• Published 23rd Jun 2023
  • 2,899 Views, 339 Comments

Equestria: World War II - The Unseen



Equestria is transported to Earth right before World War 2 is supposed to begin and an evil entity breaks free of his prison, how will they survive?

  • ...
16
 339
 2,899

Chapter 16

2ND SEPTEMBER 1939

------------------------------------------------------THE PALACE OF NATIONS, GENEVA--------------------------------------------------------
It was 4:30am in the morning. The princesses were packing up their final things, getting ready for the six-hour flight back to Manehattan, on the same plane they had arrived on, the 307 Stratoliner. Their visit had been cut short by war preparations. Celestia was also nervous about how the public would take the news once they returned to Equestria. Sure, the renaming of their currency from the bit to the Equestrian dollar would be nerve-racking, and the shift to paper currency would be hard on the Equestrian economy.

But the fact that they would soon go to war was also pretty scary, considering it had been just a week since their arrival on Earth. She knew multiple Equestrians would die, and so would a lot of humans, but it was the only way to prevent Discord from destroying Earth. This was truly a case of cutting off an infected arm to save the rest of the body. Then, again, it was the only way.

They finished packing up, and the Royal Guards were also ready. Some of the Equestrian diplomats would stay back at the League of Nations, to handle the negotiations with the rest of the world leaders. Their flight would be leaving in an hour and a half, and by 4:40am, they were all at the entrance to the Palace of Nations, bidding farewell to some of the world leaders, such as Roosevelt, Chamberlain, and Lebrun. Their flight would arrive in Manehattan at 12:30pm Geneva time, or 10:00am Equestria time.

"I do hope that our plan works, Mr. Chamberlain." said Celestia.

"Hopefully it does, your Highness. If it doesn't, may God help us all." replied Chamberlain. The ponies then bid farewell, as they hopped into the six black cars that had brought them there when they had arrived. Again, it was only a short ten-minute drive to the airport, and by 5:00am, they were outside the posh VIP terminal, where they underwent security checks, which annoyed some of the Royal Guards.

They had an hour before their plane left, so they all went to the breakfast buffet, and enjoyed the large number of foods on offer. There were multiple cuisines: French, Swiss, Russian, Indian, British, Mexican, so many choices. The princesses, and Shining Armor chose some Indian cuisine, particularly masala dosas. These thin savory pancakes were stuffed with potato curry, making it a yummy and spicy breakfast food.

Some of the Royal Guards felt that the Indian and Mexican food was too spicy for their liking, and ended up having a full French breakfast instead.

At last, at 5:45am, around fifteen minutes before they were scheduled to depart, the ponies walked onto the tarmac, and boarded the big plane. Air travel had awed them so much that Twilight, who had written to her friends a lot about air travel since their arrival in Geneva, was already drawing up plans for future Equestrian and Crystal Empirean airlines, using data on aircraft she had found at the Palace of Nations.

A few minutes later, the four piston engines were started, and the big propeller airliner began taxiing to the runway. Takeoff was smoother than it was from Manehattan, probably because they were using a tarmac runway this time, unlike the dirt runway in Manehattan. The flight was uneventful, with some minor turbulence along the way. The meal service was also delightful, although not as good as the one at the airport.

Finally, at around 9:50am Equestria time, earlier than their scheduled arrival time, they were on final approach to Manehattan Airfield. The big plane pulled off a smooth touchdown and began slowing down. The plane stopped, and the propellers shut off. The doors opened, and the princesses got out to a loud crowd, all being held back from the airfield by a large number of Royal Guards. As they got out, Celestia looked at the plane. It would head back to Geneva in an hour.

As they left the airfield and entered the city, she was planning her address to the nation that evening in Canterlot. One would also occur in the Crystal Empire as well. This would announce the decision of the Equestrians to go to war. She knew it would cause a lot of uproar, sending her little ponies to war, in a world they did not know so well. But, again, it was the only way to stop Discord.

She was thinking of how to announce this, when Ambassador Rockmond, who had been with them during the whole trip, asked Celestia something. "Your Highnesses, I assume you are prepared for the announcement of our decision, right?"

"Yes, Mr. Rockmond, I am. I plan to announce it later in the day." said Celestia.

"How do you think your citizens will react, when they find out about your decision to do this?"

"Not too positively, that is for sure."

"Well, they'll later find out what war is like. Anyways, we are actually going to have to keep some of our warships here for a few months."

"Why is that so, Mr. Rockmond?" asked Celestia.

"They will act like American embassies, in a way, until the infrastructure in Equestria is upgraded. We will have monthly crew rotations, with other ships coming in. Once that is done, and a permanent embassy building is constructed, we can take them back to our home country."

"As I much as I am concerned about having a large warship like that docked at a major city, it will do, I suppose."

"Don't worry, your Majesty. Nothing should happen while it is here."

"Hopefully.... " said Celestia, turning away from Rockmond, and turning to Wood.

"Your Highness, for the same reason, we are also keeping some of our ships here." said Wood.

"That's fine, I suppose." said Celestia.

"Your Highnesses, uh, could we speak to you in private for a minute?"

"Yes, sure thing, Mr. Wood, and Mr. Rockmond. What is it?"

"Well, we are concerned that the Germans might try to attack your countries by air. We would like to build a few more airstrips around the border, and station Royal Air Force fighter aircraft there."

"Fighter aircraft? Again, I'm not sure that is a good idea, but I am a little concerned about an aerial attack by the Germans, so sure, you may station some in our countries."

"Don't worry, your Highnesses. Our militaries will try to protect your nations as best as possible."

Over the next two hours, time went slowly, as the princesses went back to the conference center, where they were discussing things with the rest of the Equestrian bureaucracy. They were also preparing to begin the change from the bit to the Equestrian dollar. The new currency note's design had been agreed upon, and that announcement would also be made that evening. It would be made in Canterlot. Since there wasn't an airfield where an aircraft could land in Canterlot, the princesses would use teleportation to take the humans to the venues of the addresses (in this case, Canterlot, and Crystal Castle).

At 11:30am, after lunch, Celestia, Luna, and Cadance told Wood and Rockmond what they were planning. They were pretty excited to see what something as fantastical as teleportation felt like in real life. The princesses had informed them, that despite being convenient, teleportation used a lot of energy, therefore, they mainly used it only for special cases, such as this. They were also excited to see Canterlot and the Crystal Empire for the first time. Twilight would also be coming to the Canterlot address, with her friends.

At 1:30pm, after reassuring their men, Rockmond, Wood, and a few others, went off to join the princesses. Rockmond and a few American diplomats would join Cadance at the Crystal Empire, while Wood and a few British diplomats would join Celestia and Luna in Canterlot. They were excited to see the capitals of the Equestrians and the Crystal Empireans, and especially excited to see what it felt like being teleported.

At 1:40pm, the humans met up with the princesses. "Alright, is everyone ready?" asked Luna.

"All ready over here, your Highnesses." replied Wood.

"Cadance, all good at your end?" asked Luna.

"Yes, we're all good over here."

"Alright, here we go..." said Luna, as she, Celestia, and Cadance began the teleportation spells. The humans felt like they were about to be sucked into large pipes. They felt as their feet were lifted up into the air, and everything became a superfast blur, as they were teleported. The next thing Wood knew, he was right outside the beautiful city of Canterlot, which looked more beautiful than in the pictures he had seen of it in the museum.

It was a beautiful city, built into a hill. Despite it looking precarious, it had been there for over 2,000 years, so it was pretty safe. He wondered how they would build an airport there. Thankfully, the hill wasn't too high, and there looked like a decent area, around half an hour away by car, where they could build an airport, with around two or three runways, and a safe approach and departure path.

The humans walked into the city, and they could see all the other ponies looking at them, some in fear, some in awe. They were all more richer than the ponies in Manehattan, from the way they were dressed and walking. One of them, a brown Earth pony, was even wearing a collar and tie, like an Earthly businessman or world leader.

They were discussing business deals and what not with their comrades, probably thinking how they would make use of human technology. Probably discussing airlines, oil companies, and other such things. They couldn't believe how beautiful the city was, and they were now approaching the Royal Castle. The gates opened, and they went in. The castle was large, and they all went to the conference room, where they would be staying until they went back to Manehattan.

The castle's conference room was more lavish than the one they were at in Manehattan, and it had waiters serving refreshments every few minutes. Some of the appetizers were pretty similar to Earthly dishes. They then met some Equestrian diplomats, and told them about their plans. They were willing to help the humans build an airport near Canterlot, but it would take a while, so until then, to get the ponies to the UK, they would have to go to Manehattan, and have RAF planes take them to military training camps in Britain.

They would be randomly distributed into Army, Navy, and Air Force. The military planners were already modifying several aircraft, ships, and tanks so ponies could operate them, and from now on, all new vehicles to roll off assembly lines, no matter if they were cars, trains, planes, or ships, would be pony-compatible.

It was now 3:00pm. Crowds were starting to arrive. The address that would send Equestria to war would take place in half an hour.