• Published 17th Sep 2022
  • 1,174 Views, 1 Comments

How To Calm Your Rainbow Dash - Little Owl



Through the divine power of affirmations, Rainbow Dash goes from energetic to a suddenly, relaxed and surprisingly sappy mood

  • ...
 1
 1,174

Sky High Verity

Author's Note:

Nice, long, romantic one for you! It was a lot of fun to write this! Legit had tears in my eyes as I wrote it!

So, this is what it feels like to be this high up.

The blue sky only a smidgen darker than when on ground zero, and the almost blurry looking clouds makes time seemingly slow down to a crawl as you relax yourself into a sat-up stance on Rainbow Dash's front porch. Clumps of fluffy water vapour positioned diagonally with your sightline, as you rotate to look at the vibrant surrounding sky, its palette consisting of nothing aside from blues and whites, safe for the surrounding buildings customized to each inhabitant's liking in the aerial settlement of Cloudsdale. A crisp breeze you hardly feel, brushes past you as it echoes across the vast emptiness of the stratosphere above. The thinner air initially made it tricky to breathe when you were first escorted up here, but you have since been taught some breathing techniques by Rainbow Dash to limit your oxygen intake whilst still being able to breathe comfortably.

Now it's almost like you are a moving vent, with air flowing in and out of you smoothly and its small portions as your eyes move in your sockets, continuing to send signals of wonder to your brain. Your heartbeat is slow and rhythmic, but you still feel an exhilarating sense of adrenaline, much like every other time you have come up here. Such a different world from the one below, sparse and sprawling like a Pegasus savannah, filled out by the ambience of Pegasi greeting each other as their feathery wings slice through the air like a knife cutting through butter. Your hands run smoothly against the soft surface pressed against you of a sort of cloud, pavement hybrid. A compromise as, since you weren't a Pegasus, you would fall through which would lead to a very hard landing. Thoughts of that upsetting and tragic prospect soon subside to one of rainbows and ponies. Well one rainbow coloured pony.

As if on cue, an indistinct blue blur Pegasus paints its rainbow trail against the sky, passing you with breakneck speed before fading into the blue with a twinkle. A knowing grin follows after your trailing expression, as eventually you can see the blurry hue rocket into your peripheral vision once more. Slowing down ever so slightly before directing itself upwards and back in a circular motion, before returning to the flight path only to repeat the loop-dee-loop three more times, all time done with expeditious efficiency.

The blur then pulls up sharply but with an apparent amount of effort, as you get a brief glimpse at the zoned in pupils of a determined pony, sights set on a sickeningly higher altitude. For a brief second, a brief second, the root of dread and concern for your friend is planted in your brain before washing away at the realisation of just who it is surrounded in that orb slicing through the sound barrier. With gritted teeth and an unquenching desire to go even faster, the Pegasus soars directly upwards before turning in then back around before heading straight down before changing trajectory slightly, the cloud trail spelling an "R" before moving onto creating a "D". Rainbow Dash has no time to inspect her masterpiece as she whizzes back off into seemingly nowhere.

You sigh in admiration and adrenaline. Even when she didn't have a crowd of hundreds or even thousands observing her, Rainbow Dash was always one for the extreme theatrics. She could stir up a frenzy even in her sleep, and whilst some may see that as showing off, you can't help but admire her. She is an idol to you, the definition of cool, calm and collected. She doesn't let anything bring her down, no critics, no hecklers, not even the apparent stigma of being a Mare seems to bother her, not the completely ridiculous but very hurtful notion that she cannot do half the things she is capable of doing "all because she is a Mare". Even if equality is on the rise, Equestria's emphasis on heritage and traditionalist views means that there are those purists waiting to put her down, yet she pays no head to them, instead pushing through them and letting her grow stronger. And even if she lived the tomboy life, behind all that you still see a distinct sense of femineity about her that makes her more than just some pony whose skillset you admire. Physically she has this unique beauty to her, a style that screams, "I don't care what you think about me". Whilst she was the element of loyalty, the one she was seemingly the loyalist too, was herself. Her identity, her appearance, her body. Everything is pure, 100% Rainbow Dash. No other pony, no other creature for that matter... but Rainbow Dash.

She has such a knack for timing, as the cyan blur flies towards you once more, this time at a much slower pace and more in your direction. With the reduced speed, you could see clear as the day around you, the Pegasus in all her splendour as she flies gracefully towards you, the non-existent breeze tickling her feathers as she starts to adjust her wings for landing. Her mane is ruffled and sweaty as she massages her jaw with a hoof, clearly sore from straining at the velocity. A giddy expression on her face as the boredom that should come from the repetition of doing this over and over again is clearly absent. She lowers closer and closer to you, a smile involuntarily crossing her lips as you come to focus on her vision. Her speed, not rapid but at a fairly quick pace. You tentatively move backwards in the event of her crashing into you. She lands with all four hooves as you stand up to greet her, the mare wrapping her hooves around you in ecstasy, causing a brief swelling of joy to come over you.

“Wooohoo, that was awesome!" The stoked Pegasus says as she pulls herself away from you" Holy Celestia did you see those manoeuvres? It was like… I-I can’t even put into words what I just did? There isn’t a dictionary in Equestria that contains enough superlatives to fully comprehend the scale of my awesomeness"

You laugh together, before she starts repeating the word "superlative" silently in her head, clearly impressed by her use of such a refined word properly in a sentence.

"Guess I owe one to the Lavender bookworm for those lessons Shes been giving me.”

She turns to look around

“She’s not here, is she? Ah to hoof with it, those lessons are B.O.R.I.N, Boring!”

The word seems to echo around the pale sky as you go to correct her at her incorrect spelling of "boring", her face blushes indicating she has already realised

“Um… Yeah, I know I missed out the “G”. I did it intentionally! They don't even deserve to be called “boring” spelt right!"

She chuckles nervously as your heart pounds at the euphoria you feel just being in the presence of this pony. She could have a disrespectful streak in her at times, but you know she means well and it's just her way of showing appreciation for others. However, that doesn't excuse her from karma, as you stare her down, unamused, trying not to smile as Rainbow Dash chuckles even more nervously

“Yeah, the look you are giving me suggests that you ain't buying it." she says defeated "Yeah… oh well, maybe I’ll get you next time."

She trots towards you slightly as she starts to preen her feathers "Though I’m gonna be honest and I juuussst might be swallowing my pride a little bit here" Your eyebrows raise "I actually like it when you challenge me, it shows me just how smart you are and though I wouldn't call myself particularly bright, I do respect smart ponies. Why else d’you think I hit it off so well with Twilight?"

That is true. RD does have a very close connection with Twilight to the point the bond was sisterly, and not just because they had known each other for a number of years now. They seem to complete each other, make each other a better pony. The Rainbow Dash you know today, you owe to Twilight, you will try to remember to thank her one of these days.

"Honestly I could talk all day about what makes my friends so amazing, how supportive they are, how cool they are, how they’ve helped me grow..." She stops herself. You are at oblivious as to whether she was talking about just the other Elements of Harmony, or if you were part of the fold

"But I can tell you wanna talk about other stuff… like… HOW ABOUT HOW AWESOME I AM?!" You seem to chuckle internally "Yeah, now there's a conversation topic! With my cool demeanour, my daring manoeuvres, my mane, how attractive I…"

She stops once more when she sees you blush as one crosses her face as well, though hers is much more apparent than yours, much to your surprise. Heat slowly leaves her cheeks as she continues and composes herself.

"I was just kidding; besides I’ve learned as time has gone on that there is a line that needs to be drawn whenever it comes to boasting. Like there is nothing wrong with feeling pride, but there is always a limit. I mean can you believe that my friends actually had to dress up as a fake superhero to take me down a peg or two? I was so mad at first, before I realized that they did it out of love, to help me turn a corner as I grew to become a better pony."

You nod and smile. Years of being humbled and experience has made her a fairly wise and also insightful pony. She clearly is able to take advice from others on board, of course most of that is due to her being surrounded by positive influences, but she has allowed their advice to influence her. She has made an admirable transition from a talented but slightly hot-headed Pegasus to a Bonafide role model for future generations.

"All I can do now is just continue that development to the best I can be." she continues as you stare in awe at the inspirational Pegasus in your presence "Even though… and I might be getting a bit philosophical here, you could also make the argument that no pony can be perfect. Either that or every pony is perfect, as all life ever expects from us to be ourselves. Who we are determines how we grow, what our cutie marks show what our destiny is and how much we are truly willing to seek out our dream. You’re either a glass is half empty or half full kind of pony, but for me, when I did that Sonic Rainboom, it was a real eye opener even for young me. It made me feel like I was worth something, that I had a purpose, and I would do the best I can to find a way to fulfil that purpose no matter what it took, even if I still have tons of stuff to learn about myself and life in general. But whatever it is, I wouldn't change a thing, my life is far too precious to me, and who I am is not something I can change even if growth is necessary, so no feelings get hurt. But yeah, even despite all the living I have left to do, I’m still good ol’ Rainbow Dash."

Speechless. Eyes blank and pupils dilated. Your lips quiver as words try to escape. Your brain races trying to process everything Rainbow Dash had just said. Not to say it doesn't make sense to you, it was just very unexpected for her to get so philosophically deep. Behind your comedically bemused expression, you can't help seeing the truth behind her words. Every creature is made for a purpose, and all of life's experiences in one way or another exists to help one discover that purpose. Life is one massive journey, everyone on the same path, everyone starting from point A. embarking on the pursuit of reaching point B, even if no-one is ever really sure when they reach it. Some say point B is perfection, but like she had established, it is impossible. However, if that was the case then doesn't that mean that everyone is perfect, because since perfection doesn't exist, everyone is perfect in their own way, since being perfect in this world is actually about not being perfect since nobody can be perfect aren't you saying perfect a little too much?

"Ha!" The cyan pony suddenly busts out laughing, falling to her back with a thump, before wriggling on the ground with hysterics. She struggles to breathe as she tries to form a sentence amidst her laughing fit. "Oh, your face right now is so priceless, it's just like… “WHAAAAAAAAATTTT?”

You find a large smile makes its way onto your face as you utter stifled laughter. Her laughter projects an infectious, positive energy into the surrounding sky, as you and your best friend share a joyous moment of laughter, over something you'll realise in hindsight, wasn't particularly funny.

Rainbow Dash wipes away the tears brimming in her eyes as her eyes wander to meet yours. Her smile grows bigger as a result.

"Sorry, I see what you mean though, I mean, I have no idea where that whole speech came from." Rainbow Dash says in earnest, still chuckling "I guess that is what happens when I’m feeling hyper. When my brain is more awake, and I tend to process all these different things and just end up procrastinating and forget what kind of point I was trying to make."

Amen to that, you think to yourself. Honestly though a lot of ponies' respect a lot of personality traits of Rainbow Dash, one that gets very little credit for you is her brain. Of course, she isn't Booksmart like Twilight, but to say some of the things she says, and even do some of the things she does, definitely requires some level of intelligence. Her manoeuvres must require some level of mathematic calculation, taking into account things such as trajectory, velocity and gravitational pull. Though she may not think so much about it, she just seems to know those things without even thinking about it.

As you sit in silence, you see Rainbow Dash has her front hooves crossed and your brain tells yourself that she needs to hear this. She needs to be told just how amazing she is, without even really trying. How she is so much more than what other ponies see in her. With all these compliments filling your brain you feel ready to burst if you don't open your mouth, so with that, you speak out those words as the blue pony's eyes grow wider and wider as the corners of her lips perk upwards sheepishly.

"Aww, I do like to think I am much smarter than ponies give me credit for, but hearing it from you, makes me feel, a weird, yet strong and warm sensation in my stomach." she replies, trying to process what this very sweet person just told her, as you reflect upon your words, pride swelling in your chest.

"I am gonna be honest, no one else other than you make me feel the same way." Now it's your turn to feel taken aback, as your temperature starts to shoot up "Even now, I feel my brain fogging up with thoughts, all about one thing. I suddenly feel a bit weak if I’m honest."

She yawns loudly, as you see her hooves start to weaken as you feel all the adrenaline and energy suddenly start to escape her.

"Wait! Did I just yawn? I never yawn…" She says firmly and slightly embarrassed as, yet another yawn slyly leaves her as she slaps herself "no stop it! To think, just a minute ago, I felt like bouncing off the walls."

She then looks at you, and scowls jokingly, trying to hide her relaxed tone

"Ugh I blame you!" she says sarcastically "Coming in here, making me feel all… warm and cozy inside." She trots next to you and collapses dramatically next to you, as you look down at the cute image of your crush trying to fight the desire to relax

"Hey, is it just me or have these clouds suddenly become softer?" she says squinting "Like I mean, they were soft before, but now they are pretty dang fluffy. Maybe it's just my imagination."

She looks up at you, frowning "Well are you gonna stand there gawking at me or are you gonna come down and see for yourself just how awesome this fluff is? Here..." she shuffles to her side, and moulds a larger spot big enough for you to lie in. Your first instinct is to be hesitant, as Rainbow Dash pouts irritated "Oh come on its not like it's weird lying next to each other or anything, besides it's only a bit of sky gazing." she smiles confidently "I mean I don’t think it’s weird. Besides, it's your fault I’m in this mess. If you didn't say all those nice things about me, I wouldn't be so caught off guard."

She sighs contently "Though, I can’t say I’m complaining too much, it's quite a nice feeling actually."

You start lowering yourself down, slowly before Rainbow Dash's stare persuades you to lower down quicker

"Get down here you! Before I start falling asleep and sinking through the cloud and fall to my death" You cock an eyebrow and remind her you aren't actually on a cloud, besides she could just catch herself with her wings as her face blushes once more "I already knew that, look my brain gets loopy when its tired okay. Stop messing with my head!"

You laugh as you cross your legs, and slowly lower your back against the soft and slightly squishy surface, sighing satisfied. It's like lying on a waterbed, as the seconds start to tick by slower and slower as Rainbow Dash speaks once more.

"Well, now that I’m feeling a lot calmer, I suppose the only thing left now is a bit of cloud gazing, on another level." she says as she props her head up with her hooves, as clouds of all different shapes and sizes cruises across with the gentle thin breeze.

"Honestly, staring at the clouds up here from down there, is nowhere near the level of sky watching that we’ve reached. Stratospheric cloud gazing is on another level. You can feel the air be slightly thinner and colder, but not to the point where it is unbearable. The sky is such a deeper, and more pleasing shade of blue, I look up there and it reminds me of just how big the world really is, how if I keep ascending, how if I keep going up, I will never stop going, there will still be more. More matter, more galaxies, more space. It's just never ending, and then I look at myself, seeing a little spec hardly making an impact on the vastness of the cosmos"

You typically don't let your mind wander to these types of deep thoughts, but you haven't known Rainbow to get philosophical either. All of this is so alien to you, but it makes your eyes look at her slightly more adoringly. You already know she is amazing, but you cannot help but realise, she is a book with a lot more pages to read before one can draw her chapter to a close.

"But that only means I shouldn't let the little things get me down" she continues insightfully "Because there are so much more important things in life. All the little things, such as money and stress and reputation, all of it does not matter. They will all go once I'm gone, but things like my love for my friends and family is what is gonna immortalise me, even if that is the least of my concern. This is that place where I realise that. My place where nothing can bother me, nothing but me and the clouds ya know. My place to escape"

Part of your caring instinct goes to ask what specifically it is she wants to escape from, before realising she hasn't finished speaking

"I dunno, just everything gets a bit much sometimes. The pressures of being so awesome" she chuckles "But seriously, and don't tell any pony else this. But I’ve been…" The pause causes you to life your head in concern, she turns to look at you, almost as if she is looking for your exact expression. Upon finding it, she takes in a deep, reassured breath "I've been struggling lately. I'm not... depressed! Celestia no!" You reach out an arm towards her, finding her face, her face going from a deep frown to a slightly less glum one "Aww, that's really sweet of you to be concerned, but I promise you I am fine, I'm just a bit overwhelmed with everything at the moment. Ya know, being a Wonderbolt, the odd death-defying mission to save Equestria, and even being with my friends is great and all but it gets very tiring you know? As shocking as that sounds."

Part of you does want to feel shocked as it's just so unbelievable that Rainbow Dash would ever get tired of hanging with her friends. But Rainbow has always struck you as somepony who relies on keeping certain things hidden for the sake of her reputation. When she is far away from all that, you can imagine certain truths are sure to be revealed.

"You see, even if I’m super confident and I long for attention from my fellow peers. I actually love my alone time, why else d’you think I enjoy my naps alone? I know it's hard to believe that I am introverted, but its why I do what I love. I love flying, I love being with my friends, it just means its draining. There is a big difference you know."

You almost feel a tear come to your eye. You are somewhat of an introvert yourself, so you completely understand what she is trying to say. Tiredness and social anxiety are something difficult to see physical signs of, and some creatures are very good at hiding it, more than others so it seems. You simply could not be as brave as Rainbow Dash, you think to yourself, to have an ability to push through everything for the sake of others is the noblest thing one can do for another even if its cliche. However, there comes a point where one simply must look after themself over others, which Rainbow has clearly found time and even a place where she can give a little bit of self-healing, acknowledgement of that is key to a happy and fulfilling life.

"To this day part of me still rejects that part of myself" Rainbow continues in earnest "I mean I haven't told anyone outside my closest friends and family. I know its petty, but my image seriously is important, because if those who count on me see me as weak, then who is gonna defend and help them in their time of need. I’m meant to be a leader for every pony, a role model that doesn't show any signs of weakness. I get being myself isn’t something to be ashamed of and I am not, it's just, tough being myself when all these ponies expect you to be something you are not."

You sit in silence for a very short while as her sight turns away from you once more.

"I’m so sorry, you don't want to hear my problems. It's just you strike me as a good listener, and you clearly care about me… a lot. I don’t want that to go to waste simply because I have to insensitively vent to you…"

You cannot explain what you do next. Time seems to become even slower as you take in everything about the mare in front of you. The fact that she trusts you, is honest with you along with every physical aspect of her that makes her so stinking cute. It's all too much for you to bear, as you yank her towards you with force but not so much as to hurt her (too much). You close your eyes as your lips meet hers, grabbing her shoulders as her wandering hoof finds your neck, before being brought back down to Earth once you release from your brief tongue tango.

"Wait, why did you do that?" Her face suggests confusion and embarrassment, as you turn your head away, ashamed of yourself for such a thoughtless gesture. Why on Celestia's green Equestria would she want to kiss you? "I mean, it wasn’t… bad or anything." Your chin buries itself into your chest even more as your neck retreats into your shoulders as you start to close those boundaries you so foolishly and bluntly broke through, you then feel a soft hoof wrap around your arm "Hey, look, you didn’t do anything wrong you are completely fine. Besides, I think it was really brave of you to do that, no pony has had the courage to just… K.I.S.S M.E out of nowhere."

Part of you is surprised. But then again normally it is her being the forward one, despite the fact you are pretty sure she's never had a partner.

"I-I’m sorry, I’m being r-really awkward, I’ve never d-done this before, not even once." You stand corrected as you sympathetically look on at your friend, whose speech has rapidly increased in speed. "I know despite the fact that I am attractive and that I could land any eligible stallion if I really wanted to, heck even the odd mare, and I am totally totally fine with doing all of this even though I feel like my face is turning into a tomato, I-I… I…"

You start stroking her mane as her stumbles turn into relaxed sighs, the feeling of smooth, multi coloured keratin against your fingers makes you feel closer to Rainbow Dash than you ever had before.

"You really know how to relax me don't you. Oh, Celestia you are so amazing!" You start blushing as she continues complimenting you "Just, you ya know? Everything! Your kindness, your intelligence, your talent, your aura it's all so much for me to take in. I never get exhausted or feel like I need a nap after I've been with you. I just wanna spend all my moments with you, you are just that special to me. Special enough for me to grab, hug and kiss and... and... Ohhhhhhh, come here you"

You are pushed back by the force of Rainbow Dash's lips pressing itself against yours, her face tensing as she continues to rub it against yours. More seconds pass by the both of you as the passionate embrace sends shivers down your spine. Rainbow Dash releases and launches back onto her back as you do the same, the mare blushing profusely and breathing heavily.

"Omigosh, I feel like time just stood still." Her breaths start to slow "Oh some pony help I think I’m hyperventilating."

You place your arm around her ribs as she starts to control her heavy breathing, her chest rising lower and lower with each breath as you comfort her sudden panic attack.

"Wh-why have you got your arm around my ribs?" She asks confused. Then a wicked idea crosses your idea, as you other hand reaches over towards her mane, tussling the rainbow strands as gleeful chuckles escapes the Rainbow coloured pony, her giggles sending more warm sensations through you "Hey don't tussle my mane, you know that's my weakness" You continue doing it gradually getting faster, Rainbow leans up to try and escape the wrath of your head tussle, however you lean up to follow her. Rainbow can hardly contain herself as her speech is hindered by almost childish giggling "I’m trying to have a legitimate conversation with you about this and you cannot take it seriously."

A few more seconds of this goes by until, a teary-eyed Rainbow Dash "Okay that's it, if you ever wanted to be pinned down by a girl, then you are about to experience it in three seconds if you don't stop." You don't "I'm warning ya" You continue "3… 2… 1… hiiiyah"

The Rainbow mare lunges at you, catching you in her front hooves before pinning you by your chest on the ground, still chuckling as you yourself as are beside yourself with laughter. You have not laughed like that in ages. The laughter echoes across the sky, you think to yourself that the neighbours must think you both are insane. But you don't care. All that matters now, is that you have your special friend, laughing away like no pony's watching. You feel like you are floating, Celestia you love this mare so much!

You think the laughter has subsided, only for Rainbow to burst into another fit of infectious laughter at the simple thought of what had just happened. You yourself have no choice but to join her for the next few seconds of laughter as both of you eventually dry your eyes and attempt to contain your breathing. A loving expression is given your way from the crimson eyed pony. Two large, delicate rubies full of so much joy and care for others. She truly does live up to her title of the Element of Loyalty.

"Hey, I've got an idea" she says "I mean lying here is great and all, but I think it's time you experienced lying on a cloud"

You feel like going into another laughing at what seems at first to be a very stupid notion. It's like she has forgotten you are not a Pegasus and cannot walk on clouds

"That sounds stupid but here me out. In fact, let me show you" with that she picks you and up and starts taking you higher, fear and dread suddenly fills your soul as the sickening sensation of being risen higher and higher as well as so suddenly feels like enough for you to throw up your stomach lining for it to fall back down to the ground. Until eventually you feel you and Rainbow's trajectory change and start to lower yourself down towards a large, very fluffy looking cloud. You close your eyes, curse Rainbows tendency to act before thinking.

You make contact with the fluff of the cloud, before realising, you aren't falling at a hundred kilometres per hour through the air. You slowly open your eyes to see the confident, relaxed gaze of Rainbow Dash directed towards you, her wings flapping softly with all four hooves wrapped tightly around you as you become slightly less terrified, granted that is not saying much.

"Sorry for scaring you like that ya big baby" Rainbow Dash says slightly mockingly "But I just thought you should have a chance to feel what it's like being on the fluff of a cloud. You are perfectly safe in my hooves, seriously, upper body strength is my speciality."

You run a hand against the cloud, the fluff disappearing as your finger runs a very small circuit through it, the cloud filling up the holes left by your finger. It is a feeling unlike any other. The breeze is chillier, but also brisker when up higher as your eyes stare further up to see nothing but contrasting shades of blue. The cloud was indeed soft, softer than any silk. It's a softness you feel ready to faint over from just how incredible it feels to touch. Meanwhile Rainbow chuckles knowingly, seeing how you simply awe at your surroundings.

"This was my exact reaction when my parents took me here for the first time. Of course, it would be perfect if you could actually lie on these clouds yourself without assistance. But this way you still get an idea for it. Besides..."

Her voice turns quieter as she brings her face closer, your noses touching

"We're closer this way, and I can see in full that pretty face of yours"

You bring your lips to her neck, pecking her softly as Rainbow closes her eyes and lets out a satisfied hum

"How d’you do it?"

You look at her in confusion as she giggles "Be so amazing of course silly. What is your secret? You just always manage to make me smile. Its honestly why you are trustworthy enough to about my issues down there. And it's not just me either, with just how you manage to make everyone's day, who wouldn't trust you with any dark secret? That is assuming you won't go screaming out to the world that I am an introvert."

She gives you a fake scowl on the last sentence as you smile and give a solemn oath, only after saying "you can't make any promises"

Saying “you can't make any promises” isn't good enough! How am I supposed to know you will be able to keep your mouth shut? I guess you have nothing holding you back. Unless my meticulous plan to keep you in my hoofs forever, high up here where you will never see civilisation again works, muhahahahahahahaha!"

Her soft evil laugh makes you light up even more and let out a small chuckle

"Aww thanks, I do have my moments where I can be funny. It's nice to have some pony share my sense of humour with."

She responds by taking some cloud fluff and burying it in your hair affectionately. You shake your head like a dog, getting some fluff in her hair as they linger on both of your faces like bubbles.

"Hey hooves off the merchandise bucko" she snaps, before giggling affectionately at the sight of you "Aw, you look cute with cloud fluff in your hair."

You return the complement, Rainbow squeeing as her eyes go wider.

"Stop saying that I’m cute, it's just… too sweet, I mean I can't, you’re gonna make me cry!" she goes to wipe away a tear, before realising she has her hooves wrapped around you. You stare at Rainbow Dash, for some pony who seemingly detested mushy stuff, she is acting very... well girly.

"Why do you look so surprised?" Rainbow Dash queries "I’m allowed to use words like “cute” and “sweet”. Besides, they are words that describe you perfectly. You are the cutest little sweetie, that I love" She giggles as you look back at her with widened eyes, she takes in a breath "Yeah, I said the “L” word. I know I may be a tomcolt sometimes, but you really make me feel like a mare. In fact, would you mind wrapping your arms around my neck and your legs around mine? I wanna feel like you are the one holding me. Don't worry I won't let go I swear."

You oblige, trusting her with keeping you airborne in your arms, and with the reassurance that if you did fall, then Rainbow Dash would catch you and save you. But right now, she is the one that needs someone else to act like they were in charge. She wants to be treated like a mare. Something she deserves, and something you are going to give to her right now. Your nostrils tickle with her skittle flavoured scent, and your skin brushes her floof. Your legs twisting around one another, as both of you lie rigidly still, floating in mid-air as you cuddle, sky high, above everything and every creature. You have reached literally new heights with this mare in your arms, one who had just revealed a side, that you didn't know she could ever have, and it made you want her even more than you did.

"You seem to be enjoying this new, sensitive, girly side of me" the mare says confidently "Though... if I may be honest… I’m feeling a bit nervous, in a really good way though. Honestly, you feel my heartbeat against your chest, it's absolutely racing."

Your heartbeat is equally as quick, as both of them beat in rhythmic harmony with each other.

"It's such a different feeling of adrenaline, so warm and relaxing and nice." she continues "I sound like a broken record at this point, but no pony else can make me feel this way.

Your fingers reach the base of her wings gently flapping, stroking them as all tension and exhaustion in their flapping starts to lessen.

"Ooh, your hands running through my wings feel so nice. Though don't distract me too much, if you remember, I'm the one holding us in the air. But I can see why they are pleasing to touch; I mean I did recently preen them, so they are quite soft.

Your nose then suddenly boops her muzzle as you start to rub affectionately. The mare recedes her face as a ticklish grin lights up on her face. She then leans to your ear and starts whispering.

"I feel, so free right now. Just, lying on a soft fluffy cloud, cuddling with a handsome stud. This is every mare’s dream." She says softly as you smile, tears brimming in your eyes once more, as one falls through the cloud and to the ground below

"This is a dream, that no pony else can possibly make true for me." she looks at you "Only you, d'you know why? Because you are special to me. You know me like no other. You know how to bring my walls down, and I know that when it brought down, I never have to bring them up again when I’m with you."

Her touching words are becoming too much to bear as you snuggle deeper and deeper into her

"Sometimes I don't even feel like myself when it's just me and my thoughts and I feel lost as heck." Empathy once again crosses your expression, even more so when you see tears in her eyes not quite understanding the meaning behind them

"But then, I met you" she says breaking up slightly "And ever since, I’ve not been any pony but myself, because you’ve managed to convince me that it's not worth it trying to be any pony else."

She presses her lips against yours once more, before letting them recede "Your lips are so soft to kiss"

You could honestly say the same as she starts moving them to your cheek and neck, trying to rub her face into as much of you as possible

"Is it just me or has time stood still once more?" You chuckle softly, as a pause echoes across the air, before Rainbow lets out a hum, implying she is going to speak. She sniffles as she opens her mouth to speak softly and wholeheartedly.

"Please just promise me one thing, that you’ll stay with me forever? Be mine! Don't ever remove your arms from my waist, you are the only one I want to touch."

She yawns

"You are too great you know that? Just don't ever stop being you. Okay?"

You nod with tears in your eyes

"Thank you." she responds as the both of you kiss sweetly once more. Something has changed with in you, not the same from what it once was. Everything just zones out as the afternoon slips by. Only in being this Mare's man are you content. How her smile to raise oceans, how her confidence and charisma could make life mean everything to even the most cynical of creatures. She's as precious as diamonds, as lovely as the Mare she wants to be but hides from others and above all... she's Rainbow Dash. A pony who encapsulates a lot of things, but never has cruel, unfaithful and hideous ever felt so inaccurate in describing some pony. All you want is her. You want your head in the clouds, you want to be her everything as much as she is to you. These thoughts swarm your mind, as you close your eyes and relax into them as your brain leaves the stratosphere and reaches heights higher than any Universe could contain. Heights too high for any creature to reach and pull the both of you down.

This is your Universe; this is your Rainbow Dash.

Comments ( 1 )

Amazing job, this is one of my favorite stories from you (:

Login or register to comment