• Published 9th May 2023
  • 227 Views, 2 Comments

Kamen Rider Lux: Sins of the Parent - Rixizu



After the fall of the Great Leader of Shocker, Kamen Rider and newly positioned Princess Twilight Sparkle tries to rebuild Equestria after Shocker's cruel reign. But a new threat emerges to threaten everything she's worked towards.

  • ...
4
 2
 227

Chapter 2

“Wow, they’ve really spruced up the place!” Gilda’s charge, Princess Gabby said, peering over the rim of a nearby decorative vase. “Shocker’s never been known for their decorative charms!”

Gilda only snorted, tapping an impatient metal claw against the richly carpeted floor. “I’d prefer the former, actually. Ponies and their pastel fashions hurt my eyes.” The sickening colorful land of Equestria was a far cry from the Griffon lands. Her people were of the clouds, fierce hunters and warriors. They were as rock-hard and unmovable as the cliffs they lived among. Ponies liked pretty parties and rainbows.

Still, Gilda could respect Equestria’s newest ruler, Princess Twilight Sparkle. She was a valiant warrior and a hero. Rumor told that she’d killed the Great Leader of Shocker by herself. The griffon lands wouldn’t have regained their freedom without her courage.

While the griffons had secretly siphoned away weapons and technology from their Shocker overlords, fighting against the organization was another matter. Despite the deaths of its greatest leaders striking it a crippling blow, the organization refused to die. And, like any hunter, the griffons were eager to deliver the killing blow!

Which brought them to this upcoming meeting. Last night, the griffon embassy had learned that Colonel Zol had seized power in Pferdreich, declaring himself king. The General had become a beacon for his ilk. Shocker remnants were already regrouping within the country’s borders. Shocker might be dead, but Gilda feared an even worse enemy might have replaced it.

Hey, what are you worried about? We have Kamen Rider Lux on our side. Zol wouldn’t stand a chance. It made Gilda even more interested in meeting this pony warrior. They’d need to have a sparring match after the diplomatic crap had ended, eager to test the pony princess’s metal.

“Princess Sparkle will see you now!” A pink pony with a wild poofy mane said. “Right this way.” Instead of walking like any normal person, she bounced down the halls, leading them toward a far door.

“Ponies.” Gilda sighed and rolled her eyes, but followed as instructed.

The pink pony opened the door, revealing an office. Official documents covered a deck, the papers rising almost to the ceiling. Despite the mess, everything seemed well organized, each sorted alphabetically. A purple pony pushed herself from her seat, extending a hoof to greet them.

“Oh my gosh, you must be Princess Twilight Sparkle,” Princess Gabby said, shaking the pony’s hoof with vigor and a wide smile. She threw herself into a tight embrace with the pony princess. “It’s such an honor to meet you!”

“Just Twilight, please. We’re still getting our new governmental system in order. Princess is mostly just an honorary title until we elect a proper ruler. I doubt I’ll keep it for long.” With some effort, Twilight disentangled herself from the Princess’s hug. “Sorry we couldn’t meet in the diplomatic rooms, Princess Gabby, but they’re under repair after a Shocker agent terrorist attack.”

“I don’t mind. Still, Twi slew the Great Leader!” Princess Gabby continued, breaking protocol with such a familial nickname. “I can hardly believe it!”

“I had help.” The pony gave a self-deprecating laugh.

I can’t believe it. This twerp beat the Great Leader? You could just smell the nerd wafting from her. This pony seemed fitter to paint figurines for some lame nerdy war game than fight in an actual war.

By the gods, we’re all doomed! If this is Equestria’s best, we’re royally screwed.

“Oh right, this is my bodyguard, Captain Gilda.” Princess Gabby said, after almost forgetting herself in her enthusiasm. “She’s our royal captain and best expert in the art of war.”

“Glad to meet you, Captain.” Twilight winced as Gilda’s steel talons clamped around her hoof.

“Same.” With impressive courage, the pony remained firm. Surprising, considering the force of her mechanical grip. Maybe the pony would prove more interesting than Gilda had expected.

“I’m sure you’ve heard the news about Pferdreich, Princess?” Twilight asked, shaking her hoof in relief as Gilda released her grip.

“It’s terrible business, Twi!” Princess Gabby shook her head in dismay, saddened they needed to disperse the pleasantries. “My father, Emperor Gruber Var Kraus, has ordered us to help Equestria however we can in order to combat this threat. He won’t tolerate another tyrant in Pferdreich.”

The griffon lands were a collection of nations with a proud history of unity under a single royal banner. The empire strived for stability, especially in such chaotic times. A power-hungry leader on their borders would disrupt that desired peace. What happened to Pferdreich after Zol lost power was uncertain, but one problem at a time.

Twilight sighed in relief. “I’m glad we’re on the same wavelength about this issue.”

“We don’t care how it’s done. But we’re tearing that ugly flank of his off the throne.” Gilda scratched at the carpet with her metallic talons, ripping holes into it. Rage bubbled to the surface, which she didn’t fight against. Hatred of Shocker had kept her alive these many years, and her greatest wish was almost within her grasp.

Twilight glanced down towards her shredded carpet and forced a nervous smile. “Glad to hear it, Captain. We’ll be happy to work together with you.”

Gilda returned the smile, her pony host finding no comfort within it. “I’m ready to discuss battle strategies whenever you are, Princess.”

“Sweet! Let’s kick their butts!” Gabby jumped from talon to talon, not noticing the sudden tension in the room. “Can we get some cupcakes? I’ve always wanted to try one!”

“Sure thing!”

Gilda jerked back in surprise, almost leaping from her feathers. Where had that pink pony come from? She was a deadly warrior, with decades of experience. Yet, somehow, the pony had snuck up upon her. “We aren’t here for pleasantries.”

“Nonsense! It’s always time for cupcakes!” Unlike her princess, the pink pony seemed immune to Gilda’s intimidating glares. From nowhere, she pulled out a tray of colorfully decorated cupcakes.

“These are great!” Gabby took one without hesitation, plopping it into her mouth. Her eyes widened, fluttering in the air in delight.

“Thanks, Pinkie.” Princess Sparkle said, taking one and nodding in thanks.

“You should take one too, Gild!” Her princess said, and the bodyguard suddenly found every eye in the room directed toward her. Sighing, Gilda surrendered to peer pressure, plunking a cupcake from the tray.

She gave the confectionery a tentative bite and flavor and sweetness assaulted her senses. It was good! But Gilda hated showing weakness and only gave a noncommittal shrug. “It’s fine.”

The conversion began in earnest as Princess Sparkle divulged some intelligence she’d gathered since Coronal Zol had taken power. They had less time than Gilda had hoped. The new king was already consolidating Pferdreich’s considerable military might. Turns out, they had stockpiled arms into the country for years. Pferdreich had been a backup seat of power if Shocker ever lost control of Equestria. Zol must have known about the Great Leader’s secret contingency plan.

While requiring months to train and organize his forces, Zol would quickly become a serious military threat to its neighboring countries. Worse, only Equestria and the Griffon Kingdoms stood any chance of standing against them. Internal struggles still occupied the other nations’ attention. With a slippery talon, Gilda stole another cupcake and popped it into her mouth.

“You say some top-secret plans have gone missing?” Gilda asked. “For what?”

“A sophisticated, bipedal tank with possible nuclear capabilities,” Twilight replied, her tone grim. “While the computer files were scrubbed, we’ve found bits and pieces of its blueprints. My experts tell me it could level entire nations!”

“Fantastic.” Still, it didn’t matter. It still couldn’t match her talons. Tanks weren’t a bother to her. She absentmindedly played with the release on her right arm, which would open her secret laser cannon capable of slagging a tank.

“That sounds pretty bad!” Unlike Gilda, her princess had little understanding of battle and military matters. Regardless, worry crept into her usually cheerful face. “I will inform my father about this!”

“Any other nasty surprises?” Gilda asked.

“I’ve heard rumors Doctor Shinigami has been active, but we haven’t located him yet.”

“Hey, with luck, maybe the two Shocker Generals will fight against each other!” Gabby said, her tone hopeful. “Zol is a traitor, after all.

Doctor Shinigami. Gilda’s talons tore deeper into the carpet. Rage bubbled to the surface, unbidden. The bastard better pray he never resurfaces. She had some choice words for him.

“You’re right!” Twilight’s eyes sparkled with hope. “Shocker doesn’t tolerate deserters! I’ll see what I can learn!”

“In the meantime, I’ll open up applications for recruits for Equestria’s own army.” The pony princess’s expression turned somber. “I don’t want an army, but we’ll need one to counter this threat.”

Gilda snorted, her tone superior. “We were already on it. But yes, I look forward to fighting alongside you, Kamen Rider Lux.”

After sneaking another cupcake, she left with Princess Gabby to make arrangements. Like it or not, both their nations were at war with Pferdreich. Ponies had proven more capable than Gilda had expected, but could they bear the difficulties of war? Or would the strain make the entire kingdom of Equestria crumble? Only time could tell.

---

“No, she’s not!” Dinky pressed against the other filly’s face, teeth bared in a snarl. “Take it back!”

“I ain’t!” The other yellow filly said, a stubborn frown creasing her lips. “She’s a villain! My sis says so and everything, and she’s the smartest pony in the world!”

“Don’t talk about my mama that way!” Dinky’s temper flared hotter, ready to pop the farmer filly in the nose for such lies. “She’s a hero!”

“Bloom, why are you even bothering to reason with her?” Apple Bloom’s lackey, Scootaloo asked. “She’s got Shocker on the head. She isn’t right up there!”

“Yeah, I bet her mom gives her brainwashing juice every morning with her toast!” Lackey two, Sweetie Belle, said.

“Why you!” Flame practically shot from Dinky’s mouth. Her momma had sacrificed everything to protect these foals! Why couldn’t they see the obvious? Her momma told her to never start a fight, but her temper was beyond frayed.

“Think Dinks! Everything’s great with the Great Leader gone!” Pipsqueak said, the traitor. They were supposed to be friends!

“Yeah! AJ’s done nothing but sing Princess Sparkle’s praises!” Apple Bloom said. The other schoolyard foals nodded their agreement.

“Under the new Princess, daddy’s been super happy!” Diamond Tiara said. “They barely tax his business anymore! No dumb Shocker military tax!”

“Like totally!” Silver Spoon added.

“Princess Twilight is best princess!” Pipsqueak said, practically chirping with delight. “A bona fide hero!”

“Lies! Lies! Lies!” Dinky’s temper had struck its breaking point. She refused to accept the hero-worship of that evil murderer!

Sorry momma, but it’s about time my hooves do the talking! Before Dinky could throw the first punch, a tall figure stepped between them.

“Hold on now. Enough of that.” Their teacher, Ms. Moondancer, said. Her long silky mane swayed behind her in an almost mesmerizing pattern as she spoke. She was the prettiest mare Dinky had ever met. “I won’t allow any fighting on my playground. Period.”

“But she started it!” Dinky pointed towards the offending filly, Apple Bloom.

“I started it?” Apple Bloom replied, indignant. “You’re the one spouting Shocker nonsense!”

“Why you!”

“Enough!” Literal fire shot from their teacher’s mouth as her body lost its form, her Discordian nature sneaking through. While lasting only a brief moment, Dinky had seen mismatched horns over an asymmetrical head with sickly yellow eyes with uneven pupils.

After reconstituting her body, Ms. Moondancer gave each foal a scathing glare that splashed ice water over any remaining tempers. She nodded in satisfaction that she’d cowed her hot-headed students.

“Good. As punishment for this little quarrel, I expect a thousand-word essay on the history of pre-Shocker Equestria by Monday.” Ms. Moondancer said, announcing her cruel punishment.

Since arguing was pointless, the foals slunk away toward their home classroom. Dinky moved to join them, but her teacher stopped her.

Much to Dinky’s surprise, Ms. Moondancer smiled with compassion. “Look, Dinky, I know it’s hard with your current family situation. If you ever need to talk, I’m here, alright?”

“I’m fine,” Dinky replied, fighting back her whirling emotions. After the failed invasion, everything had gone wrong. Her mother was a fugitive, forcing Dinky to live with her stupid half-sister, Amethyst Star.

“Okay.” Her teacher said, unhappy, but she didn’t push the issue. “Just remember what I said, okay?”

Ditzy wanted to scream at the top of her lungs at the utter unfairness of her situation. Her momma was a hero! Why did everypony believe Princess Sparkle’s lies?! She sniffed but didn’t cry, not wanting to show weakness. Without another word, she returned to her classroom to begin math with Ms. Wallflower.

After a day that stretched into a seeming eternity, the school bell rang. Dinky ran out into the schoolyard with her fellow students. She avoided her so-called friends and Apple Bloom’s posse, hiding amongst the other students.

Ponyville South Elementary was a large school, boosting almost a thousand students. It wasn’t hard to hide amongst those numbers. Still, foals recognized her and pointed at her, whispering terrible things about her. They threw around the word traitor and Shocker flunky numerous times. Yet Dinky stayed strong, refusing to cry. It wasn’t until she reached an empty park that the tears finally shed. She hid in a nearby tree so nopony could see her.

“I want my momma!” Dinky sobbed into her hooves, knowing she was alone in the world. Her momma was a wanted criminal, her half-sister was cold toward her, and everypony couldn’t stop telling lies about them. She despised Princess Sparkle, the murderer, with her entire being. She’d ruined everypony’s life!

When the tears finally dried out, Dinky scrambled back to the ground. Miserable, her body sagged as it trotted back home. She froze, her heart almost exploding with hope as a gray figure with a blond mane flew above her. Had her momma finally returned home after all this time? Disappointment crushed Dinky’s heart when she realized the pegasus was only Cloudkicker. The weather pony waved, and the filly returned it. Dejected, Dinky resumed her trot home.

“Good, I finally found you.” A voice said. Dinky turned to discover a unicorn cloaked in a tattered brown cloak standing behind her. “I’ve been looking for you.”

“What do you want?” Dinky asked, annoyed.

“To reunite you with your mother, obviously.” The mare replied, stunning Dinky into silence. Had she heard that right?

“Sorry, what?” Dinky didn’t allow her heart to hope.

“Look, kid.” The blue unicorn crept in close, her tone conspiratorial. “I work for Shocker. Doctor Shinigami has asked me to retrieve you for your mother. She’s worried sick about you! We can talk more, but not here. Princess Sparkle’s spies are everywhere.”

It rendered Dinky speechless. Finally! Did this mean Shocker was gathering allies to overthrow the wicked fake princess? Her good fortune was almost too much to believe! She gave the older mare a nod and a wink. Best to avoid the attention of watching ponies. Shocker was back baby!

“Follow me. Our secret headquarters is this way. Make sure nopony sees you.” The mare pointed towards an alley behind an old VHS store. Grime covered the place, and the streetlamp overlooking it blinked, making the shadows flicker and dance. Dinky nodded in approval. It appeared the perfect place for a clandestine meeting!

The other mare entered first, and Dinky remained patient, waiting for the perfect chance to slip into the dark alley. Ponies were milling about, and she wanted to avoid unwanted attention when she rendezvoused with the Shocker agent. When Dinky figured no eyes were upon her, she slipped behind a nearby trash can before entering the alley proper.

“I’m here!” Dinky squinted in the dark, her eyes hurting as the light flickered above her. “Momma, are you here too?”

Much to her disappointment, only the Shocker agent was in the dark alley. Her expression turned stone-faced, unreadable. Her cloak had slipped to the side, revealing a hint of blue feathers.

Feathers? Dinky squinted, wondering if it’d been a trick of the light. She gasped, a wing extending from the cloak. This unicorn had wings too?

“Don’t worry. I fully intend to reunite you with your mother.” The mare said, a cruel smile twisting her feature. Too late, Dinky realized that she’d made a grave mistake. This mare wanted to hurt her momma through her!

Desperate, Dinky opened her mouth to scream. But before she could even blink, the mare was upon her. She howled into a cloth as it covered her mouth, blocking any cry for help. Her head went dizzy, and Dinky had trouble keeping her eyes open. She tried struggling against her captor, but the older mare’s grip was like a steel bar.

“No.” Dinky’s eyes got heavier, and her struggling lessened. Before she lost consciousness, she gazed up toward the wrathful eyes of her captor.

“Yes, I will reunite you with your mother. But I’ll tell you this: it will be her last day alive. She will die for her sins.”