• Published 29th Sep 2012
  • 6,424 Views, 218 Comments

Fly Far, Fly Fast - Omega_code

  • ...
11
 218
 6,424

Unforeseen Consequences

Thanks for HeavyMetalCommunist for proofreading.


“Y’all did what!?” Apple Bloom exclaimed after hearing what her two friends did when she was finished with her chores.

“We left ED-E at Fluttershy’s house so she can take care of him when we can’t.” Sweetie Belle cheerfully answered.

“I think she understood that part Sweetie Bell.” Scootaloo stated.

Apple Bloom paced back and forth frenziedly. “What in Celestia's name gave you that bright idea?”

“Well, what other choice did we have? Our club house isn't that big...” Scootaloo answered.

“He’ll be easily spotted if somepony ever came up here,” Sweetie Belle said. “Especially now since me and Scoots cleaned the club house spotless.” Sweetie Belle raised a hoof at the mysteriously sparkling room with a proud smile on her face.

“So that means we had to find another hiding spot for ED-E, somewhere where he had lots of room to hide in, safe, and away from lots of ponies so he wouldn't make a scene.” Scootaloo continued.

“And Fluttershy’s house fit all three of those.” Sweetie Bell interrupted once again.

Scootaloo narrowed her eyes and gave a snippety look at Sweetie Bell causing her to give a sheepish smile.

“So we took ED-E to her home and told her about ED-E’s predicament and made her do a Pinkie Pie promise about keeping ED-E a secret before she ever saw ED-E. She agreed, did the promise, and we left him there. Then we came back here and cleaned the clubhouse while waiting for you to come back.”

“We have to get him back!” Apple Bloom worriedly stated.

“Why? Fluttershy wouldn't break her Pinkie Promise; ED-E is perfectly safe.” Scootaloo said with confidence in her voice. Sweetie Bell nodded her head in agreement.

“What about Angel?” Apple Bloom asked.

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo's faces dropped in realizing what they did wrong.

“Oh...” they both stated at the same time. Fluttershy’s favorite pet has caused many hiccups in some of their plans, especially if they dealt with or near Fluttershy and/or Fluttershy’s cottage. Like Cutie Mark Crusaders Lion Dentist; Angel told Fluttershy before the girls could even open the cage. Cutie Mark Crusaders New Coat of Paint Painters; Angel stole all the paint. Cutie Mark Crusaders Animal groomers.... Point is, Angel might tell somepony about ED-E, and the girls couldn't let that happen.

Scootaloo rushed over and grabbed her helmet that was sitting on nearby table, deftly strapping it on her head. Her wings began to buzz vigorously as she proclaim. “Well then let’s get a move on! To the wagon!”


The amount of animals Fluttershy held at her home was overwhelming; it was like a miniature zoo, but without any of the grumpy, lazy, bored looking animals.

“This here is Mr. McBitey-Pants the lion,” Fluttershy told ED-E on their tour of her backyard. The lion’s head perked up and looked toward the pony and the robot. He then jumped off the rock he was sleeping on, maneuvering his way next to Fluttershy. He put his face right next to hers, and gave her a big sloppy lick while purring really loud.

Fluttershy’s face blushed beneath a thin layer of lion’s slobber. She placed a hoof on one of the lion’s cheeks and began to scratch it vigorously. The lion’s purr got louder as he leaned his head into Fluttershy’s hoof. “He might look like a mean, scary loin, but really he has a soft, kind heart; however, he does have a bad habit of chewing on pants.”

≤Inquisitive Beeping≥

“Well yes, but I have something special for him and other carnivores to eat that substitutes for meat. I mix it into salads for them to eat, which they all love.” She put her other hoof on the other side of the lion’s face and rubbed both of his cheeks. “Mr. McBitey-Pants loves his salads with slices of tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, and lots of cheese.” The lion murmured in agreement.

≤Inquisitive Beeping≥

“Oh he’s not truly mine; I’m just watching over and training him for his owner who’s a griffon from across the seas. His training is almost done, but there a few things I need to make him understand before I return him.” The lion began to whine when Fluttershy stated that, but she just petted harder saying, “Don’t worry, I’ll try to send you a letter or two to check on you.” The lion began to purr once again. “Okay now, back to your habitat, there’s still a lot for me to show Mr. ED-E.” The lion gave Fluttershy one last lick to the face before jumping back up to its home.

Fluttershy then led ED-E to show some of her other animals, telling a few facts about them, all of which the eyebot listened to carefully, and only asking a question or two now and then. As the two headed back to the cottage, Fluttershy built up enough confidence to ask the question that’s been plaguing in her mind.

“Um, Mr. ED-E, where do you come from? If you don’t mind me asking...”

Again ED-E pondered on how to answer that question. With Fluttershy it should be easier since she could understand his natural language. He thought he found the right approach and began to answer.

A loud crash and the panic wail of chickens erupted into the air. Fluttershy’s head whipped towards the sound and a combination of fear and concern grew on her face. “Oh dear, I need to make sure they’re all right. Sorry Mr. ED-E.” Fluttershy opened her wings and took off with surprising speed.

ED-E was about to follow her, but something soon stopped him.

*CLANK*

A small pebble bounced off his metal body, making a ringing noise bounce around inside of him.

≤Irritated beeping≥

ED-E turned around towards the direction the pebble came from and was surprised to see who had thrown it. The little white creature from earlier, a bunny from what Fluttershy told him, was sitting right under him with its two forepaws criss crossed over the other and a sour look on its face. It then moved one of its forepaws up to his eyes and did the motion of “I’m watching you closely” at ED-E.

If ED-E had eyes he would be giving the little bunny an “Are you serious” glare. ED-E was used to numerous types of dangers from the Wasteland, and being threatened by a little bunny was like a bloatfly trying to scare a deathclaw.

ED-E floated down towards the little white creature to the point they were face to face. The bunny wasn't intimidated by the eyebot and stood his ground as the distance between the two of them got smaller and smaller. Soon only inches of empty air stood between ED-E and the bunny. The bunny, feeling very bold, leaned in closer, giving a menacing stare at the robot.

ED-E having enough of this little game arced up his wielder and adjusted some of its settings. The bunny’s eyes were caught by the sound of servos motors and the crackling of electricity. In a flash, arcs of electrify danced around the little bunny, doing no sort of major damage other than making his fur stand on its ends and his skin tingle like never before.

The bunny’s ear shot up and he jump several inches back, looks of fear and horror filled its face. ED-E then played one of his favorite recordings of the woman’s saying.

“Don’t you ever messed with me,” the woman’s voice said in a low threatening voice through ED-E’s speakers. In the blink on an eye, the bunny bolted as fast as he could away from ED-E and left Fluttershy’s yard.

ED-E felt pretty smug with himself, but that was quickly snuffed out when Fluttershy’s voice angrily yelled out. “ED-E what did you do!?”

ED-E turned around to see Apple Bloom, Sweetie Bell, and Scootaloo standing next to an irritated Fluttershy.

≤Worried Beeping≥


Fallout New Vegas is copyrighted Obsidian Entertainment and Bethesda Softworks.

MLP: Friendship is Magic is copyright to Hasbro.

All characters that belong to their companies are rightfully theirs. This writing is for fun and nothing else.

Comments ( 30 )

...UPDATE MOAR.

lol 'bout time... darn it now I need to wait a couple more months 'till another chapter comes out!

a mean scary loin

IT'S A MEAN, SCARY LOIN! RUN! PANIC! SEDATE IT!

It should be:

a mean, scary lion

XD Angel spends the next two chapters getting psychiatric therapy. :P

I'm not sure about this buuuut... I guess I'll check it out.

It's one of those moments when your friend/pet/reinforced Eyebot goes

"THIS ISN'T WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE."

2397060

IT'S A MEAN, SCARY LOIN! RUN!

Everybody hide in a car!

2397236
Screw that! I'm hiding in a limousine!

2397060 Dammit, I knew one would slip.

That wasn't the first loin I found. It probably won't be the last.

Besides, according to most fanfictions, Fluttershy is good with loins. As am I

2397672
If you know what I mean.

MOAR! :flutterrage: Also not to be THIS GUY. but I'm pretty sure saying fuck removes the Everyone rating... sorry but I think I was called on something like that once. But maybe I'm wrong.

If i where ED-E here I would instantly think "worth it"

He might look like a mean, scary loin

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH MYYYYYYY

Took you a while but meh thx for updating.:twilightsmile:

Well.... ED-E is f:fluttershbad:ed....
*slaps*
Dang it, I thought you weren't here.....
I came back early.

update this

Fluttershy does know that lions are carnivorous and very rarely vegetables. And why doesn't it surprise me that Fluttershy can speak fluent Bleepbleep

:pinkiegasp:ED-E in Equestria.....

how did I not find this sooner:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Er... Is this still a thing? Because it was a good thing. And it no longer being a thing would be a bad thing. So do something. A good something.

1358882 Nice profile pic dude, who's the artist?
I may commission them since my pic is a bit old :pinkiehappy:

Comment posted by Omega_code deleted Sep 17th, 2014
Comment posted by Xzaves deleted Sep 17th, 2014
Comment posted by Omega_code deleted Sep 17th, 2014

keep up the good work, i am faving this.

Awww heel, Angel is such a dick D'=
Like... legitness.

Awesome job also!

aaaand it's gone

5568184 Arcade and E-DE's companion quests are made for the end-game for a reason. It's also possible to do both at the same time.

Not updated in two years!?

But...

It hasn't been updated in 8 years I find this sad so very sad please update or tell us why it is not being updated

Login or register to comment