• Published 9th May 2023
  • 227 Views, 2 Comments

Kamen Rider Lux: Sins of the Parent - Rixizu



After the fall of the Great Leader of Shocker, Kamen Rider and newly positioned Princess Twilight Sparkle tries to rebuild Equestria after Shocker's cruel reign. But a new threat emerges to threaten everything she's worked towards.

  • ...
4
 2
 227

Chapter 15

“So, is this it?” Twilight said, rolling a seven-sided crystal along her desk.

“It should do the job quite nicely, princess.” The elderly unicorn professor said. “It came at a high cost. But it will fulfill all our needs.”

“Very good. We will compensate the university for your work. And arrange a proper memorial for your students.” A pain stabbed at Twilight’s heart for such a senseless loss.

She’d been careless, forgetting that neither Shocker nor Destron cared if their victims were elderly or children if it meant achieving their goals. She should have seen this coming. Bright Eyes and Black Light’s deaths were on her hooves. Zol would pay for this outrage.

Doctor Spectro only nodded, tears stinging his eyes. With a bow, he left after almost losing his composure. Twilight felt so helpless to prevent the suffering of her subjects, no matter what she tried. She couldn’t account for everything, but still.

Enough self-pity. You have a job to do.

“Come in,” Twilight said, watching Pinkie Pie enter her office. The pink earth pony had bandages along her waist and head, with a hoof in a sling. It was remarkable she was even standing.

“Yeppers!” Pinkie said, wincing as she gave her princess a respectful bow. “Whataneed, princess?”

“Take a few weeks off, Pinkie.” Princess Twilight Sparkle said with all her authority. “You deserve some rest.”

“Ah shuck, princess. But I can’t!” Pinkie replied. “You’d get nothing done without me around. Who’d remind you to take your daily meals?”

A blush appeared on Twilight’s cheeks. “I can take care of that myself, thank you very much. And I’m serious. You’d be more a hindrance than a help with your injuries.”

“But..!”

“Pinkie,” Twilight said, her tone offering no compromise. And ponies call me a workaholic.

“Okay,” Pinkie said, unleashing a sigh. “I’ll go home for a family visit. Maud’s been missing me since I moved to the big city! She’ll be so weepy when we see each other again!”

“Enjoy yourself.” It made her heart ache for her family. Both her brother and father had moved to Manehatten years ago. She hadn’t seen them in months, with no time to visit them. No, that wasn’t true. As princess, it’d be easy to arrange a meeting. Truthfully, she feared telling them what happened to Mom. It was an ugly can of worms she didn’t want to open.

“Are you okay, princess?” Pinkie asked, genuine concern in her voice.

Twilight rubbed her eyes with a hoof and yawned. The latest Destron attack had caused her to lose an entire night’s sleep. Not that she usually slept well since becoming a princess. “Just tired.” And with Destron lurking around, rest was an unaffordable luxury.

“You should take better care of yourself and follow your own advice!” Pinkie said, her tone stern.

“That wouldn’t be bad,” said Stormy, breaking her silence. “You haven’t taken the day off since you’ve taken office. You’re going to burn yourself out. My time in the army has taught me to rest when possible. Things are going along nicely. The army is shaping up into a fighting force. Your new weapon is almost complete. And you don’t have any pressing issues that need your attention.”

“Hey, she could take the weekend off and join me on the rock farm!” Pinkie’s eyes alight with happiness. “My family would love love love to meet her! You can taste my mother’s famous rock soup!”

Rock soup? What did that mean? Vegetable soup with spices created from various minerals?

“Actually, I think she’d rather spend time with her own family,” Stormy replied.

“Oh, right, obviously!” Pinkie said, chagrined.

“Well.” The offer tempted her. Darn it, what if something happened? They couldn’t afford to underestimate Destron! Yet, she longed to feel her father’s embrace and hang out with her BBBFF.

“Okay.” Twilight forced out the word, the thought of her brother deciding this decision. Besides, they needed to know what happened to Twilight Velvet. “I guess I can afford a couple of days off. But if anything happens, call me immediately!”

She frowned, not liking the smug expressions on her friends’ faces. “Of course, princess,” Stormy said. “You’ll be the first we contact.”

Would the general honor that promise? Still, she supposed Gilda could fight any Destron monsters if they attacked. Pinkie proved even normal ponies could even defeat one with the right tools.

A light blossomed in Twilight’s heart, eager to reunite with her family. It had been too long since their last reunion. She had so many fantastical stories to tell them.

---

“Please, sir!” The spy said, quacking at Doctor G’s fury. “We were working on the best intelligence we had. Jigoku-Thunder’s death was an odd quirk! A fluke!”

“A fluke that further reduced our already dwindling resources!”

Besides Televi Bae and a couple dozen Combatponies, Doctor G had few allies in Equestria. While Televi Bae could brainwash the rabble to their cause, they weren’t a fighting force. And they had few resources to create new cyborgs. General Stormy Flare was a more competent leader than expected, keeping her new recruits safe. Her misinformation on their secret training camps kept Destron’s spy officers running in circles. Worse yet, somepony still unknown was hunting them. They’d already cost them dozens of valuable Combatponies and several new cyborgs.

Their enemies, however, were recruiting soldiers in droves, emboldened by the Wonderbolts’ propaganda campaign and outraged by the recent Destron attacks. Doctor G could already hear his rival’s smug mockery of his troubles. But they weren’t failures, only costly setbacks.

“Tell me why I shouldn’t skin your hide.” Doctor G gave a nasty smile.

“Instead of demoralizing the army, how about their head?” Fiddlesticks said, playing with her stetson. It was a nervous habit.

“Explain.”

“The princess is planning to meet up with her family for some much-needed R&R! They’ve already left Manehatten and will arrive here late tomorrow night. Imagine how heartbroken Lux would feel if her family got brainwashed to Destron’s side! Or transformed into cyborgs! Better yet, the Pink Devil isn’t coming along.”

Doctor G considered the proposal and nodded. “The idea has merit.”

“I know which train they’ll arrive on,” Fiddlesticks said, regaining some confidence. “A cyborg could intercept it with minor difficulty.”

“True, but not alone.” Doctor G said.

“Sir?”

“Enough slinking about. I need some action.” He couldn’t afford for this plan to go awry. He’d handle this himself. With Televi Bae as backup, even Lux coming to the rescue wouldn’t amount to anything.

“Brilliant, sir!” Fiddlesticks said, throwing more needless, sycophantic flattery on the pile.

“Contact Televi Bae right away. The strategy meeting is at 3.” Doctor G paused, giving the spy a look that clenched her pathetic heart. “Oh, but if this fails. You’re dead, Fiddlesticks.”

The spy shuttered, shallowing a suddenly dry mouth. “I’ll carefully monitor the situation and inform you of any sudden changes in the princess’s family’s travel plans.”

“Excellent. There’ll be consequences if the train is five minutes late, and I’m unaware of it.”

“Yes, sir.”

It felt good to enter the field again, wanting this flex his stinger. He wasn’t like Zol. The battlefield was where he belonged. While it’d complicate matters, he hoped Lux would interfere. He wanted to show her himself why her efforts to oppose Destron were fruitless and foalish. A general of Destron would show her what true power was.

---

“Understood. I’ll be there soon!” Televi Bae said, buzzing with delight. With a flick, he tossed the phone onto its cradle.

He’d been on standby too long, acting as a doctor for a free local clinic to brainwash patients to their side. But now he’d show his stuff and impress Doctor G. If he performed well enough, it might mean a promotion. Televi Bae had always envisioned himself as a Destron General, standing by the greats like Doctor G and Zol.

It would happen someday. A go-getter like him always impressed ponies. If they asked for coffee, he’d make it himself. If they wanted something done, he’d have it finished yesterday. He imagined the hated Kamen Rider Lux under his boot. No match for the great Televi Bae!

Don’t get ahead of yourself. Get to the rendezvous point first. Disguised as a doctor, he rode the subway toward his destination. He grimaced as ponies pushed against him, the train too crowded for much personal space.

His irritation heightened as a unicorn mare with a too-large hoodie began dancing, looking for hoofouts for her performance. These weirdos always showed up when you least wanted them to. Like the other passengers, he only wanted quiet while he waited.

Ponyville has too many weirdos. Televi Bae thought belatedly.

After two more dance numbers, the train mercifully pulled into station 5. The door slid open. Televi Bae joined the passengers, flowing out like a burst dam. Ponies going about their business passed as he climbed the stairs to the outside. An eye twitched as the dancing mare seemed to follow close behind him. Televi Bae prayed she wouldn’t ask him for a hoofout.

A sudden turn drove him into another crowd, walking towards another subway entrance. With his unwanted pursuer lost, Televi Bae trotted onto the surface. Cars zipped past as he headed further downtown.

Posters showing the Wonderbolts zipping proudly into the air littered the walls, asking for recruits to defend Equestria from the Destron scourge. Televi Bae’s face wrinkled in utter disgust, fuming at the traitorous organization for turning against their Shocker masters.

The foals. Shocker has risen from the ashes into something greater! We will crush you under our hooves! Ponies gave him curious glances as Televi Bae laughed to himself menacingly. He ignored those foals, heading into a nearby alley. A couple more blocks and he’d arrive at the rendezvous point.

“Excuse me, spare some change?”

Televi Bae jerked in surprise, heart almost beating out of his chest. The dancer from the subway was standing in the alley with him.

“I have none. Get lost if you know what’s good for you!” Televi Bae said, menace creeping into his voice.

Instead of getting scared, the mare only smiled and thrust a baseball cap forward again, with greater insistence. Irritated, Televi Bae slapped the hat aside, shattering coins everywhere.

“I’m warning you, leave!”

“That wasn’t very nice. I needed that for my supper tonight.” The mare said, unbothered. “But Destron thugs are known for their terrible manners, right?”

“What?”

“I think it’s about time I show myself.” In a flourish, the mare tossed aside her hoodie to reveal a set of wings. She rubbed her face to reveal an azure blue beneath.

“Trixie Lulamoon?! But you’re dead!” Televi Bae said, stumbling over his words.

“Only because I allowed you foals to believe such,” Trixie said. “What’s Destron up to now? You’re going to meet somepony, right?”

“Like I’ll tell you!” Televi Bae burst into giddy laughter. If he defeated the infamous Kamen Rider Protean, a position as a General of Destron was well within his reach! “I’m not just some Destron lackey!”

With a flick of his arms, he transformed. Green armored chitin grew over his torso, while thick black fur grew along his arms and legs. His head split, becoming two television sets with an old-style TV antenna on top. Beneath, he had a metal plate with a black knob where his mouth should be. His actual mouth was between his screens, two pincers with dagger-sharp claws.

“My name is Televi Bae. You’re mine, Kamen Rider Protean!”

“You are going to tell me everything. Henshin!”

Still, how was Trixie Lulamoon alive? Televi Bae scowled, realizing this mare must be the reason for the recent disappearances of his comrades, an outrage he’d avenge. Both combatants circled in the alley’s tight confines, each searching for an opening. This, however, was only a distraction from his actual attack.

“Hypnotic wave!” Lights flashed from his screens, and Protean squirmed as they assaulted her mind. Trixie’d been a fool to challenge this particular Destron champion. Soon, she’d be a willing servant of Destron, mind and soul!

“No!” Trixie writhed, gripping at her bulbous insect skull.

“Surrender! No one can resist! You will obey Destron!”

“Destron must obey! No!” Trixie flailed, trying in vain to resist. “No, I won’t. I’m my own pony! I obey nopony!”

Pain wracked Televi Bae’s head as Trixie drove a hoof into it, disrupting his hypnotic wave. He staggered back, stunned.

“I won’t obey! I refuse to obey!” While still wobbly, Protean seemed to regain strength by the second. Impossible. How could anypony have such willpower? Or was it just pure bloody-mindedness?

Several jabs stabbed into Televi Bae’s chest, driving him back. Damn it, he’d underestimated the Rider, but he hadn’t lost yet. Unbeknownst to Trixie, he’d already won. He had an ability that would spell the Rider’s doom!

If I survive that long. Televi Bae thought as Trixie drove a kick into his sternum. With astonishing speed, the Rider countered each blow the monster sent her way. Since a straight-up fight wasn’t to his advantage, Televi Bae changed strategies.

“Hey!” Trixie growled as the Destron cyborg’s wings buzzed, sending him up the alley toward the roofs.

Metal screamed as Televi Bae tore off a nearby AC unit, hurling it at the Rider’s head. Trixie deftly stepped, and the missile flew past her. Taking to the air, Protean followed her attacker.

“Forget I could fly?” Trixie said, landing with deft hooves. But Televi Bae used the taunt to throw a double-hooved blow into the Rider’s head. A roll sent Trixie away from Televi Bae’s follow-up strike and blocked the second.

“Fool, I have you right where I want you! Pain Wave!” Face to face, Trixie had nowhere to run. A red light emitted from his TV sets, the Rider howling in agony. A body blow sent Trixie off the roof into a nearby parking lot, a car cracking in half as she landed on it.

Trixie cursed, struggling to stand from her metal bed. But Televi Bae flew down towards her, emitting another Pain Wave. The Rider writhed, helpless against such agony.

Good work, Televi Bae! Doctor G said in his head. Finish Kamen Rider Protean. Her body will unveil its secrets to us when we dissect it.

The Destron General had been watching the fight all along, Televi Bae broadcasting it when the battle had begun. Even if, in the unlikely scenario that Televi Bae had lost, Destron would have learned Trixie’s battle data. Then, they’d created the perfect cyborg to counter her.

Yes, Televi Bae would enjoy that. Trixie’s body had resulted from a failed experiment by the infamous Twilight Velvet. A thousand times over, it should have killed her. With Kamen Rider Protean’s secrets, they’d be unstoppable!

“Die, Rider!” Televi Bae slammed a hoof down toward Protean’s chest.

“I haven’t lost yet!” Trixie’s hoof intercepted the blow, holding it in place.

Another pain beam drove the Rider to her knees, but Trixie refused to surrender. Flinging her head back, she whipped it forward into Televi Bae’s twin TV sets. The Destron monster staggered in pain, a kick to the sternum driving him to the ground.

“How about tasting your own medicine?” Trixie clapped her hooves together and thrust her right hoof forward. Red light shot toward Televi Bae, and agony consumed him.

“What? But that’s impossible!” How was Trixie using his own power against him?

“A little ability I have. I’m very adaptable.” Protean replied. Sweet release gave Televi Bae room to breathe as Trixie stopped her assault. Little comfort, however, as the Rider swept his hooves from under him. Before he crashed to the pavement, Trixie grabbed him from behind by the neck.

“Talk. What does Destron have planned? It feels like you have something big planned.”

“I won’t tell you anything!” His defiance only tightened the hold, choking him. Was this it? Was this where Televi Bae died? But he would die with his heads held high, never leaking a thing to the enemy.

No, tell her about the attack against Twilight Sparkle’s family. Doctor G said.

Sir?!

This can work to our advantage. Trixie Lulamoon is a wild card that must be eliminated. Never fear. She’ll never expect it to be a trap.

Three birds with a single stone! It was perfect! Genius! Trixie would walk right into her doom! Besides, it was better that Protean learn about their plan from him. The Rider would dog them until she uncovered it, anyway.

“We’re going after Princess Twilight Sparkle’s family.” Televi Bae said when the grip lessened. “They’re coming by train from Manehatten in a couple of days. We will use them against her. Her heart will break when she sees their corpses!”

“Typical Shocker ruthlessness, whatever you name yourselves,” Trixie said, disgusted.

“The attack will occur at 8:00 PM tomorrow.” Agony coursed through his sets as they got pounded into the pavement. This was it. This was the end.

Good work, Televi Bae. You did Destron a service with your sacrifice. Doctor G said.

“Protean Spinning Rider Kick!”

As Televi Bae died, he could only laugh. They’d already won. Kamen Rider Protean just hadn’t realized it yet.