• Published 23rd Jun 2023
  • 2,901 Views, 339 Comments

Equestria: World War II - The Unseen



Equestria is transported to Earth right before World War 2 is supposed to begin and an evil entity breaks free of his prison, how will they survive?

  • ...
16
 339
 2,901

Chapter 1

Author's Note:

I joined the fandom only at the end of 2021, so I am not too familiar with MLP lore, so there will be inaccuracies in some things, and I am not too great at writing things, so there may be some grammarly errors, and as this is my first ever story, you can let me know what inaccuracies and issues are there, so I can correct them in subsequent chapters.

Also, in this universe, ponies can live twice as long as humans (up to 170 years).

----------------------------------------------------------------------CANTERLOT-------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was 11:00am in Canterlot. Most of the ponies of Equestria were already awake and at work, but Canterlot Castle had been up and running since 5:00am. Princess Luna was taking a nap, and Princess Celestia was standing in the balcony, relaxing after a diplomatic meeting with the Griffons, and was taking a breath of fresh air, before she once more was plunged into another 8 hours of meetings, and law approvals.

Celestia looked at her Sun, and smiled down upon her kingdom, which she had ruled for over two thousand years, upon Canterlot, Ponyville, and the far reaches of the Crystal Empire. It had been just under two months since Twilight and her friends had saved the Crystal Empire after it had reappeared after one thousand years. It looked as happy as it always was, except for the storm clouds which were gathering on the horizon. Celestia had noticed them a few hours earlier, and thinking it was odd that storm clouds would be gathering, as summer was near, and there were no storm forecasts.

She had written to Twilight, and asked her to tell Rainbow Dash and the weather team to check those clouds out, and hopefully, it would be resolved in a few hours. Celestia then went back outside for her next meeting, with the Diamond Dogs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------PONYVILLE------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Ponyville, at the Golden Oak Library, it was not as peaceful as it was in Canterlot. Twilight had received the message from Celestia around two hours earlier, and instantly told Rainbow Dash to tell the weather team and check it out, while she and her dragon assistant, Spike, looked up her books, to see if the ones on weather mentioned anything about strange storm clouds appearing near the beginning of summer. The last report from Rainbow Dash had come just around twenty minutes earlier. She had said that the clouds weren't just near Ponyville, but also near Canterlot, and the Crystal Empire.

Twilight was still in her book, and trying to figure out which combination of certain weather phenomena would cause these storm clouds to appear, when Rainbow Dash came in at high speed, and an expression of alarm on her face. "TWILIGHT! TWILIGHT! THE STORM CLOUDS AREN'T MOVING AWAY FROM PONYVILLE, CANTERLOT OR THE CRYSTAL EMPIRE-".

"Wait, WHAT?" Twilight replied in shock. "Those storm clouds aren't moving away from Ponyville, Canterlot, or the Crystal Empire?!"

"Yeah, whenever we try to move them away, they just start moving in faster, and when we tried to budge them, some lightning just knocked one of the other pegasi on the weather team out cold! He's alright, but at the rate they're going, they'll reach Ponyville in just around twenty minutes, the Crystal Empire in twenty-five, and Canterlot in thirty! Those storm clouds also look like they could cause some serious damage! We gotta get everypony into shelter!" came the reply from Rainbow Dash.

"Alright, I'm going to run to the Mayor's office and tell her to get everypony to safety! Meanwhile, round up everypony else in town and tell the weather team to back on the ground ASAP! Oh, but first, I had better write letters to Celestia and Cadance!" said Twilight. "Spike! Go get some scrolls and a quill, fast!" she told Spike.

"Sure thing, Twilight!" said Spike, running to a cupboard, grabbing the requiring supplies, and giving them to Twilight, who instantly grabbed them, and began writing the letters.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------CANTERLOT------------------------------------------------------------------------
Celestia was in the middle of a meeting with some delegates of the Crystal Empire when the letter from Twilight arrived, and although she was annoyed at this unwelcome interruption to her meeting, but when she opened the letter, one look at its contents was enough to convince her to postpone the meeting.

It read, "Dear Princess Celestia, the storm clouds don't seem to be normal at all, and the weather team isn't able to repel them. The clouds seem large enough that the storm could cause serious damage, I would advise everypony in Canterlot to get to safety within thirty minutes. Some clouds are also heading towards the Crystal Empire, but I have already notified Princess Cadance about the threat. Please, stay safe. Twilight"

"Alright, everypony! We cannot continue this meeting now, let us all get into shelter now! Guards, all of you, tell everypony in Canterlot to take shelter either underground or here at the castle. I'll go let Luna know, you all must leave now!"

Celestia told her guards who instantly ran downstairs, while Celestia teleported and burst into Luna's room. "Luna, are you in there? We must get to the throne room right away!" panted Celestia.

"Why, what thou is the matter, sister?" replied Luna, surprised at her sister's sudden appearance.

"I will explain on the way, but we must hurry, Luna!" said Celestia, as the two alicorns ran towards the throne room.

----------------------------------------------------------------THE CRYSTAL EMPIRE-----------------------------------------------------------------
Cadance and Shining Armor were worried. The letters from Twilight had come just about twenty minutes earlier, and now, the clouds were nearing the Crystal Empire. They had already gotten everypony to safety at Crystal Castle, but now they were standing on the balcony, watching the storm clouds get nearer to the Crystal Empire. Thankfully, the clouds were being repelled from the Empire itself by the shield, but they were still lingering above. Some weather experts at the Crystal Empire were studying the clouds, trying to figure what these were.

Cadance looked at the clouds, and looked at Ponyville and Canterlot in the distance, hoping that Twilight, Celestia, and Luna had got everypony over there to safety, wondering what would happen to them in these storms, just as lightning started to strike, causing Cadance and Shining Armor to run back into the Castle.

As Celestia, Luna, Twilight, Cadance, and Shining Armor watched from their respective lands, the storm clouds converged, covering Equestria and the Crystal Empire, flashing lightning. Then, in a horrifying yet beautiful display, columns of lightning started striking the borders nonstop, a bright light appeared causing everybody to black out, a huge roar was heard, and then, Equestria and the Crystal Empire were transported away from planet Equis forever.