• Published 9th May 2023
  • 227 Views, 2 Comments

Kamen Rider Lux: Sins of the Parent - Rixizu



After the fall of the Great Leader of Shocker, Kamen Rider and newly positioned Princess Twilight Sparkle tries to rebuild Equestria after Shocker's cruel reign. But a new threat emerges to threaten everything she's worked towards.

  • ...
4
 2
 227

Chapter 1

Rain pounded against Ditzy’s fur as she solemnly trotted across the graveyard. Her hooves squelched through the mud as she passed countless grave markers, their names indecipherable under the blinding rainstorm. They were anonymous, forgotten by history and everypony else. The Inquisitor likely faced a worse fate, but she trotted forward anyway. She’d take whatever awaited her with a high head.

The knocker sent a resounding boom through the stone door, its rumbling piercing through the heavy rainstorm. Moments later, the mausoleum door opened of its own volition, revealing uneven stone steps leading into the unknown darkness below. Heart heavy, Ditzy abandoned the chilly rain for the even colder passage below.

Her steps echoed through the chamber as she trotted down the steps. The stairs seemed endless, appropriately winding around towards hell itself. Eyes watched her from places unknown, judging her for her failure. And Ditzy didn’t protest, knowing she deserved to burn for her deficiencies. Finally, she stepped into a black chamber. The only light coming from a candlestick that showed the figure she’d known had been waiting for her.

“Doctor.” Ditzy bowed respectfully towards Doctor Shinigami, one of the few remaining Shocker executives. The aged pegasus’s black velvet cape blended into the dark, making him seem like a disembodied head floating in the air.

“Inquisitor Doo, you have some nerve showing your face after your failure during the invasion of World A. I’ve heard all. The Great Leader is dead. Worst still, rebels sat on the Great Leader’s throne, and other nations have rebeled against their rightful masters. Tell me why I shouldn’t kill you where you stand?”

Ditzy didn’t argue or refute the general’s accusations. Shocker’s invasion of the other, weaker timeline should have been an easy victory. That universe had neither the Riders nor Rangers to defend it. They’d even brainwashed the Ranger Trixie Lulamoon to their side. Curse Twilight Sparkle. Curse Lux and her meddling.

As the highest-ranking member to survive the invasion, neither dead nor captured, she bore responsibility for the disaster. Ditzy bowed her head against the cold stone floor in surrender. “It is as you say, Doctor Shinigami. But I came here because Shocker needs me. If you think I deserve death, I won’t protest. Do with me as you wish.”

Several long moments passed as the general studied the prostate, Inquisitor. No, Ditzy wouldn’t complain if Doctor Shinigami destroyed her. It was what she deserved. It had almost broken her to learn of the Great Leader’s demise. He’d been a great stallion, a true visionary. Without him, the world was a dimmer place.

“Rise, Inquisitor.” Doctor Shinigami said. “You aren’t to blame for the invasion’s failure. Besides, Shocker can’t afford to lose a mare of your caliber and loyalty. It impresses me you came despite knowing the possible dire consequences.”

“I live to serve.” Tears stung Ditzy’s eyes, moved by the general’s generosity.

With a wave of a hoof, Doctor Shinigami summoned lights, revealing a high-tech laboratory. Tubes glowed with strange chemicals, and computer banks buzzed with activity. It prominently displayed the Shocker’s emblem above the doctor’s throne.

“With Shocker in turmoil, any news is scarce. Report, Inquisitor Doo.”

“I still can’t contact Colonel Zol in Pferdreich. And Commander Cadance…” Ditzy hesitated, hating being the bearer of such terrible news. “She’s vanished. I fear she might have gone mad! Nopony’s seen her since last week.”

“Regrettable, but of little consequence.” Doctor Shinigami replied.

“Sir?” Ditzy blinked. Kamen Rider Cupido was their greatest asset. Without her, Twilight Sparkle might be too powerful to defeat.

“Observe.” The Shocker General waved a hoof, and a tube illuminated the room. Ditzy squinted, unsure what she was looking at. Its skin was dry and skeletal, utmost unrecognizable as a pony. Ditzy gasped as she recognized the dilapidated pink pony, seeing the horn accompanied by the pair of wings.

“Cupido is easy enough to replace.” Doctor Shinigami said. “The original proved too difficult to convert, so we needed to be creative to make our own version.”

So, the three alicorn princesses are gone. Luna fell during the invasion of Canterlot, slain by the Great Leader himself. Celestia perished when she returned from exile in the sun and foolishly challenged Shocker for supremacy. The final had been captured by Shocker, but it'd been a shock to learn the Princess of Love had died long ago.

“Tell me, Inquisitor, is it true Trixie Lulamoon has returned to her world?” Doctor Shinigami asked.

Finally, good news to report to her superior. “Yes, I saw it myself. With the other Princess Luna’s help, she entered the portal she’d used to enter our world.”

“Excellent!” Doctor Shinigami clapped his hooves together. “So our only true obstacle is Twilight Sparkle, Kamen Rider Lux. And from my reports, she is no Ursa Red.”

Hope blossomed in Ditzy’s heart, realizing the truth in the general’s words. While the situation was dire, Shocker still held a tight grip over the world’s nations. Only a single mare and a group of rabble stood in their path. Unlike the Ranger, Lux didn’t have extensive training and experience. “Your wisdom knows no bounds, sir.”

“Then let us begin,” Doctor Shinigami said. “My next experiment will bring an end to the troublesome Kamen Rider.”

Shocker is eternal! Ditzy performed the Shocker salute with pride. With luck, they’d pay back Trixie’s crimes soon enough. She swore the Ranger’s world would burn for the insult they had played against Shocker. Just wait, Trixie Lulamoon. We’re coming for you.

---

“These Shocker folk just won’t give up!” Applejack said, reporting on the current situation in Equestria’s capital, Ponyville. “Those gosh darn villains almost poisoned my entire crop! Ponies will need to pull their belts tight for this winter.”

“Thanks, AJ. Keep up the good work!” Twilight said. It’d been a common enough story in the last few weeks. Some members of the Shocker remnant seemed intent on burning Equestria to cinders, rather than allowing it to fall into the rebel’s hooves. The entire country seemed to be held together by string and good wishes.

“Sure thing, Princess Sparkle!” AJ replied. “I’ll keep in touch!”

“Please don’t call me that!” Twilight groaned at the nickname she’d gained since the Great Leader’s death. “I’m not of royal blood, and nopony elected me for the role!”

Amused, the farmer pony raised a skeptical eyebrow. “Really? Cause I see only one of us sitting on a throne right now.”

Twilight flushed. “It’s just a comfortable seat, that’s it!”

Her flank currently sat on the throne of the former Great Leader of Shocker. Not because Twilight thirst for power, but it proved a convinent command center. Their resident spy and femme fatale, Rarity, had spruced up the place. She replaced the Shocker logos with decorative lamps and other colorful upholstery. The room had been too gloomy and dark for Twilight’s liking.

She sighed as the apple farmer left, leaving the Kamen Rider with her brooding thoughts. Weeks had passed, but Equestria wasn’t any closer to the free elections Twilight desired. Rooting out Shocker sympathizers proved more difficult than expected. Worse, too many ponies wanted Twilight herself to take Luna’s throne and start a new royal line. Like it or not, Twilight Sparkle was the de facto leader of Equestria.

“Is that all the meetings for today?” Twilight asked her secretary, bone-weary from the matters of state.

“Yepperoni!” Pinkie Pie said after checking a clipboard. “All done for today!”

“That’s a relief.” Twilight wanted to hit her bed and sleep for a week, but she had pressing duties. She needed to plan for her morning meeting with the Griffin Kingdom’s ambassador.

They were Equestria’s best allies during this tumultuous period, proving the most stable of the other countries. Unlike Equestria, the royal family had gone into hiding when Shocker rose to power. It hadn’t been difficult for the Kraus family to resume their position as the empire’s head. Equestria’s system of having eternally wise, godlike ponies as leaders had unexpected downsides. They’d left no obvious heir to take their place!

“Thanks, Pinkie. Your organizing skills have been a lifesaver!” She really needed to work on delegating more tasks. Her workload had become burdensome at late.

“Always happy to help, princess!” Pinkie beamed, accepting the praise with a wide smile.

Twilight groaned at the unwanted nickname and left without another word. Her problems could wait until tomorrow, bed first. Her desire for rest proved fanciful as Starlight Glimmer rushed up to her, a worried expression on her muzzle.

“Is something the matter, Starlight?”

The visitor from another timeline panted, gathering her breath, before finally speaking. “It’s a disaster, princess! Colonel Zol has successfully taken power in Pferdreich. General Fire Flare and her rebels’ attempts to stop him have failed!”

“Ponyfeathers!” Twilight was too tired to care about propriety, and followed Starlight into a computer room. Ticker tape sprouted from a computer. Twilight scanned its contents, revealing the dire news. Colonel Zol, a former Shocker General, had gone rogue, taking the royal throne of Pferdreich, and declared himself king. It was all over the international news.

“This is bad!” Twilight paced. If Zol successfully bolstered his troops, his armies could be a dangerous threat. Pferdreich’s neighbors weren’t in any condition to protect themselves. Heck, even Equestria might fall with the country still in such shambles! What was she to do? She was only a single solitary pony. She couldn’t fight off entire armies!

“And I can’t leave to stop Zol either!” Equestria couldn’t afford for its de facto leader to run off and fight bad guys! What a mess!

“Darling, have you heard about Colonel Zol?” Rarity asked, barging into the room.

“Yeah, just now.” Twilight’s body sagged, weighted down by the burden of this latest threat. “Starlight, see if you can get me data on Pferdreich’s military strength and technology. If they attacked Equestria tomorrow, what would we face?”

She doubted she’d get any sleep tonight. There was too much to plan for. Equestria needed to gather military funds sooner than she’d expected. Dear Shocker, how would other countries take this news? Would they mirror Zol’s thirst for conquest? How would the griffon ambassador react? While the griffon lands were a scattered collection of states, they could be a serious threat if they gathered together and attacked Equestria! There was too much to plan for!

“Oh, dear. Are you okay, darling?” Thankfully, Rarity never used the princess moniker everypony else had given her.

“No, I’m fine.” Twilight lied. “It’s just the burden of being a leader!”

“When’s the last time you’ve slept, Twilight?” Rarity asked, concern entering her voice.

“It doesn’t matter. Give me some coffee, and I’ll be right as rain!”

The spy clicked her tongue. “No, this won’t do. A mare needs her beauty sleep!” Without warning, the mare grabbed Twilight with her magic. Tired from the day’s events, the Kamen Rider was too weak to protest. She winced as Rarity unceremoniously dropped her before the door of her quarters.

Twilight opened her mouth, but Rarity beat her to the punch. “No, buts. You’re plum tired, dear. Yes, Zol’s rise to power is concerning, but it’s a matter that can wait till morning. He can’t attack anypony anytime soon. You need to be rested and clear-headed if you wish to combat him. Besides, it isn’t certain he’ll even keep his power. I’ll do what I can to help General Fire Flare.”

“Makes sense, I suppose.” Twilight couldn’t help it. She was a natural worrier. “Thanks, Rarity. You’re a good friend. I’m glad to have a smart pony like you on my side.”

“Think nothing of it, dear. Good night.” With a wave, Rarity left.

As Twilight snuggled into her sheets, her fuzzy mind returned to Zol, Shocker’s former overseas ambassador. He’d oppressed Shocker’s other member nations with an iron hoof. It was a shock he’d betray Shocker for his own personal power. It brought Twilight a horrible sense of dread, knowing he’d be a terrible tyrant to the people of Pferdreich. Ponies were suffering, and she couldn’t do a darn thing about it.

What I’m I talking about? I’m a Kamen Rider! I’ll tear him from Pferdreich’s throne with my bare hooves! While still anxious, she had delightful dreams of Rider Kicking the former Shocker General in the face.

---

The city of Ponyville was bustling with activity as Trixie walked along its streets. Cars whizzed by. Ponies joked, laughed, and went about their business. Nopony paid her any mind as she slipped past the crowds. Posters depicting the mare of the hour, Twilight Sparkle, lined the walls of buildings. Trixie snorted at them with disgust. It annoyed her that Lux had replaced the Great Leader of Shocker in all but name. But she’d change that. Trixie would show everypony who was the real hero.

But I have unfinished business first. Trixie’s dusty cloak billowed in the wind as she scanned the crowd, knowing her target couldn’t be far. She enjoyed eating at a local establishment called Sugarcube Corner. While technically in hiding, the Shocker agent couldn’t resist her sweet tooth.

Hiding behind a mailbox, Trixie watched the entrance of the colorful gingerbread cottage. She got cavities just looking at it. Still, the delightful odor made her mouth water. She needed to return sometime. It’d been years since she’d had anything approaching a confectionary. You didn’t find cupcakes in sewer systems.

Her musing about her lost life ceased when her target finally appeared. While hidden by a floppy cap and a trench coat, Trixie would recognize the blond lavender-colored unicorn pony from anywhere.

Lavender Lace ducked into Sugarcube Corner, acting as casually as possible. A portly blue earth pony mare greeted Trixie’s target and took the mare’s order. After getting her order, Lavender left. She slipped around a corner, doing her best to avoid getting noticed. Unfortunately for her, Trixie intended on dogging her until the end of time.

For several hours, Trixie’s target slipped around Ponyville. She sent worried, furtive glances around her, her anxiety heightening to a fevered pitch. Trixie had allowed her target to realize she was being followed. Lavender tried in vain to slip away, but Trixie doggedly kept on her trail. Finally, she ducked into an old abandoned hoofball stadium.

The dilapidated bleachers overlooked a torn, weed-filled hoofball field. Trixie’s target stood amongst some broken seats wearing an ugly scowl.

“I know you’re out there!” Lavender Lace said. “Show yourself!”

On cue, Trixie appeared from behind a pillar, meeting her nemesis face to face. She kept her cloak on and studied the other mare. From Lavender’s expression, she didn’t recognize Trixie.

“Who are you?” Lavender asked. “A bounty hunter? A Lux crony? A PI? You have some guts coming after a Shocker operative. I don’t think you know who you’re dealing with. I used to be second in command to Doctor Shinigami himself!”

“So, you don’t recognize me?” Trixie scowled, answering her own question. None of her other targets had membered her, either. They’d ruined her life beyond repair and didn’t care. Unforgivable!

“Should I?” Lavender raised her head in a haughty expression. She gasped as Trixie removed her cloak, revealing her wings. They were the fruit of this mare’s twisted experiment.

“My name is Trixie Lulamoon. And unlike you, I remember you most specifically. You were Twilight Velvet’s assistant during the experiment that made me like this!”

Comprehension dawned on the mare. “Wait, weren’t you the volunteer for the advanced enhancement program? Incredible. Shouldn’t you be dead? Your body lost all molecular cohesion!”

“Yes, it did. You scraped what little remained of me off the floor, then tossed me down a garbage disposal. But I wasn’t dead. I persevered!” Trixie had spent years as basically a pile of goop. It had taken years of effort to reconstitute herself back into a pony.

“And you have wings. You must have taken pegasus characteristics when we infused you with their magic!” Instead of horror, the Shocker scientist only showed a scientific curiosity about Trixie’s predicament.

“Three ponies died because of it!” They recruited two unicorns and one pegasus for the experiment. But when their magic was being infused into Trixie, it had gone catastrophically wrong. The magical imbalance had killed them and cursed Trixie with a worse fate.

“Oh, this is about revenge,” Lavender said, yawning. Apparently, Trixie’s tragic backstory was a tiresome bore to her. Like other members of Shocker, no heart thumped within her chest. “You are a foal! You probably think I’m just some lackey scientist, but I’m almost as deadly as Doctor Shinigami himself! Did you think we did those enhancement surgeries for fun?”

Lavender’s body changed, her hair whitening and extending across her body. The parts not covered by hair hardened into grotesque gray skin. She was barely recognizable as a pony.

“You can call me the Snowpony, one of Doctor Shinigami’s deadliest killers!” The monster said, stomping towards her seemingly helpless victim. Like the others, the Snowpony didn’t know what they faced.

Trixie extended a hoof and waved it across her body. Her stomach rippled as a metal device grew from her flesh. Its carapace was golden with a red x that glowed with a brilliant light from a jewel encased in its middle. Its formation caused waves of agony to pass through her body. But the pain only heightened her determination and thirst for revenge.

“Henshin!”

Light exploded from her belt, consuming her body, changing it. A black exoskeleton hardened around her fur. Her bottom half turned bright yellow with black stripes, warning her foes of her dangerous nature. Crimson arm guards formed around her legs. Her eyes extended outward, growing into red jewels, whose eyes saw the world in a different light. Antennae grew from her forehead, and her face lost its pony feature and became more insect-like, becoming the color of blood. Her wings became transparent, folding behind her.

When Twilight Velvet hadn’t just merged Trixie’s magic with three other ponies. The mad scientist had fused Trixie’s DNA with a grasshopper, making Trixie lose her equinity. This monster form was that twisted experiment's ultimate result.

“What?” Despite her beast-like muzzle having little resembling a face, the Snowpony recoiled, horrified.

“Lux isn’t the only pony with power. You can call me Kamen Rider Protean.” Trixie bent down towards the ground, pouncing with frightening force.

The monster howled in pain as Trixie pounded her chest with her hooves. Each jab was lightning fast, almost impossible to see. The Snowpony staggered backward, sending a backhoof toward Protean’s face in retaliation. With a deft movement, Trixie slipped around the attack. Her back hooves kicked her opponent across the stadium.

Dirt flew as Lavender landed in a crater. With some effort, the Shocker monster struggled to her hooves. She grunted in frustration as Trixie used her insect-like wings to hover over her. Protean had proven a stronger opponent than the Shocker scientist realized.

With a meaty hoof, Snowpony whipped blood from the slit that constituted her mouth. “Not bad for a freak. But I’m the strongest of Doctor Shinigami’s monsters. Prepare to meet your death!”

With powerful bone-crushing swings, the monster went on the offensive. Despite blocking them, Trixie felt each blow vibrate through her body. Lavender proved a more skilled fighter than she’d expected. A misjudged dodge after a clever faint left Protean open for a devastating blow to the chest. Trixie staggered back, crying in pain.

“Die, Rider!” A punch jabbed towards Trixie’s head, intending to cave her skull in. But Snowpony was fighting a Kamen Rider, a troublesome opponent even for Shocker's best. Her opponent gasped in surprise as Trixie’s front legs stretched forward, wrapped around Snowpony’s punch and stopping it whole.

“What?!”

“I’m not like other ponies, thanks to you,” Trixie said, hiding a smirk under her helmet. “My body is more pliable than most.” Snowpony howled in pain as their skulls connected and staggered back.

A barrage of jabs and kicks overwhelmed Snowpony, who struggled to fight back. Each blow seemed to hit its mark. Trixie’s legs seemed fluid, able to attack from any direction she wished.

“Protean Shining Rider Punch!” The blow sent Snowpony flying, crashing into a stadium wall overseen by bleachers. Her wings fluttered to life, flying high into the air. Trixie glared at her prone opponent with contempt, taking delight in her helplessness. This wouldn’t return her to normal, but it gave her a measure of satisfaction.

“Protean Spinning Rider Kick!” Her wings buzzed at blinding speeds as Protean drove down toward her opponent. The blow connected with Snowpony’s chest, her body buried deep into the wall. Moments later, the monster’s body exploded, erupting into a fireball as Trixie landed.

“That’s another one down.” While Trixie’s quest had succeeded with her previous marks, tougher challenges still awaited her. From a Combatpony she’d interrogated, Trixie had learned a high-level Shocker executive had come into contact with her true target, Doctor Shinigami. With Twilight Velvet reported dead, Twilight Sparkle was the best surrogate for her considerable wrath.

She withdrew a picture of a tiny unicorn from her dusty cloak pocket. The pale purple coat and blond maned filly would help along the next step of her revenge. While it loathed Trixie to involve a foal, it was a necessary evil. Her revenge couldn’t be denied.