• Published 5th Nov 2022
  • 822 Views, 27 Comments

Growing Bonds - Zack Catcher



this is the story of zack catcher who is a changeling and Flurry heart and they are both still young

  • ...
9
 27
 822

Chapter 17: An Old Nightmare

I opened my eyes seeing Zack right beside me sleeping. The crack on his face glowing red again, but other than that he is he looks peaceful. It looked like any other day with him. We woke up, had breakfast, and then went outside, Zack then said something. “Hay Flurry, I have been learning my powers and I want to show you what I can do now”, Zack said with a little bit of confidence in his voice. I turned and gave Zack a smile “Sure”, I said in a cheerful voice. As we were walking to the field from the other day, I kept noticing that Zack wasn’t himself. He was more confident instead of shy. It was like he was a completely different changeling, but I shrugged it off as I thought he had gotten more confident with the arrival of his new abilities.

We went to the field where Zack told me to stand back. He then started off with a firework show with his hooves as he was able to cast more lights this time and there were more of them. He then stopped the ground for some reason suddenly the ground began to shake, next thing I knew big spikes came out of the ground that looked to be made of changeling rock. Next, he got out a few buckets of water and this was when some ponies then came to watch Zack. He picked up the water with his magic again and then started to use it like to create a water ring, using it to splash some ponies and using it to create a cover.

Lastly, he was also able to run around the field in less than a second. By this point, half of the empire was watching Zack as they started to cheer him on. “Zack, Zack Zack”, is what they were cheering for a while. Zack seemed to like this attention as he was impressing the crowd not acting like himself at all. I knew now that something was up so when he left the field for a break, I went up to him. “Zack, what in Celestia has gotten into you? How could you be so shy yesterday but confident today”, I asked Zack in an annoyed voice. I won’t forget the look in Zack’s eyes as he looked at me as if i had figured it out. “Very well, I think it’s time... that you knew”, Zack said. He then raised his hoof, and the empire started to vanish.

The castle, the ponies, everything was disappearing as it was me and Zack in an empty void. “What is this? Who are you and what have you done with Zack”, I said to whom I thought was Zack. “You really think that I, I am that wanna-be? Wow, you are so stupid. I am not your lovey, perfect Zack, I am Ark”, Ark said with a smile on his face. “How long have you pretended to be Zack”, I said. “After that pitiful shockwave that carried me, I was hit in the head by a pillar which locked me away as someone else took my place. “Zack”, I said with a hint of fear in my voice “Exactly, that imposter took everything from me, but then the race happened and then I was set free,” Ark said with a menacing licking his lips before whispering in my ear “and how can I forget the part where kissed me” I eye opened wide before feeling my legs shack with fear. “You take that back”, I said trying to stand my ground“I won’t”, Ark said. “After all, you know who I am”, Ark said. “I do”, I said.

“Do I have to spell it out for you? I attacked you multiple times, I had a red glowing crack on the left side of my face, I got you then you woke up”, Ark said. After what he said, it struck me. Ark was the changeling in my dream all those years ago. I had known about him and I didn't put two and two together. “What do you want from me”, I said. “Nothing . . . but your love”, Ark said giving a sinister smile. “What, no my heart belongs to Zack”, I said with a loud voice. “You just don’t know what you're talking about. How about I show you both ways the story could go”, Ark said. “What are you talking about”, I said looking at him suspiciously “Imagine this”, Ark said as he used his hoof and we were in a hallway of the castle. “Open the door”, Ark said as I opened the door to see Ark in a fancy suit and me in a long, white wedding dress.

Cadence, Twilight, and the rest of the main six were also there as Celestia was upfront. “By the power invested in me, i now pronounce you two husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride”, Celestia said as me and Ark kissed. “This isn’t true, I would never marry you”, I said. Ark said nothing as we then teleported to a balcony where the crystal ponies were walking about with a smile on their face. They looked happier than I had ever seen them. “With our marriage, we gave all the ponies a happy life, free of evil, just a peaceful life. “Why should I believe this”, I said. “I suppose you need to see the other side of the coin”, Ark said as he then teleported us back into the castle where I saw myself and Zack arguing. “Here, after you get engaged, you and Zack start to fight a lot. Zack then leaves to go back to the hive as your left alone”, Ark said as he then teleported us outside again to see everypony fighting and hating each other. “With you feeling heartbreak, you don’t know how to lead a kingdom, everypony starts to hate each other”, Ark said with a frown on his face. Just then, the clouds started to get grey as snowflakes start to fall. “Snowflakes, we don’t get snow here”, I said looking around confused.

Just then, I heard a roar as I saw a windigos appear out of the sky as two more followed after. “Windegos”, I said. “Unfortunately, yes, this is what happens when everypony hates each other”, Ark said. “I don’t believe this, I don’t trust you”, I said my eyes filled with tears “Flurry please understand, I don’t want to hurt you I want you to be as happy as you can be and I know that we can,” ark said trying to pull me into a hug I struggled for a bit trying to push him away but it was no use and I fell into his arms crying, ark began to stroke my hair as he said “flurry, I understand what you are feeling, but i can be your soulmate, I can give you everything you want, just please sa-” my eyes shot open as I pushed my self out of arks hooves, “you spelled me”, I said as i jumped out of his hooves. “If I wanted to put a spell on you, I would have done that as soon as i saw you first. Please Flurry Heart, Princess of the Crystal Empire, can you just give me a chance”, Ark said as his eyes turned a little watery. “I’m sorry but my heart belongs with Zack.

No pony no creature else could change my mind about that”, I said as I ran from Ark. “fine I tried to be nice, but since you rather have that pathetic fool, I might as well torture you as long as your here” suddenly I heard a lower voice “I think not” as luna appeared she fired a blast at ark turning him into black smoke “you win today Flurry, but this will not be the last time we meet sooner or later you are going to wish you chose me, oh and before I forget. Happy birthday” Ark said giving a hollow chuckle, Luna yelled at Ark “Leave thow alone”, Luna said but Ark didn’t step down. “Why does every single pony in this entire land always have to meddle with my plans”, Ark said. “Because we know and stand up for what is right”, Luna said as she fired a laser at Ark but he dogged it. Ark then fired another, bigger laser at Luna but Luna fired a counter laser. The two remained like this for quite some time. And then I saw this as my chance to run and run I did.

I kept running and running, didn’t even look back once. Shortly I managed to get to the train station and hopped on the first train to Ponyville. I was scared out of my mind. But I knew there was one other pony that she could trust still. I know that this was all but a dream but I couldn't get out of it so I had to flee. The train got to Ponyville and I ran through the town to Twilight’s castle. I knocked on the door and Twilight answered. “Oh hay Flurry, what are you doing here”, Twilight said. “Ark and . . . Luna . . . . fighting . . . need shelter”, I said catching my breath. “What”, Twilight said. “This is a dream and I need help as to get out of it”, I said. “I think I might know how to help but I will need assistance for it. I then followed Twilight into the castle as Starlight was reading a book in the throne room. “Hay Flurry. What brings you here”, Starlight said. “We're looking for a way to get Flurry out of a dream”, Twilight said. “Have you tried waking up”, Starlight said. “I’m still here”, I said. “Have you tried waking up magically”, Starlight said. “That might work”, Twilight said. Just then, I heard the doors open as somepony stepped into the room that I knew as Ark entered the room.

But I heard Twilight say “Oh hello Zack, Flurry is right upstairs”. I thought she said that Zack was in the castle so I ran back to the room where Zack was and then hugged him. “Oh I missed you Zack, I have quite the news to tell you”, I said. “That Ark tried to turn you against me”, Zack said. “Wait how do you know that”, I said as I stepped back. “Wow, you are so gullible”, Ark said. “I tried the easy way and that didn’t work. If you won’t love me, then let's see how you do without your little changeling buddy”, Ark said. “I won’t let you do that this time”, Flurry said. “That’s what they all say, little do they know that i already did it. After all, how can you tell if it’s Zack or me”, Ark said with a grin on his face. “I... I don’t know”, I said. “What i thought of you”, Ark said. Just then, Luna burst through the doors, catching her breath. “Looks like we have company again”, Ark said. “Why you are fast”, Luna said. “Until next time”, Ark said as he and Luna continued to battle. Luna then saw her chance and turned Ark into a puff of black smoke again. Before he disappeared suddenly red sparks started to come out of a wall before Zack appeared there, “Flurry” Zack said as he ran towards me, Luna fire a blast towards Zack, but I used my magic to protect him,

Luna calm down this is just Zack, I said as she slowed her magic. “Really? Then how did you two first meet,” Luna said. “I fell in a rosebush, ran past some guards, and ended up in Flurry’s bedroom. It’s a day I can never forget,” Zack said. “Ok, so you're not that monster than”, Luna said. “I think I know who you're talking about”, Zack said. “How do we stop this Ark from coming back”, I said. “I think you two will want to talk about it soon. The sun is almost up anyway and I need to sleep for the next night, also Happy birthday Flurry”, Luna said as we said goodbye and she headed out. I finally was able to wake up from that nightmare seeing Zack in front of me. “Zack”, I said. “I glad to see your ok”, Zack said looking a bit relieved.

“I am just glad that the nightmare is over”, I said getting back onto my hooves. “What’s the matter”, Zack said. “We have a lot to talk about”, I said. “I know where this is going”, Zack said. “So this Ark figure took over you since you were in the hospital”, I said. “Yes. He confronted me most likely the same way he did to you, we had a battle, he won and took my body. I was stuck in a little cage with nothing to do when that cage broke and I was able to break free and take back my body. I was able to comfort you when you were out in the garden. That was me talking. Then we went to sleep and Ark reviled himself to you”, Zack said. “I can’t believe that”, I said. “If I heard right, he wants you for something”, Zack said. “He likes me to, and wants me by his side”, I said. “Well then, if I didn’t hate him before, I hate him now, Zack said. “I think we should keep this between us for now. Who knows what he could be planning next”, I said. “True. Let's just make this day your 18th birthday”, Zack said. “I agree”, I said as we got out of bed

Author's Note:

sorry this took so long to make but i had a few things come up