• Published 5th Nov 2022
  • 821 Views, 27 Comments

Growing Bonds - Zack Catcher



this is the story of zack catcher who is a changeling and Flurry heart and they are both still young

  • ...
9
 27
 821

Chapter 19: Cadence's Revelation part 1

After the party, I started to head back to my bedroom, the faint echoes of laughter and music still lingering in the air. But as I passed Zack and Flurry's room, a hushed conversation reached my ears, causing me to halt in my tracks. The words "Do you love me?" floated out of the room, carried by a mixture of uncertainty and tension.

Curiosity getting the better of me, I involuntarily slowed down, my footsteps nearly imperceptible as I strained to catch any further snippets of the conversation. The moment seemed charged with an inexplicable heaviness as if the very walls were holding their breath in anticipation of the response.

I slowly backed up as I placed my ear up against the wall as I spoke to myself in my head. I really shouldn’t be listening in on them but my curiosity got the better of me. I put my ear as close to the door as possible trying to hear what they were talking about when I heard one of them say “To remove the spell” When I heard that I backed away from the door shocked as I said to myself “I was right, my daughter is under a love spell”, no wait I probably missed understood there conversation, I put my ear back on to the door and the next words I heard “it’s like I have to fall in love with you all over again”.

This single line made me very suspicious. I knew I wanted to stop but I just found their conversation so addicting that I just listened throughout it all. I then figured it all out. Zack put a love spell on her and he made the spell stronger. I couldn't make out how long my daughter was under the spell but I knew it was for a long time. I still needed evidence though as I couldn't just barge on in, I needed to figure out more information.

I went downstairs, rejoining the dwindling party in the ballroom. My mind was still grappling with the revelation I had overheard, and I was determined to seek help in resolving this delicate situation. As I entered, a familiar voice broke through the ambiance. "Oh, hey there, Cadence," the pony called out, approaching me with a warm smile.

" Whispered Thought, it's been a while," I replied, a sense of nostalgia washing over me.

"Tell me about it," Whispered, chuckling to herself. "So, what brings you here?"

"Whispered, I could really use your assistance," I said, my tone serious.

"Anything, Cadence. Just name it," she offered eagerly.

"I know your special talent involves reading minds," I began. "I need your help to gather specific information from someone's mind."

"It's true, mind reading is my specialty," Whispered affirmed.

I explained my predicament, emphasizing the urgency and the potential benefits of her ability. "Could you look into the mind of someone I know? It's for their own good."

Whispered hesitated, reminding me of the ethical complexities of her gift. "You know I can't just delve into someone's mind without their consent."

I implored her further, "Please, could you try? The situation is critical."

Her reluctance seemed to fade as I offered, "I'll make it worth your while. I'll provide extra compensation."

"Consider it done," Whispered finally agreed, her resolve firming.

"Great. I need you to read the mind of a changeling," I specified.

" Ah.... changeling," Misted said taking a step back her eyes in shock hearing that word

"Specifically," I continued, "a changeling by the name of Zack Catcher."

Whispered nodded, as she took a deep breath trying to calm herself down "Alright, I can do that. just show me where he is"

I nodded my head as I led Misted to Flurry and Zack's door, "he is in there" I said pointing to Zack "the changeling wrapped in my daughter's wing"

Misted nodded her head as she put one of her hooves on the head and closed her eyes, as her horn began to glow in a magic aura, a little while later a string of magic comes out of Misted's horn into the room onto Zack's head,

And as I waited I started to feel a binge of guilt, was this really the best idea? Sure I may despise him and I want to find something to use against him but for some reason, everything in my body is telling me to not do this, it was the same feeling that told me that Zack was evil, I thought over and over again. I knew this was wrong, but I knew what I had to do. I needed to know, I thought as Misted was ready now. I thought about telling her to stop but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I didn’t have it in me to stop at this point.

Suddenly Misted started to move her mouth, like she was talking to somepony “Who…who are you”, Misted said. “Misted? What’s going on”, I said as Misted continued to talk. “Wait…what in Equestria are you doing? No…stay back! I SAID STAY BACK! Wait…No..get away from me. Get…aw..ay”, Misted said in complete fear, as she then collapsed to the floor. I ran over to Misted as I noticed she had a red scar on her eye. I thought something terrible had to have happened to her. Misted are you ok”, I said as I tried to wake her up.

I continued to try and wake her up until I heard dark laughter coming from her mouth, “it’s good to finally meet you. Cadence”, Misted said in a dark hollow voice as she opened her eyes and I took a step back seeing that her eye’s had gone red. “Misted what are you talking about '', Misted looked up at me letting out a hollow voice before replying “Oh you incompetent fool, I am not your little friend, I am Ark”, Ark said. “What is going on”, I said with a little fear in my voice “I would tell you but let's just say that you were right”, Ark said. “Right? Right about what”, I said in a stern tone “Your daughter…IS MINE”, Ark said through bits of laughter in his voice. “Get out of my friend's body you… you monster”, “I got you all in my sight, I’m gonna take everything from you and your daughter, be ready, I like a fight, but goodbye… for now”, Ark said laughing.

Just then, Misted’s eyes then began to return to normal as she then collapsed on the floor again. I ran over to her again I checked and heard her breathing but very lightly. “Misted,” I said giving her a little shake but when she didn’t respond, I started to become worried, Misted is my best friend I couldn’t let her die “Misted! Come back. Anypony help! My friend passed out”, I said crying out for help. Tears stream from my eyes.

After a while, an ambulance came and put Misted on a stretcher when Zack and Flurry came down the stairs. And when they saw Misted their face immediately went from curious to shock as we all got into the ambulance as drove to the hospital