• Published 23rd Jun 2023
  • 2,902 Views, 339 Comments

Equestria: World War II - The Unseen



Equestria is transported to Earth right before World War 2 is supposed to begin and an evil entity breaks free of his prison, how will they survive?

  • ...
16
 339
 2,902

Chapter 8

-------------------------------------------------------------------MANEHATTAN------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was now around 7:00pm in Equestria. It had been around three hours since the humans had arrived at the library, and they were now preparing to leave, for the Manehattan Museum. "Are you all ready?" asked Luna.

"All good to go over here." replied Ambassador Rockmond.

"Same here." replied Ambassador Wood.

"Alright then, follow me, please." said Luna, as she began guiding all the humans out of the library. As they left, the humans heard the library doors close behind them, and watched all the lights inside go out, guessing that the library had probably closed for the night. Forty minutes later, they were all inside the museum, and were looking at the artifacts and their histories. They had already been shocked at the library at how much the Crystal Empire's, Equestrian, and Earthly history had in parallel with each other, but here it was even more.

Apparently, over 500 years ago, in Equestria, apparently, there used to be a country called Prance, which vanished after the Prench Revolution, where the ruler of Prance, King Ponise XVI, was deposed and executed by Celestia for being a tyrant. It had multiple parallels with the Earthly French Revolution, which took place from 1789 to 1799. However, unlike the French Revolution, after which France still existed, but as a democracy, Prance fell after their Revolution.

There was also something similar to the more recent Russian Revolution, back in 1917, called the Ponysian Revolution, where 150 years earlier, the ponies living in the former Equestrian kingdom, Ponysia, rebelled, killed their ruler, Psar Ponylass, the last ruler of the Ponynov dynasty, and imposing their own rule. Unlike the Russian Revolution though, here, the Ponysians attempted to take over Equestria, until Celestia destroyed their kingdom by tearing off a chunk of Equis' Moon and flattening the Ponysian kingdom, killing them all.

Somehow, some things from that had survived, despite the whole Ponysian empire being flattened by a empire sized chunk of Moon rock. One of them was reminiscent of the Amber Room back in St. Petersburg, but this one was silver instead of amber, and the panels were backed in platinum instead of gold. Then again, platinum was just white gold.

They also found out that Celestia and Luna had enough power to control the Sun and Moon of their own planet. Apparently, they rose the Sun and Moon everyday. In fact, Luna could also see into and enter dreams, which was a little disconcerting, but was quickly resolved when they found out that she only did it during nightmares, and helped ponies face their fears.

However, they also learned something awful about Luna. They found out that Luna had been corrupted and turned into an evil entity known as Nightmare Moon, and Celestia had imprisoned her on Equis' Moon for 1,000 years, until she had come back, around three years earlier. That was when Twilight and five of her friends somehow used very powerful magic to turn her back into the Luna that she used to be before her corruption. "Luna, could I ask you something? Uh... how did this evil force turn you into... Nightmare Moon?" asked Rockmond.

"Mr. Rockmond, are you sure you want to hear this story? I don't want to you to think I am still evil."

"No, Luna, I feel you should, because I want to know what happened. "

"Alright." Luna sighed, and began to tell her story. "Over 1,000 years ago, me and my sister ruled Equestria peacefully. I ruled the day and she ruled the night. However, because ponies enjoyed the day and slept in the night, I became bitter and resentful of my sister, until I decided not to lower the Moon to make way for the Sun, causing an eclipse of dark energy that turned me into Nightmare Moon. After a lengthy fight, using the Elements of Harmony, the same magic that turned me back to Luna, my sister banished me to the Moon for 1,000 years. Believe me, it is the worst thing I have done, and I have wished so many times that I could turn back time and prevent this." said Luna, almost fighting back tears.

"Oh my God. Luna.... I understand what you've been through. <Sigh> Around twenty years ago, due to a petty rivalry, I made a bad decision which resulted in the deaths of some innocent people. Believe me, if I could turn back time, and reverse that decision, I would instantly do so. But, time spent cannot be recovered, and believe me, I spend every night while sleeping thinking about it." admitted Rockmond.

"Oh. I see, Mr. Rockmond. If you don't want to talk about it, then I understand. But.... do you still trust me?"

"Luna, I am a little wary, of course, but I don't think you are the evil entity you once were. I think you are a very good and kind-hearted person, you see, and I don't believe you are the pony you were before your corruption, so yes, I do trust you."

"Oh, okay then, uh, now that's out of the way, I wonder, why you were shocked when you read our history and culture?"

"Oh, you see, your country's history has a lot in parallel with Earth's history and cultures. I don't want to bore you with it now, but I'll explain later."

"Huh, our worlds must somehow be connected, then. We'll probably do more scientific expeditions after we establish diplomatic relations. Anyway, it's now past 7:00pm, we had better get ready to leave, so we don't miss our dinner reservation with my sister. I've already fed on your dietary details to the chefs, so they will try and make dishes appropriate to your physiology."

"Alright, Luna, I'll continue my research into your history."

As Rockmond continued his research into Equestria's history and cultures, he found more similarities to Earth. There was actually a Hundred Years' War in Equestria, over 1,300 years ago, which led to the founding of the Crystal Empire. In terms of cultures, there were even more similarities.

"Huh, these Hearth's Warming Days and Hearts and Hooves Days are just like Christmas and Valentine's Day! I agree with Twilight's sayings that our worlds must have been connected some time in the past. This is clear evidence that it was probably so." said Rockmond to himself.

"Wait, what? You agree with my theory?!" shrieked Twilight, who just happened to be walking by .

"Yes, I do, Twilight. There are festivals on Earth similar to your Hearth's Warming Day, and Hearts and Hooves Days. This proves that our worlds were indeed interlinked in the past."

"OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH! I BETTER DO SOME MORE RESEARCH ON YOU HUMANS TO FULLY PROVE IT! IT'LL TAKE SOME TIME, BUT I WILL PROVE THIS!" shouted Twilight happily, shaking the museum a little.

"Whoa, whoa, Twilight, calm down, okay! We don't want to shake down the museum, now, do we?"

"Sorry, about that, Mr. Rockmond. I just love researching and proving theories." smiled Twilight sheepishly.

"I can see that. Anyways, we need to leave now, so we don't miss our dinner reservations." said Rockmond, as he began to go get his men ready to leave. "Alright, everyone, we don't want to miss our dinner reservations, so we better get ready to head for the restaurant."

"Well, I need to leave anyways, to inform Celestia and Cadance that you will be arriving soon." said Twilight, and then she instantly teleported out of the museum, in front of the awed humans.

"Well, that's something I probably never will get used to." said Rockmond to himself.

At exactly 7:30pm, all 50 men were at the restaurant, the fancy Italian style one known as Luziano's. Luna, Rockmond, Wood, and Twilight were sitting at one table, waiting for Celestia and Cadance to show up. They were a little less formal than they were during the summit, probably because there was no one else in the restaurant apart from the humans, the princesses, the restaurant staff, and the Royal Guards.

"Ah, Mr. Rockmond, Mr. Wood, how was the tour?" asked Celestia.

"It was amazing, your Majesty. Your culture and history has a lot in common with that of Earth. In fact, this city, Manehattan, closely resembles in a city in my country, you see."

"Ah, I know. Twilight told me all about that. Also, don't call me Majesty. Just call me Celestia."

"And you can call me Cadance." said Cadance, who had been silent all this time.

"Alright, so let's first give our orders, and we'll discuss later." said Celestia as a waiter walked to their table.

As the humans scoured the custom menu prepared for them, they found a lot of foods similar to Italian cuisine on Earth, including a few dishes that Rockmond recognized, such as spaghetti bolognese, and lasagna. A few minutes later, their orders were placed, and Celestia and Cadance began discussing politics with the humans.

"So, Twilight tell us that most of Earth's countries are governed by democracies?" asked Celestia.

"Yes, your high.... I mean Celestia. Most of Earth's countries are governed by democracies, as our people desired self-rule, you see." said Wood.

"But your country also still has a monarchy, Mr. Wood?"

"Yes, the democracy governs our own country, but we also have a lot of colonies in other countries. Those are ruled by the monarchy, but we are thinking of letting those be sovereign independent countries that govern themselves, so soon the monarchy may lose a lot of its power."

"Ah. It is amazing to see how you got democracies to work so well on your planet. My sister may already have told you this, but democracies didn't really last more than thirty years on Equis, so to most ponies, they feel that democracies will never work, and monarchy is the way."

"Yes, Luna told us all about the Autonomists, and their failed attempt at democracy, as well as some of the other attempts at that on your home planet, Equis. She also told us about her history as Nightmare Moon, even after which, we still trust you, don't worry."

Celestia was feeling a little worried about what the humans would think of the Equestrians once they found out about Luna's history as Nightmare Moon, but once she heard that they still trusted them, her heart lightened. "Yes, the Autonomists were the closest we ever got to a good democracy. The attempts at establishing democracy in Equis reduced after their country fell. Twilight also tells me there are other forms of government in some of your countries?"

"Yes, there are multiple forms of governments in Earth's countries. There are dictatorships, communist countries, and in fact, there a few countries still ruled by monarchy as well."

"Wait, dictatorships?! There are such countries on Earth?" asked a shocked Cadance.

"Sadly, yes, dictators rule a couple of countries on Earth."

"Oh. Also, what are communist countries?"

"Communism is a social and political ideology that opposes liberal democracy and capitalism, basically, they use a classless system in which property is owned by the public, and private property basically doesn't exist in this." explained Rockmond.

"Ah, I see. Does it work?" asked Celestia.

"Well, there is only one country right now that uses communism: the Soviet Union. They are the biggest country on Earth in terms of land, and are a major world power."

"Is this Soviet Union a part of the League of Nations?"

"Yes, the Soviets are a part of the League of Nations. They will also be present at the meeting the day after tomorrow."

The conversation was interrupted when a few waiters came in holding hot plates full of steaming food. The food was delivered, and they began eating. When they finally finished their main course, at around 8:00pm, the conversation continued.

"To go the League of Nations meeting, we are not going to use ships. We are going to use a new novel method of transport: aircraft. They are flying machines capable of reaching speeds of 600 kilometers per hour, and can cruise comfortably at altitudes of 24,000 feet, or in your units, around 24,000 hooves. We use them to go everywhere all over the world, as ships and ground transport take much longer." said Rockmond, scooping a spoon full of tiramisu.

The princesses were shocked by this. They had seen the strange flying machines the previous day, and assumed they were the humans', but thought they were for military use only. Now they found out they were used for civilians as well.

"Wow! How did you create such machines? We saw them when they flew over our lands the previous day, but we didn't know you were experts at such technology, and that they were able for civilian use as well." said Celestia.

"Yes, aircraft have many uses, for taking civilians to different places, for fighting in wars, transporting VIPs - Very Important Persons, you see. The problem is that air travel is very expensive as of now, and most people can't really afford it, so as of now, it is exclusive only to the rich. We hope to eventually open up air travel to the masses, but that will take a lot of time. The problem is to get an aircraft to land on your soil, it needs a large airstrip to land on. We need to construct a large dirt strip, smooth, free of rocks or any such debris, at least 4,000 feet long, around 150 feet wide, with no high obstructions higher than 1,000 hooves near it. This way the aircraft can land, and take you to and back from the League of Nations meetings. It can also be the foundations for a future commercial airstrip and the beginnings of air travel in Equestria." explained Wood, as Rockmond was busy finishing his dessert.

"Ah, I see. I will have construction begin first thing tomorrow morning. If our workers construct it double-time, it can be finished tomorrow night itself."

"Good. It will open up new trade routes and diplomatic relations with Equestria."

"Oh, dear, it seems there is a meeting scheduled, so we need to leave now. But before we go, we would like to ask you one last thing. Twilight would like to take a tour of one your ships tomorrow. Could you manage that?" said Celestia, looking at the clock.

"Sure, thing, we could also invite some Equestrian military forces as well for that."

"I will ask them and get back to you tomorrow morning. In the meantime, we need to leave now, I suppose you know your way around Manehattan now?"

"Yes, we do. We can easily find our way back to the docks."

"Alright, then, we shall take your leave then. See you tomorrow morning!"

"See you in the morning, then." said Rockmond as the princesses and Twilight teleported out again, and Rockmond and Wood began getting their men back into the line. Things were going really well. Too good, felt Wood, as he felt something bad was on the horizon. Something evil. Something... chaotic.