• Published 5th Nov 2022
  • 821 Views, 27 Comments

Growing Bonds - Zack Catcher



this is the story of zack catcher who is a changeling and Flurry heart and they are both still young

  • ...
9
 27
 821

Chapter 13: the truth

After everything went black I woke up to find myself lying beside Flurry in front of a warm fire. I looked around to see that I was in Flurry’s room. Everything was right where I last saw it. Not a single thing was moved an inch. Flurry was watching me and noticed that I was awake.

“Hey Zack, how are you feeling?” said Flurry with a smile on her face. “Ohh what . . . .what happened?” I said as I rubbed my head. “Don’t you remember?” said Flurry. “What I remember last is hitting my head on that tree in the race. '' I said as I rubbed my head trying to remember what happened during the race.

“Well before you took off after rainbow dash your wings started glow bright red glowing bright red before you took off making a big shock wave, I watched you as you slowly started to catch up to rainbow dash, then you crashed into a tree, lucky rainbow dash caught you and brought you to the finish line before you fell unconscious”.

“I do remember that, '' I said. Just then, when me and Flurry were talking, There was a knock on the door. Cadence then came into the room. I thought that she needed Flurry for something but I was in for a little surprise. Cadence when she entered the room, she hugged me. I wasn’t expecting this with everything that has happened. but she seemed to be happy to see me. As we pulled apart, she said good morning to me with a smile.

I was so confused, not understanding what was going on. “Why . . . Why did you hug me? I said with a little doubt. “Because I wanted to apologise for everything I did to both of you” Cadence said. “I was just worried that you would hurt my daughter because of what happened in my past, but after you got hurt and I saw what that did to Flurry, I finally understood that you make my daughter happy and if she is happy then so am I”. I was shocked at what she just said,

but she seemed to be understanding instead of hostile so i let it slide this one time. I then saw Cadence give Flurry a hug and she was the same to her as always. Then there was a knock on the castle door, “i’ll get it” Cadence said as she left the room. “Well . . . that was weird," I said. “Since when was she accepting of me”, I asked Flurry. “Since a few seconds ago, but she was always accepting of you, in her own way”. Flurry said with happiness in her voice. “I am just glad you're ok”

“I am to, I mean how could things get any worse” I said, giving Flurry a smile . Just then right after I said that thing’s can’t get worse Cadence re-entered the room. “Hey Zack,” Cadence said. “Somepony is here to see you”. I got up and followed Cadence downstairs to the castle doors. As we made it to the door’s I saw a changeling who looked just like me. He also had red wings and red eyes but he had red glowing cracks on the left side of his face down to his front left leg. “Uh hello” I said , not knowing who he was. The strange changeling said. “Hello Zack, it is good to finally meet you”.

I was confused and a bit wary. "Do I know you?" I asked cautiously. The changeling smiled. , “no you wouldn't know me but I know who you are, zack catcher if i remember correctly"

I raised an eyebrow, surprised that he knew my name. "How do you know my name?" I asked, my suspicion growing.

The changeling chuckled softly. "You look surprised I've been keeping an eye on you, Zack. Watching your every move, studying your strengths and weaknesses," he said, his voice dripping with a mix of arrogance and familiarity. "I know more about you than you know about yourself." I took a step back in fear, the strange changeling smirked at me as fear was all over my face

I felt a shiver run down my spine as I stared at the changeling. His words sent chills down my body, and I could feel my heart racing in my chest. I didn't know what to say or do, so I just stood there, frozen in place. Cadence stepped forward, sensing my unease.

"Who are you?" she asked, her voice firm and authoritative.

the changeling looked at her saying, "this has nothing to do with you" suddenly cadence start to faded until she was completely gone

I felt a surge of panic as Cadence disappeared before my eyes. The room fell into an eerie silence, and the realisation hit me that I was completely alone with this mysterious changeling.

"What have you done to her?" I demanded, my voice trembling with a mix of fear and anger. The changeling chuckled, his eyes glinting with malicious intent.

"Don't worry about her," he sneered. "She's simply been... relocated for the time being. Now, let's focus on you, Zack."

My mind raced, searching for a way to escape this unsettling situation. I couldn't let fear consume me; I had to find the strength to confront this changeling and protect those I cared about.

"Why are you here?" I managed to ask, my voice wavering slightly.

I felt a surge of panic as Cadence disappeared before my eyes. The room fell into an eerie silence, and the realisation hit me that I was completely alone with this mysterious changeling.

"What have you done to her?" I demanded, my voice trembling with a mix of fear and anger. The changeling chuckled, his eyes glinting with malicious intent.

"Don't worry about her," he sneered. "She's simply been... relocated for the time being. Now, let's focus on you, Zack."

My mind raced, searching for a way to escape this unsettling situation. I couldn't let fear consume me; I had to find the strength to confront this changeling and protect those I cared about.

"Why are you here?" I managed to ask, my voice wavering slightly.

The changeling took a step closer, his presence sending a wave of darkness through the room.

“I am here to take back what you have taken from me” His words sent a jolt of confusion through me. "What do you mean? I haven't taken anything from you," I replied, my voice tinged with both curiosity and apprehension.

The changeling's eyes glowed with an intensity that sent shivers down my spine. "You may not remember, but before I came to the Empire, I was in control," he revealed, his voice dripping with bitterness. "I was a ruthless and cold-hearted being, feared by many. But when i arrived fell to the empire you took everything from me”

I listened to his words, trying to comprehend the magnitude of what he was saying. The realisation slowly dawned on me that he was claiming to be the true identity I had once possessed, the embodiment of the darkness I had forgotten. The weight of his accusations hung heavy in the air.

"I... I don't know what to say," I stammered, my voice filled with uncertainty. "If what you say is true, then I'm deeply sorry for the pain I may have caused you. But I can't undo the past. I can only strive to be a better pony now." i said trying to calm ark down

“That's what I am talking about, you're a red moon changeling. You are supposed to be hard, cold, and feared,”he said with anger all over his face before he quickly calmed down. “But I’m not like that”. “I'm honest, loyal and kind”. “That’s just it”.

You're nothing like me in the slightest”. He said with his voice a lot calmer than before “And I see that now ''. “Tell you what, how you feel about a deal”. “What kind of deal”. I said with confusion in my voice. “I give you all your old memories along with all of your powers if you give me all of your body for a certain amount of time each day”.

I was shaken by this offer. I did want my old memories back along with my powers but I just couldn't give up my body like that. “Tick tock this offer isn’t going to stay on the table forever”. Ark said with a smirk on his face. “It’s an offer which I can’t accept”. I said. The smirk on Ark's face changed as he looked at me with a very creepy and smug smile. “I was hoping you would say that. I only made that deal because I felt bad for you but as expected you declined me”.

ark said with a smile. “What do you mean by that?”. I said with worry in my voice. “You see, I don't actually need to make a deal with you . I am powerful enough to take over your entire body.” ark said with a creepy smile. “What are you talking about?” I said with worry in my voice. “Where is the fun in telling you? I think it would be better if I showed you. As you take a front row seat at my plan”. ark said. “Sorry but I won't let that happen” I said. “Oh i know and since it would be more fun to have a fair fight how about you have all of your memories now”

As my memories flooded back, I felt a mix of emotions surging through me. Regret, guilt, and the weight of past actions weighed heavily on my conscience. The darkness that had consumed me as the Ark resurfaced, threatening to consume me once more. But this time, I was determined to face it head-on.

With newfound clarity, I stared at Ark, my gaze unwavering. "I won't let you take control of me," I declared, my voice filled with resolve. "Ii won’t let you destroy everything and everypony I care about."

I looked directly at the ark waiting, before charging at the Ark and attempted to hit it with my hoof but the Ark used magic to grab my hoof and tossed me to the ground. “Come on, I was hoping for a fight”. Ark said with cokeyness in his voice. I got up but he got kicked in the face causing me to fall on my face as he stood next to me. “Can’t even lay a hoof on me in your own mind”. “This is in my mind”. I said as I got up again.

“Well duh” Ark said. “Now take this”! Ark tried to punch me in the face again but I ducked below and kicked him back. Ark stumbled back “Not bad but not good enough” Ark said with anger in his voice. Ark then charged at me with a fast punch to the face. Sending me flying to the other end of the room as I started to remember when I met Flurry and when she picked out his name. Ark then smelled the air and smiled.

“Ah, I just love the smell of fear!” Ark said with a smile. “What’s wrong? Life flashing through your eyes”? “Not at all” “ I Said before getting up again”. “Take this”. I felt a burst of confidence passing through him as he was fully ready to take on Ark. “Ya want me? Come and get me”! Ark didn’t reply as we continued the battle. I first got the upper hoof as I knew this was in my mind and therefore, I could do anything.

He made his hoof’s hard and not easy to break. I continued to punch Ark as Ark was kicking me along with punching me again. This went on for a while but with each passing moment, I was getting more and more nervous. I’m not sure but I think Ark noticed this advantage and when I was open, he tossed him to the ground. I tried to get up but Ark blocked me. “How cute that you're trying to get up and fight," Ark said. “Let go of me”.

I said. “Oh I can't do that”. Ark said. "Now goodbye . . . forever”. Ark then pushed me in a little cage and sent it far away. “NOOOO”. I was screaming as loud as I could but it was no use. Ark had won and I had lost.