• Published 25th Oct 2023
  • 627 Views, 516 Comments

Kingdom Hearts: The World's Reluctant Heroes - Blackdrag-rose



Sombra, Fluttershy, and Radiant find themselves in a strange world and join Sora, Donald, and Goofy in their quest to find their missing friends, unaware of the true evil lurking in the darkness.

  • ...
4
 516
 627

PreviousChapters Next
Chain/Days: Day Off

Seras found that after Xion was able to summoned her awakened Keyblade, her own unique blade to be exact, all three of them were usually split up to tackle the various worlds, because there were far too many hearts to obtain and Saix was of the opinion that there was no way for Sombra to catch all of them, since she couldn't be in three places at once. It was a good plan on Saix's part, or Xemnas' since he might be behind this decision, and even Sombra agreed that she had to pick and choose which of the trio to follow so she could acquire the hearts they freed. Seras was fine with this since it meant that they were able to meet up after their missions and join Axel on the clock tower for their ice cream treats, allowing Roxas and Xion to bond with him, which was a good thing as well in her mind. Axel wasn't surprised that Saix was working them to the bone, rather he said that he expected as much, especially since they were short staffed these days, but he was sure that they couple cope with the increased workload, just like he and the others were adapting to the changes.

In addition to all of that Seras found that Xemnas was fine with allowing Xion to finally form her own High Ranks, despite the fact that he and Saix seemed surprised by how much the other Nobody had grown in such a short period of time, where all of them gathered in the area they had formed the other High Ranks in. Once everyone was ready Xemnas called upon his power, just like he had done for Roxas and Seras, and they watched as Xion was scanned for a few seconds before several Nobody spirals formed around her when it was time to see what form they might take. A few moments later they found that her High Ranks were armored warriors, like knights when Seras thought about it, and they stood at the ready near Xion, as if awaiting her order, which made sense considering that she was their boss. In addition to that Seras found that their armor was like the rest of the Nobodies, a light gray of sorts with the Nobody symbol on their chest, while their weapons were elegant swords and shields, confirming that they were, in fact, Knights.

Not only did that happen, but Seras and the others found four more blood swirls appearing around her, which told her that more Vampires were coming to join them, which was good for her since it had been weird being the only Nobody with just a single High Rank, in the Organization anyway.

The first one to take form was an older male, at least in his thirties, who seemed stern like Lexaeus had been, though his attire looked like that of a regal figure, black with a golden trim while the inside of his cape was red, though he did have a high collar, as if he was a lord of some kind, and he had short blond hair with a horizontal line across his forehead. The next one appeared was a young lady, roughly around Xion's height, who wore a gothic dress and had long silver hair, but the most interesting aspect about her was that her eyes were two different colors, one a deep crimson and the other a light sky blue. Seras found that the third one that took form was a male wearing black leather, almost like it was designed to imprison someone, who looked down at himself before summoning a familiar set of clothing, the very outfit that she and Fluttershy had taken during their visit to Halloween Town, which put a smile on his face. After that the last one to take form was a girl that was around Sora's age, who wore a black evening dress with a deep purple skirt, plus she had a large ribbon that had the two colors in an alternating pattern, but she, like all of the others, had crimson eyes.

In addition to that there was another thing that connected them to Noir, the fangs in their mouths, plus there was their loyalty to the one who ruled over them, not Xemnas, like all of the other High Ranks, but rather Seras, as she was the one they bowed to, not the one who ruled over the Organization.

Xemnas had the High Ranks challenge the new Vampires to a fight, mostly because he assumed that there would be some sort of gap in their power and the power that Noir possessed, and to be sure they were safe he used Nothingness to put up a shield around them, before allowing the battle to begin. The regal Vampire stood still as a group of High Ranks came at him, where a red mist appeared around his hands before thrusting them out, slicing into them with enough force to do a slight bit of damage while knocking his foes into the walls that were around them. While he was doing that the Vampire with the silver hair did something unexpected, she struck down her foes with the power of Light, sending the High Ranks in her vicinity away with just a wave of her hand, causing them to rub their heads as they were knocked out of the arena. The youngest looking Vampire sharpened her nails, to the point that they almost looked like claws, allowing her to block incoming attacks with ease, as in the weapons of the other High Ranks failed to even touch her as they were stopped by her nails, before she kicked her foes out of the arena as well.

The last one caught Xigbar by surprise, as the fancy dressed Vampire pulled out a pair of weapons that looked like they were guns, nothing like what a Nobody possessed, with one being silver and the other black, where he spun around and fired at the High Ranks coming at him, the impact knocking all of them off the platform until only the last ones standing were the Vampires.

"Our ranks have grown stronger, with the addition of four new Vampires and the Knights, a whole new force to join the others." Xemnas said, though while he carefully hid his surprise, as Seras' new subordinates were far stronger than they had assumed, he knew that Xion's High Ranks would be strong as well, because the figure in question had exceeded very projection Vexen had given him when he first created her, meaning she was definitely a valuable member of the group at this point, "And now for the good news: today all of you will be given the day off. Take this time to relax and prepare for whatever the future might throw at us."

He had arranged this with Saix earlier and wanted to make the announcement in front of the other members, hence why the one who gave out the missions wasn't surprised, though while Roxas asked Axel what this meant, with Seras letting out a chuckle as Xion walked over to Demyx, Xemnas just left the castle and used a Dark Corridor to reach Twilight Town, the area in front of the station.

"You know, I never thought you would leave the castle... at least not for a day off." a voice said, where he found that only one of the members had followed him, though Xemnas wasn't surprised to find that it was Xigbar, his true second, which was a good thing since he was sure everyone else would remain in the castle, at least until Seras convinced her group to leave for the rest of the day, "Usually you only leave when Sora's up to something... or Sombra for that matter."

"That is true. I just... needed some time away from the castle." Xemnas replied, though at the same time he wondered if there was more Xigbar could have said, about the times that he departed from the castle, but decided that now wasn't the time to worry about that as he stared off in the direction of the beach, "All of our plans seem to be unraveling before our eyes, there are High Ranks that refuse to acknowledge who their true master is, and Nothingness, my own power, seems to be acting on it's own at times... I can blame the last one on Namine, if she's still alive, but the main culprits are Seras and Sombra."

"Yeah, but you can't do anything to Seras... if you did erase her the Organization would fracture." Xigbar stated, because the majority of the surviving members of their group liked having Seras around, in fact he speculated that it was due to her presence that Xion was able to develop into such a powerful Keyblade wielder in such a short period of time, and he suspected that if something happened to Seras there would be war in the castle, "However, if we could track down the true cause of our headaches, Sombra, everything would be that much better... she's a tough one to pinpoint, hopping from one world to the next while stopping inside the Darkworld every now and then. There's no pattern we can follow to place an ambush for her."

Xemnas nodded as Xigbar talked, because it was all true, tracking Sombra was a complete nightmare since she appeared on one world and then, as if knowing they were closing in on her, zipped off to another world, or even the Darkworld, and there were reports of two more figures moving around the darkness. There were two options as to who those two figures might be, either they were Riku and Mickey, which happened to be the far more reasonable option, or Sombra had a spell or power that allowed her to duplicate herself, mirror images to confuse the Organization. He wasn't ruling out the second option at all, due to the fact that Sombra was a figure that seemed to defy everything they knew, wielding a powerful force of Darkness that surpassed most of the figures he knew about, so it was entirely possible that she had spells that none of them knew about. He still remembered his fight with her, it was something he couldn't stop thinking about, especially with how lucky he was that he had been able to escape with his life, otherwise Sombra would have crushed him before he had a chance to use his full power against her.

As he thought about all of that, however, he spotted something in the distance that made him pause, two familiar figures that had been reported to be terminated during the assault on Castle Oblivion, and he could tell that even Xigbar was caught off guard, especially since Xemnas moved first, jumping from roof to roof before dropping down a fair bit away from the pair.

"Marluxia! Larxene!" Xemnas said, the words coming out before he could stop himself, where the pair stopped and just turned to look at him, allowing him to confirm that neither of them were wearing their black coats anymore and had what appeared to be casual clothing, but he noticed something was wrong right off the bat, they were looking at him like he was a complete stranger for some reason, which he refused to believe, "Where have you two been?"

"I'm sorry, but... do we know you?" Larxene asked, because Sombra had asked her and Marluxia to do this, to test their former boss in some manner by pretending to not know him when he came to talk to them, and it just so happened to be in the middle of them getting some of the ice cream that was incredibly popular in this town.

"I don't recognize him... I'm sure I would have remembered such a unique looking robe, not to mention that hair color, as you don't see that very often." Marluxia added, though as he said that both he and Larxene nearly broke character as they noticed the look on Xemnas' face, he looked like someone had kicked his puppy or something, in fact he was positive that there were a few tears in his eyes, "Sir, are you okay?"

"...Yes..." Xemnas replied, though he knew that his words were a lie, he could feel something inside him suffering thanks to this information, and he didn't need the tears starting to appear in his eyes to confirm anything, where he got rid of them before he actually started to cry, which would break the persona he had created for the Organization, "Forgive me, I... I thought you were people I knew."

"Well, it sounds like you really care about them. I hope you find them." Larxene replied, where she couldn't believe what she was seeing right now, Xemnas, their emotionless leader who only acted like he cared about them since they were just pawns to him, actually looked like he did, in fact, care about the rest of the Organization, especially members that had been written off thanks to Sombra taking Castle Oblivion.

Xemnas only nodded as he turned and left the area, waiting until the pair departed from the area as well before using a Dark Corridor to reach Xigbar, who had been staring at them from one of the roofs, and it looked like he was thinking about what they had just discovered.

"You know, I heard about their Somebodies, Lauriam and Elrena, before... I guess defeating their Heartless and Nobodies had restored their original selves." Xigbar remarked, as that seemed to be the case, but even then he felt something about this was suspicious, since he didn't think the originals of the two members would be here, in Twilight Town, making him wonder if there was more to this than what they were seeing, "What should we do now?"

Xemnas admitted that he had no idea and decided to just return to the castle, causing Xigbar to follow, even though both of them were unaware of the fact that the pair had disappeared behind the corner, using their own portals to return to the Gummi Ship that was their home for the time being.

"You know, normally I would have found joy in inflicting pain like that, but... well, even though I know we were nothing to him, part of me felt terrible for doing that." Larxene said, though at the same time she raised a hand to her chest, because it was like Sombra had told them, Nobodies could gain their own hearts and it seemed like everything she and Marluxia had been through, since meeting Seras, had helped them become their own unique persons.

"Yes, and let's not forget the look on Xemnas' face and how he acted... he looked like someone had kicked a puppy that he had spent years caring for." Marluxia stated, which was still interesting to him, because it seemed like Seras' work, and Sombra's plan, might be working far better than either of them had thought when they first heard what the pair wanted to do before pulling the rug out from under the Organization, "Some, does that mean what I think it means?"

"Indeed. His heart is growing... soon he will be his own person and maybe, just maybe, he'll stop his plans before we have to get involved." Sombra replied, where the pair found that she was already hard at work making something new, which only made them eager to see what sort of meal she might be making for everyone this time around, causing her to let out a chuckle as she had the pair tell her exactly what had happened earlier.

All of this made Sombra all the more eager to see what the future held for them, because things were progressing well on Seras' end, and the same was true for Aqua, who was training them so they could be prepared for Xehanort's return, a fact that made her excited for whatever might happen next.

PreviousChapters Next