• Published 25th Oct 2023
  • 764 Views, 622 Comments

Kingdom Hearts: The World's Reluctant Heroes - Blackdrag-rose



Sombra, Fluttershy, and Radiant find themselves in a strange world and join Sora, Donald, and Goofy in their quest to find their missing friends, unaware of the true evil lurking in the darkness.

  • ...
4
 622
 764

PreviousChapters Next
Nobody: Reborn Dragon

After dealing with the army of Heartless, and scattering the rest of them, Sombra found that Xemnas and Sairaine left the area without saying much, no doubt because they wanted to catch up with each other and figure out what their next steps were going to be, but she was fine with them leaving, since she didn't see them as enemies anymore. Since Ansem was fine with dealing with the computer that was inside his secret lab, and that he would have to talk to the apprentices that had been brought back since their Heartless and Nobodies had been wiped out, she didn't see much of a reason to stick around Hollow Bastion. Aqua's group was planning on staying with Merlin's group for a time, same with Roxas' group since all three of them wanted to be ready for when they were needed for another fight, while Demyx was just going to stick around and help everyone as best as he could, even though Sombra knew she would be speaking with his other personality at some point in the future. Riku and Kairi decided to come with Sora, as they wanted to join him on his adventures and this was their best chance to join him, especially since this time around Riku was sure they would be dealing with more of the Organization and wanted to make sure they brought down whatever plans were thrown at them.

Such a thing meant that both of them were able to get used to Sombra's routine, making sure they trained during the trek and rested when they needed to do so, while at the same time she and Radiant took Riku's amulet and empowered it with a few new forms, before having him test two of them out.

"The first one was inspired by our visit to the Pride Lands, where Sora experienced the speed of a lion." Sombra stated, as it was easier to just mention Sora and no one else, even though the others knew about some of their visits to the other worlds, just to keep things rolling so they didn't spent too much time on facts that weren't important, "The first addition to your amulet, Riku, will allow you to draw on the power of that form, taking on a bipedal form like your werewolf form, but this one will be more focused on speed and less on power."

Riku nodded and tapped into the power of his new form, where he confirmed that it was his human form mixed with a lion, a few tones darker than Sora's to symbolize Riku's connection to his dark powers, and when he trained in the training area he crashed into one of the mountains. Such a thing caused Kairi to rush over to his side so she could heal his wounds, as she was both a fighter and a support mage, offering healing and spells depending on the situation, showing them that she had been serious about her training, no doubt because Riku ensured she knew how to handle herself. Once he was back on his paws, which he had experience with thanks to his werewolf form, Riku let out a sigh as he attempted Sombra's training again and this time made some progress in controlling his new speed, though it would take some time before he fully mastered this form. Of course the greatest test of all was against Sombra herself, where she closed her eyes and allowed Riku to come at her whenever he wanted, where Sora and Kairi found that she simply avoided the attacks like she could see them while never opening her eyes, and this time it didn't look like she was using any of her magic, this was just pure skill.

When she wasn't assisting Riku, or being a target for Kairi's magic since she could cancel them out with her own shield spells, Sombra focused on the one thing she wanted to be sure about, the Light Keyblade she had gained, where she found that it wasn't a one time thing, she could summon it at will, just like her other weapon. That meant she was practicing between using her light weapon, using her dark weapon, or using both of them at the same time, while at the same time mastering the new power that had been growing inside her since they helped secure the Cornerstone of Light. She was sure that that event was when everything changed for her, it made sense when she thought about it, and yet visiting the worlds that came after Mickey's castle had allowed Sombra to, eventually, embrace the change she hadn't noticed until it had been revealed to her by several others. While she did that Radiant even jokingly said that the Light Keyblade could be called 'Royal Crown', due to the fact that the head segment looked like a crown, though Sombra figured a name would come to them in due to as she focused on her training, mastering her new skills and powers for whatever the next world had to offer them.

After some time Sora tracked down the world that was next on their list, which happened to be Mulan's world oddly enough, causing him to glance back at the others for a moment after he brought the ship to a stop, because he was confused by the fact that they were back here.

"What do you guys think? Should we bother, or should we move on?" Sora asked, because while he was thinking of heading back down to a world they had visited previously, to see how Mulan was doing and if anything had happened since their last visit, he knew that besting the Organization's plans was more important right now.

"We head down... I'm feeling an Organization member down there." Sombra replied, though this time it was hard to tell if it was her own powers helping her out, like her Boundless Necromancy had evolved to the point where she could feel those who didn't have hearts yet, or at all depending on when a Nobody was born, or if it was the World aiding her, but she knew this was the best course of action.

Sora nodded and warped them down to the world in question, finding that the ship brought them down to the ruined village they had passed through when they were trying to help Mulan take down Shan Yu, though as everyone looked around they instantly found who they were looking for, as the black robed figure freaked out as soon as he spotted them and ran away as fast as he could.

"That felt like Xigbar... he must be seeking more hearts to replace what they lost during the war." Sombra commented, as it made sense when she thought about it, the Organization was still building their Kingdom Hearts, or at least some of them were, since she was sure Xemnas would have words with them when he returned to their castle, before she heard the sound of someone approaching.

"Sora! Everyone!" a familiar voice called out, which they found to be Mulan's, as she came running into the village and came to a stop when she reached the area they were standing in, allowing her to catch her breath since it looked like she had been running for a long time, while her eyes were on where the figure had been, "Are you guys following that black coat figure?"

The group confirmed that she was correct, that was why they were here, as the figure was no doubt plotting some foul plan for Mulan's home and they were trying to stop him, and those like him, to which she joined the group without delay as they headed towards the peak where Shan Yu's army had been buried by snow. Sure enough they found some Dusks waiting for them further along the path, though while Mulan found that her weapon really didn't work on them, a unique property of their white bodies, Sora and his friends tore through them with ease, though there weren't many of them and the group was taken out rather quickly. Following that they headed up to the peak as Mulan informed them that she was tracking them due to rumors of a spy in black lurking in the mountains, some had claimed to see it inside the Imperial City, but before anyone could say anything they found an army of Rapid Thrusters coming down from the peak. Sombra resisted the urge to sigh or even bring her palm to her face, as it was plainly obvious that the Organization was seeking more hearts and that they were going to keep attacking worlds to make them free more hearts for their Kingdom Hearts.

Riku held a hand out and the others stood back as he tapped into the power of his amulet, shifting into his new lion form in a matter of seconds, surprising Mulan in the process, though once he was done he rushed into battle, swinging his Keyblade at the Heartless and freed their hearts, allowing Sombra to capture them as the others kept an eye out for Xigbar or any other foes they had to be worried about.

"Is this all Xigbar is doing?" Seras asked, because if that was the case she was sure this was desperation, caused purely by Sombra's presence, though before anyone could say anything the ground shook as part of the mountain erupted, spraying snow everywhere as a blue serpent dragon Heartless, with wings of sorts on it's front limbs, emerged from a portion of another portion of the mountain, "Okay, that's more like it. Fluttershy, shall we?"

"Right." Fluttershy said, to which she and Seras burst into the air and rushed at the newly formed Heartless, which seemed to have the power to control lightning since it was flashing around the figure, where they drew their Keyblades and lashed out at it, causing the beast to roar as it attacked them in turn.

While they did that Sombra noticed something in the area that the Heartless had come from and teleported over without wasting time, where she found Xigbar, with his hood down, standing over another dragon, this one being slightly smaller than the Heartless dragon, but thinner and more like a serpent, much like Mushu, with white and silver scales while having blue eyes, where she flashed down to him and kicked the Organization member away from the new Nobody.

"What the... YOU?! What are you doing here?!" Xigbar asked, because this was just the icing on the cake after the disaster that had been the war for Hollow Bastion, the new Heartless he had formed was being fought by Fluttershy and Seras, while it's Nobody seemed to be cowering behind Sombra, or maybe it was trusting her over him.

"What do you think? We're crushing your plans, one world at a time, to stop Xehanort's plans." Sombra replied, though as she said that she summoned both of her Keyblades, Light in her right and Darkness in her left, something that caused Xigbar to take a step back as he realized that she was very serious about this, she was going to fight him here and now, "Don't think you can run, Xigbar."

"I just... I don't get it. Why did the World decide to give you a Light Keyblade?" Xigbar remarked, as he didn't care enough to even hide his knowledge of the weapons, though if anyone knew his 'Braig' form they would know of his obsession with the weapons after meeting Xehanort, so he thought he was safe.

"I have a few ideas... maybe if you stop your madness, and join us, I might speak about my ideas on the matter." Sombra said, which she highly doubted, since some of the members of the Organization seemed keen on following the plan to make their false Kingdom Hearts, but even then she was holding some hope that they could be saved, because Xemnas was no longer the same person they had been told about and that meant the others could follow his path.

Xigbar stared at him for a few seconds before summoning his arrowguns and opened fire on Sombra, while also utilizing his power over Space to open spatial portals that caused him to rain down a hail of projectiles on his dangerous foe, only to find that a barrier had appeared around the serpent as Sombra appeared in front of him. That was a surprise, the fact that she had used a protection spell and caught up to him in the span of a few seconds, further confirmation that she was dangerous and that this wasn't the best place to fight her, to which Xigbar dismissed a weapon and snapped his fingers. Such a thing caused the area around them to shift, as his power over Space allowed him to warp the area he was fighting in, regardless of where his arena was, and he dragged Sombra into the heart of it as he pulled himself through a few spatial gates to appear on the highest peak of the mountain. As he did that Xigbar noticed that the Heartless dragon shrieked and collapsed into the ground, dissolving into nothingness as it's heart was released, but, like always, the heart was captured by Sombra's power and disappeared, while at the same time Sombra was regaining herself.

In that moment, however, Xigbar felt a chill run down his spine as he noticed that his shifting of the area was coming undone on it's own, though that was when he noticed the hand movements and gave a weak chuckle as he watched the scene that was happening before his eyes.

"Oh man, you're copying my power now? Yeah, I'm out." Xigbar remarked, as he wasn't sure if Sombra was actually copying his power over Space, and if she was then he knew he was screwed if he stayed here longer, or if she was using her magic in a way that made it look like mimicry, though he wasn't eager to find out as he opened a Dark Corridor and fled before the figure had a chance to catch him.

"What a coward." Sombra stated, because so far the rest of the Organization, the remaining members to be exact, were starting to fall below her expectations of them, after she read Seras' notes on her fellow Nobodies, to which she dismissed her weapons before turning towards the serpent dragon Nobody, who coiled around her body, like a hug, and nuzzled the side of her face for a moment, causing her to chuckle a little, "You're very welcome."

"Seems like you've made a new friend." Fluttershy commented, as she and Seras had noticed Sombra having moved to this area and found her with the newcomer, though after everything all of them had been through she was no longer afraid of dragons, causing her to smile at the creature as well.

As Sombra nodded Mulan told everyone that there would be a reward for stopping the attack on the Imperial City, to which she figured they could head down for a while, share some information with the Emperor, and then be on their way to the next world, which made her eager to see what the future held in store for her and her friends.

PreviousChapters Next