• Published 9th May 2023
  • 227 Views, 2 Comments

Kamen Rider Lux: Sins of the Parent - Rixizu



After the fall of the Great Leader of Shocker, Kamen Rider and newly positioned Princess Twilight Sparkle tries to rebuild Equestria after Shocker's cruel reign. But a new threat emerges to threaten everything she's worked towards.

  • ...
4
 2
 227

Chapter 10

Fast! Twilight slipped back as a hoof flew past her muzzle, entering a defensive stand. Her bones rattled as she blocked the next blow. Protean’s raw power was frightening, but Twilight still possessed an edge in skill over Trixie.

Twilight flinched after receiving a glancing blow but kept on the defensive. Each exchange drove Lux back. Confident in an easy victory, Trixie overextended herself. She howled in pain as Lux took advantage of the opening to kick her in the chest.

“Gah!” Trixie staggered back from a blow to her helmet. She retaliated, but Twilight dodged with ease.

“You’re strong, Trixie, but completely unrefined.” Unlike her opponent, Twilight had been, thanks to Cadance, practicing martial arts almost her entire life. Power meant nothing without skill behind it.

Instead of getting frustrated or angry, Protean only laughed in merriment. “As expected from some spoiled rich brat. No doubt bragging that your training makes you better than me. But I’ve been feeding off raw hatred for years. I won’t surrender until my dying breath!”

Trixie took an odd fighting stance. Twilight wearily circled her. Her Trixie, Red, was an unpredictable mare, unbound by logic or good sense with accomplished fighting skills to boot. Protean couldn’t be as dangerous as her, right?

Her opponent’s battle tactics changed, becoming increasingly more erratic and unpredictable. She’d abandoned herself to moves meant more for their surprise tactics than sense. It should have failed, but didn’t. Somehow, Protean’s limbs appeared where they shouldn’t, striking at impossible angles for a pony’s body.

Twilight’s head spun as a blow struck her forehead, which Trixie followed with a kick that threw her across the parking lot.

“So much for your skill, huh?” Trixie mocked.

What is she? Twilight decided that her opponent had some strange power concerning her body. It seemed impossible, but Trixie had stretched her limbs during their scuffle. Her mother’s experiments must have fundamentally changed how her body functioned.

Had the unstable nature of her magic changed the plasticity of her cells? Her mom had mentioned that Trixie had melted because of the blotched magical fusion. Was Trixie forcing her body to appear like a pony? That only raised more questions.

“Gah!” Twilight yelped in pain as a punch bopped her in the nose. “Hey, do you mind? I’m contemplating serious scientific problems here.” Trixie’s only reply was a kick to the chest.

“Jerk!” The curiosities of Trixie’s body would need to wait. She first needed to deliver the smackdown on the opponent. I can play dirty too!

Trixie grunted as Twilight slipped through her defenses, landing a jab right into her chest. While Protean was fast, she was faster. And she’d learned some tricks since her fight with Gilda. Her opponent cursed as Twilight suddenly shifted around her to deliver a jab to her backside. Lux became untouchable, fluttering around her opponent like a butterfly.

With photon energy, Lux could fly. But Twilight figured she could apply that simple principle to her movement. Instead of hovering in the air, she used her photon energy for quick dashes instead. Her wing slits shone with sudden bursts of light as she switched them on and off.

Instead of getting discouraged, Trixie appeared amused as she whipped dust from her helmet. “Not bad. Maybe the rumors you killed the Great Leader are half true. Though I doubt it. I bet you took the credit for the other Trixie’s heroics, you faker!”

On reflex, Twilight’s eye twitched as Trixie insulted her. She reminded herself that Protean was taunting her into a mistake, but it took some effort. The other mare’s self-satisfied, smug attitude rubbed her the wrong way.

She flinched back as two blades flew past her muzzle, missing her by inches. With surprising quickness, Protean slashed towards her with the twin blade ability she’d stolen from Kabibinga, sparks flying as one clipped her in the waist.

“You’re not the only one with a sword!” Lux summoned a blade of pure photon energy and blocked the incoming bone swords. It scorched a black mark on Protean’s weapons, but they held firm. Sparks flew as Trixie slashed across Lux’s helmet, while Twilight scored a hit across Protean’s chest.

“Interesting,” Protean said, studying her injury. “I can’t seem to steal your ability. Too machine, maybe? Never mind, you’re dead meat, regardless.”

While no swordspony, Protean’s swordplay was quick and unpredictable. Each Riders’ movements faltered as they struck direct hits on their opponent. Lux’s lungs heaved as the battle intensified, but Trixie wasn’t even winded. Protean continued the fight with a vigor and energy that seemed inextinguishable. Or was it just plain bullheadedness?

Twilight howled as a bone blade struck her between the shoulder blades, hitting like a truck, and staggered back.

I need to finish this quick. Trixie’s too resilient for a prolonged battle. It made Twilight even more self-conscious of her weaknesses, but such self-recriminations could wait.

Her sword blazed brighter as she focused her photon energy. It drained her as it burned through her energy reserves, making her knees wobble. She’d need to bask in the sun for almost a day to regain her strength, but it should provide the bite she needed.

As predicted, Protean blocked her photon sword with her twin bone blades. But the mare didn’t anticipate the sheer power behind Lux’s sword. Trixie jerked in surprise as deep holes burned through her weapons until they snapped in two. Sparks flew as the blade carried through, leaving a deep slash across her chest.

“Time to finish this!” Lux’s photon wings extended wide as she leaped into the air, her boot glowing as she gathered energy into it.

“I haven’t lost yet!” Insect wings sprouted from Protean’s back, driving her upwards toward her opponent.

“Photonic Burning Rider Kick!”

“Protean Spinning Rider Kick!”

The impact of the two kicks colliding blew both Riders back from their sheer power. Fire lit across Twilight’s back howled as it struck the pavement, her entire body screaming in agony. She lost her transformation, her breath heaving.

“Damn.” Gripping her throbbing left leg, Trixie pulled herself back into a standing position.

“Not bad. I thought an influx of endless cake would make you fat and weak, Princess Faker.” Trixie said, holding the remains of her bone sword. She’d also lost her transformation, limping towards the other Rider. Twilight tensed, seeing the broken sword still had a jagged, pointy tip. She cursed, entering a fighting position on shaky hooves.

But instead of lunging with her weapon, Trixie studied the other mare. “You came to rescue Dinky Doo. But why? Unless Inquisitor Ditzy Doo told you about it.” Trixie said, organizing her thoughts. “It didn’t take long. Already the new government is working with Shocker. How long until you join them, I wonder? Tyranny is easier than freedom.”

“It’s not like that!” Twilight snarled back. “She asked us as a mother to save her daughter. She said she’d turn from her old ways if they helped her. Shocker has decided to reform itself into something better.”

“You’re an idiot if you believe that. Shocker is evil to the core. They can’t be redeemed.” Trixie shrugged. “No skin off my hooves. I might have lost Dinky, but I don’t need her anymore. Now I know where Shocker is.”

Trixie dropped her weapon and limped away, but she stopped before reaching the end of the street. “Next time, I won’t be more merciful. I’m taking you both down. No, correction, everypony down! Shocker, You, and Zol. You better be ready to kill me next time. Because I won’t show you any mercy.”

Twilight watched the other mare leave, helpless to chase after her. She scowled, not liking she’d been called a villain. It wasn’t like she naively believed Inquisitor Doo and Doctor Shinigami’s claims. Twilight had her own doubts but firmly believed in second chances. Once they defeated Zol, she’d deal with the consequences of their alliance.

“It’s done,” Twilight said through her com unit. “I’ve chased her off. No, don’t worry about me. I’ll return on my bike.”

She needed time to think, and riding helped. More than ever, she needed to complete her new Rider weapon. She couldn’t afford to lose or stalemate her next battle. Next time, she’d pound the annoying upstart’s face into the ground.

---

“Momma!”

“Dinky!”

Ditzy embraced her daughter with tears in her eyes. While unseemly behavior for a Shocker Inquisitor, she bombarded her Muffin with kisses. Dinky screamed in protest, but laughed and howled with joy.

“I feared I’d ever see you again.” Dinky rubbed her face into her mother’s chest, staining it with tears.

“Me too.” Ditzy stroked her Muffin’s hair, relief flooding her as she held her daughter.

“I see the foal has been recovered safely.” A voice said. Ditzy stood to attention.

“Doctor Shinigami!” The white unicorn, Rarity, said, not hiding her suspicion. The other guards weren’t much friendlier. Dinky’s eyes were wide, filled with hero worship towards the famous Shocker General.

“Welcome, General. It’s an honor to meet you.” Twilight said with false sincerity. “No need to fear. We are all friends here.”

“With Trixie Lulamoon after my head, I thought it prudent to enter your protection. Besides, our alliance can’t work if I’m hiding in a bunker.” Doctor Shinagmi replied.

“Right, alliance,” Twilight said. “We will give any Shocker member clemency if they join us in the battle against Colonel Zol. My new government believes in second chances. Not everypony who worked for Shocker was evil. They were just ponies working for a legitimate government.”

“Rightly so,” Doctor Shinigami replied. “I’m hoping this will lead to a long-standing friendship. I still have much to offer to both Equestria and ponykind.”

While Twilight gave a grateful nod, she couldn’t hide her misgivings. But she was a genial host, joining the General for drinks somewhere more comfortable. Ditzy wanted to join the talks but couldn’t bear separating from her daughter by even five hooves. If possible, she’d stitch them together for all time! The two broke off to speak about state matters while Ditzy joined her Muffin for a walk around the castle corridors.

“Wow.” Ditzy beamed, enjoying the Shocker architecture used to create the royal castle. They both ignored the sacrilege of Twilight Sparkle’s cutie mark used to spoil the castle’s true beauty. Guards watched them with open suspicion, but they ignored them.

“Uh, is it okay for you to be here?” Dinky asked as they examined the pillars used in the front courtyard. “Don’t they need you in that meeting with the General?”

“Don’t worry about that,” Ditzy replied. “Doctor Shinigami understands I need to spend time with you after that terrible ordeal. Besides, only an order from the Great Leader himself could separate me from you.”

“Thanks, momma.” Dinky hung close, her arm around her mother. Ditzy sniffed, fearing she might break into tears again. Trixie would suffer a thousand deaths for separating them.

“Want to go out for ice cream?”

“Do I?!”

While technically resistricted from leaving the castle grounds, an ice cream cart stood nearby, close to the castle gates. Dinky bounced with excitement as she enjoyed her chocolate cone. She held it in her hoof, still not strong enough with her magic to levitate it.

This is nice. Ditzy thought, enjoying her own chocolate cone. It’d been too long since they’d done something like this, her job always keeping her busy. She spent time with her daughter, but being a single working mother kept her too busy. After her father’s unfortunate ‘accident’, Dinky had nopony else to depend on but her. Amethyst Star barely seemed to care that her step-sister existed.

Damn you, Twilight Sparkle. Damn you, Zol. If she perished in this upcoming battle… No, she couldn’t think like that. She’d win for her Muffin’s sake.

“Going already?” Dinky said, disappointed, as they returned to the castle.

“Work calls.”

“I love you, momma!” Dinky grabbed her in a tight embrace.

“I love you too, Muffin.”

---

“How did the meeting go?” Ditzy asked as she walked alongside Doctor Shinigami. He’d been waiting for her in the royal garden. While guards watched them like hawks, they couldn’t hear their conversation if they kept their voices low.

“She’s wary, but willing to listen.” The Shocker General replied. “Everything is going as I predicted.”

“Good.” Ditzy took in a breath, realizing what she was asking. “I’m ready to begin the procedure.”

“Excellent. You will become one of the Shocker’s mightiest warriors.” Shinigami said with obvious pride.

Her equinity didn’t matter as long as her Muffin was safe. Trixie would pay for foalnapping her Dinky. She would die by Ditzy’s bare hooves. That was an unbreakable oath that the Shocker Inquisitor swore to herself.

---

“Is that plan proceeding as expected?”

Zol did a salute and nodded. “Doctor Shinigami has allied with Lux, just as we’d hoped.”

“Excellent, our enemies are gathering right where we want them.” The shadow said.

“Yes, my lord. I will crush them under my hooves when the great battle comes!” Zol said, beaming with pride. With Twilight Sparkle gone, Destron’s aim would be impossible to oppose.

“Zol speaks prematurely, I think.” A new voice said. Zol resisted the urge to scowl.

“And what do you mean by that, Doctor G?” Zol said through clenched teeth towards his rival.

“I’ve seen her fight. She wouldn’t be an easy opponent.” Doctor G wore a knight’s armor with a blue cape draped over his back. His mighty brass shield bore two fearsome scorpions facing the opposite directions. His helmet had an even more imposing scorpion carved onto it whose stinger seemed ready to strike death at all who opposed him. Over the earth pony’s shoulder was a battleaxe emblazoned with his trademark scorpion symbol.

“What are you implying?” Zol said, not hiding his hostility.

“That you’re biting off more than you can chew. And Kamen Rider Protean still remains an unknown quantity.” Doctor G said with subtle smugness. “You know how troublesome these Riders can be. The alternate histories are proof enough.”

“I can handle it,” Zol said more forcefully.

“I’m not saying you can’t. But we can’t afford for our plans to fail. Pferdreich is a much smaller country than Equestria. When can’t stand against them if the Equestrian war machine comes in full working order? And that isn’t including their alliance with the Griffons. If they unite with the Zebras too…”

“The Zebras can’t threaten us! Their shamanic magics are nothing compared to Destron’s technological might.”

“Enough!” The shadow said, stopping the conversation before it got too heated. The two Generals bowed, offering their absolute obedience.

“Your abilities are tremendous, Colonel Zol, but Doctor G’s points are valid. Destron is still a fledgling organization. We don’t possess the resources Shocker once had. Besides, if Twilight Sparkle uncovers the item that Ambassador Hell carelessly mislaid, we will be in serious trouble.”

“Doctor G. Go to Equestria and further disrupt their war efforts. If possible, break any alliances they might have made.”

“And if I run into Kamen Rider Lux or Protean?” Doctor G said, eager to test his ax against such powerful foes.

“Kill them. And Colonel Zol, continue your work training and recruiting our army. You know we run a tight deadline. Dismissed.”

Both Zol and G bowed and left the dark chamber. They said nothing as they walked through the corridor, but Doctor G gave his companion a needling smile. He knew much Zol would rather have their positions reversed.

But it didn’t matter. Zol knew his role. He was king of Pferdreich, and he’d play his part masterfully. Let Doctor G play with Lux and Protean. His duty was greater. He would present Twilight Sparkle and Trixie’s heads on a platter to the Great Leader of Destron. He smiled, knowing glory was close at hoof.