• Published 23rd Jun 2023
  • 2,899 Views, 339 Comments

Equestria: World War II - The Unseen



Equestria is transported to Earth right before World War 2 is supposed to begin and an evil entity breaks free of his prison, how will they survive?

  • ...
16
 339
 2,899

Chapter 5

Author's Note:

Sorry about the delay posting this, my quarterly exams were going on, but lets get to the chapter!

29TH AUGUST 1939

----------------------------------------ATLANTIC OCEAN, 50 KILOMETERS FROM EQUESTRIA------------------------------------------
Ambassador Dennis Rockmond was keeping an eye out for the British ships. Leading the US Navy flotilla of ships was the battleship USS Colorado. Although the Colorado had been in service for almost 20 years, she still had lots of teeth. Loaded with 8 45-cal Mark 1 guns, 14 51-cal guns, 4 23-cal guns, and 2 torpedo tubes, the ship could still put up a fight, and cruise along at 21 knots (around 40kph). However, the ship was so heavily loaded that they were only averaging around 12 knots (around 20kph). If even one more item was loaded onto the big battleship, it would exceed its Plimsoll line and sink. They were just around five hours from the new continent now, and were about to meet up with the British vessels. Although they were going pretty slow, they were making good time, and now were just five minutes out from the rendezvous point. From there, both US Navy and Royal Navy vessels would sail the last two hours to the new continent together. By his calculations, it was now around 9:00am in this time zone, and if all went to plan, they should begin first contact protocol at 11:00am.

(three of these)

(seven of these)

As they neared the rendezvous point, from his point on the bridge, Ambassador Rockmond could see the bridges of the British vessels appearing on the horizon, as a voice crackled out on the ship's radio, "This is Ambassador Albert Wood on board the HMS Nelson, we see you on the horizon, do you read me?" crackled a sharp, authoritian, British voice.

(two of these)

(eight of these)

"Ambassador Wood, this is Ambassador Dennis Rockmond aboard the USS Colorado, we read you loud and clear." replied Rockmond.

"Good, we are beginning our final turn towards the new continent, rendezvous at Heracles in five minutes." came the reply from Wood, as the British flotilla began turning towards the new continent, Heracles being the rendezvous point. Five minutes later, all ships were in their formation, and were successfully heading towards their next milestone, Arion.

"Arrived at Heracles, we are now awaiting your arrival." reported Rockmond over the radio, letting Wood know that the U.S. Navy flotilla had successfully arrived at their rendezvous, five minutes later, while the Royal Navy flotilla was on their final leg towards the point, hence the U.S. Navy ships had slowed down to wait for them. During this, Rockmond wondered how the appearance of this new land would change the global political scenario. Already, the Brits' overseas territories were either at war or seeking independence, then the Germans, with that cult leader as their dictator, could be starting a war anytime soon. Why, after the appearance of the new continent, the previous night, President Roosevelt himself had flown into Britain for first contact. His thoughts were then interrupted by a message from Ambassador Wood.

"Arrived at Heracles, we have heaved to on your port side."

"Alright, we are now in formation, getting underway." replied Rockmond, as all twenty military vessels started up their engines, and began sailing towards the new land at a speed of around 10 knots (18kph). Although most of the warships were at least fifteen years old, the flotilla still looked both beautiful and menacing at the same time, twenty gray shapes, moving through the water.

Just under two hours later, at around 10:40am, the twenty ships were now around twenty kilometers from the new continent, and they could start to see the New York-like city the reconnaissance planes had taken pictures of. As they approached, they saw pegasi in the air, looking alarmed on seeing their ships, and instantly speeding back towards the city. Realizing that the ships had been spotted, the two admirals realized that they would probably get to meet the rulers of this land at first contact, which would probably be in another hour, if they continued their present pace.

---------------------------------------THE ATLANTIC OCEAN, 20 KILOMETERS FROM EQUESTRIA------------------------------------
Flashfire and his fellow Royal Guard, Pirouette, were panicking. They had been stationed around fifteen kilometers from the borders of Equestria the previous day to look out for strange ships, if this world's inhabitants tried to make first contact. And after being on duty for close to twelve hours, at the end of their shifts, they had noticed some strange gray shapes forming on the horizon, and out of curiosity, went to go take a look at them. They had gone about three kilometers when they had gotten a good look at the objects. It was a flotilla of twenty large ships, none like they had ever seen before. They were at least three times the size of regular Equestrian vessels, and were all big and gray. Instantly, they realized that this world's first contact force was approaching, and quickly turned back towards Manehattan, where the ships seemed to be heading. They estimated that they had only had just under an hour before the ships reached Manehattan's port, so they flew at supersonic speed to get there.

They reached with just fifty minutes and no energy to spare, panting, "Commander.... the aliens are coming!" panted Flashfire.

"Wait, what?!" replied the stunned commander, a green unicorn with a brown mane.

"Yes, we saw twenty strange ships, around nineteen kilometers from our lands, most likely belonging to the inhabitants of this planet. Take a look in the telescope, they are just about seventeen kilometers away. We have less than an hour till they arrive." panted Flashfire, handing her the telescope. The commander looked in the telescope, and saw the alarming sight of the twenty large ships heading towards Manehattan.

"Oh my God... I'm writing a letter to the princesses right now!" shouted the commander, who instantly summoned a scroll and quill, and began writing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------CANTERLOT---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Celestia and Luna were busy talking with the first contact team, who had finished their presentation the previous night, and were theorizing how they would make first contact, when a letter appeared. It was from the commander of the Royal Guard legion which had been stationed at Manehattan. The second she wrote it, Celestia shouted, "Alright, everypony! We're heading to Manehattan! The aliens' ships are approaching! Luna, call Cadance and Twilight! We're leaving in five minutes!".

"Right away, sister!" replied Luna, as she went off to get them. Three minutes later, Luna had returned with Cadance and Twilight, who had kept supplies packed for just this occasion.

"Good, you're all here! Alright, everypony! The aliens' ships arrive in just around fifty minutes from now. We're off to Manehattan!" said Celestia, as she and Luna began the teleportation spell, and within seconds, they were off to Manehattan.

Meanwhile, in the garden, Discord, even though he was in statue form, could hear the hubbub going on in the castle, and guessed that the aliens had arrived. He could hear that they were going to Manehattan, and heard the mention of ships, so he guessed they were going to Manehattan Harbor. He was around 10% free by now, and although he could get not whole body free yet, he could probably get part of his essence out, and watch first contact happen. He wouldn't be fully free for another few days, however. It took a while, but soon, his spirit was slowly floating of the statue, invisible to everyone, and he instantly was off to Manehattan.

----------------------------------------------------10 KILOMETERS FROM MANEHATTAN------------------------------------------------------
Ambassador Rockmond could see the NYC-like city getting closer. It really did look like New York City, and he could see the pony Statue of Liberty already. It was now around 11:00am, and they were now just around thirty minutes from the city, and they could start to see pegasi flying around their ships. They all seem to be wearing military uniforms of some sort, reminiscent of old English knight armor. They could see the city's port, which seemed to be empty. They could see a building, with multiple unicorns standing on it, including three unicorns with wings, and crowns. They seemed to be royalty, by the looks of it, and Rockmond guessed they were the rulers of this land.

Now, they were only 8 kilometers away from the city, and they were about to start slowing down, when Rockmond noticed something. He pulled out his binoculars, and noticed that one of the ponies on the buildings, a green unicorn with a black mane, also wearing armor of some sort, was doing something. It's horn was glowing, and encased in the same glow as the horn was a pair of binoculars. He instantly realized it. The ponies, or at least the unicorns, had magic. He could see some of the other sailors pulling out their binoculars and observing it with mixed looks of shock and awe on their faces. He wondered if their British counterparts were also doing so, and radioed. "Wood, are you seeing this?" asked Rockmond.

"Yes....holy fuck..... I can't believe this.... they have magic." came the reply from a stunned Wood, and Rockmond could see extremely stunned sailors on the Nelson, looking even more freaked out than the American sailors. He was feeling something was off in the air though, but maybe that was just him being paranoid. These aliens seemed harmless, and he intended to make sure first contact was made peacefully.

-------------------------------------------------------------------MANEHATTAN---------------------------------------------------------------------
Celestia, Luna, Cadance, and Twilight could see the twenty large ships approaching. These ships were none like any they had ever seen. They were large, gray, and seemed to be made of metal. Their hulls were blocky and utilitarian, the decks having large tubes resembling cannons on them. These seemed to be no merchant ships, these were fully armed warships, they had realized. Cadance had even called Shining Armor from the Crystal Empire for first contact, and he and his guards were also watching the large warships with a no-nonsense expression on his face. Meanwhile in the skies above, the invisible spirit of Discord was also watching the humans make first contact, and he also knew that these were warships, and if they started firing, they could cause some immense damage and chaos, which was normally what he liked, but he couldn't start anything like that until he was fully free, so all he had to do was just stand back and watch. As the ships were about four kilometers out, they see them slowing down, and they could start to see what kind of creatures were crewing them.

They were not ponies at all. They were bipedal creatures that looked like hairless minotaurs or deformed apes. Their bodies were devoid of fur or hair, with only a little on the top of their heads, and on their eyebrows. All of them seemed to be wearing military uniforms of some sort, and none of them seemed to be their commanders, who were probably in the ship's bridge. Ten of the ships were flying a striped red flag with a blue square full of white stars on their top-left, while the other ten crossed red and blue flags. This indicated that these ships belonged to two different kingdoms, who had probably formed an alliance to make first contact. As they came closer, Shining Armor pulled out a bullhorn, and said a message. "ATTENTION, UNKNOWN SHIPS. SLOW DOWN AND BEGIN DOCKING PROCEDURES." ordered Shining Armor, despite Cadance telling him that the aliens probably didn't understand Equish. Surprisingly, the ships instantly slowed down, making them think that the aliens somehow knew their language.

---------------------------------------------------4 KILOMETERS FROM MANEHATTAN--------------------------------------------------------
The flotilla of ships was just beginning to slow down, when a sharp, authoritarian male voice was heard. It seemed to be coming from the harbour. "ATTENTION, UNKNOWN SHIPS. SLOW DOWN AND BEGIN DOCKING PROCEDURES." ordered the voice. The two ambassadors were instantly surprised by this, realizing that the ponies somehow knew English. They instantly began slowing down their vessels, and began their docking procedures, as all the military ponies who were in the building, including the three large winged unicorns, began walking towards the docks. The five U.S. and British battleships started beginning docking procedures, with their escorting destroyers close behind.

As the twenty ships arrived in port, the sailors realized that while most of the ponies were only about four feet tall, the three winged unicorns were even taller than them; about seven to eight feet tall, tall enough to look them in the eye. One was white with a rainbow mane that flowed, one was blue with a starry blue mane that also flowed, and the last was pink with a mane that didn't flow, for some reason. The ships' engines then shut off, and the gangplank extended to the dock, which was a little smaller than what they were used to, but was still enough to fit the battleships. Then, from the USS Colorado, Admiral Rockmond walked out, followed by Bryan Rogers, the leader of the American first contact team, and around ten soldiers, and from the HMS Nelson, Admiral Wood walked out, followed by William Reynolds, the leader of the British first contact team, also with around ten soldiers.

Two of the sailors were carrying radios, transmitting first contact live, through relay ships between the new land and Ireland, every fifty kilometers. These radios were being transmitted to all over the world, to which two billion people were listening, about to hear history being made.

These twenty-four men would be the first to step on Equestrian soil. As they walked onto Equestrian soil, at exactly 11:30am, Admiral Rockmond began first contact, "Greetings. I am Dennis Rockmond of the United States of America. We come in peace."

"And I am Albert Wood of the United Kingdom of Great Britain." said Admiral Wood. With these words, began a new era in both Equestrian and human history.

-----------------------------------------------------------------MANEHATTAN--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The three princesses and Twilight, followed by Shining Armor and a lot of guards, began walking to the docks, as all the twenty ships began to dock. As the ships docked in port, they watched as stairs were lowered from the main deck, and twelve of the bipedal aliens descended from a ship that bore the red, white and blue star flag, and twelve more descended from a ship that bore the red and blue crossed flag. All of them seemed to be wearing military uniforms of some sort. Not surprising, considering they had arrived in warships. They were led by two who were wearing black and white suits. Celestia made him out to be the commander of their respective groups. The bipeds stopped in front of them. It was exactly 11:30am, as one of them, the leader of the group from the first ship, said, in perfect Equish, "Greetings. I am Dennis Rockmond of the United States of America. We come in peace."

The one leading the group from the other ship followed, by saying, "And I am Albert Wood of the United Kingdom of Great Britain." in Equish, but with a different accent.

Princess Celestia responded by saying, "Welcome to Equestria. I am Princess Celestia of Equestria, and this is my sister, Princess Luna. What are your intentions coming to our lands?" asked Celestia, relieved that they were here on a peace mission and not to invade.

"On behalf of the 32nd President of the United States of America, and 61st Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, we want to establish open diplomatic relations with your nations, and conduct scientific research and cultural exchange with your lands."

Celestia could see Twilight starting to freak out at the words 'scientific research and cultural exchange', so she gave Twilight a subtle look as to hold her excitement for a few hours. Luna and Cadance, although pleased to see that they were friendly, were still a little skeptical. Cadance then asked, "I am Princess Cadance of the Crystal Empire, pardon me for asking, but if you come in peace, then why did you bring a flotilla of warships with you?"

Celestia and Luna gave Cadance warning looks, but they knew she had a point. A fleet of big metal warships didn't really say 'we come in peace.'

"We didn't know if you were hostile when your continent appeared on our planet, so we brought them for security purposes." came the explanation from Ambassador Rockmond. Cadance and Luna instantly understood. They would have sent their own military if they had not been able to do so.

"Alright, then I will gladly welcome you and your crews to Manehattan. We can start making schedules for establishing diplomatic relations and explaining how we ended up on your planet. In the meantime, it would be best if your crews on the remaining ships did not leave the harbor, but they can disembark from their vessels. " said a relieved Celestia.

"Thank you for your hospitality, we will gladly follow your instructions." said Ambassador Rockmond, as he signalled for the other sailors to disembark from their vessels. In the meantime, Discord, watching from above, smiled happily. First contact had happened. It was now a matter of days before he could put his plan into motion, and cause chaos on Earth. His spirit then went back to its prison, where it had come from.