“You seem excited, princess.” Rainbow Dash said, chuckling.

“I can’t help it. I’m just so pumped for his weekend.” Twilight replied.

After gaining the courage to send the invitations, eager giddiness replaced her worry. She’d spent all last night devising the perfect checklist of what they’d do this weekend. It had where they’d eat, what museums they’d visit, a trip to an amusement park, and a hoofball game. The Ponyville Manticores faced the Fillydelphia 67’s in a highly anticipated grudge rematch tomorrow! After the crushing defeat last year, Ponyville wanted revenge!

“Don’t worry, Princess. We’ll make sure this weekend is special. Anything for our princess!” Rainbow said with an uncomfortable amount of reverence. While she didn’t appreciate guard duty as her first job as a Wonderbolt, the pegasus wasn’t slacking as usual. Her multicolored eyes constantly swept around the train station, seeking threats. They were both in disguise, but still. It didn’t hurt to be cautious.

“Just Twilight, please. You’ve known me for years, Rainbow! It’s a fancy temporary title. Once the government’s back in tiptop shape, I’ll be some random reporter again.” She hoped to reestablish Ore Journal and bring back the old crew, minus Rainbow. Her friend had earned her position as a Wonderbolt, pleasing Twilight greatly.

“Come on.” Her bodyguard rolled her eyes. “You want to do that dumb, boring journalist stuff again? What’s wrong with being a superhero? You could haunt the streets, fighting bad guys from the shadows!”

Twilight only sighed. While she appreciated everything they’d accomplished, she missed that tiny office and her old coworkers, Hot Scoops and Da Chief. What were they even doing now? With all the hubbub, she’d lost track of them. Something she’d need to investigate later.

“We’ll see.” Twilight made a weary sigh, annoyed that returning to her old life remained so out of reach. But that was the future. She had other concerns right now.

“That’s odd. The train is late.” She glanced at a nearby clock, seeing it was already three minutes past nine.

Rainbow only rolled her eyes at her princess’s concern. “It’s a train! They’re never on time!”

“Right, right.” Her nervousness about reuniting with her family was making her edgy. Twilight still wasn’t sure how she’d explain Twilight Velvet’s fate to them.

Another twenty minutes passed, and still nothing. Ponies grumbled around them, annoyed by the wait. Many of them had places to go. An odd worry stabbed daggers in Twilight’s stomach. Something was wrong.

“Rainbow, can you fly up and see if you can spot the train?” Twilight asked.

“Princess, I can’t leave your side.” While other guards hid around the station, the Wonderbolt had explicit orders to keep close to her charge.

“I think something happened to the Friendship Express,” Twilight said, her certainty growing.

“Just because it’s over twenty minutes late? I’ve had trains hours late before!” Still, Rainbow relented, bending the rules to answer her princess’s request. She zipped away at astonishing speed, showing why they’d chosen her as a Wonderbolt.

Before Twilight could even blink, her bodyguard had returned. Her stomach twisted in worry when she caught Rainbow’s pensive expression.

“There’s a fire on the track.” She said, “I think it might have gotten derailed.”

After a string of curses, Twilight extended a hoof. “Take me. There’s no time to waste. It has to be Destron. They’re after my family!”

After a moment’s hesitation, Rainbow Dash the Wonderbolt nodded. “Hold on.”

Twilight almost got her internal organs lodged in her bottom hooves as the Wonderbolt flew at full speed. Twilight’s fear doubled as she spotted the smoke Rainbow mentioned, getting a sinking feeling. If anything happened to her family…

“Go faster!” Twilight said, gritting her teeth against the freezing winds whipping against her.

Rainbow nodded and zipped faster. It chilled Twilight further, but she didn’t care. She prayed they wouldn’t be too late.