• Published 25th Oct 2023
  • 627 Views, 516 Comments

Kingdom Hearts: The World's Reluctant Heroes - Blackdrag-rose



Sombra, Fluttershy, and Radiant find themselves in a strange world and join Sora, Donald, and Goofy in their quest to find their missing friends, unaware of the true evil lurking in the darkness.

  • ...
4
 516
 627

PreviousChapters Next
Chain/Days: The Other Nobodies

As Roxas worked with the other members of the Organization, those he was assigned to work with anyway since he didn't work with the likes of Saix or even Xemnas, Seras found that he was becoming more alive with each passing day, and she knew why that was the case for him. Roxas had no memories to build off of and that was why both she and Axel made it their mission to help him gather as many experiences as quickly as he could, since those would be the building blocks of his memories, and the time he spent with Axel on top of Twilight Town's clock tower did wonders for him. Sure, it was a slow process that they were committing to, though that and what the other members of the Organization did towards Roxas all served the same purpose, allowing the Nobody in question to to form opinions on everyone else and have his own thoughts on his various missions. At the same time Seras found that Xion seemed to be the same way, they had to be patient with her and help her adapt to her new life, though she was good at magic and that seemed to draw some attention to her, which meant she might form different thoughts and memories in due time.

Seras found that her missions varied greatly, because while Roxas was sent out on mostly combat missions to take down a set number of Heartless, which was understandable since he needed more practice, she was sent out to scout out worlds that Fluttershy had been to during her time with Sombra and the others. Such a thing meant heading to the Coliseum and watching Hercules train against more Heartless as Hades tried to bring him down, walking through Halloween Town like she was a resident of the place, or swimming through Atlantica in her version of Fluttershy's form in that world. While she made her notes on the various worlds that were out there, mostly to make Saix happy, she also compiled her own notes on the Organization as well, keeping track of who had what number, what their confirmed powers were, and anything else that might be important. Since they were going after Sombra, and potentially Sora when she thought about it, she wanted to be sure that Fluttershy's allies had all of the information they needed for when the battle between the two groups broke out, as she knew one was coming their way.

Fortunately she didn't have to search around the castle for all of the information she was collecting, because Roxas, in his quest to learn more about himself and the Organization, eventually asked something that had been bothering him and he did so when all of them were present for their morning meal.

"Are we the only Nobodies that exist?" Roxas asked, because other than the various Dusk he saw every now and then, and he saw all of the incredibly flexible beings multiple times whenever he was inside the castle, he had noticed the absence of other creatures that were like them, or even like the Dusks, and he discovered that his question caused the others to stop for a few seconds.

"No. We are not the only Nobodies that exist. You have seen the Dusks, correct?" Xemnas responded, though this was a question he had been expecting to answer at some point in time, since some of the others had asked the same after they reached a certain point in their development.

"Yes, I have. I just meant are there other Nobodies out there? Ones like us, or ones like the Dusks?" Roxas replied, where he realized he likely could have worded his question better, especially since he could see Vexen and Zexion react to what he had said, the former trying to hold back a chuckle while the latter seemed disappointed in him, "Sorry, it's just... I really have no idea if we're all that's out there or not."

"I'd bully you over it, but I won't. There is one other Nobody like us: Namine, who resides in Castle Oblivion, but she's... well, she's not a fighter." Larxene said, something that caused her to note that Saix glanced at her like she was giving up valuable information, not that it mattered to her since they were working towards the same goal and they didn't have to worry about Sombra since since was trapped in the Darkworld, before she noticed Roxas' confused look, "Look, she's like Demyx, totally incapable of fighting, so she stays where it's safe."

"Hey, I take offense to that. I can be extremely imposing when I want to be... which is, admittedly, almost never." Demyx stated, where Seras noticed that there was something off about how he said that statement, like there might be more to the laziest member of the Organization than what she was seeing right now, but she said nothing as she noticed down the information that was being shared with them.

"All Nobodies are divided into one of three divisions: the Low Rank, the High Rank, and us, the Organization." Zexion said, deciding to get them back on topic since no one wanted to listen to Demyx fight with Larxene over this matter, though at the same time everyone finished their meal and he had an idea that Xemnas seemed to agree with, causing their boss to beckon for them to follow as they headed to another portion of the castle, "There are only three types of Nobodies in the Low Rank: Dusks, Creepers, and the Gummi Ships, and all three obey the orders of the other two divisions without question... but, as you no doubt know, the Dusks do love to play pranks on others."

Seras found that they were brought to the training area that she, Roxas, and Xion had used previously, before discovering a few Dusks with two other Nobodies, where the other were were small beings that wore a light gray jumpsuit and walked with it's oversized hands, hence 'Creepers'.

"We cannot show you the Gummi Ships, as they are busy traversing the space between worlds, but we can show you the rest of our forces." Xemnas said, where the four Nobodies that were in the training area bowed their heads before leaving, allowing him and the other members to separate for a moment, leaving Roxas standing next to Seras and Xion, which told them that their allies had something in mind after hearing the question earlier, "The High Rank Nobodies are different from the others, as they are more unique and often copy a specific aspect of the numbered member of the Organization that they serve. My High Ranks, naturally, are the Sorcerers."

The trio found that the Sorcerers were a light gray colored Nobody that seemed to be wearing a long robe that covered their entire body, while their arms appeared to be merged together in front of their bodies to form a straight line, though Seras could tell that they were far stronger than the Low Rank Nobodies had been.

"In addition to that there are the High Ranks that serve Xigbar, Xaldin, Vexen, and Lexaeus: the Snipers, the Dragoons, the Scholars, and the Paladins." Xemnas continued, allowing the trio to find that new Nobodies appeared near the four that had been mentioned, in fact two appeared behind each member of the Organization, just like his Sorcerers had done just after he revealed their existence to the trio, "We also have the High Ranks of Zexion, Saix, Axel, Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, and Larxene: the Summoners, the Berserkers, the Assassins, the Dancers, the Gamblers, the Reapers, and the Ninjas."

Xigbar's looked more humanoid, or as close as a High Rank could get, that seemed to defy gravity and used crossbows to fight, while Xaldin's were more imposing because they were thin dragon-like creatures that carried a lance as their weapon of choice, and Seras assumed they were strong in a fight. As they followed the line the trio discovered that the Scholars wore what appeared to be lab coats with hoods over their heads, while their faces seemed to be covered by a mask, and the Paladins were large Nobodies that stood just as tall as Lexaeus and seemed to wear metallic armor that was a mix of gold and light gray, while wielding large hammers and shields. Zexion's Summoners appeared to wear faded grey robes with hoods that totally covered their faces, who used books as their weapons to summon illusions, while the Berserkers were just as tall as the Paladins and carried odd shaped hammers, different from what the Paladins carried. After that the trio found that Axel's Assassin's were vaguely human and wore a silver and purple bodysuit that had four blades on each of their arms, and one even compacted itself into a shape that resembled Axel's chakrams before returning to normal.

What was interesting was that the Dancers were the only feminine Nobodies in the High Ranks, wearing pink bell bottom pants, pink beanie hats which covered their eyes with a braid that looked like hair, and even wore heeled boots, but they did look like they were fine with their forms. The Gamblers, interestingly enough, seemed to be animated clothing that moved like all of the other High Ranks, though each seemed to like playing with dice or playing cards, which matched the habits that Luxord was known for, and Seras assumed they played games when they weren't busy. Marluxia's they knew at a glance, as they were humanoid with their feet being replaced by roots, though both wore robes that looked more like a mix of a reaper and a flower, and were light pink in color, while they carried scythes as their weapons. The Ninjas had dark gray colored bodies with curved blades for their hands and feet, while wearing white scarfs around their necks and gray sashes, making Roxas think that they could disappear into the shadows if they were given the chance to do so.

Seras had to admit that most of the High Ranks were imposing and incredibly powerful, to the point where she was sure that only Sombra would be able to take all of them on at the same time, though it did cause her to think of something as she glanced at Roxas and Xion.

"We have fifteen members... does that mean that we'll also get to command some High Ranks in the future?" Seras asked, as it seemed reasonable to her, especially since the other twelve had their own forces to command, and she could tell that all of the others glanced at Xemnas, like this was his area of expertise.

"Indeed. You and Roxas are adequately ready to receive your first High Ranks, at least one each so we know what your types will be. Xion, however, requires more time." Xemnas answered, which Seras found to be fair, especially since Xion preferred to keep her hood up and do nothing more than stare at Roxas whenever she had the time to do so, even though she did eat every now and then, which was good to see, to which their boss raised his right hand, "As Zexion would describe this part of the process, this ability of mine will allow us to 'scan' both of you and call upon the Nobodies that will become your High Ranks, allowing them to take on their unique forms. Now, let us welcome your unique High Ranks into our forces."

Seras found that a gray vortex appeared in front of Roxas, where she had to assume that it was reading him in some way to create a High Rank that would follow his orders when Xemnas decided that he was fully ready to have such a thing, all while the area in front of her remained empty. In the next few moments the energy transformed before their eyes, taking on a figure that was roughly Roxas' height and wore the familiar gray jumpsuit that most of the other wore, that had bell sleeves and a dark gray slit going down the middle of it's attire. The difference was that they could actually see the black hands that the warrior Nobody had, the black featureless feet it possessed, and it had a pair of blades on it's back, which seemed to float just above it's back somehow. Xemnas and the others were impressed by this discovery, the existence of the 'Samurai' High Rank, all while the figure in question bowed respectfully to Roxas before standing beside him, showing that it was definitely like a soldier that existed to do whatever it was told to do.

As Xemnas moved onto Seras, however, something went wrong immediately as the vortex of energy pulsed and turned both red and black, colors normally not associated with the Nobodies, save for their black coats, and it wasn't long before it took on a whole new form. In that moment he realized just how special Seras really was, as her High Rank was far more humanoid than even the others, as it looked almost like a male person and wore black clothing that looked more like the attire of a count or even a prince, instead of the jumpsuit that the others wore. Not only was it's attire different but it also had hair, black elegant hair that also had a small red streak between it's eyes and bits of gold mixed into the left of that, while it's eyes were golden with red pupils that were surrounded by darkness, and Xemnas was sure he saw small fangs like Seras', but couldn't be sure. They all knew what this was, this was a 'Vampire', the first of many that would serve Seras, but while Roxas' had been strong Xemnas was sure that this one creature was far superior to even the Samurai, making him wonder if this had been a mistake, all while the creature smiled before kneeling to Seras as it bowed it's head.

Seras kept a straight face for a moment as she looked at her High Rank, knowing full well that the other members of the Organization were shocked by this development, before she glanced at Xemnas, who seemed interested in what the new creature could do.

"Lord Xemnas, do you mind if we test his power?" Seras asked, because with all of the High Ranks assembled she assumed that the others would want to know which of the fourteen types were the strongest, even though she guessed that the Sorcerers stood at the pinnacle of them all, given that Xemnas was the first of the Nobodies.

"Indeed. One High Rank each shall be enough." Xemnas said, where the excess High Ranks disappeared now that they all knew that their presence was no longer needed, while at the same time he used his power to set up barrier around them as the fourteen types entered the training area without delay, "You may begin when ready."

Xemnas found that the Vampire was faster than some of the other High Ranks, as it rushed through the space between the various types and smashed two foes into the floor, the Dancer and the Summoner, before parrying a blow from the Paladin as the Berserker moved in to attack. He knew the routine, one or more of the High Ranks would fall as pawns to test the power of the newcomer out, while the strongest among them would move in to attack, though before the attacks could even land his eyes widened in surprise as the pair of aggressive High Ranks were knocked down with ease. In the next moment the Vampire grabbed onto the Ninja's arm and spun around, knocking down several of the other Nobodies that were around them in the process, before tossing his foe into the Reaper, leaving it and the Dragoon, much to the shock of nearly every member of the Organization. The two stared at each other before clashing, where Seras' servant blocked the incoming blows with the sides of his arms, turning away the lance before any of them could do any damage to him, and it wasn't long before the Vampire had the Dragoon resting on it's back, it's lance pointed at it's own neck as Xaldin's admitted defeat.

"That is enough. Your High Rank has proven it's strength to all of us, and it is a worthy addition to our forces." Xemnas said, though part of him had to wonder if this had been a bad idea, as the Vampire was stronger than the other High Ranks and it's speed was no joke, and even his Sorcerer didn't have a chance to do anything to it, but he kept his expression the same as before as they welcomed the two new types of Nobodies into their forces.

Seras let a smile appear on her face, as while she wasn't expecting this to happen she knew that this was good information for whatever the future held for them, something that made her wonder what sort of challenges and obstacles she and the others might face in the coming days.

Author's Note:

For those that don't know, Vexen, Lexaeus, and Zexion don't have their own 'High Ranks' in the series, so I had to make some up to make sure they didn't feel left out.

PreviousChapters Next