• Published 29th Sep 2012
  • 6,425 Views, 218 Comments

Fly Far, Fly Fast - Omega_code

  • ...
11
 218
 6,425

<Shy Beeping>

Thanks for HeavyMetalCommunist for proofreading.
_____________________________________________________________________


"All right ED-E, we got to be real sneaky once we get on the road. You got that?” Scootaloo asked.

≤Confirmatory beeping≥

“Hopefully that’s a yes.” The orange filly stuck her head out from a bush, looking left and right down a dirt road. “All right it looks clear, let’s go.”

≤Sneaky Beeping≥

The two fillies walked out of the bush and ED-E floated right behind them. One of the two fillies occasionally looked behind them to make sure no one else was walking up upon them. Normally ED-E would’ve been the one on the lookout for anything dangerous, but that was being a bit of a problem for him.

Yes his radar was working perfectly fine, but it was based on the Pip-boy’s Friends or Foe system and it was picking up on multiple living beings, all of which were showing up as Friends. ED-E was having a hard time telling who was casting them and how far away they were. The only good news was that ED-E hasn’t detected any hostiles since he got here.

Minutes passed as the three of them continued making their way down the dirt road until they came upon a weird little house. It looked like one of the country’s home ED-E had seen from Ralphie, except it had a thatch roof instead of wood. There was a small creek running alongside it and dozens of animals were running or flying around making ED-E’s radar go crazy with rabid moving yellow rectangles.

≤Discomfort Beeping≥

For the first time since ED-E was booted up, he had to shut down his radar for fear of an overload of information on his processor.

“Okay ED-E, we need you to wait here for a moment. Fluttershy has tendency to not react well with meeting new ponies or other things for that matter.” Sweetie Belle said to him.

≤Confirmatory beeping≥

The two fillies continued, with Sweetie Belle saying one final thing.

“I thinking I’m starting to finally understand those beeping noises of his.”

**********************

“All right Mister Ferret, take it easy on that paw of yours and it should heal up in no time.” Fluttershy said to the ferret she just bandaged up. The ferret looked up to Fluttershy before snuggling himself on the small comfy bed he was lying on. Fluttershy gave him a warm smile before gently walking out of the room, careful not to wake the ferret up.

As she exited the room, she heard the familiar, impatient, tapping of a rabbit’s foot on the wooden floor. She looked down to see Angel standing next to her with his two front paws crossed over the other with a cross look on his face.

“Oh, is there something you need Angel?”

The white bunny put his two front paws out as if he was holding onto something and started to nibble on an invisible carrot. Fluttershy smiled as she understood what Angel wanted. She made her way to the kitchen and took out a nice bright orange carrot. Angel took it as it was lowered to him and started to munch on it. Fluttershy smiled once again and was about to make her own snack, since she was feeling a bit famished.

There was a series of knocks on her front which slightly startled Fluttershy.

“I’m coming, be there in a sec,” she said as loud as she could (which wasn’t that loud to normal standards). She made her way to the door, wondering who it could be since she wasn’t expecting any visitors. She opened the door and was greeted by two friendly smiling faces.

“Oh, hello Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, it’s nice to see you two.”

“Hi Fluttershy,” the two fillies said at the same time.

“Is there something you two need that I can help with?” Fluttershy asked. The fillies nodded.

“We wanted to ask you something.” Scootaloo said.

“Is it you’re looking to adopt a pet?” Fluttershy eagerly asked.

“What? No, we wanted to ask you if you could look after a new friend of ours.”

“Oh,” Fluttershy disappointingly said. “Who’s this new friend of yours?”

“First we want you to Pinkie Pie Swear that you will never talk about him or show him to anypony.”

Fluttershy was surprised by this.

“Why?”

“Because he’s on a mission looking for a mysterious mare and can’t show himself to the public till he finds her.” Sweetie Belle replied.

“And that’s all we’re saying till you Pinkie Promise.” Scootaloo reinforced.

Fluttershy was a bit baffled by all of this but she wasn’t going to disappoint the two fillies by saying no.

“Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.”

Fluttershy did each of the movements of the promise, closing her left eye before laying a hoof on it. The two fillies beamed two happy smiles as Fluttershy finished the promise.

“So who is this new friend of yours?” She asked as she put her hoof back on the ground.

Sweetie Belle turned around and yelled out. “ED-E you can come out now!”

ED-E? What a strange name for a pony, Fluttershy thought. A few seconds passed, then Fluttershy saw the fillies' new friend. A spherical flying metal orb flew across her small bridge and up the gentle incline of the path to her front door.

“Fluttershy, I would like to introduce you to ED-E. ED-E say hello to Fluttershy.” Sweetie Belle asked.

≤Friendly Beeping≥

Shyness immediately took over Fluttershy when ED-E got closer, of course this happens every time when she sees something new and unfamiliar.

“Um, it’s nice to meet you too ED-E,” she softly spoke out.

“ED-E, Fluttershy is going to take care of you, you understand?” Scootaloo said. She turned to Fluttershy. “Thanks again Fluttershy. Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and I will be back once we finish some minor chores.”

“And remember to never show or talk about ED-E to anypony.” Sweetie Belle added.

The two fillies quickly made their way down the path and back to their club house to wait for Apple Bloom, (and to clean it up of course) leaving Fluttershy wondering what she got herself into.

_____________________________________________________________________



Fallout New Vegas is copyrighted Obsidian Entertainment and Bethesda Softworks.
MLP: Friendship is Magic is copyright to Hasbro.
All characters that belong to their companies are rightfully theirs. This writing is for fun and nothing else.