• Published 9th May 2023
  • 227 Views, 2 Comments

Kamen Rider Lux: Sins of the Parent - Rixizu



After the fall of the Great Leader of Shocker, Kamen Rider and newly positioned Princess Twilight Sparkle tries to rebuild Equestria after Shocker's cruel reign. But a new threat emerges to threaten everything she's worked towards.

  • ...
4
 2
 227

Chapter 20

“You’re surrounded, Kamen Rider Lux!” Hasami Jaguar cried, slashing his scissor-like claws together to create sparks.

“You’re finished!” Kame Bazooka added, blasting a shell at Twilight. She yelped in pain as a Combatpony decked her from behind. More joined him, obstructing her as the cat monster slashed at her. Sparks flew from her helmet as his claw slashed past her face.

Trapped on all sides, Lux used the nearest Combatpony as a jumping platform. She landed several hooves away and whistled. Her foes scrambled in surprise as her new bike almost ran them down. Twilight reunited with her Cyclone Delta and sped forward, sword raised. Combatponies collapsed as Twilight struck them with her blade, thinning their numbers. Another shell blasted at Lux, but her Cyclone leaped over it.

“How’s this?” Twilight circled around, racing towards Hasami Jaguar next. But the monster leaped into the air, knocking Lux off her bike. They collapsed in a heap and rolled across the pavement. Unfortunately, the Destron monster got the upper hoof, landing on top of his hated foe. Lux hissed as he used the opportunity to dig his claws into her armor. With a twist of her body, she threw her opponent off. Her victory proved short-lived, as a shell blasted her across the street from Kame Bazooka’s back cannon.

“Ouch,” Twilight said, groaning as she raised herself to her hooves. These two monsters were a formidable duo.

“Now, it’s time for you to die, Kamen Rider Lux!” Hasami Jaguar leaped forward, claws extended over his head. But Twilight proved quicker on the draw, taking to the air with her wings of shining light before the blow struck. While still in midair, she redirected her path into an axe kick. The monster howled in pain, crashing face-first into the dirt.

While the monster sat momentarily stunned, Twilight took her shot. She flipped high into the air and sent another kick toward Hasami Jaguar.

“Photonic Burning Rider Kick!” Light gathered around her bottom hoof as it connected with the cat monster’s chest as he struggled to stand. The creature screeched in fear and pain, stumbling several steps before collapsing and exploding in a magnificent fireball.

“Hasami Jaguar! Damn you, Lux!” Kame Bazooka cried, lobbing another shell at his enemy. But Twilight pirouetted away and charged. Explosions blasted apart pieces of road, but Lux used her keen scientific mind to calculate their velocity and point of impact. Without Hasami Jaguar to distract her, they were easy to avoid. More Combatponies moved in to waylay her, but she only slipped around them.

“Photon Punch!” Her radiant punch crumpled Kame Bazooka’s cannon, the monster panicking when he realized he was defenseless. Lux didn’t hesitate to capitalize on her advantage. She flipped in the air from the back of the turtle monster’s shell and delivered the fatal blow.

“Photonic Burning Rider Kick!” The Rider Kick struck the monster right in the head, knocking her opponent several hooves away. He exploded in a blast of fire when his body impacted the ground. The remaining Combatponies scattered, their morale devastated by their two champions defeat.

“Phew. Now time to find Zol and finish this!” She untransformed, wanting to save her energy. While it disheartened her that Trixie couldn’t fight by her side, a grin broke on her face as streaks of multicolored light zoomed past her. The Wonderbolts had entered the fray against Destron. Woe to anypony foalish enough to challenge them.

They weren’t Ponyville’s only defenders. Her soldiers charged into battle, facing the invaders head-on. They used their own tanks to counter the enemy ones, blasting them to scrap.

Despite their courage and tenacity, their forces were fewer. Stormy hadn’t been able to requisition enough of them. Smoke rose from several buildings as the fighting intensified. Lux mourned for her city and subjects. On Cyclone Delta, she zoomed toward the thickest of the fighting. Her sword made quick work of their enemies. But for every one Combatpony she downed, four took their place.

She gasped in surprise as a Shocker Combatpony knocked aside a Destron one who had tried throwing a spear at her back. More Shocker forces appeared, fighting against the Destron menace.

“Thought you might require some aid, princess.” Inquisitor Doo said, punching a Destron Combatpony senseless.

“Thank you. Shocker’s help is most appreciated.” There’s a sentence I thought I’d never say!

“Follow me. I know where Colonel Zol is.” Ditzy Doo said, waving further in town. “Doctor Shinigami is engaging him right now!”

“Right,” Twilight said, nodding. “Lead the way! Let’s finish this!”

---

Trixie couldn’t believe her eyes. She rubbed them, half convinced she was dreaming. Shocker Combatponies were fighting alongside the Equestrian forces to defend Ponyville.

“Told you Shocker were the good guys the entire time!” Dinky said smugly. “Momma’s fighting to protect everypony!”

“It still changes nothing,” Trixie said, scowling. She’d still despise them until the end of her days. But, she supposed, not all Shockers ponies were evil. Maybe.

“Whatever, let’s kick some flank!” Trixie yelled, throwing a kick at the nearest Destron goon’s stomach. Another got cut off at the knees, their muzzle meeting pavement. A sword slashed at Trixie’s face, but she ducked back and headbutted her attacker.

“It’s Trixie!” A Destron Combatpony said, drawing attention to the Rider. “Get her!”

“If you can!” Trixie said, puffing out her chest. Dinky squealed in fright as more Destron Combatponies swarmed them, weapons raised.

While her leg still throbbed something fierce, Trixie’s agility had returned. She ripped a staff from an enemy’s hooves and used it to pummel the Destron goons assaulting her. Despite their number, they couldn’t match Trixie’s skill or agility.

“You got them,” Dinky said in wide-eyed amazement at the groaning Destron Combatponies around them.

“Was there any doubt?” Trixie said, beaming.

“Protean!” A Shocker Combatpony said, running towards them. Trixie tensed, but relaxed as she made a salute. “Thank Shocker you’re here. These Destron scum seem endless! This way, I’ll lead you to where Princess Sparkle is fighting. She’s left to confront Colonel Zol!”

“Thanks,” Trixie said, her tone neutral. This alliance didn’t please her whatsoever.

“Leave Inquisitor Doo’s daughter with me.” Another Shocker Combatpony said, “I’ll take her someplace safe!”

“No, thanks. She’s staying with me,” Trixie said, her paranoia sparking like wildfire.

“It’s fine,” Dinky said in protest. “They’re friends!” But Trixie refused to relent and brought the filly with her as the reluctant Combatponies escorted them into the warzone.

Inwardly, Trixie scowled, knowing she’d need to join forces with Twilight Velvet’s daughter again. Well, never mind. It was only an alliance of convenience. They’d surely be enemies again in no time. That matter could wait, however, joining her Shocker Combatpony guide in battle.

Watch out, Zol. I’m coming for you!

---

“Hiya!” A Destron Combatpony yelped in pain as Rainbow’s kick knocked them senseless. A Shocker Combatpony finished them with a blow from their club.

Despite the sneak attack, the battle was turning against Destron. Combined with General Stormy’s extensive preparations and Shocker’s help, they were fighting the enemy back. The Shocker forces were more numerous than Rainbow had expected, appearing from nowhere to assist the battle.

Civilians cheered as Gilda destroyed another tank, allowing them to escape. Soarin guided them, leading them to various safety shelters across the city. The other Wonderbolts slashed across the sky, picking off strategic targets while the ground forces dealt with the primary force. While skilled fighters and flyers, the Wonderbolts were still just a support team.

“Rainbow, we have some of our forces pinned at the sports store on 67th. Assist however you can,” General Stormy said through Rainbow’s comm.

“Affirmative, sir. On my way!” A rainbow zipped through the sky as she hurried her way there.

It didn’t take long for Rainbow to find her objective. A force of about seven soldiers was taking cover behind a turned-over desk. Nearby, two dozen Destron Combatponies were harassing them with crossbow bolts and spells. Only a blue shield protected the defenders from the onslaught. But, from how it flickered, Rainbow guessed the barrier won’t last long.

“Dang, that’s a lot of bad guys,” Rainbow said, trying to assess how best to fight them. The Destron forces had some pretty effective unicorn spellslingers on their side, capable of downing her in a single hit.

“Um, I might need some backup,” Rainbow said through her comm. “I can’t handle this by myself.”

“Don’t worry, I’m on my way!” An unfamiliar voice said.

A blinding light crackled through the air as a whip cracked between the Destron Combatponies, scattering them. Several unfortunate goons seized up as thousands of bolts of electricity coursed through their system. The others fled for cover as another whip flew past them.

“Well, I’ll be.” This wasn’t something she’d ever expected. One of Shocker’s monsters had come to her aid.

Two flaring red eyes terrified the Destron Combatponies as the creature lumbered forward. While moving somewhat awkwardly, his scaly muscles held an impressive amount of power. His pale olive face was a mismatch of pony and fish. Extending from both arms were two whip-like tendrils that sparked with electricity.

“Run while you can, Destron scum. Or else, you’ll face the wrath of Namazuguiller!” The catfish monster said, gesturing with his claws.

But the Destron Combatponies remained firm, charging at the interloper. One unicorn blasted energy at the Shocker monster, but it deflected off Namazuguiller’s scales. Another Destron goon screamed as a tendril struck him, filling him with a thousand volts of electricity. A third had their spear torn from their hooves and knocked back into their stomach. Seeing her new ally harried on all sides, Rainbow zipped in to help. She refused to leave anypony hanging, from Shocker or not.

Together, they forced the enemy to flee to safety. Bolstered by these reinforcements, the once-trapped soldiers charged and took their vengeance on their enemies. Any of the goons not paralyzed by Namazuguiller’s shocking tendrils got knocked unconscious by Rainbow’s waiting hooves. Seeing the battle had turned against them, the remaining Destron Combatponies fled to safety.

“Flee, you cowards!” Namazuguiller said, nodding in satisfaction.

“You’re not bad!” Rainbow said, punching the Shocker monster on the shoulder. In response, Namazuguiller preened in satisfaction.

“That was way too close.” A familiar face said, emerging from the safety of the sports center.

“Shining Armor?” Rainbow said, surprised she’d accidentally run into the Princess’s brother. “What are you doing here?”

“Doing my part!” The stallion said, puffing out his chest. “The Wonderbolts aren’t the only ponies capable of fighting. I’m not on active duty anymore, but a cop will always protect the populace!”

“Glad to have you.” Since Rainbow knew she couldn’t talk some sense into the stallion, she might as well use him. “Was that your shield?”

Shining Armor nodded, giving a salute. “Shield spells are my specialty. Use me however you see fit.”

“Okay. We’ll see what we can do.” A voice on her comm caught Rainbow’s attention. “Understood. Be right there.”

She turned to face her new comrades. “Coronal Zol has finally shown his fat, ugly mug. It’s our job to back the princess up! She’s meeting remarkable resistance.”

“Let’s go!” Namazuguiller said, gesturing with a hoof. He seemed pumped and ready for action.

“Don’t worry, Twi, we’re coming!” Shining added.

The rest of the soldiers nodded, and they joined Rainbow to besiege Zol’s camp in the quarry outside Ponyville. Minutes later, Gilda flew above them, ready to add her support. While she gave the Shocker monster a disdainful glare, she saluted Rainbow. While the Wonderbolt grimaced at the crimson staining her friend’s metallic claws, Rainbow couldn’t help but grin. With their combined forces, the scumbag Coronal Zol didn’t stand a chance!

---

As the two legends faced off, Dinky marveled. Zol grimaced as he fought back Doctor Shinigami’s cane sword with his riding crop. Both combatants breathed hard as they fought to overcome their foe’s defenses. From her vantage point on Trixie’s back, Dinky cheered Doctor Shinigami to victory.

Bolstered by the sight of their great heroes, both sides’ Combatponies fought with everything they had. They were even pressing Trixie hard as they sought her life. But the Ranger refused to be denied. Dinky gripped on for her life as Trixie darted around the battlefield. Unfortunately, it drove them away from the fight between the Titans. Dinky prayed that Doctor Shinigami would be victorious and end this battle.

“Woah!” Dinky screamed in fright as a tank shell almost blew them both to smithereens. She cursed, wishing she’d been more emphatic about being left behind with those Shocker Combatponies.

“Argh, I can’t get close.” Trixie retreated, using the dust from another explosion to hide her flight.

“Hide in this bush. It’s the safest place right now,” Trixie said, landing on an outcropping high above the battlefield to allow her passenger to alight.

“I hope so!” Dinky said, her nerves frayed. A battlefield wasn’t even remotely as fun as she’d imagined it’d be.

“I’ll be back!” Trixie said, entering her transformation pose.

“Momma!” But Dinky distracted her, pointing as a familiar red light caught her attention. Combatponies scattered as her momma’s laser eye created a path of destruction in her wake. And the fake princess Sparkle accompanied her, using a motorcycle to cleave a hole through her enemy’s lines. Together, they seemed unbeatable as they made their way toward Colonel Zol.

“Darn it.” Trixie cursed, hating she wasn’t part of the action. But before she flew away, Dinky gave her an impromptu hug.

“Stay safe, okay?” Dinky said, unsure what possessed her to say that.

Instead of replying with her usual sarcastic remarks, Trixie gave the filly a sisterly smile and pat on the head. “Always. I’m Kamen Rider Protean. These chumps don’t stand a chance.” After a salute, the Kamen Rider leaped off the cliff and into the fray.

The battle intensified as the two forces clashed, neither side giving an inch. Dinky watched in wonder as Shocker fought with spirit against the Destron oppressors, her momma the greatest force of destruction among their number. Her daughter couldn’t be prouder.

The false princess wasn’t far behind, knocking Destron Combatponies aside as she charged past them on her motorcycle.

“Colonel Zol!” Finally, the Kamen Rider had found her archfoe, her bike squealing to a halt.

“Kamen Rider Lux,” Zol said. “Finally, you have arrived!”

“Twilight Sparkle.” Doctor Shinigami said, ceasing his fight with the Destron General. “Perfect timing!”

“It’s time we end this, Zol!” Twilight said in a growl. “I’ll never let you have Equestria! After Shocker’s tyranny, the ponies of this wonderful nation deserve to be free! In the name of justice and the late Princess Luna, I won’t allow you to go any further!”

Instead of balking at this speech, Coronal Zol broke into uproarious laughter. “Is that what you think? Foal! You have no idea how trapped you really are!”

“Huh?” The Kamen Rider gave a curious tilt of her head and gasped as Doctor Shinigami slashed at her back with his cane sword. Blood stained the quarry floor as she received an ugly wound across the back.

“What are you doing?” Twilight Sparkle said, shocked. Instinct saved her from the second blow, flipping out of the way.

What the heck! Dinky couldn’t believe her eyes. What was the kindly old unicorn stallion doing?

“Foal. You fell right into our ploy!” Doctor Shinigami gave a dramatic gesture with a hoof. “Destron is Shocker’s successor! They carry the Great Leader’s legacy! We are of one mind and goal!”

The traitorous general clicked a button on his cane. “Attention Shocker, attack the Equestrian forces! In Shocker’s and the great Destron’s name, Equestria will be ours!”

Dinky watched in horror as the Combatponies who’d once fought side by side with Equestria forces in harmony turned against them, catching them completely off guard.

“No! Damn.” Twilight grimaced, holding a hoof to her wound. “So it was all a ploy to make me drop my guard.”

“That’s right,” Zol said, nodding. “And now there’s no escape!”

Momma, please do something! You can’t allow this betrayal to take place! But, much to Dinky’s shock, her momma only beamed, her eyes alight with glee.

“Oh, so that was the plan.” Shocker Inquisitor Ditzy Doo said. “Clever. I’d almost thought you’d lost your senses when you proposed the alliance with Kamen Rider Lux.”

Impossible. What was her momma saying? She wouldn’t really join Destron, right?

“My apologies for the deception, Inquisitor, but the act needed to appear authentic.” Doctor Shinigami offered a polite blow of apology.

“No worries.” Ditzy Doo replied. “It was worth it for the look on Twilight Sparkle’s face. How naïve! For Shocker and the great Destron!”

“No” Dinky heaved, unable to control her breathing. This had to be a nightmare. No way this could be true.

Her momma’s body glowed, transforming herself into a metal monstrosity. The creature pointed a metallic claw toward Twilight Sparkle. “And this quarry will be your grave, Kamen Rider Lux!”