• Published 14th Sep 2022
  • 1,267 Views, 86 Comments

Equestria Wolves: The Pack is Family, The Pack is Life - Lord Shadow Eclipse



Twilight Sparkle and her friends are sent to a new world as a wolf pack. How will they adjust to their new forms and instincts?

  • ...
0
 86
 1,267

Chapter 5: Pups

Later That Night

It was early evening when the pack returned to the den. The waxing gibbous moon was hanging low in the night sky, illuminating the nocturnal landscape in aquamarine light. They had licked their lips from their first successful hunt since they've become wolves. Lora pointed at the moon with her nose.

"The Lunar Assembly is tomorrow night. We should start traveling to Howler's Rock tomorrow," she said.

"Thanks, Lora. Can you lead us there tomorrow?" Twilight asked.

"Of course! It's the least I can do for accepting me," Lora replied.

Twilight smiled at her. Lora could be a fine addition to their pack. Besides, she's their best source of information on this world they have.

Twilight was about to lead the pack into the den when a strangely familiar smell hit her nose from within the den. It wasn't any of the others' scents, but it was definitely the scent of wolves. She took a deep sniff to get a mental image of what she was smelling.

To Twilight's shock, the mental image split into two familiar forms: those of Starlight Glimmer and Trixie! Her eyes snapped open and she dove into the den. Thanks to her enhanced sight, she could make out the shapes of two sleeping wolves in the den.

Only, these weren't adult wolves, but pups. Barely old enough to join the adults on hunts, from the looks of them. They were cute little balls of fluff and pent-up energy peacefully sleeping. And they were wolves that Twilight recognized.

Twilight nuzzled Starlight and Trixie to wake them up.

"Starlight! Trixie! Wake up!" Twilight whispered.

Slowly, both Starlight and Trixie opened their little eyes and stared at wolf Twilight. They both jumped up in fear and looked right in Twilight's golden-yellow eyes. Starlight seemed to recognize Twilight even in her new body.

"Twilight? Is that you? How did you become a wolf?" Starlight asked.

"The same way you did," Twilight replied.

Starlight and Trixie looked at each other, gasped, and then looked back to Twilight.

"What happened?! How did we become wolves?!" Trixie asked loudly.

"Just follow me outside and I'll explain everything," Twilight said.

Twilight led the young pups out of the den and into the moonlight for the rest of the pack to see. Fluttershy and Pinkie squealed and scooped up Starlight and Trixie to snuggle them both.

"You are so cute!!" Fluttershy screamed.

Pinkie was sniffing them both. "And they have that classic puppy smell!"

"Hey! Let us go!" Starlight wheezed.

Thankfully, they were released from the loving grasps of the happy wolves and the pack took full stock into the sight of Starlight and Trixie as wolf pups.

"I'm guessing what happened to us happened to you?" Applejack asked.

"All I know is Trixie and I showed up to join your slumber party when we saw a bright light coming from the portal from the library. Next thing we know, we're wolf pups," Starlight replied.

Trixie was feeling her own fur with her paws. "At least we're soft and fuzzy."

Rainbow licked the top of Trixie's head. "And you're adorable, too."

"Alright, we should explain the current situation," Twilight said.


One Lengthy Explanation Later

Starlight and Trixie sat there and were trying to process everything they've been told. They've become wolves, actually hunted and ate another creature, and now they were going to find a way back to Equestria.

"Well, this entire thing makes sense," Starlight said.

"But why are we wolf pups while the rest of you are adults? We're the same age as you!" Trixie complained.

"Not sure why. I'm willing to just chalk it up as a magic thing," Applejack replied.

"At least you're old enough to start running with the rest of us," Fluttershy said.

"Also, why is Spike a raven?" Starlight asked.

"It may be due to him being a dragon in Equestria," Rarity replied.

Spike shook his feathers. "At least these feathers are warm."

"Do we have any idea about how we're going to return to Equestria?" Starlight asked.

"Well, the best thing we can do for now is to learn more about this world. And we may have a lead," Twilight replied. "There's supposed to be a gathering at a place called 'Howler's Rock'."